My College Life | ✓

By angellover254

(The second installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone) Meet John Ace, the hot shot at campus. Wi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 31

137K 3.7K 442
By angellover254

Cover to the right is made by XxRose_ :)

(NOT EDITED)

***

Amanda's POV~

I'll do anything for you because I like you a lot.

That sentence was only eleven words, but to me, it seemed so much more. He sounded so sincere, and his eyes; they held a fire in them that I'd never seen before.

“T-thanks.” Even as I said it, I didn't know if it was the right thing to say. But I couldn't say 'I like you too', because just yesterday night, I told John I wasn't going to jump into his arms. And this shouldn't be any different. So what if he just did the most sweetest thing on earth for me? The deal wasn't done yet, so I can't give in. Not yet.

He looked a bit sadden by my response, but his joyful expression came back when I took the flower from his hands, smiling.

“You're welcome,” he said, giving me a big grin. “Like I said before, I'll do anything for you.” He gave me a wink, and then pointed his finger behind him. “So, um . . . want to hit the books now?”

Ignoring his playful wink, I shook my head. “Sure, but before that, mind telling me how you even got all of this together in one night?” There's no way he could have done all of that by himself in such a short period of time. He had to get help. And that help had to be Danny. He was the only person that came to mind that actually didn't mind helping John out once in awhile.

“I didn't have any help . . .” His tone wavered, as his eyes drifted off from me, looking at the stack of books behind him. By that simple act, I could tell he was lying.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. “Right,” I said in a sarcastic tone. I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for him to give in and tell me the truth.

“Fine,” he concluded ten seconds later, breaking down under my intense gaze. “I had help. I asked a few buddies of mine if they could tape some of the sticky notes for me, but they all wanted their precious sleep,” he said the last bit in an annoyed tone. “So, in the end I dragged Danny out of bed.”

I shook my head, laughing softly under my breath. Typical John. “Of course,” I said, blowing a piece of my hair out of my face. Tucking it behind my ear, I gave him the look. Why did I even think for one split second that he had done all of this by himself even though I knew Danny had helped too?

“He only helped with the big arrow!” John added in, defending himself, when he saw my face. He probably read my thoughts. “I did everything else. I even had to get permission from some of the teachers to allow me to decorate on their building.”

“How did you even persuade them in the end?” I asked overlooking his outburst, a bit curious. To put it nicely, most of the teachers in the building, weren't that 'nice'. They wouldn't give in just like that. People always wanted something in the end.

He smirked. “Let's just say, I owe them something 'big'.”

If I had to guess, John promised them top scores so it would make them stand out as 'good' teachers, and an extravagant present on the side for them. And knowing John, he would achieve that just fine. He may not look like it, but he had always topped the charts in exam weeks, just like his sister. And getting something worth the price wasn't hard either. He was an Ace after all.

“What about Danny?”

“What about him?” John questioned, as his brow arched down in bewilderment.

“Don't you owe him anything for helping you?” I asked, placing my hands on my hips. Even though they're friends and all, Danny should at least get something in return. I mean, they had to of gotten up quite early for this. Which equals no sleep for either of them and this week was crucial.

He smiled, waving his hand at me. “Oh, of course I do. Last night before I went to talk to you about um our kiss—” He paused, his Adam apple bobbling up and down as his cheeks tinted pink. I blushed in return. “—I offered him to help him find a different house to stay at during winter break. He said that was payment enough.” 

My eyes bugged out, hearing that. Could it be? Was Danny safe this time? “Wait a minute . . . he's not staying with his dad's this coming break?”

“If I can find him a place to live at, then yeah.”

The smile on my face brighten up when I thought of something. “I know!” I cheered, the sparkle probably clear in my eyes. “Why not have him stay at your place? It's pretty spacious, and I'm sure your parents don't mind —”

“I can't,” John cut in, looking despondent.

“Why not?”

“My whole freaking family is staying over for the holidays, and Danny loath loud noises and being around people he doesn't know.” John sighed, and then continued on, “it was hard enough to convince him to let me help him out—”

I drowned out his last words, when another thought came to me. My parents! I remember them saying something about visiting my sister's fiancé and his family over winter break. Since they were both in college, and my parents were working most of the time, it was their only chance to arrange a get together. They told me they were leaving on the 20th, the day I was suppose to get back in town.

“Danny can stay with me then,” I said cheerily, looking ecstatic, interrupting John. “My family is out of town and won't be coming back until the end of winter break, and I live close by to your house, so you can even hang out with him, and—”

“No,” John spoke harshly, as his blue eyes narrowed down at me. “He can't and will not do that.” He sounded definite.

My eyebrows furrowed down. “And why not?”

He groaned, slapping his face. “Amanda,” he said pronouncing my name carefully. “Do you even hear what you're saying!?”

Of course I did. I'm not an idiot. “Duh, I'm helping Danny by offering him to stay at my place.”

“Yeah. Alone,” he said stressing the last word.

“So?” I asked, not understanding what the big deal is. “Isn't that a good thing? He will be more comfortable then. You said he doesn't like 'noises'.”

He gave out a loud frustrated grunt. “No, it won't be. Even though he's my best friend, I can't have you guys living under the same roof for a whole month!”

“We technically won't be alone,” I said putting air quotes around the word 'alone'. “I have my staff remember?”

“The only staff you have is your maid and your cook. They only stay there during the day time hours. What happens when it turns ten, and they leave?”

“Then they leave.”

He took in a large gulp of air, pitching the bridge of his nose. “Amanda. Just please think about what's you're saying.”

“What's there to think?” Danny was Danny. He was my friend, and I wasn't going to let him go to his dad's place so he can get abuse again. If he wouldn't tell us who's doing it, as least I can keep him safe if I let him stay over at my place.

Even if my parents were there, they wouldn't really mind. I wasn't rich like the Ace's but my parents weren't middle class either. We had plenty of room in our home.

“He c-could—” He stopped, blushing. He looked down at his shoes, rocking back and forth, as he played with his fingers.

“He could what?” I urged him on, daring him to say it. 

His head snap up at the sound of my voice. “He could develop feelings for you!” he shouted at me, his face flaming red, his veins bulging out.

It was then that I'd realized; John Ace was jealous of his best friend. The one he trusted with his life. By the way his blue eyes pleaded with me to say no, I knew he was afraid. He was petrified that I would fall for him, or visa versa.

My face softened, as I stepped closer towards him. I lifted my hands, as I gently touched his cheek. His eyes shut closed, as he covered his large hand over my tiny ones.

“Don't worry John. That won't happen,” I assured him. I admit that before, when I was alone with Danny there was something there. I wasn't sure how to describe it, but the tension was evident. But that was a long time ago. I knew I only had feelings for John . . . and even though I don't want to accept it, I like John a lot more than I thought I did. Maybe my inner self was right. Maybe, I did love John. That was terrifying all on it's own.

He stared into my brown orbs. “How do you know that for sure?” he asked, sounding not as strong as he was a few seconds ago.

“I can't say anything for him,” I began to say, but quickly added in my next words when his face dropped, “but I can promise you I won't develop feelings for him. I-I like you John. And only you.” I couldn't look him in the eye when I'd said the last part out loud, but I knew his gaze was on me. The burning feeling in the air, gave it away.

“You finally said it.”

My head snapped up, not expecting him to say that. “What?” 

The corners of his lips tugged up. My breath hitched when I saw the biggest grin plastered on his face. He looked so handsome, so happy . . .

“You finally said you like me. You never actually said it out loud before,” he pointed out.

I bit my lips, as I thought back to all the moments I had with John since I'd gotten back from Thanksgiving break. From the first moment he said 'hi', to the Ferris wheel; to this. He was right. Not once did I uttered those three words to him.

I blushed. “Shut up,” I grumbled out, slapping him playfully.

He chuckled, probably enjoying this. “You're so cute,” he cooed, pitching my right cheek.

I slapped his hand away, as my cheeks redden some more, this time from embarrassment. “Whatever. Let's just get back to what we were talking about before this.”

John shook his head, taking my hand in his hands. He took the white rose from me and sat it down on one of the books behind him. He pulled me forward, crushing me to his chest.

“I rather not,” he whispered huskily, his breath hitting the sensitive spot in between my collarbone and my ear. “I want to hear you say you like me again.”

“John,” I whined pushing at his chest to get away, but he was too strong. He held me close, closer than before. To the point where I could literally breathe in his delicious scent. “Let go.”

“Your mouth says one thing but your body says another,” he said, probably smirking down at my head.

“Whatever,” I said, ignoring the stupid rapid beating of my heart, and the way John's body made me feel flushed against mine. It was making me really uncomfortable, but in a good way if you know what I mean. “Can we please just talk about Danny?”

He let out a sigh, and pushed me an inch apart from his face so he could look at me. “If this is what you really want—”

I nodded quickly, not wanting to waste any time.

“Fine. Deal,” he said, sounding a bit reluctant, “but only under two conditions.” He showed me two fingers.

I lowered my head once again, agreeing with him. Anything to get his mind off what I'd just said.

“One: I'm staying at your house too—”

Before I even had time to interrupt him, he held up a finger to my lips, silencing me. The look on his face told me he wasn't finish yet., “but Bell and Thomas can stay there as well if they choose to do so.”

I thought this over. I guess if Izzy stayed there, it wouldn't be that bad. It would be just be like old times—with two added additions.

“Okay. Fine. I guess that would be doable.” I'll do whatever it takes to get him to agree to let Danny stay over at my place. It was just an added plus that he knew Izzy and Thomas so it wouldn't be a big deal for him. Plus, they weren't loud. They knew how to keep quiet—well when they're separated.

John smiled, crushing me back to his hard chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a soft squeeze. “Thought so,” he said happily.

Trying not to roll my eyes at him, for the second time today, I said, “What about your second condition?”

“Oh that.” By the tone of his voice, I knew he had something up his sleeves. “I just thought before we tell Danny about the new arrangements and before I help you out with your studies, you could give me a little kiss,” he teased.

Pushing back that tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach, I stepped out of his hold. “What does that have to do with anything!?”

He grinned, folding his arms. “It doesn't. But now that I know you like me as much as I like you, I want you to kiss me.”

Taking in a large gulp of air, I tried not to punch that hot face of his in. “John, you know the deal—”

“Forget about that deal,” he rushed in, “we both know that you already forgave me.” I rolled my bottom lips into my mouth when he said that. It was true, I have. Even though I didn't want to admit that out loud. 

“Amanda,” he groaned, “please don't do that.”

“Do what?”

“That.” He pointed to my lips. “It's driving me crazy.”

Looking at his lust filled eyes, I gulped nervously. I automatically stopped what I was doing, and side-stepped him. Pulling my seat out, I grabbed a random textbook.

I cleared my throat. “So . . . let's get studying, shall we?”

***

So, as you know this story was 'on hold' for two weeks or so. It was mostly because I had no idea what to write next, but also because I wanted to finish my other story 'Wattpad Infatuation?' first. But now since that is finish, I can focus on this story before I Ieave for college in about twelve days. 

I'll try to write as much as possible before I leave though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 851 51
How did it come down to this? Standing in the hallways, the known bad boy of town defending her, the freak, from barbie one, barbie two, and deadbrai...
321 144 82
You know that feeling when the player of the school suddenly picks interest in you? "What do you want?" I faced him. He was really getting on my nerv...
41.7K 7K 44
[Featured on @Mystery's Bright Young Minds Reading List] [Bootcamp Mentorship Winner '22] This Valentine's Day, Cupid gets a little deadly. *** When...
22.9K 5.1K 84
Highest rank 1# in Chicklit 10/05/18 |Book 1 of sequel NO| Trailer inside! Emma Skys has had a traumatic experience, and when the whole school finds...