We're different

By strazzberry

Max and Lucas are best friends. They have a crush on each other but neither of them knows. They don't want to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

33 2 0
By strazzberry

--Lucas--

I looked at the strazberry notebook.

Mango+Sana = mango salad
Sana likes mango

So...

Strazberry=  strawberry+raspberry
Lucas and _______ (Max somehow involved)

I closed the notebook and put in a drawer. This strazberry shit was kind of pissing me off. What was so important that they couldn't tell us?

Why were they shipping me with someone? We don't even talk to them or anything.

-

--Max--

It's been a few weeks since we found out that strazberry was a ship. Lucas and I have been listening to their conversations but we didn't get anything so far. There was no news about mango salad either, so we guessed that it wasn't that important but it was still good that we found out what it was so we could make the connection between that and strazberry.

I was currently in science and I saw Sana talking to Hayley, which was weird because they had their own little groups in this class.

They both sat down on the empty table next to the one I was in and started talking about something. I quickly got on my phone and started voice recording just in case I miss something and also so that I could show Lucas.

"Lucas really wants to know what it is." Sana said. "Have they asked you about it much?"

I assumed they were talking about strazberry.

"No. Strawberry has asked me a couple times but I was with Emma. I feel like they'll flip out if we tell them." Hayley said.

"I don't know, maybe. But I just know they like each other."

When Sana said that, it kind of pissed me off. Lucas does not like anyone! And if he does, it'd be me.

"Yeah. That's true. I ship it but I kind of still like strawberry."

Okay, so Lucas had to be strawberry since Hayley likes strawberry. It's not gonna be the girl they ship him with since I don't think she's lesbian or anything.

"You do!? Now I feel bad because you like him and then we're shipping him with raspberry and Emma hates him and I don't know... Maybe we shouldn't ship them and try getting them together."

"No. I can tell they like each other. We shouldn't give up because of me. If they really like each other we shouldn't give up, especially just if Emma hates raspberry."

Hold on. Did she just say Emma hates raspberry? Emma hates Lucas and I just thought Lucas was strawberry because Hayley liked strawberry. Strawberry was a guy. Raspberry was Lucas.

It was even worse than I thought. They were shipping Lucas with another guy that wasn't me. A guy that Hayley likes.

I was done with this strazberry shit. It was getting on my nerves. They had no right to ship anyone with him. They don't even talk!

I switched off the recording when Hayley and Sana went back to their seats.

I didn't bother lifting my head off the table. I stayed there, going over what I just heard. It hurt because I liked him so much.

...And I wished I could just disappear for a while.

-

--Lucas--

Max came into gym looking a little upset. I asked him what happened but he wouldn't reply.

"I have strazberry news." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "They need to give up on that. I just want to find out who the other person is so I could just tell them that I don't like them." I said.

"Lucas, you're raspberry. Strawberry is a guy." Max said.

What?! How did they know I was gay. I didn't reply to Max.

"I have it recorded so you can listen to it. I'll send it to you after class." He said. I nodded.

-

At lunch I was a bit quiet. All I could think about was strazberry and Max. It was eating me alive like I was eating my food.

In science we weren't really doing anything so I quietly listened to the recording in the corner. I understood what Max meant about strawberry being a guy. I was still a bit confused and mad.

Since I found out it was a guy, I really wanted to know who it was. I decided to pester them about it in Spanish.

-

--Max--

I was feeling like complete crap. I was upset about the strazberry thing and I was feeling kind of sick to top it off. I texted my mom and she decided to come pick me up early. I was glad because I don't think I'd be able to be in the and room as the strazberry creators and not go off on them.

"Hey Max are you okay?" Hayley asked me.

I ignored her and continued solving the math problems. She was involved in the strazberry stuff but she was really nice and I didn't want to yell at her for no reason. I was soon picked up from school and I happily left the problem causing hell hole.

-

--Lucas--

Max was checked out in math and I was glad, not because I didn't want to see him but because I wanted to talk to Sana and Emma about the ship in Spanish.

I walked into class taking a seat next to them. Emma looked at me and turned back, not caring.

I couldn't hear what she was saying but after Sana replied she yelled.

"SAME!"

"Omg same!"

"Shut up Lucas!" She yelled at me and turned around.

I tapped her back with a pencil.

"What do you want!"

"Hey. I think I should be the one that's mad right now. You're the one shipping me with some guy remember?" I snapped.

"What! How'd you find out." Sana asked.

"Well Max and I put our heads together and decided to listen to your conversations." I smirked. "By the way Sana, who is mango?"

"Uh... No one. It's not important. I don't like him anymore." She said.

"Are you sure."

"Yes." She replied a little too quickly, I knew she was lying.

"Okay. Well if you don't like him you can tell me" I pressed.

"Morgan." She mumbled but I heard it.

"Well you might wanna tell me what strazberry is or else I'll tell Morgan."

"What the fuck. I hate you!" She yelled. I was bluffing. I wasn't that mean. If she didn't want to tell him, I wouldn't do it for her.

Sana looked at Emma.

"Well how much do you know so far?" Emma asked me.

"I know that I'm raspberry and strawberry is a guy that you ship me with."

"Clase, be quiet." The teacher came in and decided to interrupt this important moment.

I tried whispering to them but sadly they sat right next to the teacher so she ended up moving me in an empty spot.

I huffed. So much for knowing the person.

-

The whole time in Spanish and career class I was thinking about strazberry. It was now last period and I was in language arts. Ms. Simpson was talking to us about random stuff that was somehow related to language. It wasn't really important. I was waiting for her to finish talking so I could talk to Sana, Emma, and Emma.

"So just remember on your state test tomorrow about the true and false and the goldi locks method." She walked off to her desk and started doing something on her computer and everyone started talking.

I got up ignoring Alyssa and Justin calling me and sat in the spot that Grace usually sat in since she wasn't there. Emma turned around and Sana came over to talk. The boys gave looks like "why are you talking to them" and Bella seemed a little jealous.

"Max is strawberry." Sana finally said.

My heart stopped beating. It was Max this whole time.

"I-I like him." I somehow got out.

The three of them shared a look but thankfully didn't squeal.

My eyes brimmed with tears but I wasn't going to cry here.

"H-he's never going to like me back." I chocked out.

"Hey." Emma said. The other one watching in silence. She didn't talk much but she seemed like the type of person who would be crazy once you get to know her. Sana put her hand on mine.

"It's okay." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"He likes you. Trust me." Emma said. I held on to Sana's hand. Even though I was really rude and annoying to them they were comforting me.

"How do you k-know." I asked. While looking down.

"We see the way he looks at you. Almost the same way you look at him." Emma said.

Sana's grip tightened on my hand. It didn't hurt, if anything it was comforting.

"I like him a lot." I whispered.

"We know." Silent Emma, as I decided to call her for now, smiled. I smiled back.

"Can you guys tell him. A-about strazberry. I don't want him to freak out and say I'm weird when he finds out." I asked.

"Yeah. Of course." Emma said.

"Can I ask you guys something." I wiped my eyes before a tear decided to drop.

"Yeah."

"Why are you guys so nice to me when all I've done is be rude." I asked.

"Because like we said, we can see you two really like each other and behind the winks and funny fuckboy image you're a hopeless romantic and a sweet boy that deserves to be treated well, even if you are a jerk sometimes." Emma said.

"How did you start liking him." The other Emma (emma g) asked.

"I don't really know. We became friends because of being in the same soccer team since about fourth grade and we started going to the same middle school so we became closer. I think I started liking him because I realized the way I felt about our sleepover cuddles and holding hands were different than my feelings towards a friend." I said. I honestly didn't remember when I started liking him but all that mattered was that I did right now and we maybe have a chance of being together if what the girls said was true.

"Thank you." I smiled. "So Sana, what about mango."

"Oh my god." She covered her face. "Don't"

"Morgan." I called.

He looked up from his phone. "Yeah?"

"Come here." I said.

"Okay." He got up and went around the desks to come near us.

"Do you like mango salad?" I asked.

"Sure?"

"Oh my gosh this is strazberry all over again." Emma G said.

Sana squealed. Her face still buried in her hands. "Just shut up Lucas. Please." She said.

"Okay. You can leave." Morgan looked confused but he went back to his seat.

I knew Sana didn't want me to tell him, so I won't. I'll just subtly ask him questions about her and get them together. After all it's the least I can do.

"Okay Lucas. Tomorrow the Emma's can tell Hayley about what happened and then we can talk to Max in science. That sound good?" Sana said.

"Yep." I said. I was kind of excited, I mean what if he actually liked me. I've been dying to be with him for a while now. I just hope he feels the same.

"Guys I'm gay." I told them.

"No. You're straight." They said sarcastically.

"I'm bi." Emma said.

"Dude hold on. Does this mean I have a GBF!" Sana squealed.

"I guess so. If you consider me a friend." I said.

"Of course." She punched my arm.

"Ow. Tiny people have a lot of power."

She scoffed. "That's offensive."

"Tall people are stronger though." I high fived Emma. I was pretty sure she was taller than me. I wasn't super tall or anything though. Just more than average.

The bell rang and everyone left the classroom, eager to go home.

"Well I hope everything goes well with Max." I said. I gave them my number so that Sana could send me a voice recording of what happens.

I guess that was our thing now.

-

Length 2k

Thoughts on Max finding out it was another guy. Lucas being mad. Max leaving school early. Lucas telling them he likes Max after finding out who strazberry was.

Hope you enjoyed guys🙃🙂😋sorry it's late

Don't forget to
vote●○comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.6K 1.6K 23
Riley always had everything he could ever ask for thanks to his rich dad. Well... almost everything. The hardest thing for a rich kid to get is real...
3.8K 76 26
[Warning.May contain] Bad language (Doesn't really appear a lot) A boyxboy love story. This story goes about the life of a Filipino boy named Blake R...
4.6K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...
8K 152 37
Stella Grayson and Lucas Patterson have been best friends for two years. They hug and call each other cute names. They hold hands and kiss each othe...