Take a Chance

De ParkBacon

[This is... cringe] Chanyeol is the captain of the basketball team at Pyojun High School. Baekhyun is the new... Mais

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 2

25.7K 1.7K 3K
De ParkBacon

For the rest of the week, Baekhyun played basketball, made new friends and of course, developed a crush.

It wasn't exactly a 'crush' it was more like... Someone Baekhyun admired.

Her name was Han Na, she was nice, she had good grades and she was pretty also.

It's been more than two weeks since he's joined this school, and currently it was Friday. He didn't have basketball today, sadly. He made his way to the front of the school but while he was passing by the gym, he heard the familiar noise of an orange ball bouncing on the court.

He opened the door and popped his head inside, seeing the familiar figure of the captain.

He fully slipped inside of the gym, letting the door close behind him with a click. He placed his bag down on the bleachers and made his way over to Chanyeol.

"Why are you here, Chanyeollie?" Baekhyun asked, poking the giant on his back.

'Chanyeollie' flinched and turned around, glaring at Baekhyun.

"I already told you not to call me that," he stated.

That's right, Chanyeol has. Baekhyun came up with the dumb name yesterday when they were playing basketball, and it amused Baekhyun even more when the captain said he hated it.

"You didn't answer my question." Baekhyun stated back, crossing his arms across his chest.

"I'm practicing, is that such a crime?" Chanyeol asked, raising an eyebrow at Baekhyun.

"Yeah but you're all alone."

"And you care why?"

"Can I join you?" Baekhyun asked, holding his hands open as if to tell Chanyeol to give him the ball.

"In those clothes?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun was currently wearing a big grey hoodie and dark jeans.

"Sure, I can work with these," Baekhyun said and wiggled his fingers, getting impatient.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and passed the ball to Baekhyun who hugged it like it was his baby.

"You want to one on one?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol opened his mouth to say yes before he stopped himself.

"Actually... I wanted to teach you something," he mentioned, walking up to Baekhyun and grabbing the ball from his hands.

"What did you want to teach me?" He asked curiously, doing his trademark thing: tilting his head to the side.

"I wanted to teach you how to shoot," Chanyeol put a hand on Baekhyun's back and pushed him so that he was standing on the freethrow line. "I've noticed that you never shoot from far... But then yesterday I saw you try doing it when you stayed back longer than everyone else."

"Oh... You saw that?" Baekhyun asked sheepishly, blushing a pretty pink. Chanyeol nodded and put the ball back into Baekhyun's hands.

"You sucked."

"Wow that really helps me improve."

"Well, it should, because when I'm done with you, no one would be able to say those words anymore."

Baekhyun smiled to himself and Chanyeol began his lesson with showing Baekhyun a simple way of throwing it.

"... And then you push it with your right hand... Not like that," Chanyeol walked over to Baekhyun and Baekhyun's head followed Chanyeol's movement until his face was inches from Chanyeol's neck.

Chanyeol was standing behind Baekhyun, his arms on the smaller's arms.

"You bend your arm like this..." He trailed off and Baekhyun turned back to the front. He tried his best to follow what Chanyeol was saying but with his hot breath on Baekhyun's ear, it was proving to be hard.

The first time Baekhyun tried throwing like how Chanyeol taught him to, it was an airball.

Once again, Chanyeol's hand was on Baekhyun's back, pushing him forwards.

"Since you have noodle arms, you can't throw this far... This will have to do," Chanyeol stopped him with two hands on his shoulders.

Is this how people usually teach others to shoot? Because he's very close.

Baekhyun was now standing closer to the net and Chanyeol passed him the ball after retrieving it. Baekhyun tried shooting again and when it went in without a cinch, the smaller jumped up and cheered.

Chanyeol just stood there and watched Baekhyun with analyzing eyes, trying to figure out how to help him even further.

"Okay," Chanyeol clapped. "I know what to do."

For about another hour, Baekhyun and Chanyeol practiced shooting in different ways and eventually they played a game against each other.

By the end of it, Baekhyun had taken off his huge sweater due to the heat and Chanyeol had just taken his shirt off, even with Baekhyun's protesting.

Now, they were lying on the ground of the gym a few meters away, looking at the same yellow lights.

"Hey, do you hate me?" Baekhyun asked, wanting to know Chanyeol's opinion.

Chanyeol snorted and Baekhyun grinned to himself. "What makes you say that?"

"I mean... We just... Don't click. I find you staring at me sometimes and I wonder if you hate me..." Baekhyun trailed off. "Because... Because I'm Winnie the Pooh, and you're Shrek."

It took a second before Chanyeol bursted out laughing and Baekhyun turned his head, looking over at Chanyeol who was laughing so hard that tears almost escaped his eyes.

Baekhyun committed the sound to memory, knowing full well that the captain didn't laugh a lot in front of him. Baekhyun smiled and waited for Chanyeol to stop his laughing. He also noticed that Chanyeol's eye twitches when he laughs and that a lot of his perfect teeth show when he smiles.

When Chanyeol finally calmed down and wiped his tears, Baekhyun rolled closer to Chanyeol.

"Do you understand what I mean?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol shook his head awkwardly because of the position they were in.

"It would make more sense if you were Donkey," Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun pouted.

"But I'm Winnie the Pooh."

"Yeah, but are you a fat bear who likes honey?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun laughed, his eyes turning into those perfect crescents that Chanyeol saw the first day he met him.

"Are you a big green ogre?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol pursed his lips, pretending to think about it.

"No..."

"Exactly, I'm talking about personalities you idiot." Baekhyun poked Chanyeol's chest and suddenly remembered that the captain was half naked and was less than a meter away.

Baekhyun rolled back way farther than earlier and pointed at Chanyeol.

"I'm a cute, kind hearted person while you are a big scary person who's actually kind of nice," Baekhyun stated and Chanyeol laid on his side, propping his elbow up and resting his head in his hand.

"Who said I was nice?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun tapped his finger on his chin.

"Oh right... You're not."

"Yah!" Chanyeol exclaimed and stood up, causing Baekhyun to do so also.

Chanyeol started running towards him and Baekhyun put his hands out in front of him in surrender.

"Okay okay! You're nice!"

But Chanyeol took none of it as he kept running towards Baekhyun.

Chanyeol grabbed the smaller by his waist and picked him up easily, spinning him around in circles.

"Yah, Park Chanyeol let me down!" Baekhyun yelled but continued laughing. "You're sweaty and you're not even my friend!" Baekhyun exclaimed and Chanyeol stopped abruptly, causing Baekhyun to almost slip out of his grasp. Baekhyun was placed back onto his feet and he brushed his shirt and arms. "Jeez you're so gross Chanyeollie."

"We should go now," Chanyeol stated as he looked at the clock on the wall.

"Yeah..." Baekhyun felt that something had shifted the mood but he didn't know what.

While Baekhyun was getting his stuff, Chanyeol was changing in the change rooms.

He's right, he's not even my friend... I'm supposed to hate him so what am I doing? Chanyeol asked himself, tugging on his shirt.

He left the change rooms and something hit into him.

He looked down and saw Baekhyun in his overly big sweater, long sleeves and all.

"Um.... Thank you," Baekhyun said sincerely, looking Chanyeol in the eyes. "You could have just left me and my terrible throws, but you decided to help me and..." Baekhyun scratched his neck nervously and Chanyeol looked ahead like this didn't effect him but it did. "You're pretty nice."

They just stood there for a bit, not knowing what to say at all.

Chanyeol flicked Baekhyun's forehead and the smaller let out a whine, holding a hand up to the spot Chanyeol had hit.

"You're so dumb," Chanyeol stated and lightly pushed Baekhyun to the side, walking out of the exit of the gym.

"Hey wait! Why?!" Baekhyun asked, chasing after the man with long legs. When Baekhyun caught up, he had to walk twice as fast as he usually did. "Do you hate me? You never actually answered," Baekhyun brought up the previous topic, causing Chanyeol to stop in his tracks and Baekhyun to take a few too many.

"Yes. I do hate you," Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun bit back a smile.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Park."

"If you already had an answer why did you ask?" Chanyeol asked incredulously.

"Because I wanted to see if you'd lie- hey wait!"

Chanyeol had taken off, running with those long legs of his. He climbed onto the bus that just came and the doors closed, driving away before Baekhyun even had a chance to get close to it.

Chanyeol looked out the window victoriously, only to see Baekhyun laughing, bent over slightly as his hands were placed on his knees.

His own smile slipped onto his face as he watched the small figure slowly turn into a dot as the bus drove farther away.

------------

[A/N]

Heh this chapter was kinda cute... Okay yeah it was cute.

Ugh cuteness overload... Baekhyun in large sweaters got me like
(O\\\\O) (≧∇≦)

Chanyeollie is so precious ugh I love him •3•

Sorry for any typos, leave a comment, I love your feedback! ❤️

I'll C you later!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

6.9K 279 4
Denying Chanyeol the thing he wants most is hard. Baekhyun's seen it in the way he looks at him -- in the dorm, on stage, even in front of the camera...
141K 6.6K 23
- COMPLETED - 30 june 2019 Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been best friends since the 6th grade. But Baekhyun started developing feelings for Chanyeol, b...
24K 1.2K 13
-COMPLETED- 15 april 2020 Byun Baekhyun works as a waiter at his friend's restaurant with his two best friends Kyungsoo and Jongdae, he's unhappi...
145K 7.9K 24
Baekhyun has a special gift and because of that gift his family left him, most of his friends left him and hardly anyone talks to him. People would a...