Mated To A Jerk |✓

By ranchchips

Being mated to the future alpha isn't a breeze, especially for Cassandra. Wanna know why? Because he's a flat... More

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|

|37|

6.2K 205 19
By ranchchips

I peeled my eyes open, squinting when there was a bright light flashing in my face.

"Sorry." A voice muttered, and the bright light was turned off. There was another light on, but it wasn't as bright.

I sat up from the small, uncomfortable mattress and rubbed my eyes. When I looked at the person, it was somebody I didn't recognize.

"Who are you?" I asked, slightly aware of my surroundings.

"Oh, sorry." She chuckled and rubbed her hands nervously, like she was ecstatic to be in my presence. "I'm Doctor Dean. You hit your head pretty hard when you fell."

"Huh?" Wasn't I attacked by June and Gabriel?

"Miss. Matthews, at dinner you stood on a counter to reach something like a bowl in the cabinet, but you slipped, fell off, and bashed your head on the island counter-top." She explained.

"B-but-" the door opened before I could ask about the attack, and Chase walked in. When he saw I was awake he gave me a look, which basically told me to shut up for now. I clamped my mouth shut and waited patiently.

"Is her head alright? Nothing too serious?" He asked Dr. Dean, and she shook head.

"Just some minor injuries to the left side of her skull, I prescribed a medicine to help the pain that will occur for the rest of the week, and I advise she stays out of physical activity for awhile. I need you to sign here." She grabbed a paper and pen and handed it to Chase, who didn't hesitate to sign. Once that was taken care of and I got my medicine, we were out the door with an ice pack pressed against my head.

"What-"

"Sh." Chase quickly interrupted. I shut my mouth and continued to follow Chase down the multiple white halls in silence. Once we were in his car, the questions started to pour out.

"Why did she tell me I fell instead of mentioning my attack? What happened when I was unconscious? How long was I out? Am I going to di-"

"I decided to keep her out of the loop on the details of your injury, so that news wouldn't spread and I can keep the pack in less of a frenzy." He pulled out of the parking lot.

"When you fell unconscious people heard, came down, and the two scrambled away before their identity was shown. You were out the rest of the night and to this afternoon, and no, Cassy, you are not going to die." He finished with a sigh. I nodded and looked out my window.

"If people know about the attack then maybe people would be more on alert for me-"

"They don't need to get in your problems, Cassandra." I was shocked at his firm tone. He hardly called me Cassandra unless he was serious. And I was also shocked that he was basically calling me vain.

"I wasn't trying to-"

"I know you didn't mean it like that, but you have to see this problem through a leaders eyes, and not a selfish pack member's. As a leader we need to make sacrifices, even if they are dangerous to ourselves. Pack members are selfish, and only want everyone to sacrifice for them, and that is what brings them down to being cocky about themselves. They think they are everything more than the other. You will not be that way." I stayed silent.

After that awkward talk with Chase we reached the pack house. Before the car was completely stopped I got out and went inside without a word. How could Chase suddenly think I was self centered? Does he not know that he was the one that was self centered originally?

Knowing I couldn't go to our room because he would find me there, I went to the theatre room. It was dark since it wasn't occupied, but I just sat down in one of the red cushioned chairs. Ever since my experiences lately, I felt safer and more comfortable in the dark. It called out to me.

Everything was quiet until the lights flickered on and then off again. I turned on alert towards the light switches, but nobody was there. Thinking it was a random light fixture glitch I faced forward again and sat in my original silence.

Then it flickered a few more times at a faster speed. I stood up and looked at it confused. I eyed the switch on the wall when it started to flicker without any signs of stopping.

But then I understood what was happening. Lucifer was about to make an appearance because I was alone.

I jumped over the rows of seats in a large speed, and I started screaming for help so somebody would come and accompany me. The lights burst from the constant flickering, and I finally made it out of the room with my ice pack in hand. My heart was hammering from fear as I tried to catch my breath. The hall I was in had multiple worried people who were giving me concerned looks.

"Miss. Matthews, are you alright?" An older man asked cautiously. I hesitated before answering with a nod.

"Y-yeah, sorry."

"What happened?"

"J-just some mind trickery from my kidnapping. Sorry for bothering you-"

"No problem at all. You didn't feel safe, and we want to make sure you always do, since you are our future Luna." A woman told me with a smile. I nodded and gave the best smile I could.

"Thanks." I started towards the living room, but somebody grabbed my arm. It was Drew, but he sported no Mandy beside him.

"The girls need to see you. They've been miserable." He told me in a serious tone. I nodded, suddenly remembering them.

"Can I visit them tomorrow?" I asked, and he gave me a little disappointed look, but nodded anyway.

"Yeah, I'll tell them you need more rest."

"Thanks." I turned, but looked at him again. "Please don't tell Chase about what happened?" I gave him a hopeful look, but he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Sorry, Cassy, but considering what we just had you through I better inform him about everything that happens. It's so it won't happen again, and so that you will be okay permanently."

"But-"

"I know how he will get, but it's for the best."

"Fine." I turned sharply and decided to just go to my room, since I knew Chase would be there and I would be safe in someone else's presence. Everyone is pissing me off lately, though.

When I walked in I spotted Chase was sitting at his desk. He looked exasperated with the multiple stacks of papers on his desk as he tried to figure it out.

"Hiding from me?" He asked without looking up. He sounded a little mad, but I ignored his moodiness.

"Maybe." I went to my closet and looked for comfortable clothes like pajamas. I could hear his phone erupt in noise as he started receiving a call. I thanked the universe for this great timing as I grabbed a large shirt of Chase's and leggings. I turned and checked to see Chase wasn't looking and started striping quickly.

"What?!" Chase exclaimed and I flinched in surprise. "Alright, I'll talk to her....Bye." Oh god, it was about me, that won't be good.

Just before Chase turned around I barely pulled up my leggings. My cheeks still flushed, even though he didn't see my undergarment.

"Why didn't you first tell me about what just happened in the theatre room?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, close to his desk, and gave him a whiny face.

"Can we not do this now?" I complained, and he stood up, walking over and sitting next to me. Surprising me because of his current mood, he pulled me in a hug and we laid down next to each other.

"I need you safe, Cassy."

"I know-"

"He told me you said it was just hallucinations from the kidnapping, but I know you better."

"I just didn't want them worried about me. They're already worried enough about their future Luna. Plus they don't need to be involved in my issues."

"So what did happen?" He asked, and I told him, even my suspicions of Lucifer. He stayed silent for a few minutes before replying.

"I don't want you alone."

"Yeah, I'll stay by someone-"

"No, Cassandra, you don't understand." I sat up and looked at him confused. "You will have to be by my side, or somebody I trust like your friends or Drew or Hunter, and that is not up for argument." He sat up and walked over to his desk.

"Wait, what if I need to shower or use the bathroom?"

"I'll be in the bathroom, but nobody else will. If I'm not available, don't go at all."

"Woah, I'll relieve myself when I need to-" he turned and looked at me, his eyes turning a dark black.

"If I'm not available you don't go at all." He said with his jaw set. I glared at him, but he ignored it and sat down, working on his papers again. I groaned and rolled onto the bed.

Stupid Chase. Stupid Lucifer. Stupid powers. Stupid Hell. Stupid destiny.

•••

Sorry for bad ending and late update, but lately I haven't been feeling good :\

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 673 49
**COMPLETED** ***CURRENTLY EDITING*** "Oh babe, the more you start to dig up about me, the more you'll discover I'm not who you may think I am," he w...
789K 26.1K 37
Cassandra is the youngest child to the alpha of the Blue Silver Pack by three minutes. Unlike her older twin brother, Nicholas, she is wild, goofy an...
843K 19K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...
796K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...