Sweet Surrender (Complete)

By HIndia150

(Mature Content) In eight years since their heart-wrenching breakup, a lot has changed for Radhika Verma. She... More

Sweet Surrender
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Epilogue *Smexy*
Wicked Surrender (Soon)

Chapter 6

122K 2.3K 81
By HIndia150

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

Radhika ran out of his office and was currently perched in her car, her car door locked effectively to stop herself from running into his arms and begging to be ravished.

She panted and closed her eyes, leaning her head on the steering wheel.

What had she been thinking? Well, one thing was clear she definitely had not been in her right frame of mind.

She had what….allowed him to kiss her and hell, had she enjoyed it.

She had breathed in his scent, male and inviting. The contrast of his hot body and the cool air had only added to the surreal sensation as her brain had bid her adieu and left her to get lost in his presence, rise up to meet his descending mouth.

She knew her behavior had been unprofessional but the fact was known to her that if Arjun needed her for her professional service, he would have no qualms in contacting her.

She shook her head and vehemently agreed with her cowardly take off; after all, if she would have stayed even a minute more, she would have devoured him right then and there, she was sure especially now, noticing the manner in which her body reacted to him in pure raw abandonment.

She touched her lips and groaned; his lips were so soft, his tongue teasing, licking, driving her senseless as she felt plunged in deep, shimmering heat.

Countless summer nights had she lain awake in the last eight years, in her bedroom, restless and agitated, listening to her heart beating furiously remembering his hot, fiery kisses. The way her body on its own had always molded to his, the way they had always fitted; showcased to them and all sundry that they had been perfect, just right for each other.

Radhika had longed to be free from her past, from those sweet, painful memories but she hadn't had the nerve. Her heart had refused to do her bidding, it had never relented her to let go of him. Instead, she had forced herself into her work, replacing the emptiness created by him in her life. She tried her best to live up to everyone's expectations, all the while secretly grieving the loss of her love.

Pathetic! She whispered to herself.

Radhika, you’re one pathetic woman.

He might be a man who made her want him, outrageously lose all her control but she wasn’t some kept woman. She tapped her head lightly on the steering wheel and zoned her eyes as she screamed at herself, don’t you dare forget his betrayal ever.

He might look like a Greek God, make her want to do naughty things to him but he had broken her heart and she would not lose this battle of love v/s lust.

Because, Radhika was sure; that was what it was, simple and straight; lust.

Nothing more, nothing less.

With that thought ingrained in her mind, she turned her key and drove to her office.

…………………………

Arjun stood motionless and tight lipped; he couldn’t digest his purely insensible and dense action.

He had changed especially in the last eight years. He thought he had become responsible. The crash was a culmination of a life of bad choices, it had been because of her and it had spurred a wake-up call for Arjun.

He'd realized that night that he needed a change, and, lost himself in building a life for himself. All of a sudden, his days had been filled with purpose, something he hadn't even realized he'd needed until he had it.

After Radhika had left hurriedly, Arjun crossed to the window and looked out over the busy street below his office. With her gone, the room seemed to echo, as if he alone wasn't enough to fill the space. He stared awhile longer, watching the traffic pass, the people walk by, the dogs chase each other. Then the sun began to drop a bit lower in the sky, washing the street with gold.

Arjun turned away from the window to the desk.

He knew himself to be a man of strong principles, with deep passions and convictions. Never before had the strength of those desires aroused him in such a manner as had her presence.

Radhika Verma.

Her hand had been warm, and even through the cotton of his shirt, he could feel her touch, as if she'd branded him.

Her bright eyes had captured her, willing him to get lost in them; seep in her vulnerabilities that had clenched his heart and awakened a suppressed feeling that had resonated throughout his body.

If he hadn’t stopped, then……..

He slumped in the chair behind his huge desk, planted his feet on top of the new market strategy file he was supposed to be reviewing, and pressed his temple between his hands. Could anything get his mind out of that tempting woman?

No. Nothing would.

Radhika.

How about if he switched to thinking about something else for a minute? That’d be a nice change. He gave it his best effort for ten seconds…and no. Couldn’t pull it off, which was a sad commentary on her superhuman powers over him.

Freaking gorgeous.

Her toned legs that had been on full display, flaring hips that gave way to a tiny little waist, and the additional flare of a generous pair of breasts, a perfect hourglass; had him losing all his senses.

She was curvy at the right places and curvy was good.

God! Curvy was fantastic, he lived for curvy.

She also had a stunning face that could stop traffic a mile back. That light in her eyes when they glazed over with lust had him nearly come undone.

He needed this to be over, he needed to walk away from his past. Could he let the hunger inside him be satisfied before leaving his past behind?

He sighed as he ran his hand over his face, he had to get this project to its successful completion as soon as it was possible and then he would remove Radhika Verma with her sensuous charms from his life, senses and mind - forever. 

……………

After a hard day of work, without any physical or mental intrusion by Arjun Khanna, Radhika was ready to leave her office building when she bumped into her colleague, Arnish Oberoi. He stopped her with a humor filled laugh and demanded she explain him her new assignment.

 She conceded giving him only publicly available details.

"You're obviously good at what you do, Radhika. Bagging all the heart-pounding assignments," Arnish offered her a winning smile.

"I hope you weren’t listening as a shrink." She raised her brows in witty query.

"I would have loved to dissect it up but we're old friends, Radhika. And as you always turn my offer of a date down, I would say till then this should be enough for both of us, don't you think?" he smiled good-naturedly.

 It'll have to be, she told herself.

But she laughed and shook her head,” You…you flatterer.”

Arnish made a big show of holding her hand in his and kissing it.

She was just sinking into the conversation when the sound of footsteps filled the large hallway.

She could feel her legs turn to cement, she somwhow managed to turn. Her hands shook wildly, and her heart…why couldn’t it stop pounding?

There was a beat of silence, followed by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Clearing of his throat.

And then gruff words that made her heart turn into cinder," Radhika. I will see you tomorrow in my office at two."

Arjun leveled his inscrutable gaze at her, as if he enjoyed making her squirm. He narrowed his eyes at her company and stared at their still joined hands.

Radhika straightened her shoulders, refusing to be bullied, she shook her hand out of Arnish’s and said,” Alright, Mr. Khanna. I will be there on time.”

Arjun looked at her, nodded his head and walked away.

“Was that ‘the’ Arjun Khanna? I knew he had come to meet Mr. Mathur, I was hoping to bump into him. A ruthless, successful businessman, it’s not every day you get to be up and personal with a celebrity; but he scares me a bit, it seems he has an effect on you too? Arnish fawned over Arjun.

Radhika’s heart refused to listen to her and soared at Arnish’s unbridled praise and appreciation for Arjun. She was proud of him, his stature and his success.

To Arnish, she said, "He doesn’t scare me."

Arnish snorted his laughter, "Then I’m pretty sure you’re the only one. “

She simply shrugged her dainty shoulders.

“He looks too powerful, you know he exudes power like no one else. I respect and admire that,” Arnish added.

Radhika chuckled, "Most brilliant men do. But I think the terms determined and assertive would suit him more."

………….

They continued chatting for some time before she took his leave and left for her home.

Arnish was the kind of man a woman wanted to make a life with, pity Radhika did not feel anything for him. He was sweet, a terrific listener, polite, handsome and carried his intelligence with charm.

Someone tell that to her heart, that disloyal organ only thudded for one man.

But then what healthy woman wouldn't be enthralled by all that lean muscle, those good looks, and the brains behind the brawn? She hadn't expected to be so intrigued by him—his thoughts, his manner, his kindness. It was as if those years when she was with him had not existed. He had changed too much. And she was clear she wanted to keep their relationship friendly but professional.  That was the only healthy option for both of them.

And yet…somewhere her disappointment crushed her. At least she was admitting it to herself.

He's your past.

Oh my, the kiss had been damn hot. She could still feel his exquisite taste in her mouth, making her want more of him, all of him and pooling her lower abdomen in molten desire. 

She squeezed the water off her hair, before she stepped out of the steaming stall and dried off.

A fast evening drive, with the feel of her car zooming, with music blasting, trickling and soaking her very soul and a cup of coffee was what she needed to forget that scintillating kiss.

She wiped away the condensation from her mirror and looked at the reflection of her flushed face and wild hair. Her routine had been shot to hell with one devastating kiss.

Life was short.

Instant connections were rare, deeper connections often once-in-a-lifetime. She should grab whatever she could lay her hands on. Love won't get another opportunity and lust could definitely be quenched. 

But she owed it to herself not to give up.  

………….

Five miles from home and her stupid cell phone as dead, her car slowed down and completely halted.

"Thanks a lot, beauty," Radhika muttered to her car, climbing from it and giving the front tire a half-hearted kick. "You just had to die miles away from civilization."

She popped the hood and fanned the smoke that poured out.

As if on cue, a sleek convertible pulled up beside her.

Wariness prickled at the nape of her neck, but then she caught sight of the driver—broad shoulders, dark hair, tan skin and pure masculine charisma.

The oxygen drained sharply from her lungs, her fingers froze on the hood of the car. Almost immediately, her heart took off in a sprint. Oh God. Was it actually…

God, no. Not him.

"Need some help?" he called, his reliable car taunting her ruffled up one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 50.6K 94
#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #55 in werewolf (Highest rankings) "You a...
59.1K 4.6K 29
Highest Ratings: #1 in 'India' , #1 in 'Painful Memories' **************************************************** Rihan and Suhani broke up. Rihan and S...
16.4K 2.5K 52
After meeting each other, Darshan Raval & Navya Shekhawat realize that they're meant to be more than just friends. But the pain of a lost love, the f...
35K 4.3K 44
❝Our love douses us in flames. It's terrible and deep and wingless, but I'll burn here if you burn here too.❞ ───※ ·❆...