Chapter 14

Cover by SalvatoreSisters :) (Your other banner will be on the next chapter as well! Chapter 15 will be your dedication)

Anyways happy early birthday dimitrilover2720 :)

***

John's POV~

"Wait for me!" I heard Jeyleen scream from behind me. Her footsteps loudly pounded against the floor, indicting that she had probably taken off her heels a while back.

Danny froze when he heard his sister's voice. "Um... listen man—" he started off before I cut in. I already knew what he was going to ask. Sometimes we need time apart from our family (even if it's just for a minute), especially when Jeyleen kept hitting Danny every time Logan came on, screaming, "Oh my God! He's so hot!"

I cracked a smile. "Don't worry, you go on ahead. I'll keep her entertained."

He gratefully breathed out a sigh of relief before he rushed into the bathroom, the door swinging closed.

I chuckled. I guess he wasn't joking when he said he needed to use the bathroom. And here I thought he just wanted to get away from Jeyleen, like I did. Don't get me wrong, I love Jeyleen, but sometimes she can be a little bit over the top, if you know what I mean.

Putting a smile on my face, I twisted my neck around to see Jeyleen running towards me. Huffing, she flipped her hair out of her face, trying to catch up to me. She waved, remote in hand.

"Where's Danny?" was the first thing she asked when she finally managed to get in front of me.

I shrugged. "Not sure."

She rolled her eyes at me, crossing her arms. "Uh huh." Tapping her foot, she gave me the 'I-know-you're-lying-so-tell-me' look. Too bad it didn't work. Plus, I bet she already knew where Danny was—the same place she was going to.

"Anyways," I said, switching topics, "thanks for helping me with Amanda."

She blinked, caught off guard. "Um, you're welcome?" she said it like a question, probably wondering where I was going with this.

"I'm serious," I told her, "if you hadn't told me how big of a douche I was acting around her or giving me the perfect opportunity to apologize, I think we would still be fighting."

She giggled. "Of course! Calling you a douchebag was the highlight of my night."

"Ha-ha," I faked laughed, "and kissing you was the highlight of my night."

She gave me a 'what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about' expression, looking completely lost. "You didn't kiss me."

Not yet.

I grinned, bending down and giving her a small peck on the corner of her lip. "Thanks for everything, Jeyleen," I whispered huskily into her ear, laughing when I saw the red creeping up her neck.

"Shut up!" She pushed against my chest, wiping the kiss away like it was a disease.

As I caught my balance, I pouted. "Hurtful."

"Don't do that again!" she screeched, pointing a finger at me.

"Aww, you used to love my kisses," I teased, pinching her cheeks. Sometimes it's too fun messing with her. It's just way too funny.

She slapped my hands away, glaring at me. "I-I did not!" she stuttered, turning a brighter red.

While she was blushing like mad, Danny came out, giving us both a curious glance.