The Outcast

Par GisellePappagallo

"You know Ana, life is like a camera. You have to focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop... Plus

Summary
Chapter 1: To Go Or Not To Go?
Chapter 2: The Dragonfly
Chapter 3: A Mall And A Germ Freak Don't mix
Chapter 4: From Canada To Florida
Chapter 5 Part II: About A Girl
Chapter 6: Sometimes It's Better To Be Oblivious
Chapter 7: Sunday Morning
Chapter 8: Eight Shattering Words
Chapter 9: Angry At The World Around Me
Chapter 10: The Visitor
Chapter 11: Tree House Haven
Chapter 12: AWKWARD
Chapter 13: Enemy Infiltration
Chapter 14: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 15: Welcome Back To School
Chapter 16: Jealousy
Chapter 17: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 18: Let's Talk
Chapter 19: Confrontations
Chapter 20: Revelations
Chapter 21: Fish Out of Water
Chapter 22: The Storm Hits
Chapter 23: Dirty Mouths and First Dates
Chapter 24: The Social Ladder
Chapter 25: Wrath of the Tara
Chapter 26: Surprise!
Chapter 27: Nirvana to the Rescue
Chapter 28: Wishing for a Time Machine
Chapter 29: R u mine?
Chapter 30: Priorities
Chapter 31: Hope
Chapter 32: Baby I'm Yours (Final Chapter)
Epilogue

Chapter 5 Part I: Come As You Are

994 32 8
Par GisellePappagallo

Chapter Five: part I

Nirvana Evans

I starred at the calendar that hung on my wall wishing that the date would magically change. But starring would get me nowhere, what I really needed was a time machine. Unfortunately we still lived in the 21st century and those weren't available to us yet. The dreaded day had finally arrived. It was Saturday and in just a few hours I would have to start getting ready for the party.

I had everything I needed; new clothes, permission, a ride, money and even a new bathing suit mom had gotten me that I most likely wouldn't wear. But I had it nonetheless.

I had practically everything. The only thing I was lacking was courage.

Courage to face my classmates. I wasn't part of the 'in crowd' and I didn't attend to parties or school dances. I was known as the school germ freak and Tara would mostly likely be there to gladly remind me of that fact. Tonight I was going out of my comfort zone. I was taking a risk. And I couldn't back out now because a) Hazel was on her way to my house, b)I had already promised Will I would go and c) mom threatened to cut off my allowance for the whole year if I didn't go. Did I mention she tends to be exaggerated? Well she is, so I basically had no choice but to show up.

************************************

An hour later...

"Ow!" I complained for the seventeenth time as Hazel plucked my eyebrows out. It was the first time I had ever done this and let me warn you it's not a pleasant experience. Apparently they resembled a werewolf's back since I had never bothered to trim them, Hazel's words not mine.

"Just be still geez. We're almost done!" she said exasperatedly.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one enduring the pain. And you told me that like ten minutes ago" I huffed. She didn't say anything and just kept plucking away.

I was currently wearing too-short to be called jean shorts that had rips in them to top it off. As if I wasn't showing enough of my legs already, a black too tight sleeveless top and some cute sandals. And the only thing I approved of were the sandals. Hazel had also straightened my hair which made it look longer and darker.

"Ok we are done" she informed me.

"Thank God" I sighed in relief. I don't think my eyebrows could withstand another minute of that torture.

"Now it's time for the make-up!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Whoa hold up there. I never agreed to make-up. There is no way in bloody hell that's happening" this was about the only thing I was absolutely sure of. I had my limits too.

"Oh come on! Just a little bit. You don't need much since you have like perfect skin you lucky whore" she said but I wasn't sure if I should take it as a compliment or not.

"I don't want to smother my face with make-up Haze" I whined.

"Come on I disinfected my brush and everything. I even bought you your own eyeliner cause I knew you wouldn't want to share mine" she pouted at me waving the black stick in front of my face.

"I appreciate your efforts but I'm not wearing it. I'm sorry." And as soon as I uttered those words she hit me with her super sweet puppy dog face that broke my heart every time. It reminded me of puss in boots from the Shrek movie.

"Ugh fine. But just the eyeliner" I gave in but she still wasn't satisfied.

"Just the eyeliner?!" she scoffed but compromised. She instructed me to look up and be still as she applied the black liquid.

"Oh my gosh! Honey you look sexy! I didn't know you had so much potential!" my mom bursts into my room completely embarrassing me but since its just Hazel witnessing it, I'm ok.

"Mom" I groan in frustration.

"She's right Ana you look smokin' And the shorts show off your legs nicely" Hazel agreed.

"I got them for her. Forever 21 had a great sale" mom tells her.

"Really? Thanks for the tip I'm definitely going there" they were chatting like they were old friends.

"Guys stop it" I rolled my eyes at them. Mom left my room and I closed the door behind her.

"Oh Ana I forgot to tell you I met this guy at the café. He's new in town and he's going to be a senior with us so I invited him to the bonfire" Hazel said as a second thought.

"That's great! Do you like him? Is he nice?" I asked excitedly. Maybe this could be her chance to move on from her obsession with Will.

"I don't know but he's definitely H-O-T" she exclaimed as if that was the most important detail.

It was exactly 9:00 pm when we heard a car horn blare outside.

"That must be Will" I said and Hazel and I rushed downstairs before mom could make it but unfortunately she was already opening the door greeting Will.

"Will! Haven't seen you in so long. Where have you been this summer? Working out it seems from the looks of it" mom questioned excitedly.

"Oh I try my best. Is Nirvana around misses C?" Will asked her looking behind her to find me standing there.

"Whoa you look...different" Will observed seeming a little speechless. "Did you do something to your hair?" he asked arching an eyebrow.

"Yes" and my clothes and eyebrows and I was wearing eyeliner but guys were pretty clueless when it came to these sort of things so I was amazed that he had noticed this much.

"Wait! One picture before you go. For Facebook" mom said rushing to get her phone.

"Your mom's funny" Will chuckled.

"That's a nice way of putting it" I said back. Mom came back with her phone, we huddled in together and she snapped the picture. Having my friends beside me I realized that for the first time since I had found out about this party I wasn't feeling too bad anymore.

The beach wasn't far from the house and with Will's insane driving we arrived in no time. I could hear the music blasting from the speakers as we searched for a spot to park in. As soon as we stepped foot onto the beach the smell of burning wood hit me like a slap in the face. The bonfire was burning proudly in the center of the beach, the beach was packed and the speakers were playing 'M83' by Midnight City. People were dancing around, sitting on the logs by the fire and some were even crazy enough to be inside the water at this hour. In conclusion, everyone seemed to be having the time of their life.

"This is a cool song" I turned to say to Hazel to find that she was already halfway across the beach. Great. We hadn't even been here five minutes and she had already abandoned me.

"Hey Will-"I started to say when I heard Will's popular jock friends call him over.

"Yo Foster! Get your ass over here man!" the guy shouted. Will hollered something back that caused them to laugh and then turned back to me. I will never understand why guys use last names to address each other.

"I gotta go but I'll be back to check on you in a bit. Have fun and socialize Nirvana. And change that expression on your face it's a party not a funeral" Will muttered in my ear over the loud music then headed toward his friends. Just awesome. I had just stepped foot on the beach and I was already alone. I was pathetic. I mean I hadn't expected Will to hang around me all night since I knew he was class president and everyone liked him but I had expected better from Hazel.

I decided to take Will's advice and try and socialize. I tended to be socially awkward, especially in big crowds but I was already here so what the hell.

I walked over toward the fold up table someone had set up with chips and coolers on either side where people were grabbing beers like crazy. I swear it seemed like the more they grabbed, the more there were. Maybe it was a magic cooler like Mary Poppin's bag, I thought to myself.

Focus on making friends Ana, I told myself as I spotted a dark haired girl that seemed to be alone grabbing a beer out of the endless cooler.

"Hi" I yelled at her over the music. She turned back, looked me up and down and took two beers out.

"Want one?" she offered handing me a can.

"I'll pass" I said shaking my head.

"More for me" she shrugged and cracked the can open.

"Cool party huh?" could I get any lamer? Ugh.

"Hey aren't you that germ freak?" she asked all of a sudden. Great even a half drunk girl could recognize me at night.

"And if I am?" I asked back.

"Nothing. Looking pretty good G'freak" she said nodding her head at me then she turned to a bunch of guys and yelled "Let's get this party going!" and walked off. Alone again. I seemed to be pretty good at that, being alone.

Since the weather was great I decided not to waste it and take a walk by the water. If I couldn't socialize I might as well do something productive rather than just sitting on a lonely log. I took my sandals off and started walking beside the ocean. The sound of the waves crashing on the shore was incredibly relaxing. About ten minutes into my walk I noticed the music was starting to sound further away with each step I took. I looked back and thought to myself that I should go back to the party since it was kind of late and this part of the beach was pretty lonely. Just when I turned around to head back I heard a shout coming from the direction I had been walking in.

"Hey! Wait up" I heard a masculine shout. My heart started beating frantically as I imagined all the creepy possibilities of who the guy could be. I decided to just keep walking faster but the curious side of me won and I turned back when I heard footsteps following. Just as I had suspected a guy was walking-no running in my direction as if he was trying to catch up to me. I started running too but even though I had long legs I was never very athletic and tired quickly. Before I could react I felt the guys hand on my shoulder and freaked out.

"Back off! I have pepper spray and I'm not afraid to use it" I tried to sound confident but the tremble in my voice suggested otherwise.

"Hey calm down I just wanted to know if the party was this way" he said taking his arm off my shoulder. Phew.

"It is" I told him and kept walking but he kept pace with me easily.

"Why aren't you over there?" he asked and I turned to look at him. It was kind of hard to see details at night but the full moon was out shinning in all her glory and provided me with the necessary light. He had midnight black hair, a strong face and silver looking eyes. Even in this lighting I could tell he was handsome.

"Parties aren't really my thing what about you?" I shrugged.

"Well I came because a girl invited me but I'm new here and I got a bit lost getting here. Apparently this beach is pretty huge" he told me and in that moment something clicked. Could he be the guy Hazel invited?

"That girl's name wouldn't happen to be Hazel would it?" I asked.

"Actually it is. How'd you know? Does she have a reputation of inviting new guys to parties?" he asked making me chuckle.

"Nah she's my best friend so she mentioned something to me and we don't really get that many new people around here so I put two and two together" I explained. For some reason I was feeling really relaxed with this stranger. Not at all shy or socially awkward. Weird.

"Aren't you a little Sherlock" he mocked making me laugh once again. I didn't understand why this guy made me feel so at ease but it felt good. The music started getting louder as we got closer to the party and I wondered if this stranger would abandon me too once we reached our destination. Oh well what did I care? It's not like I knew him anyway.

"So what's your name?" he asked glancing over at me.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you" I muttered.

"Try me" he said.

"Nirvana" I told him.

"No way! Like the band?" he asked and now it was my turn to mock him.

"No kidding Sherlock" I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed. He had a really musical laugh. It was kind of intoxicating and catchy, it made you want to laugh as well.

"I just didn't expect that. You know they're one of my favorite bands" he told me. We had now officially reached the party.

"Not you too" I muttered and when he gave me a questioning gaze I said "But everyone calls me Ana. I prefer that."

"I think Nirvana's cooler but whatever makes you happy" he looked around the party taking in the scene. By now people were pretty drunk and the party was getting wild.

"What about you? You never mentioned your name" I noted.

"You mean your friend didn't mention it? I'm offended" he mocked laying a hand on his heart.

"Come on I told you mine" I said as a girl ran by us with half her bikini top slipping off.

"It's River. River Quinn" he said shacking my hand as if it was an official business matter which caused me to giggle. Since when did I giggle?

"River hey!" shouted a tipsy looking Hazel as she came running towards us.

"Hazel what's up?" he greeted her.

"This is River the guy I told you about" hazel shouted at me louder than necessary.

"I know" I shouted back.

"Let's get some beer!" she exclaimed and pulled him in the direction of the alcohol. I didn't want any beer so I decided to take a seat on some rocks where the noise was less intense. I stared at the waves crashing against the shore leaving behind white foam that disappeared in a matter of seconds. I was engulfed in my thought as I stared at the waves that I didn't know how much time passed.

"You don't look like you're enjoying yourself" I heard someone say and turned to find River taking a seat on the rocks beside me.

"That's because I'm not. I don't know why I agreed to come tonight" I told him honestly.

"Hey at least you know most of the people here" he offered.

"Yes and most of them either hate me, think I'm a freak or both. So if you're trying to become popular you shouldn't hang with me cause it could seriously ruin your reputation" I warned him. He might as well know now.

"Well it's a good thing that's not what I'm after then" he said back sounding sincere.

"I would think a guy like you-" I started to say when I saw Will heading towards this way and by his walk I could tell he was completely intoxicated. Great now who was going to drive me home. He stumbled over to me and ungracefully plopped himself down on the rock next to me.

"Will are you ok?" I asked worriedly.

"Maaybee" he slurred and his breath confirmed my earlier suspicions, he reeked of alcohol.

"How much did you drink?" I asked him.

"I dunno I lost track after...seven?" he muttered confused.

"Well clearly you can't drive home so I don't know how were gonna get home but we better start leaving" I muttered.

"No" he said simply.

"Will you're completely drunk!" I tried to reason.

"You know you're really pretty Ana Banana. Will you marry me?" he asked suddenly out of the blue.

"Will what are you-" but before I could finish the sentence, his lips crashed into mine in a sloppy drunken kiss.

"Bitch!" I heard someone scream ad as soon as I managed to break away from Will, all hell broke loose.

AN: And the drama has begun....Who do you think screamed? Comment with your guess and while you're at it go ahead and vote too if you want to. 

P.S: If you havent already heard M83 by Midnight City you should really check it out its a cool song

P.S.S: Yes, the chapter was named after the Nirvana song.

P.S.S.S Check out the picture of Hazel on the side ------------------->>>>>>

Until the next update!

Ciao lovelies :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...
32.2K 739 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
BLUE VENOM Par Lia

Fantastique

578 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...
4K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...