Dark Shadows // Teen Wolf

By ashlayahh

[BOOK 3] Sammy's back in Beacon Hills. Her summer trip has brought not only peace to her mind but more love... More

•01•
•02•
•03•
•04•
•05•
•06•
•07•
•08•
•09•
•10•
•11•
•12•
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•22•
•23•
•24•
Book 4

•21•

423 6 1
By ashlayahh

*Deptford Goth - Feel Real*

-

We were standing outside of Derek's loft. This plan is absolutely crazy. The sheriff pulled open the door. I listened to his steps as he descended down the stairs. The handcuffs jangled as he pulled them out.

"You want to handcuff me?" Stiles's voice echoed through the room.

"If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me, because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others." Sheriff said. There was a long silence before the zipping of the cuffs broke it.

"You're not my son." he stated. That was our cue. Allison, Chris and Derek went in.

"Chaos, strife, pain" the voice was back. Instead of following the plan, I followed the voice.

"Chaos, strife pain" it continued. I closed my eyes and focused on the voice, but in it's place was the sheriff.

"Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

"Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to the list." Chris replied. This was all part of the plan.

"You're not going to shoot my son."

"You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son."

"Chaos, strife, pain. Chaos, strife, pain." I repeated the words to myself. They have to mean something, "chaos, strife, pain. Strife? Strife." I finally connected the words. I ran inside.

"Stop, stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants." I yelled.

"Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out. Because you're not here to kill me. You're here to protect me." the nogitsune said.

The sun had set and the oni appeared. Gunshots rang through the air. Allison was armed with daggers. Derek and I had our claws. We all protected Stiles's body from the oni. I was face to face with one. I flashed my eyes at it and was about to throw some hits when it disappeared. I looked around and all of the oni had disappeared, along with Stiles. I managed to not get hurt but the same doesn't go for Derek. The plan didn't work. Everybody left, we were all stumped as to where Stiles could have gone.

"Sammy, you don't have to stay" Derek said as he put a chessboard on the table.

"I don't want to leave you" I said.

"I can protect myself."

"Hm. I'm well aware." I stood back and watched as he placed the pieces on the board.

"What are you doing?" Peter's voice rang in my ears. I rolled my eyes, already annoyed of his presence, "and more importantly, why aren't you healing?" I looked at Derek, questioningly.

"It's from one of their swords. It'll heal." he responded.

"By playing chess?" Peter asked with a usual amount of sarcasm.

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays." Derek said.

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules."

"What does that mean?"

"You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years. If a kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster." Peter said.

"Besides, chess is Stiles's game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox. Do yourself a favor and put something on that. Before it gets infected." he finished. Peter left and that made me happy.

"He's right you know" I said as I pulled out the first aid kit.

"Chess isn't a game for a Japanese fox?"

"No. You gotta put something on this before it gets infected" I said. I dabbed the wound lightly with alcohol. I put some gauze over it and taped it up.

"All good" I said before packing up the kit. I could feel his eyes fixed on me. I turned around and smiled at him.

"What?" I chuckled. He shook his head before pulling me closer to him. His eyes glanced down onto my lips before finding their way back to mine. I leaned in. We were centimeters away. I pecked his lips before slipping out of his grasp. I heard him groan as I made my way up the stairs.

"You're such a tease" he whined.

"Always have been" I laughed. He ran up the stairs. He lifted me off my feet and I wrapped my legs around his waist. The rest of the night passed me by in one big blur.

-

My eyes fluttered open. I sat up in the bed, holding the sheet against my chest. I looked around, expecting to see Derek, but he was gone. I got dressed quickly then ran downstairs. My phone buzzed in my hand.

"Hello"

"Sammy, Lydia found him. Lydia found Stiles. They're bringing him to my house" Scott said out of breath.

"Okay, I'm on my way" I didn't have time to question Derek's actions. I got to Scott's house in five minutes. Half due to the fact that there wasn't any traffic and half due to my slight speeding. I barged through the front door. Everybody stared at me. Around the couch was Scott, Deaton, Aiden, Melissa, and Lydia. On the couch was Stiles. I closed the door and walked to them.

"Well, if we're not going to kill him, why aren't we at least tying him down with really big chains?" Aiden asked. He has a thing for extreme violence.

"I might have something more effective." Deaton said. He pulled out a small bottle from his bag. Scott and Aiden held Stiles's mouth open as Deaton dropped a few drops of the liquid in. Stiles's eyes shot open. He grabbed Aiden by the neck.

"Get him off me! Get him off me!" Aiden yelled. Stiles let go before sinking deeper into the couch.

"Kanima venom. Nice touch." He said. Aiden growled at him, "you know how they say that twins get a feeling when the other one's in pain? You didn't lose that talent, too, did you? Oh, I hope not. You're going to need it." We looked at Aiden.

"Okay, I'll give a little hint. Ethan's at the school." Stiles said.

"Go." Scott ordered him.

"Oh, I hope he gets there in time." Stiles laughed manically, "I like the twins. Short tempers. Homicidal compulsions. They're a lot more fun than you trying to save the world every day."

"Doc, you brought something to paralyze his body. You got anything for his mouth?" Melissa asked.

"Yes, I do." Deaton said. He took out a roll of duct tape and ripped a strip off. He placed it over Stiles's mouth.

Deaton, Lydia, and Scott went to the dining room to talk. I stayed behind to watch Stiles as Melissa addressed his wound. He might be paralyzed but he's still a trickster. I tried to listen to Stiles's heartbeat, but it didn't sound like he had one.

"Stiles." Melissa's voice brought me back. Stiles had tears in his eyes. I took a step forward, but Melissa stuck her hand out. She took off the tape.

"Really, Melissa? I shed one tear? That's all it takes?" Stiles asked. I growled lowly.

"Come on. You can't crumble that easily. How are you going to hold up when Scott knows the truth?"

"What?" Melissa questioned. If I wasn't so curious, I would've stuck that tape back over his face.

"When he finds out why his dad really left? You know he overheard it, right?" The nogitsune was addressing Stiles.

"You had no idea. You called Stilinski right after it happened. You didn't tell Scott, but you told the Sheriff. Hmm. But Stiles heard it like he hears everything. But you want to know why he never told Scott? Because he knew that Scott would never forgive you. He knew how much he would hate you." my balled my fists.

"This isn't you, Stiles." Melissa said, obviously hurt.

"It is now." He laughed.

"Okay, that's enough." I said. I took the tape from Melissa and put it back over Stiles's mouth. Melissa lead me into the hall.

"Should I have told Scott?" she was doubting herself.

"You did what you thought was right, Melissa" I said to her. She stayed quiet. I pulled her into a hug.

"If you want to tell him, it's better late than never. And he won't hate you. You're his mother. He won't hate you" I repeated.

-

I sat on the staircase. Derek wasn't answering my calls, or anyone's for that matter. Someone knocked on the door. I answered it. An unpleasant face was standing on the other side.

"What the hell are you doing here Peter"

"Tone down the hate Sammy, Scott called me." he smirked. I rolled my eyes and let him in. He walked around the couch while looking at Stiles.

"He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf." Peter stated.

"You don't think it would work?" Scott asked.

"This is more a war of the mind than the body. There are better methods to winning this battle." Peter responded.

"What kind of methods?" I asked. He had Scott's hand in his. He flicked out Scott's claws.

"We're going to get into his head." Lydia and Peter went off to discuss some matter.

I continued to look at Stiles. How the hell did we let this happen. Lydia and Peter returned

"So, do we have a plan?" Deaton asked.

"Scott is going to try and dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles's mind to unearth pale and sickly Real Stiles. Then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious. But he's not going to do it alone." Peter replied.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Somebody needs to go in with you." Peter fixed his gaze on Lydia.

I had a bad feeling about this. Mainly because Peter was the one who informed us about it. Lydia sat on the couch near Stiles. Scott stood behind the couch with his claws at the base of their necks.

"So what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked Peter.

"You're going to have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body."

"Could you elaborate on the "somehow"? It's not feeling very specific at the moment." Lydia said. She reeked of fear. I was afraid the nogitsune might do something to them while they were in there.

"Improvise." Peter said bluntly.

"What if this is just another trick?" I asked.

"When are you people going to start trusting me?" Peter chuckled.

"I meant Stiles" I shook my head.

"Oh"

"Scott, we're running out of time" Deaton said. Scott nodded his head before taking a breath. He stuck his claws into their necks. We were waiting for a long time. I was starting to get anxious. Scott and Lydia broke from their trance.

"Did it work?" Scott asked as he came around the couch. Stiles was still unconscious.

"What happened? Why didn't it work?" Lydia asked.

"Because it's not science, Lydia. It's supernatural. I did my part. Now give me the name." Peter whispered loudly.

"What name? What are you talking about?" Scott questioned. Peter dragged Lydia away. Nothing's ever free with Peter. He always gets something in return. Stiles awoke. He was choking on something. He ripped the tape off and fell on all fours. He was pulling gauze out of his mouth. Yards and yards of gauze came out. Out of the pile of gauze rose a hand. A body came out of it. The same one from my nightmares, except this one didn't have the razor sharp teeth. It lunged towards us. Peter and Scott took it down.

"Hold him."

"I'm trying." Scott yelled back. I walked closer to them.

"Wait, wait, wait!" I yelled as I pushed Peter off of the thing. I slowly took the wrappings off of its face.

"Sammy?" Stiles voice was soft. He looked around the room.

"Scott." Deaton called out.

"Where are they?" I looked back at Scott. Deaton shrugged. Lydia and the nogitsune were gone.

"Lydia!" Scott yelled as he ran out of the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.4K 26
Flora's supernatural adventure continues after her return from Europe • Book 2 • Season 3A & 3B of MTV's hit show Teen Wolf • I don't own Teen Wolf...
1M 22.7K 98
"we'll figure this out 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳." x fem!reader season 1 - 6 highest: #3 in teenwolf : #1 in stilinski : #1 in...
255K 6K 37
CURRENTLY REWRITING THE BOOK! Season 5 (Book 3) Senior year has come. This is the year that Chelsea hopes will be normal. No more fighting and not...
126K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...