Bane

By sweetchoclate9

How far can an Alpha go far his mate? Anna is an innocent, beautiful seventeen year werewolf waiting for he... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
EPILOGUE
The Steamy Chapter-1
Author's Note (A/N)

Chapter-17

93K 2.3K 207
By sweetchoclate9

Chapter-17

-The Luna

Anna's POV

"How about this?", I asked my mother as I took out another dress which is of dark green in color and put it on me, just to check out how it looks on it. She took a look at it keenly before answering. I am trired of trying clothes one after another.

"Good, but not great", she replied and took out a white dress from the closet. All the dresses were bought by Bane before I came here. Most of them still have rate tags on them as I didn't use them. Also it has been only a few weeks since I came here and there are a lot of clothes, I can't wear them all at once. So, now I am checking each one of them and trying to decide what to wear on tonight's party.

"Wow! It's so beautiful mom!", I exclaimed as I took it from her. She smiled.

"Now get ready. It's already six. The ceremony will start at seven thirty right", she said pushing me to the bathroom. I smiled and went to the bathroom. I closed the door and soon my mind diverted on Bane. He left in the morning and still didn't come home. He didn't even have his lunch. I can't stop thinking about him. I am worried. I tried to mind link him, but it is closed as he was busy.

Try again now, my wolf suggested.

Okay, I agreed and concentrated on mind linking him. It's still closed. Why is he so busy? Is he okay? Why is he not responding? All the questions ran through my mind as I tried to mind link him. I tried harder to push his link barrier and it finally worked.

"Bane!" , I shouted.

"Anna. Anna! Sweet, are you okay?", his worried voice asked. It's so rare to hear emotions in his voice.

"Yes. I am fine. But, where are you? You didn't come home for lunch. Is everything okay? Are you okay?", I asked all the questions that ran through my mind.

"Don't worry about me. I am good. I was busy in pack business. I will come home soon. Don't worry about me. Get ready soon and don't go out till I come home. Take care", he said before closing the link.

I frowned. Why is he closing the link? He is definitely hiding something. I shook my head to shake away all the thoughts and got into the shower. I washed my hair and cleaned myself. Wrapping a towel around myself, I went into the closet that is just beside the bathroom and dried myself.

I took the white dress and wore it. It reached my thighs and has sleeves that ran over my shoulder, leaving my hands sleeveless. My long brown hair fell to my waist from one side and the remaining is at the back. I wore a pair of white diamond studs and put on a white bracelet matching my dress and came out. My mom stood up once she saw me and she is looking at me in awe.

"Oh my dear! You look so beautiful. Bane will sure love it". I blushed on her last line.

"Mom!". She came to me and held my face in her hands before kissing my forehead with love.

"You already turned eighteen. You father would be so happy to see how old his Baby girl has become", she with tears in her eyes.

"Mom", my voice came out as a whisper. I can't stand seeing her like this.

"See it's already seven. I will go and change too. Your brother must be in his room sleeping. I will go and wake him", she said as she patted my cheek and smiled before leaving muttering how my brother has no time sense about when to sleep. I smiled at her and looked down thinking about dad. Just then my phone rang. I went to my night stand to take it. I saw the caller ID and it's Josh. I smiled instantly.

"Josh!", I greeted cheerfully.

"Hey Luna!", he teased, stressing on the word Luna. I should say, Josh and I have become great friends. We have so much fun together. He is the one person here, that I share almost everything with. He went to meet his relatives and he may not be coming till a week now.

"Ssup buddy?".

"Nothing much. It's quite boring here with all the grandmothers", he said groaning and I laughed.

"So, you are having so much fun there. Will you ever come back here?",I asked sarcastically, knowing it will annoy him.

"Oh please. If running is the only way to come there, I will even do that. I will even run million miles if I have to do it. Anyway, how are the arrangements going?", he asked changing the topic.

"I don't know. You know Bane. He wouldn't let me out. Not even on my birthday". It's my turn to groan.

"Don't worry. Some Alpha's are grumpy like that", he commented.

"You are mean. Don't call my mate grumpy. He is only hot", I stated and heard a snort from the other end.

"Now what? You both are like lovey-dovey than normal. Please don't tell me I have to watch you both eating each other's faces once I come there. I would rather stay here with my grandmother's than see that", he said and I literally see him making a disgusting face. I bit my lip, thinking about that.

"Don't worry. Even if we do it, you wouldn't be in that room, since you know, you Alpha is a very private person", I said blushing. I heard a gasp on the other end.

"So you ARE making out and eating each other's faces! I KNEW IT!", he shouted. I pulled my phone away for a minute and winced before putting it back near my ear.

"Chill dude! You are such a gossip cat!", I teased.

"Yeah, whatever. So, when will the ceremony start?", he asked.

"At seven thirty".

"How is the security though? I am sure it's very tight", he added.

"Of course. Also Bane is taking extra care for some reason and he was busy the whole day today. Something is there, but he is not telling me. I think it must be about the rogues", I said and there was a bit of silence on the other end. I called his name and then he responded.

"Oh.... Yeah! Sorry. I was just thinking about things and how it's going there", he replied.

"It's okay. Don't stress yourself. Enjoy your week there. I had extra security now, so no harm", I assured, knowing he will be thinking about my security.

"Oh.... That's good. Now.... You will be extra safe and guarded well", he said, but I sense awkwardness in his words.

"Yes and why are you saying it like that?". He heaved a sigh.

"Nothing. Just assuring myself you are safe. It's my job to keep you safe and as your friend, I am worried".

"No need to worry. That's what I have been telling you. Now I have to go. Bye", I said smiling.

"Bye", he said and I cut the call before putting my phone on the night stand. I heard footsteps and turned my head to look at the room's entrance. There stood Bane. He has an angry look on his eyes. His eyes are in pure black, meaning his wolf is totally out. His claws are extended. I gasped lightly before going to him with only one question running through my mind. What happened?

"Bane", I whispered once I reached him. I raised my hand and put it on his cheek, caressing him. I am not scared of this side of him, but I am scared of what he is capable of doing when he is angry. I ran my finger tips on his hand and slid them down to his palm before clasping mine with his. I entwined our fingers and felt his sharp claws graze lightly over my skin. I looked into his eyes as he stared back.

Suddenly he pulled away and walked into the bathroom quickly, taking long strides. I just stood there, shell shocked. Why is he so angry? Something happened. Something really big. I bit my lip and I paced the room slowly without realizing. Soon he came out of the bathroom with towel and looked at me. As I took a step towards him, he went into the closet. I just stood there again.

He soon came out in a white button up shirt, with top three buttons open and a black jeans pant. I can't help but admire his beauty. He is looking so hot and sexy. But soon I stopped myself from checking him. He came near me and before I can say anything, he started talking.

"You look beautiful Sweet", he said as he took my hand in his. I noticed that his eyes are no longer black, but back to the sea green that they really are.

"Thank you. But why-", he stopped me before I can question him.

"I will explain to you everything later. Nothing happened. You don't need to worry", he assured.

"Okay", I agreed, not wanting to press more on the topic. He brought my hand that he was holding to his lips and placed a kiss on my knuckles before pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back.

"I won't let anything happen to you", he said while kissing my head and I smiled. I pulled away and took his face in my hands.

"I can clearly see that something is bothering you. What is it?", I asked desperately.

"Nothing", he said.

I gave him a look.

"Later. Now, let's go. Everyone will be waiting", he said while taking my hand and pulling me with him gently.

God, he is so hot when he orders us. Just kiss him!, my horny wolf said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Thank you and yes, once we start, there may not be any stopping point", he said with a slight smirk and no emotion voice with a tint of huskiness. I blushed, knowing he heard my wolf in my mind and closed the mind link.

We walked to the downstairs, hand-in-hand. My mother and my brother are waiting for us in the living room. They both stood up once we came and Mike came to hug me while grinning.

"You are looking so beautiful little sis. Can't believe you are eighteen already", he said while pulling away. I smiled at him. Bane took hold of my elbow and pulled me to him. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Let's go", he said seriously and we all went out. Soon, the security is following us.

"Where is the ceremony?", I asked while sitting in the car.

"It's just beside the pack house", he said while closing the car door for me and went to sit in the driver seat beside me. Mother and Mike are sitting behind us and I saw that three more other cars are following us.

Soon we are in the pack house. There are many people or should I say werewolves. Of his pack have more than thousand wolves. Once the car stopped, Bane came to my side to open the door and I came out while taking the hand he offered. He closed the door and my parents came out too. Everyone started whispering.

What might they be thinking? May be they think I am mean, since I didn't meet them till now? Will they like me? Can I stand beside Bane and be the good Luna like a good Alpha he is? Many questions are running through my mind.

Don't be scared Sweet. I am right here. Yes, you will be a good Luna. They all will love you, since you are their Luna and they are whispering about how beautiful you are, he said through pack link and I relaxed a little bit, he said through the mind link.

We went to the big stage, which has a podium on it. Everyone stood straight and attentive in the field. Mom and Mike stood beside me and mom held my hand.

"Everything will be fine. Don't be nervous", she assured. But something in my mind doesn't set right. My heart constantly tells that, something is going to be wrong.

"Wait here. I will call you up on the stage", he said cupping my cheek before going up on the stage.

After The Ceremony

I stood beside the him on the stage as he announced me as Luna and everyone is cheering loudly.

"Does it still hurt?", he asked as he took my hand and noticed the palm that he cut to link our blood during the ceremony. Since we are werewolves, it's already healing.

"No. It's fine. How is yours?", I asked taking his hand. He has a surprised look on his face.

"It's healed", he said as I looked at him palm. He put his fingers under my chin and raised my head lightly to make me look at him. We stared at each other for a moment. He caressed my cheek and the next minute, his lips are on mine. His tongue plunged into my mouth, like he owns it and I smiled before kissing him back as I put my arms around his neck.

Then I heard the whole pack cheering and pulled away blushing as I hid my face in his neck.

"That's for all the unmated males in my pack to know that you are mine and only mine", he whispered in my ear and kissed my head. I heard awe's and ooh's. I looked at my mother, who is standing down the stage, she is giving me a thumbs up.

After that, we went down and Bane introduced me to many of the pack members. Delta, pack doctors, pack warriors, trackers, even omegas. I thought most of the Alpha's don't give respect to omegas, but Bane is definitely not one of them. He treats everyone equally. There is pure respect for him in everyone's eyes. I am proud to have a mate like that.

"Let's meet the children. They have been asking me about meeting their Luna since a few days as they came to know that I found my mate", he said while taking me to them. They are all playing and once they saw us coming they all came running to us. I sat down on my knees to reach their level.

"Luna!", they cheered as a cute girl of maybe four years came and hugged me. It caught me off guard.

"Hey guys!", I said awkwardly. Bane stood beside me.

"You know, we have been waiting to meet you for so many days now", the small kid who stood in front of me said cutely. He may be of eight years.

"Will you play with us?", another kid asked and I grinned at all of them.

"Of course. We can play all you want. We can spend a lot of time. I would like to know all of your names", I said grinning as I looked everyone of them and smiled at the girl who hugged me.

"Really?", she asked with hope.

"Really. Wha-", before I can complete my sentence, Bane cut me off and took my hand.

"After wards kids. Luna has to meet other people", he said and gave them all a curt nod, like they are his business delegates. I shook my head at him and gave them all a wave.

"Bye Luna", they all cheered.

"Bye", I said and turned back to Bane. He is taking me to introduce to pack women. There are married women, some are even studying and some are still in school like me. Everyone of them is nice. All the teen girls dressed well. Although some dressed tightly, they didn't show any disrespect or even flirt with Bane. May be that's just their life style.

I never expected Dark Night Pack to be this kind. I thought, they all know only how to kill people, boy was I wrong. Then my father's words rang in my mind. Never judge a book by it's cover. I even misjudged Bane. I called him many words and almost rejected him. I am such a bad mate. He is anything but a monster. In fact he is sweet and cute like teddy bear when we are alone.

"No, I am not. I have abs", I heard Bane say as we are walking back to my parents. I gasped.

"You shouldn't do it!", I warned him.

"Why shouldn't I, when I can?", he asked teasingly with a smirk on his face. I turned away from him and tried to hear his thoughts.

Why did she turn away like that? May be she is angry that I heard her thoughts. She is so beautiful tonight. She looks like an Angel. I heard and blushed instantly.

"Thank you and I am not angry at you", I said and for a milli second, his eyes widened, but soon they are back to normal.

Soon he closed his link and I smirked at him. He looked at my expression and almost smiled. Almost. I smiled widely though.

I saw that the security is very tight near the woods that surrounded the field.

"I will come right back. Don't go anywhere without me", he said before going to talk with his Beta. I gave him a nod and he went away.

Everyone is dancing as the party started on the dance floor and some are totally drunk. Some even asked me to dance, but I said no and stood with my mother watching them as I brother danced too. He is a sucker at dancing. Bane is still talking to his Beta. I turned my head to a side and found the cute girl who hugged me is running towards the woods for the ball.

I went to her and found that she is going towards the unsecured part of the woods. I went to stop her.

"Hey sweetie. You stop here. I will go and bring it okay", I said and went into the woods to bring her the ball as she smiled at me. The ball went a little deeper into the woods and I walked more into the woods to take it.

I picked it up from the ground and stood up only to gasp in shock. My heart beat increased and I can hear it beating quickly. There in front of me, stood a brown wolf. It is big and there are many along with it. But what caught my attention was the eyes. The eyes that I always saw after the two attacks.

The dark blue eyes.

A/N:

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!

Hey my cute dumplings!

So sorry for the late update. Hope you guys like it. Also there will the another surprise for you in the next chapter. Thank you for all the comments Izabel12. Tell me what you think.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 658 26
***COMPLETED*** At 32 years old Alpha Alex is starting to lose hope of ever finding his mate. But just as he starts to believe the moon goddess has...
200K 5.1K 64
One Alpha, One Omega Quite the wrong mate yet it seems so right. There just no telling what can go down when an Alpha gets and Omega as a mate. Grac...
157K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
16.8K 234 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...