Asher's Heart

By rhxpsodicxlly

Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Acknowledgments | Character Interview
Update
Extra #1
Extra #2
Cast

Chapter 6

45.2K 1.6K 531
By rhxpsodicxlly

As I stirred to consciousness and opened my eyes all I saw was black. I then realized I was blindfolded. I tried to move but to no avail. My upper body was tied to the chair and my hands were tied to its arms. Even my feet were tied down.

The sudden realization that I was kidnapped made my throat dry. My heart twisted in fear and panic started to make its way into my mind.

I tried to free myself by straining the ropes and twisting my body but the damn ropes were too tight.

I heard shuffling and my head shot up. The voices of footsteps became louder until they stopped altogether.

I guess my kidnapper is here.

And that made me terrified. Fear engulfed my entire being. I never thought that I would experience something like this. My heart was beating so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if it came out of my body.

This whole situation made me angry than it made me scared. Angry that I was gullible enough to be fooled. Angry that I let my curiosity win. Angry that I couldn't fight back.

After giving that text message a lot of thought I had finally decided to go and see what that unknown person wanted to tell me. It wasn't dark at that time so I walked to the said place. I should have known. The place was giving me the creeps. I should have listened to my conscience screaming at me not to go.

I don't even remember what exactly happened when I reached there. It was like one moment I was standing there waiting for that person and the next I woke all tied up in a chair.

The possibility of what could happen now made me want to cry. I could die. This person could be a murderer.

I tried to break through those damn ropes again.

"Let me go," I screeched. I needed to concentrate on my anger and ignore my fear. That was the only way I could survive this situation without having a panic attack.

I heard the footsteps come even closer.

"Now wouldn't that be double the work for me?" a deep voice said sarcastically.

The sound of his voice sent chills down my spine. His voice was a bit muffled and unfathomably deep. As if he was trying hard to make it sound that way. I couldn't tell his age by the sound of his altered voice.

To be honest, I was shit scared but I wasn't going to show that. Instead, I put on my fearless mask and demanded him to untie me.

"Untie. Me," I repeated when he ignored me the first time.

"No," he said simply.

I gritted my teeth.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

It was silent as if he was in a deep thought.

Now the idea of the party seems so tempting when I was sitting here captive.

"I want... " he started." Oh, wait. That's simple. I want money. Lots of it," he finished.

I started thrashing in the seat again. My arms and feet were hurting from the ropes. It's gonna leave bruises. Yeah right, if I get out of here alive that is.

"Untie me," I screamed again.

"I should have put a gag in your mouth too," he grunted.

"Let me go!"

My trashing had become insanely rough. I feared that the chair might topple and I would fall down. My eyes started tearing up.

After thrashing around and screaming for awhile I became quiet. This was not good. I was being held captive and I had no idea what was going to happen now. Moreover, I wasted all my energy to scream and thrash. All for nothing. I could feel my eyes tearing up again.

"At least loosen the ropes a bit. They are hurting me," I pleaded. I internally shuddered upon hearing my voice. It was raspy by all the screaming and sounded defeated.

I heard a sigh then felt the ropes loosen up. Oh, how great that felt.

"Wait 'til my father hears about this!" I threatened.

Just when I thought my threat didn't convey its seriousness and I opened my mouth to reiterate. He started laughing.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

"Did you just quote Harry Potter?" he asked in between laughs.

Did I?

Well, it wasn't really intentional.

"Technically, it's Draco Malfoy," I remarked.

He didn't stop laughing.

Then I realized something which made my blood boil. I clenched my fists.

How did I not realize this before?!

There were small clues everywhere. The text message, this abandoned place, the altered voice. Normally people don't lure people through text messages to kidnap them.

"I will murder you," I gritted lowly, my fist clenching harder.

His laughter died down as he realized his slip up.

He coughed and cleared his throat.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before I do something that is illegal. For instance, brutally murdering someone.

"Take off this blindfold," I commanded.

He didn't do anything.

"Take it off!" I yelled.

"Jeez! Stop screaming," he said then took it off.

I glared at him.

"How dare you?" I demanded menacingly.

Oh how much I wanna slap that smirk off his face.

"You ruined all the fun. I had so many things in store for this," he said faking disappointment.

"You think this is funny?" I spat.

"You don't?"

"Untie me and I will tell you," I said shooting him a murderous look.

I sensed him tense up a bit. My murderous look was working. That's good. Let me get free of these ropes then I will show you hell.

"No?" he said it like it was a question.

I laughed humorlessly.

"I am saying this last time. Untie me Asher or else I won't think twice before shoving burning coal down your throat," I gritted.

He stood there for a while before he sighed in a defeated manner and came to untie me. He first undid the ropes that were holding my upper body to the chair. As he finished doing that I took a deep breath and jiggled. That damn thing was constricting my chest.

Her then kneeled in front of me to untie my legs. As soon as they were loose enough I swung a kick at his face.

"I knew you would do that," he muttered as he caught my foot halfway.

Damn. I'd be waiting for the day when my any attack would actually hurt him.

He then straightened up and started to make his way to a door that I just now realized was there.

"Hello? What about my arms?" I called.

He halted his steps and turned around.

"As much as I want to help you. I don't have a death wish. Help yourself," he said and resumed walking.

That bastard! Help myself?! He was the one who brought me here in the first place!

"If you walk another step McArdle, I will castrate you," I threatened. But in reality, I was scared of being alone in this abandoned place. And God knew I couldn't untie those ropes on my own.

"Scared are we?" he said with a smirk as he walked towards me.

I sighed. At least he wasn't leaving me alone. I didn't know how he knew what I was feeling. I had made sure my voice didn't give my fear away.

"You wish," I said.

"So you wouldn't mind if I leave?" he asked seriously.

"No!" I exclaimed, horrified.

His smirk widened.

"That's what I thought," he said.

We remained silent for a while. He made no move to help me and I was lost in my thoughts.

Why me?

Why is it me who he likes to prank?

Doesn't he get bored?

"No. Your reactions are far from boring," he chuckled.

I shot him a glare.

"Shouldn't you be at the party?" I asked. All the popular kids were there. Noel's parties were a big thing around here. The invitations were exclusive and people tend to do anything to get one. I always got one and I was sure he got one too. In fact, I was sure he was the first one to get it.

He tensed up then shrugged nonchalantly.

"Trust me, this is far more interesting than attending any stupid party," he said.

I rolled my eyes.

Then he took out his phone.

"What are you doing? Untie me alre-" I stopped short as my eyes widened.

Bloody bastard recorded it.

"If you show that to anyone then-"

"Then what Anderson? What are you gonna do?" he asked, his eyes never leaving the screen as he played the video. I flinched hearing my own voice. Do I really scream that loud?

I couldn't let him show that to anyone. That would be so embarrassing. I needed to find a way to delete that video. And real soon.

"Video's already uploaded," he announced as he pocketed his phone.

My heart dropped.

He can't do this! Now I would be a laughing stock in front of the whole school. My eyes stung. I squeezed them. I won't let him see me cry. I won't give him that satisfaction.

"Why do you do this?" I cried but I didn't let my tears fall.

"Cause it's fun," he said simply, unfazed by my outburst.

How can he be so heartless?

"Get lost," I spat.

He raised his eyebrow as if daring me to say that again.

"I wish you never came back!"

He looked at me with an indifferent look. If I didn't know better I would have thought he was hurt. But I knew better.

He came forward and my heart beat increased at what he might do next.

I was going to tell him to stay away but didn't as I realize he was going to untie my arms.

I remained silent as I tried to calm my beating heart when he undid the ropes.

I flexed my wrists as they were sore. My breath caught in my throat as I realized how close we were.

My eyes widened as I felt him leaning in. I could feel his breath on my face and I dared not move. That weird feeling erupted in my stomach again.

I was transfixed.

"Too bad your wish doesn't count," he murmured in my ear. Then without another word he was out of the warehouse.

I sat there wondering if I had really hurt him by saying what I did.

Too bad I don't care.

I huffed and stood up. I stretched and winced when a muscle stretched more than it should.

What he did today was unforgivable and I would get back at him. This cycle wouldn't stop. At least not from my side. He would something then I would retaliate. It had always been like this from the start.

I sighed. Today was a tiring day. First, Kelsey drama then Evan and then this. I just wanted to go to bed.

I made my way out of the warehouse and was surprised at how dark it had gotten. I must've been unconscious for quite long. I wonder how he was able to make me unconscious. Did he hit me on the head? But I don't feel pain. Did he drug me?! That bastard!

I was seething. You are going to go down Asher. Just wait and watch.

My shoulders slumped involuntarily on the thought of walking back home. This wasn't the safe part of the city and it was dark.

I took out my phone to text someone to pick me up. My options were numbered. I couldn't text my friends as they were most probably drunk at the party and I couldn't call dad as he would be busy. And I had no intention of hearing an earful about me being irresponsible. No thanks.

Walking back home was the only option. I fast-walked in the direction of my home. The faster I get out of this horrible place the better.

"Going somewhere?" I heard a voice say.

Uh oh.

My day - night to be precise - just got a lot worse.

📚📚📚📚

Hello, awesome people!!!
I am back! And I updated early!
Do you like it? Yes?😁 No?😢
Do you think Asher went a little overboard with his prank?
So, this chapter is dedicated to HsLovesToRead cause she is awesome and her comments make me laugh so hard. 😂
Vote and comment!!
Thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments. You guys have no idea how happy you make me. 😘😘
Bye!
-K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 10.4K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
187K 5.3K 46
"Autumn" he says a bit louder, I couldn't resist his voice so I look up at him. "Do you think everything I have ever said to you and done with you is...
The Bet By Angela

Teen Fiction

151K 3.8K 33
Who could ever think that because of a football game you could find true love? Well Jason Parker wouldn't. He is the schools hottie, captain of the s...
1K 123 22
(Story under Heavy editing) ************* April Anderson just wanted one thing, to get through high school without any drama, but What happens when...