The Showstopper

By BabeLoRegui

Lauren Jauregui always had a life long dream of making it to Broadway and to do that, audition to attend NYU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
New Story
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final)

Chapter 13

5.1K 137 27
By BabeLoRegui

Lauren's POV

The next day after school I stopped by the dance studio to check out how the team was doing. They were rehearsing intently for their competition that was that weekend. I observed their routines and offered them tips even though I wasn't co-captain anymore. The team was doing pretty well and I was excited to see them compete.

The day after that, Friday, were callbacks and I actually got one for Eponine! I found out on Thursday so I had to prepare to sing "On My Own." There were two other girls who were up for it, Madison Beer and Zendaya. I didn't get to see or listen to their auditions but I knew they were very talented so I felt nervous again. Camila also got a callback for Cosette which was amazing. She went head to head with Ariana so that must've been a showdown. I also didn't get to see or listen to her sing "In My Life" but I was sure she nailed it. We both just hoped we did well enough for those parts.

I decided to do something kind of romantic for Camila later that evening. I was forced to be at this family party that was held at my house every year. Not that I don't love my family because I do a lot, but I've spent a good four hours talking with them and it was getting kinda boring after a while. They were just sitting down watching a movie now so I figured they wouldn't care if I left. I just couldn't let my mom know. I missed my girlfriend and I knew she wasn't doing anything so I wanted to surprise her in a cute, special way. And since we were finally done stressing about auditions, it would be nice to treat her.

Camila's POV

It was Friday night and I didn't have plans with anyone. Not even Lauren since she said she was at some family party thing. So, that meant ordering a large pizza and watching Netflix all night alone for me. Pretty typical. Lauren and I were texting while she was at her event saying how boring it was since they were just watching a movie and I was lazily watching my all time favorite show Friends. Everything was chill until I heard something at my window. It sounded like a rock hit it.

I cautiously made my way over to see what the disturbance was till my eyes widened at the sight. There below stood my girlfriend with the biggest smile on her face and holding some sort of basket and something else I couldn't make out.

I immediately opened up my window. "Lauren? What are you doing?" I asked bewildered.

"Camila, Camila, let down your long hair!" she exclaimed dramatically. I laughed at how dorky she was.

"Why aren't you at your family party?" I questioned still surprised.

"It was too boring. We were just watching a movie so I snuck out and want you to do the same."

"You want me to sneak out?"

"Yeah!" she squealed jumping.

"Lauren, I can't. It's almost midnight and what if my parents notice I'm gone?"

"I'm sure they won't," she waved off.

"I don't think it's such a good idea," I confessed nervously.

"But I already prepared food in this basket and brought a blanket! I thought we could go to the park and have a picnic together," she pouted. Dammit she always gets me with that.

"Babe, you're too cute," I sighed now feeling bad at how romantic she was being. I should just go for it. My parent's are probably asleep anyway. "Okay," I sighed, "I'll be down in a few."

She smiled and I turned around to grab my jacket and go out the door until I saw my door knob turning.

"Mija? Was that you shouting?" my mom came in rubbing her eyes as she was waking up from her sleep. Probably shouldn't have been so loud.

"Um yeah sorry, Mama. I was on the phone with Lauren and sorta got a little too loud," I lied.

"Oh alright just keep it down. Your father, sister, and I are sleeping. Goodnight," she hugged me and left to go back to bed. The coast was clear.

I grabbed my favorite blue jacket from my closet and tip-toed downstairs trying my best to keep quiet. If I got caught now, I would be in a heap of trouble. Successfully, I managed to leave my house as quiet as a mouse and joined Lauren outside.

"Lauren!" I yelped happily running into her arms.

"Hey, babe," she giggled and squeezed me tightly.

"You're so sweet for doing this. And thank you cause I was going insane of boredom up there," I groaned.

"I figured and so was I." She grabbed my hand and we started walking down the sidewalk to the neighborhood park. "And now that we're done stressing about the musical auditions, I wanted to treat you," she smiled.

"That's so nice; you really didn't have to. I know you had to be at your family thing. " I shook my head feeling bad that she went out of her way and sacrificed getting in trouble by her parents just to do this for me. But a bad ass like Lauren couldn't be tamed.

"Yeah but I'd rather spend time with you than watch a movie. Think of this as our second date."

I giggled looking down at the items in her other hand. "So, what's in the basket?"

"Some sandwiches and sparkling apple juice just how you like," she beamed proudly remembering how much I like that kind of juice.

"You're too much. I don't deserve you," I shyly grinned.

"You deserve the world," she half smiled and looked me in the eyes. I couldn't help but pull her into a sweet kiss.

We made it to the park after only a few minutes of walking and spread out the blanket and food for our picnic. It's been a few hours since I ate that pizza so I had room to eat a sandwich.

"This is so nice and well done on the sandwich," I sighed in contentment.

"Thanks. It's a beautiful night. The stars and moon are out, it's perfect," she smiled looking up.

"Yeah but obviously not more perfect than you," I flirted.

"Hush. Eat your sandwich," she blushed giggling.

We ate our sandwiches and talked about a lot things. One being of course about society and how screwed up it is. It's always a hot topic for Lauren as she rants about it almost everyday at lunch, making our friends annoyed. We would all be talking about just some random thing and then it would turn into the topic about our society or even the government and politics which Lauren was not afraid to share her thoughts on. She can get pretty heated on the subject which I find hot so it doesn't bother me much. I love how passionate she is. Love. Did I just say I love something about her? Well yeah I guess I did. I love a lot of things about her but, it's probably too soon to tell her after only being together for two weeks. She'd be creeped out if I told her now. But I do love her...so much.

"Because of the fact that people need to dress a certain way to be 'normal' enough for people to not bash on them is a sad sad reality of the society we live in," Lauren finished her spirited rant on what society thinks of appearance.

"Wow, babe, you're so right. Have I ever told you how beautiful you look when you go on rants?" I gushed after pretending I was interested in what she was saying. Not that I didn't care because I liked hearing her views and opinions, but I've already heard her say the same things over and over again and it could be overwhelming sometimes. I always have to change the topic before it drags on too long.

"Thanks," she blushed, "I just get into it so much ya know? There's so many problems in this world that I wanna help fix," she expressed.

A little while after that hour long conversation, we thankfully stopped talking about the world's problems and talked about deeper things that I could relate to more. We were both lying down on the blanket side by side holding each other's hands. We looked like a freaking romantic teen movie.

"God, it's so pretty up there and the moon is gorgeous," I breathed in awe.

"Yeah, I love the moon but I've always had more of a fascination with the sun," Lauren countered.

"What do you mean?" I turned my head to face her.

"I don't know. I just love the sun. It reminds me of you and how you bring light to everything. Whenever I'm feeling down or anyone else is feeling down, you're always the person who makes sure they're okay and brighten up their day. You're a big ball of energy that brings light into darkness and it makes me so happy and full."

"Lauren, I don't know what to say," I sighed. Her words were so beautiful and how she thought that of me made me speechless.

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to let you know," she smiled then looked back up.

"Well if anything, you remind me of the moon," I said while she faced me again. "Just like the nighttime is beautiful, you are too. The night is dark but the moon glows lighting up the sky attracting everyone's attention to it. It reminds me of how you too glow through darkness and you're such a gorgeous sight that people can't help but look at you," I explained sincerely. "Even though it makes me a little jealous," I smirked making her laugh. "You also just even me out. The sun is radiant and full of energy until the moon calms and chills everything down.

"Yeah, I'm calm and chill when I'm not arguing or ranting," she laughs.

"You got a point there," I smiled jokingly.

"So I guess you're the sun and I'm the moon. It's perfect."

"Yeah. It's like that poem about the moon and the sun being star crossed lovers and how their love was forbidden," I explained recalling that poem I loved.

"What poem is that?"

"Let me pull it up." I sat up and got out my phone in search for what I was looking for. "By the way I like to think of the sun as gender neutral." Lauren nodded and I started.

"I am the sun,

Let me be your man,

Let me light you up,

Show off your beauty,

Pale beautiful moon.

You are beautiful,

I love your figure,

All round.

I want you to be my queen,

Let me be your king,

Let me heat you up,

I want to make you go up in flames,

Come let me show you desire,

Share a kiss.

Our love is forbidden,

By the gods,

But our love's too strong for us,

To be separated.

By the pull of the moon,

I am your slave,

You make me weak,

And I burn for you alone,

By day I sigh,

Longing for a glimpse of you,

Although you are lost to me.

As I leave the day

To let in the night,

I think of you,

Long for a glimpse of you,

As you light the dark.

Pale moon,

You are so beautiful,

I envy the stars because they get to be in your presence,

We are star crossed lovers,

Loving each other from a distance,

I want you, and you want me,

Separated

But loving each other,

From a distance.

This is my confession,

I am the sun,

But I burn for only you,

The beautiful full moon."

"Wow that's beautiful," Lauren gasped.

"I know and it's just like our relationship. How my parents can't know that we're together. I know that they don't know yet but it's forbidden to them."

"Camz."

"I know you don't like keeping us a secret from them, Lauren, but I'm so fucking scared at what they'll do if they find out," I expressed worriedly. "I don't want to lose you."

"Babe, it's okay. I don't want to pressure you. You can take all the time you need alright? I'm not going anywhere. And once they find out, we're going to deal with this the best we can. It's going to take a lot to keep me away from you. And even then I know my rebel ass will find someway to still see you," she smirked. "I believe in us."

"Me too and when the time comes I'll be ready to fight for our relationship."

After only dating for two weeks there was so much love between us it was hard to resist. I know I love her but I decided to not tell her as it was still too soon. One day but not today. Though I could still express my affection in another way.

Lauren's POV

I was beaming at Camila's last words. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of lying to her parents, I knew her intentions were good. She was protecting me and I appreciated that. And when she's ready we're going to make it through together. I smiled at her getting lost once again in her beautiful brown eyes, one of my favorite features about her. I also noticed her staring at me and flickering her eyes down to my lips. Her looking at me like that made me want her so much.

She made the first move by slowly leaning in to kiss my lips chastely but then deepened it as she sucked on my lower lip. I got to give her credit for learning how to kiss so well so quickly. She was the best kisser by far. We kissed for a couple minutes until she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me down on top of her and slid her tongue in my mouth. Those types of things made me go crazy with lust so I settled comfortably between her legs and rested half of my body on my forearm and the other hand on her waist.

I caressed her tummy underneath her shirt before I slid my hand up to her breasts. Fortunately she wasn't wearing a bra as she was wearing her pajamas. Easy access. And best of all Dinah wasn't here to interrupt us. Next thing I knew I was massaging her left breast and using my fingers to play with her nipple which hardened under my touch. It was so soft, I couldn't believe it. Camila moaned making me want to keep going but I snapped out of it. I quickly pulled away from her mouth and sat up. Wow, I'm doing so bad at this self control thing.

"Shit. I'm so sorry," I sighed shamefully.

"Sorry for what?" Camila asked with furrowed eyebrows and sat up as well.

"I didn't mean to go that far, Camz. I don't want to take advantage of you," I confessed quietly.

"Lauren, it's okay. You're not. You're my girlfriend and I want to be intimate with you," she smiled softly.

"Really?" I asked confused.

"Well yeah. We're in a relationship after all and if I give you consent, then you're not really taking advantage of me."

"I guess that makes sense. Sorry it's just..." I was almost going to tell her how it's been a while since I've had a girlfriend and slept with so many girls before I stopped myself. "...that I don't want you to think I'm using you," I saved my sinful ass.

"I know you aren't, babe. Don't worry. I like it when you touch me," she said seductively in a low voice making me turned on again. I practically pounced on her, attacking her lips and neck but before anything else happened, I heard my phone vibrate. Fuck. I had to get up since it could have been my mom.

"Sorry," I apologized breathlessly and got up to retrieve my phone. "Hello?" I answered nervously as it was indeed my mother.

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, where the hell are you?" my mom questioned sternly but surprisingly in a calm tone.

"Um I-I went for a walk. I'm just at the park," I explained. Technically I wasn't lying.

"Uh huh. With Camila?"

Shit. How did she know? Who am I kidding my mom know's everything. "W-what makes you think that?"

"Oh please, Lauren. I know you," she said.

I sighed giving up since there was no use in arguing. She knew me too well. "Okay yes I'm with Camila. But please please don't tell her parents?"

"Oh so she snuck out as well?"

"Mom, please!" I begged.

"Alright, Lauren, I won't but it's far too late. You two need to head home. We'll talk more later. Me tienes hasta el último pelo," she stated coldly then hung up. I was so dead.

"What'd she say?" Camila asked worriedly.

"Don't worry she just said for us to go home. She's not going to tell your parents," I assured her.

"Thank God,'' she sighed in relief.

"Well, it is getting pretty late anyway as it's like 1:30 in the morning."

"Yeah. I'm getting kinda tired and it's getting colder," she shivered.

"Come on, I'll walk you home," I said starting to gather our things and beginning to walk back.

"Thank you, Lauren. I had so much fun tonight," Camila smiled while we made our way back to her house. I made sure she kept warm by wrapping my blanket around her and holding her close underneath my arm.

"My pleasure, Camz. You know I'd always do these things for you. I want to make you feel special."

"You do just by being with me. I enjoyed how you were tonight."

"Me too." I smiled shyly.

"And how really close we were," she whispered seductively in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh God," I sighed blushing intensely.

"Aw, I got you flustered," she giggled teasingly.

"Screw you," I smiled looking down and pushed her lightly.

"Not now, babe," she teased again earning a playful glare from me.

We got to her house and kissed each other goodbye. We both prayed that I wouldn't get too harsh of a punishment once I returned to my place. I left the Cabello's house and began striding down the street toward my house still hoping I wasn't completely fucked. But I was probably going to be since my mom is a Cuban mom.

"Porque coño llegaste tan tarde?" my mom threw her hands up not looking pleased at all. I stepped tentatively into my house after my ten minute walk.

"Lo siento, Mama, I was just out with Camz," I sulked.

"Lauren, I thought you learned from your two month punishment to not break the rules," she said grimly.

"I know and I'm really really sorry. No lo haré nunca más, te lo prometo," I tried to appease because I actually meant it. I'm not exactly proud that I do these things.

"You know you could've just asked to go see Camila?" she said raising an eyebrow.

"But wouldn't you have said no?" I questioned.

"Maybe, maybe not. But it doesn't matter now. You did what you did and you know the rules: No leaving the house before letting me or your father know where you're going," she stated.

"Am I grounded?" I groaned.

She thought about it for a minute. "No."

"Wait what? Really?" That was a first. I was astounded.

"I know the situation between you and Camila. About how her parents can't know about you two being together." I looked down sadly. "I'm letting you off the hook this time but don't do it again."

My ears perked up, "Really? Gracias, Mama! No voy a hacerlo," I squealed hugging her."

"De nada. Now get to bed before I get my chancletas," she "joked."

"Coño," I swore in Cuban Spanish then ran for my life to my room.

I went straight to bed without any more questions or comments. I think my mom felt kind of bad about Camila and I's situation and how we can't be together around her parents. It was nice but I was really surprised she didn't give me a punishment. Ever since I got grounded over the summer, my parents have watched me like a hawk and are stricter than ever. I've tried to be better by not going to many parties anymore but I can't stop breaking the rules completely. After all I'm a teenager, I can't help but do stupid things and get in trouble. Sneaking out just to go down the street was very innocent compared to the things I've done in the past. But I should be a better person. Camila deserved better and I promised myself I would be my best for her.

A/N: Sorry if the spanish might be wrong. I don't speak it and looked it up online.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665K 18.4K 24
Camila Cabello, a girl who have always been struggling to talk properly due to her speech disorder that she had been suffering from since she was a l...
68.8K 1.7K 28
Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to leave the drama of high school but she find...
24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
319K 8.8K 31
Lauren Jauregui is the school bully. She's hot, popular, rich. She has everything going for her, or so it seems. Camila Cabello is the school queer...