Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

62: Two days time

8.1K 371 17
By luv234_luv

Lyra-

"Hello?" Dads tired voice same through the receiver. Suddenly I felt very small and young.

"Daddy?" I whispered, nearly falling backwards. Nathan's arms wrapped around me and I leaned heavily against him.

".....Who is this?" He asked shakily.

"Daddy it's me, Lyra," I choked out.

I could hear his voice was thick with tears, "My daughter was pronounced dead three days ago.... Is this some sick joke? You even sound like her.."

"Dad I'm not dead alright? I promise it's me. The plane crashed in the storm. I survived. The back end of the plane rolled down the mountain side. You couldn't find it right? The mudslide buried it."

"Tell me something only Lyra would know..." He said quietly.

"Mom died of cancer. You wouldn't come out of your room for a long time until I got sick with strep. The first food you tried to fix me was chicken noodle soup but you let the noodles cook for too long. I threw up all over you. I used to sit on the roof with mom. I've died your hair. Your birthday is October fourteenth. You had an assistant who fell off a cliff and died. You freaked out when I first started my period," I listed off anything, desperately wanting him to believe me.

"Lyra, my little girl! I knew you were alive!!! No one would believe me!! Honey, where are you?! I'll come pick you up right now!" He said excitedly.

I nearly fainted in relief but Nathan held me tightly. I felt a few tears of happiness roll down my cheeks.

"Daddy I'm in Texas."

"How the hell did you get to Texas?"

"It's a long story. I'll give you the address okay?" I sniffled.

"Okay baby. Are you hurt? At all?" He asked like any dad would.

"No dad," I chuckled, "I'm perfectly fine. I just got here today."

We talked for a little bit before I told him the address and knew it would take about two days to get here.

"You promise me you'll stop at a hotel? It wouldn't do me much good if you feel asleep at the wheel," I asked sternly.

"I promise pumpkin. I'll be there in a few days okay? Be safe," He said happily.

"You too. I love you," I smiled.

"I love you too honey."

I'd been dying to hear his voice and those comforting words. I could hardly believe this was real life. Neither of us wanted to hang up, but we eventually had to.

I hung up, pretty much stunned. I turned in Nathan's arms and wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my face in his chest. He hugged me back tightly and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"He's coming to get me," I cried.

"I know. He'll get here soon," Nathan smiled and kissed my forehead.

--------------

Ally-

I dont understand. This is not my brother. He didn't blow us off and go to the bar. He actually sat down and talked to us. I barely paid attention to the football game on the TV. I was too busy eves dropping. I felt like such an ass to Lyra. She pulled my brother out of a burning plane and took care of him when she didn't even know who he was.

I called her a slut. That's all the girls I was used to seeing him with. But he treated Lyra differently. Then we started to talk and I felt like I could be her friend. Maggie agreed.

I watched them out of the corner of my eye. Lyra wanted him there as if she needed him. Apparently, Lyra's father picked up. She nearly fell over and would have if Nathan hadn't caught her. He let her lean against him while she talked, half crying, half laughing.

The conversation wasn't too long. She hung up and kinda stood there for a moment. I watched in amazement as she turned and hugged Nathan. He hugged her back and ran his hands up and down her back, but they never went south. She whispered something and he said something back, kissing her forehead.

I was so shocked. I've never seen Nathan act so tenderly with a woman. Like when he snapped at me in the kitchen. We fought all the time but that was stern anger that he had right then.

I've called his toys sluts before and he just let us cat fight it out until she left. But he jumped to Lyra's defense and threatened me. Said she's his best friend.

Oh my gosh, my brothers in love. I smiled and then full blown grinned. She obviously loves him back. How was it that he had to crash land to find the girl we'd all hoped he would find?

Lyra tilted her head up and kissed him briefly. On one hand, awwwwww! On the other, ewwwwww!!!

He kissed her back before pulling away and tucking a small strand of hair behind her ear. I missed Andy suddenly. He pulled on her hand and tugged her into the living room.

"David will be here in two days. Lyra and I can head to my house in a little bit. We should probably go to sleep," Nathan said tiredly, letting go of Lyra's hand.

Mother jumped up, "Aw hon that's a twenty minute drive. Y'all can stay here for the two days. We got space."

Nathan looked like he was about to protest until he saw the hopeful look on moms face. She wanted them to stay. She also hadn't seen her son in months and would probably like to have him around after hearing his wild story.

"What do you think Jay?" He looked at Lyra.

Jay? Isn't her name Lyra? Or is that a nickname?

"Anywhere that has a bed," She smiled exhaustedly and leaned against his shoulder.

Mom clapped her hands, "Perfect! Randy, go get their bags."

Dad grumbled but pulled himself out of his lazy boy chair. I got up and followed him to grab Lyra's bag. I could barely pick it up. I couldn't imagine how heavy Nathan's was, he had a pair or enormous antlers strapped to the back.

Dad just decided to drag it. I heaved the bag onto my shoulder and set back towards the living room. Mom was jabbering about something.

"Follow me," She grinned and started down the hall.

"Nathan you know where your room is. Lyra hon, Ally will show you how to the guest bedroom."

"Oh...okay." Lyra glanced at my brother and then smiled a little. I smiled at her and led her the opposite direction of Nathan's old room.

This one use to be mine but mom modified it. I opened the door and set her bag down heavily before straightening up, "Well, this alright?"

"It beats a cave," Lyra smiled and sat on the bed.

I just nodded, unsure how to respond to that. She dragged her bag over to her feet and started shuffling around in it.

I almost started towards the door before I saw her pull out one of Nathan's shirts.

"So um..." I started. She looked up from her bag.

"You and my...brother. Are you guys.." I stumbled, wondering how I asked this.

"Is it that obvious?" Lyra smiled a little.

I chuckled and nodded, sitting beside her on my old bed, "He's head over heels for you."

"I guess," She said, her cheeks turning pink, "If you think so."

"What do you mean if I think so? He fought and killed a bear for you. My brother didn't even use to care about us," I chuckled.

"He told me he used to be like that. He regrets it, you know."

"I knew he would. Maybe we should keep you around, he seems to act better with you here," I laid back.

"I'd love to stay but I've got to go home at least for a little bit, "She laughed.

"How's that going to go over with Nathan? He was never one to let go of what he wanted to keep," I mumbled, remembering when we were kids. I was never allowed to touch his stuff.

"I don't even know. I don't think he's going to like it," Lyra sighed.

"So have you two...." I trailed off, hoping she caught my drift.

I turned to see her get really red.

"Yeah, at his cabin..."

"I don't need details!" I laughed, "But that's it, you sealed the deal there. I don't think he's going to let you leave."

"I'm not sure. I don't know if I want to leave him," Lyra chuckled.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow, "He's a selfish asshole."

"Not with me he's not. I'd beat his ass. No, everything he did was usually for me. Freaked the hell out after we saw that mountain lion and he never let me go anywhere alone," She shook her head and I wondered who was in my brothers room and what they had done with Nathan.

"Plus, he's got his benefits," Lyra smirked slyly.

I made a face, "Ew!!! No, no, no, no!! That's my brother!"

She laughed and rolled on the bed. After we sobered up, she rolled onto her stomach.

"Nathan told me you're an awesome veterinarian. He talked a lot about you guys during winter."

"I'm not that good. He was probably bored as hell," I chuckled.

Lyra giggled, "Well we were really bored but he does love you guys. I think he was just frustrated with your dad so much that he never wanted to be around."

"He told you about that?" I asked, eyebrows up in shock.

Lyra nodded, "It hard to hide something from someone your living with."

"He called you his best friend," I smiled.

"Yeah. We're pretty much best friends," Lyra shrugged.

"More than that hon. I'm pretty sure of it," I grinned at her. He wouldn't act like that if she was just his best friend.

"Well, he introduced me to the car dealer as his girlfriend. But I think that's just so the young guy at the counter would leave me alone. He gets jealous easily," She chuckled, looking at her nails before turning to me.

"Oh girl, all the men around here are. They don't like to share their trucks, tractors or women. Jake is the same way with Maggie. Dad is like that with mom. Tyler is like that with Kim, it just never ends. Don't men in California act like that?" I asked, sitting up to lean against the wall and pull my knees to my chest.

I felt like a teenager again, babbling in my room with a girl friend.

"I don't really know. Guys in school were jerks who wanted to jump in your pants. Then dad took me out of school and I forgot about friends and stuff. I had a pretty bad experience with a guy and it didn't make me feel too safe. Nathan didn't bother me though."

"He makes you feel safe?" I asked. I didn't pry into the bad experience.

"Of course. There's no where else I'd rather be than with him," She grinned, turning a little pink. I smiled at her, thinking how strange it was to hear this about my brother.

Crazy girls usually called him so many times that I'd pick up to tell them to fuck off. They'd complain about how he just left them, how much of a dick he is, when can he call them back, rah rah rah. This was new and refreshing

"Do you have a special guy?"She asked casually.

"Yeah, Andy. He works on an oil rig and isn't around much," I shrugged looking down at my fingers, "Why?"

Lyra bit her lip as if she didn't want to say anything, "Oh well...I dunno. While we were at the table, Bow wouldn't stop looking at you. I just wondered if something was going on between you two."

"He's just like Nathan used to be. A player and a cheat. He doesn't give a damn about me, he was probably staring at my boobs," I chuckled.

Lyra shook her head but laughed. It felt good talk to another girl that I got along with that was also getting along with my brother.

------------

O.M.Geeeeee!!! I've been dying to write this one! I hope you guys enjoyed.

Vote, comment, share!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 12.9K 56
After a brutal battle forever changes the swamp, Croc and Willow set out to fight the war. Season 2 of Toxic Nature ...
596K 17.5K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
2.3M 17.5K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
2.8K 69 14
For years, Lyra Rogers had been known as a lost cause, and a dangerous one at that. She had the complete starter pack of a troubled young adult: drop...