We Really Shouldn't (student...

By _LivingADream_

"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place... More

Chapter 1:Detention
Chapter 2:Meeting Him
Chapter 3:His Name Is Isaiah
Chapter 4:Really.
Chapter 5:Those eyes
Chapter 6: Weekend, Sleepover...Hot Guy ?
Chapter 7: Scary movies, Sex talk, & Pillow fights, cause thats what girls do.
Chapter 8: This isn't really sneaking out. Right?
Chapter 9: Welcome home, to a house you pay the bills for?
NOT A CHAPTER but read anyway
Chapter 10: Oh God, Carter !
Chapter 11:So Over High School
Chapter 12: We could have a party...
Chapter 13: Talk about awkward..
Chapter 14: Really, it's fine
Chapter 15: It's really not what it looks like
Chapter 17: Too Late Now
Chapter 18: Tell Me The Truth
Chapter 19: Stop acting weird
Chapter 20: Maybe Tomorrow
Chapter 21: I Should Feel Bad
Chapter 22: What Really Happened
Chapter 23: He Did What?
Chapter 24: Confused
Chapter 25: Seriously, We probably shouldn't
Chapter 26: Starting Over
Chapter 27:Things Just Happened
Chapter 28:What's Best For Both Of Us
Chapter 29:I Hope You Understand
Chapter 30:Hi, My Name Is

Chapter 16: Considering myself single

11.4K 286 5
By _LivingADream_

A/N: Okay, so quick side note. It's been a few changes, starting with a cast. You might not be able to see it on the side bc something is up w. wattpad or maybe it’s just me. If you wanna see them you can go to like the first chapter or second. All the names should be there. But if you're lazy like me and/or on a phone where you can't see the cast..... here you go.

Mark Ricketson as Isaiah. Emilie Nereng as Stacie. Ben Bowers as Carter. Stephen Lunsford as Colton. Last, Christian Serratos as Lizy.

That's pretty much it for this A/N, so uh yeah...here's the chapter..

I couldn't believe him. I finally understood why he didn't get all worked up over me kissing Carter; he was seeing other people anyway. Well at least that's what I assumed from the little bit of the conversation I did hear.  I didn't want to hear his explanation, so I stormed off.

I was now talking to the judges, discussing with them what to do since we had a tie and it had never happened in this art show before, therefore, it was only one prize. Colton kept trying to give the prize to me even though neither of us really knows what the prize is yet. All I was thinking about was Isaiah. I hadn't seen him since I stormed off although he was supposed to be up here with the judges, Colton, and I, he wasn't.

"Look, just give the prize to her, it’s cool. I'll just tell everyone I won first place but gave the prize to the other person who won first place." He flashed the judges and I a grin, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"But I don't think that's fair." I protested. "We both won, so either we both get something or neither of us get anything." I finished, crossing my arms over my chest.

The same British judge that came to inform me that I won took a deep breath and just stared at Colton and me, not saying anything. The other judges, a young female and an older guy went back and forth just like me and Colton were.

The arguing had been going on for a while so everyone else who took part in the Art Show started to slowly leave. Some collecting their art, others left theirs, not caring enough to go through the trouble of moving it and/or taking it down from the wall.

It was then I remember I rode to the Art Show with Isaiah. I cursed under my breath, fanatically looking around for my phone or any sign of Liz.

"Are you okay?" Colton asked, eyebrow rose with a slight smirk plastered on his face.

I blew my fallen bangs out of my face, making eye contact with him. "I'm fine. I just need to find my best friend or at least my phone." I said peeking over his shoulder to examine the rest of the gallery.

"Must be important." He laughed, "You look stressed."

"Unless you're gonna help me find my friend or my phone, shut up." I snapped.

Throwing his hands up in the air but still smirking just a tad. I growled and stormed off. I heard the judges calling after me but I threw my hand up in response, shouting for them to just give him the prize, whatever it was.

My day had quickly turned into the most annoying day of my life. Well maybe not my life but week at least. I yanked my hair out of its bun, shaking it a little so it would fall carelessly around my shoulders.

I cursed under my breath again when I realized Lizy was long gone and so was anyone else I knew. However I found my phone, dead. Great, I thought, shoving my hand through my hair for a least the hundredth time.

"Do you need a ride home?" A voice from behind me spoke quietly.

"I don't know you Colton, so thanks but no thanks." Shaking my head to deny his offer.

"I'm not some crazy sexy serial killer Stacie." He joked.

A sly smile sat upon his face when I lifted my head up to meet his gaze. His smile causing me to also smile, just slightly.

"Never said you were a serial killer," I laughed. "I just said I didn't know you."

"Well if I'm not a serial killer, what other reason do you have for not letting me at least take you home?" His head tipped to the side as he looked at me.

"You could be a rapist." My voice steady although I was only joking.

You could tell by his sudden facial expression he didn't know I wasn't serious. His left foot shifting to position in front of his right, creating an awkward stance.

"Colton, I'm only joking, don't look so guilty." I said laughing.

"Good one." He bit out while smiling a tad. "So do you need a ride or no?" He asked once again.

I glanced over his appearance one last time, getting up from my seated position on the floor and giving him a nod. "I'll let you take me home, but don't try to come in." I winked, walking ahead of him to the front entrance.

When we reached outside the somewhat cold air hit my face, chilling my body almost instantly.  Colton began to walk in front of me, leading the way to his car.

We reached a bright blue BMW, clicking a button to unlock the doors as he went over to the driver’s side. Myself climbing in cautiously on the passenger side.

"You do drive safely right?" I asked while clipping on my seat belt. He only laughed in reply then sped out the tiny parking lot.

"I'll take that as a no." I whispered, gripping onto the seat a little, directing my gaze out the window for most of the ride. We sat in a comfortable silence after I gave him directions to my home.

The gallery was kind of a long way away from my home so we would be in this car together for at least forty-five minutes.

"So which painting was yours?" I broke the silence between the two of us.

"I don't paint." He chuckled.

"So what did you do?"

"The sculpture that was right by the front entrance was mine. The big one of the little boy with wings."

"You're joking." I said shaking my head, looking at him.

He looked amused by my surprise. "No, I'm really serious." He turned the corner, entering my neighborhood.

"It was really amazing." I said when he pulled into my driveway and turned off his car.

His eyes were set on my front door, grinning somewhat. "So you're the one who just threw that party." He said quietly, not really asking, more like he was talking to himself.

I planted my hand over my face, "Yeah, what do you know about that?"

"My uncle threw a big fit about the loud music. Went on a long rant all night and I had to listen to it." He laughed faintly.

"Mr. Turner?" I questioned.

He nodded his head as an answer. "I just moved in with him for the rest of the school year."

"I've never seen you before."

"Likewise, not like I'm sitting outside." He looked over at me, smiling.

"So, I'll see you at school?" I inquired, leaning more towards the car door.

"Maybe, I haven't exactly picked a school yet."

"How did you enter the art show if you aren't enrolled in a school?" I scratched my head in confusion.

"I was already signed up when I moved here since my mom only stays in the next town over, I was still allowed to be a part of it even though I'm not enrolled in my last school anymore." He explained while I gave him a puzzled look. "Make sense?"

I nodded in reply, unlocking his car door to get out. "It does, thanks for the ride home." I said softly.

"Hey Stacie." He raised his voice a little to get my attention before I closed his door.

"Yeah?" I leaned over, peeking my head back inside the car slightly.

"Who's your boyfriend?"

Suddenly the thought of Isaiah came rushing back and my throat seemed to close up. I stared at Colton for a few seconds, not trusting myself to talk right away.

"I'm single sweetheart." I smiled, closing the door and not looking back.

~~~~~~~

"It’s not that hard Carter, all you have to do is shake it. Stop being slow." I shouted from my bathroom.

"Why didn't you call Lizy to help you with this Stac, you know, because she's a girl?" He shouted back.

"Trust me, I did. She was busy so you were my next choice." I whispered to myself. "Just shake and stop whining" I shouted to him.

Carter was in my bedroom mixing dye. Well at least trying to mix dye but by the sounds of it he was having a hard time.

"Why do you need this much dye anyway? You've already used one bottle, how much more does it take?" He wasn't shouting, but speaking loud enough for me to hear him.

"My tips were pink Carter, it's gonna take more than one bottle to get it back blonde." I laughed, walking into my room to get the new bottle from him.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek, skipping back into the bathroom to apply the dye.

"I'm going downstairs to get stuff from the kitchen while you do this girl stuff, if you need me, that’s where I’ll be" He shouted, the door closing shortly after.

Thirty minutes went by. A very boring thirty minutes if I must say so myself. Carter never came back up to my room so I just assumed he was downstairs watching television or something.

I pranced my way downstairs, a towel wrapped snugly around my hair. I went into the kitchen to find Carter sitting at the bar with Liz and they were laughing about something.

"Well what a pleasant surprise." I said while walking over to the bar to grab fruit out of the bowl.

"Well hey to you too." Liz smiled at me snatching away my peach before I could bite it. Biting the peach herself then handing it back.

"I thought you were busy." I said after taking a bite of the peach and sitting down on an empty stool in-between the two of them.

Lizy ripped off my towel and shrugged before saying any words to me. "I finished what I had to do early so I came by. Welcome back Blondie." She laughed, snatching my peach once again.

-Okay, excuse any mistakes, I'm not exactly in a wonderful mood so I didn't proofread..not like I ever do it anyway. Umm yeah, just a filler for the most part. Pretty boring. TIl next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3.6K 15
His rough hands pushed me firmly against the wall. He placed his hands on either sides of my head, I was cornered with nowhere to go. He pressed his...
707 13 17
*COMPLETED* "you know, you kind of have a bad reputation around here." I stated with my arms crossed. He wore a sexy smirk and took a step forward, a...
864K 14.7K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
67.2K 1.5K 15
warning | The following story contains vulgar language and sexual scenes that might be offensive to some readers. So don't go complaining in the comm...