Young Justice: Red Comet

By RoseandPaper

(Red Beetle: Book 2) Remy Emerson aka Red Beetle is giving all of her trust to Dusk. Dusk is the only one tha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Spirit Plane
Chapter 2 - A Breathing Corpse
Chapter 3 - Consequences
Chapter 4 - Right and Wrong
Chapter 5 - Heat
Chapter 6 - Green
Chapter 7 - Peace
Chapter 8 - Apologies
Chapter 9 - Heat Waves
Chapter 10 - Confrontation
Chapter 11 - Evaluation
Chapter 12 - Blue
Chapter 13 - Guilt
Chapter 14 - Fire
Chapter 15 - Maska
Chapter 16 - Girl Talk
Chapter 17 - Advice
Chapter 18 - Ice Cream
Chapter 19 - Overheating
Chapter 20 - Warmth
Chapter 21 - Sickness

Chapter 22 - The Morning After

1.6K 62 71
By RoseandPaper

—Nova

When the morning sun rises, I feel safe. The feeling surprises me, as I look up at Bart. He's still asleep. His red hair ruffled up messily. He's so cute.

I press my cheek against his chest. His bed nice and comfortable. His arms wrapped around me as I snuggle into his chest. After we got out of the water, he took me to his room, and we ended up falling asleep after he gave me a few more... lessons on kissing.

I've found I've like kissing. The warm lips, the sensation, the biting. It's the same effect as an Oya.

Speaking of, I move my arms towards his back. My fingers tracing his shoulder blades. He sighs in his sleep, his breath soft and warm against my neck. I want him so much, and it still amazes me that he wants such a thing as me.

I press my cheek against his heart, and warm up slightly. Giving him an Oya.

He sighs again, and I look up into his one green eye that he opened.

"Morning," he murmurs.

I reach up and place my lips gently against his, then pull away. "Morning."

He smiles, and it makes my heart flutter. I want him so much. He then bends down and kisses my lips, before breaking away. He raises an eyebrow, a mischievous grin on his face.

"May I give you a Oya?" He asks softly.

I stiff at this, memories flashing back to Maska, but I shove them away. Bart is here, and he would never hurt me. The bruises from last night still ache across my right eye. I breath in, and tell him, "Yes."

He gathers me up, mimicking my movements perfectly. His hands moving across my back, over my shoulder blades before stopping. He leans his head down against my chest, above my breasts, right over my heart. His cheek presses against me, and although he's human, I swear he becomes warmer.

We lay there, and I close my eyes, taking in his silent promise to hold my heat, to give me his heat. To love me and keep my heart strong for as long as the suns thrive.

"Like this?" He whispers.

I let out a soft little laugh, "Yes."

He pulls away, and looks at me. I smile back at him, but his lips tug into a slight frown. His hand cups my cheek, his thumb gently touching the bottom of my eyelid. He's gentle, so my bruise doesn't flare up in pain.

"We need to tell the others about Maska. About what he's done..." There's the angry undertone in his voice, but it doesn't scare me.

"Wait. Bart, no." I grab onto him, fear enclosing me as I remember what's happened before. How everyone has rejected me. How Maska could always hurt me.

I feel myself heat up, and force myself to calm down.

"It's okay, Nova. I promise everyone will understand." He smiles encouragingly at me.

I take a shaky breath, calming down. My skin returning back to its tan state. I look up into his emerald and nod.

"Okay. Okay."

We get off his bed, Bart perfectly healed from the burns I gave him last night. I cringe inwardly at the thought, but he reassures me that he heals fast. The only real damage is to my eye, bruise and swollen, but I'll recover from it. I've had much worst.

We eventually find Nightwing, Artemis, Aqualad, Connor and M'gann. Bart quietly helps me along as I sputter out that I'm unique among my people. That I don't control fire but lava. I also heat up too, and that no other Torran can do that. They all take this very calmly, and it shocks me. I stumble over Maska's name, but Bart slips his hand into mine. Giving me a comforting squeeze. I take a breath and tell them that Maska was an ex-boyfriend, and how he abused me. He's still looking for me, trying to get me back.

M'gann comes over and gives me a hug. I hug her back, and she and everyone else reassures me that Maska won't come near me. I smile at all of them, thanking them.

Nightwing leaves to go make arrangements, letting the Justice League know that Maska is not an ally. Everyone else gives us space, Artemis smiling knowingly between us and our linked hands.

Once we're alone, I turn and hug Bart tightly. He returns it.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Of course, Nova." He whispers into my hair. We pull apart, and I place my hands on his chest.

"I love you."

He smiles, "I love you, too." He kisses me, and as he pulls away, his smile widens.

"Can we go talk to Jaime and Remy? Remy would kill me if I didn't tell her about us."

I laugh, slipping my hand into his, "Sure."

We take off down the hall. Bart eagerly tugging me alone. We go to Remy's room first, and know of the door.

It surprises me Jaime opens the door, and he looks tired. But when his gaze lands on our intertwined hands, his eyes nearly bulge out of his head.

"Whoa... Um, come in." He opens the door, a little awe stuck. We walk in, and find Remy on the bed. She's wrapped in blankets, and frankly, looks awful. Dark bangs under her eyes, with her usually tan skin suddenly pale.

"Hey, guys. What's going—Holy crap!" She finds out locked hands and nearly falls off the couch.

"Details, now." She points to her couch, Bart laughs as we sit down. Jaime goes to Remy's side, watching us in silent wonder.

"Are you well, Remy?" I ask her.

She waves her hang, "Just got the flu or something. Nothing too serious, just been throwing up all night."

"And running a fever," Jaime adds, touching his hand to her forehead. The way he looks at her is so protective, and loving.

Just like how Bart looks at me.

I find myself blushing and have to look away for a moment.

"Wait," Bart looks over at me. "Can you get sick? Like, from our earth germs?" I focus on him, and end up laughing. All eyes on me now.

"No, I can't. My body temperature is too hot for your earth germs to live in, so, you don't have to worry about that." I smile at him.

"Oh," His relief very obvious. "Good."

"Well, spill! You two finally together?" Remy asks, excited besides her tired undertone. She must really be sick.

"Well..." Bart says, his grin dropping off. This time, I let him explain everything. When he gets to the part of watching Maska hit me, Remy looks like she's going to break something besides her sick nature.

"I'm going to kill him," She says.

I shake my head, but Bart continues on with us finally confessing everything in the water of happy habor. Remy loses her anger, and replaces it with pure joy.

When Bart finishes, I rest my head in the crock of his shoulder. He kisses my hair, and focus back on Remy who watches with glee in her eyes.

"I know it. You guys are so cute!"

"Way to be, hermano," Jaime grins as he puts his fist out. Bart grins as he taps his knuckles against Jaime's.

"And, Nova." Jaime adds, "Don't worry about Maska. We'll take care of him." He shares a look with Remy, and it's obvious the couple have the same thought in mine.

"Thank you, Remy. Thank you, Jaime." I whisper. Bart kisses my hair again.

"I'm here, Nova. Always will be." He whispers into my ear.

I smile, turning my head so I can kiss his neck. "I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 8.1K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
107K 6K 38
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
136K 6.2K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
310K 10.8K 50
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...