We're a Family

Soccerstar2015 tarafından

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... Daha Fazla

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(16) No Ice!

3.2K 65 4
Soccerstar2015 tarafından

Carli's POV

"Car." I hear someone say while shaking me from my sleep. "Car come on. Recovery starts in half an hour." I grown, but slowly open my eyes to be matched with piercing blue ones.

"Morning Hoppers." I rasp out with a small smile. "Did you sleep good?"

"Julie woke up hurting twice." she sighs rubbing her face. "Once at two and once at six."

"Oh gosh." I say sitting up. "Where is she right now?" I asks looking around. Our bouncing little defender is missing.

"She's down in her and Morgan's room getting ready." answers  Hope sipping on her coffee. "Carls you've got to get up. We're going to be late." I groan but do as told. I throw on some training shorts and a shirt before throwing my warm ups over my shoulder. I slip on my Nike's before grabbing my phone and heading with her out and down the hall.

"How did JJ feel when she left this morning?" I asks while we wait for the elevator.

"She seemed alright, but she's tired. I hardly got her up for breakfast." says Hope.

"Breakfast?" I wonder stepping onto the lift as the doors open. I click the button labeled "L" before leaning against the back wall. "Why didn't you wake me up to?"

"You looked exhausted."  she explains looking down guiltily. "Shit Carli." she says suddenly looKing up and kicking the wall. "I got you coffee and a bagel, but I left it in the microwave."

"It's alright Hope." I say putting my hands on her shoulders. "Relax," I laugh, "It's fine. I was just messing with you Hopey." She smiles softly and shrugs me off.

"I still feel bad. We're about to go down here for at least two or more hours and you haven't gotten to eat yet." she says sighing. "Dawn's going to kill me. She told me to make sure you ate something when she caught Julie and I leaving this morning."

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her." I smirk winking. Hope rolls her eyes while walking into the lobby.

"We're supposed to go to the pool right?" she asks pulling her hair up in a pony tail. "I think they've got me set for a massage so I don't have to get wet."

"I'm ice bathing, like always." I smile putting my arm over her shoulder and walking the rest of the way with her.

"Mom!" squeals Julie after noticing us. "Guess what!"

"What?" playfully questions Hope catching her.

"Moe and I just beat Alex and Tobin in Monopoly Deal so they have to buy us ice cream!" beams JJ proudly. I chuckle and kiss her forehead. "Oh good morning Mama!"

"Good morning love bug." I grin. "Did you make plans for today yet?"

"Yeah I'm going with KO and Christen. Kelley has some friends that live here so we're going with her to visit." says Julie giving a little side hug. At least it's something.

"Okay kiddo." I nod and look over her head to Hope. "Are we still going with Cap, Becky, and them to explore?"

"Uh yeah. Pinoe, Syd, Alex, and Kling are coming too I think." she answers reading the white board with our assignments on it. "JJ, hun, you've got to ice with Mama." Julie audibly groans and hides her face in my shoulder pouting.

"Baby it's not that bad." I tell her rubbing her back.

"Yeah after like the first minute or two you're numb so you don't feel it anymore." resures Hope. I glare at her. That is not what she needs to be saying right now. Julie hates icing, hates it. She's been known to try to fake a cold so she doesn't has to get in.

"C'mon JB. Let's just get this over with, yes?" I reason pulling her toward the small pool that's set up and away from Hope. I take my shoes and socks off before slipping on my ice bath booties. "Julie, c'mon take off your shoes love. Do you want me to tie up your shirt in the back?" She stares back and me nervously and the glances at the freezing water. She slowly starts to back away so I grab her hand to stop her. "If you do this like the big girl you are, I'll buy you all the chocolate you could ever ask for today while I'm out." I bargain hoping to shake her. She continues to hesitate so I add, "You can sleep in whomever's room you like for the next two days too. You don't have to ask permission you just have to tell me where you are." 

"Deal." nods Julie putting on a brave face. I smile and pat her back.

"That's my girl." I hold her steady as she gets barefooted. Once she gets done I spin her around and put her shirt up so it doesn't get wet. I do the same with mine because I left my extra one upstairs. I grab her hand and step in. "Ready princess?" She looks at me nervously so I slowly start to sit making her have to come closer. Finally we get to the point of me hardly squatting over the water and her toes pressed against the plastic edge of the kiddie pool. "Baby please." She hesitantly puts one foot in so I sit all the way down and reach my other arm out to her. She takes a seat and snuggles into my side. I know she's just trying to get as much warmth as she can, but I still smile at the gesture. I set a timer for half an hour on my phone before resting my cheek on top of her head. "I love you Julie Bug."

"I love you too." she says through gritted teeth. "Mama I'm c-cold."

I laugh and kiss her forehead, "I know pretty girl. Only twenty eight more minutes and you can go with KO and CP..." I trail off looking at the big pool where some teammates are doing exercises. I shake my head as Moe and Tobin splash Amy. I get brought back to reality by a splatter of freezing water on my face. Julie's giggles fill my ears making me look over at her. 

"Hi Mama!" she smirks flicking more water onto me. I smirk back and put a piece of ice down the back of her shirt. "MAMA!" she shrieks desperately trying to get it out. 

"Llyod what are you doing to that poor girl?" yells Pinoe from the other side of the room. 

"Car's a jerk!" spits Julie scooting away from me.

"Aw J Bug I was just-"

"No." she says stubbornly. 

"Julie-"

"No Carli." she says angrily trying to control her chattering teeth. I frown sadly and move away uncomfortably. She called me "Carli", "Carli". I was just playing with her! I didn't think I'd lose my "Mama" title so easily! She can't do that can she? I quickly look down and blink back my tears. I think I lost my baby girl over a piece of ice. 

Hope's POV

I smile happily and stretch my arms over my head, "Thank you Johannah. That was exactly what I needed."

"No problem Hope! Enjoy your time off!" she calls after me as I leave and head back down the hall to where I last saw Car and JJ. I go to open the door, but it gets pushed from the other side. Julie runs past me still dripping wet from the waist down. 

"Julie!" I yell after her, but she keeps going towards the elevator. I walk into the room and immediately look for Carli. I find her sitting on a bench in the corner putting on her shoes. As I get closer to her I notice her shivering and a puddle starting to form on the ground under her. I grab a towel and wrap it around her shoulders while squatting in front of her. "What happened?" I ask softly.

"We were just playing Hope and and-" she starts before beginning to hyperventilate. "she she she-"

"Car breathe." I say taking her hands in mine. "In and out." I model. "That's it Carls." I praise smiling at her. "Slow down and talk to me."

Carli takes a deep breath and rubs her face before meeting my eyes, "She splashed me so jokingly I put a piece of ice down her shirt. She then got mad and called me Carli instead of 'Mama'."

"Oh Car." I say moving to where I'm sitting next to her. "I'm sure she didn't mean it. She's on her period so you know she's not thinking straight. She has terrible mood swings this time of month."

"No matter what I do it's never good enough." mumbles Carli laying her head on my shoulder. "Why can't she love me the same as she does you?" I sigh and play with my hands. Julie is pretty tough on her. All Carli ever does is try and JJ just pushes her away. "I'm doing all I can think of. What should I do Hope?"

"How about I talk to her?" I suggest looking down at her. "I'll see what's going on in that head of hers. I'm sure she was being dramatic though. I know she loves you Car."

"I didn't mean to upset her Hope." says Carli sadly. "I was just messing around with her."

"I know that." I say nodding at her. "JB's been pretty hostile to you lately hasn't she?" She hesitates so I know the answer without having to hear her say it. "You go out with the girls today. I'm going to stay here and see what's up with our little princess."

"Isn't she visiting someone with Kel and Press?"

"Not anymore she's not." I say patting her knee and standing up. "Go get some dry clothes on before you get sick."

"Alright, alright." she softly smiles. "I love you Hopey."

"Love you too Carls."

-a few minutes later upstairs with Julie-

"JB open this door young lady. I'm not going to ask you again." I say for the umpteanth time. 

"Just a second Mom!" she yells. I hear some banging around before her cursing, "Shit!"

"I heard that!" I comment knocking on the door again. "Julie Beth you have until I count to three to have this door open!" I warn before beginning to count. "One. Two." I huff in frustration and bang my fist against the door. "Julie I am not playing with you! Open the door!" I finally hear footsteps from the other side and it swings open. She stands there with a cheeky grin on her face.

"Bye Mom! Kel, Pressy, and I are leaving!" she declares taking a step around me. I grab her arm and pull her back into her room with me. "Hey! Mom!"

"You're not going out today." I state pushing her to her bed. "Sit." She rubs her arm and glowers at me. I cut my eyes at her making her shrink back uncomfortably. "We need to discuss how you have been treating Mama. You've been absolutely terrible to her lately Julie Beth and I am extremely disappointed in you." 

"I have not!" she argues sitting up. "That's not fair!"

"What's not fair?" I question raising my voice making her gulp and sit back. "That you've been an absolute brat to Carli when she's done nothing but been great to you?! That's what's not fair!" I notice the tears start to build up in her eyes so I take a deep breath and pace across the room to try to calm myself down some. "Explain to me what makes you think that it is okay for you to be so hostile to her."

"Nothing." she murmurs examining her shoes. I wait for her to say something else, but she stays quiet. 

"That is not an answer Julie Beth." I scold taking the desk chair and putting in right in front of the bed. I sit and cross my arms at her. "I can stay here all day until you get to talking."

"I don't know." she says playing with her hands. I close my eyes tightly and pinch my nose. 

"So were you just disobeying what I've told you over and over and over again?" I ask annoyed. "Julie you most certainly know you're not to be mean or disrespectful to anyone. Especially not disrespectful to your Mama or I."

"I'm sorry." she mumbles continuing to look down. 

"Oh you're going to be." I say standing up. She looks at me curiously. "You're grounded until further notice. I want your phone and laptop please." 

"Mom!" she whines pouting. "I'm sorry! I'll be nice! I promise!"

"No ma'am." I reply shaking my head. "Hand them over." She huffs but gathers them for me and I take them. "I'm going to go catch up with the girls and you are going to stay right here. If I find out that you've left this room before I come back you are going to be in loads of trouble."

"Yes ma'am." she pouts flopping down on her bed and taking the TV remote. 

"Don't watch anything inappropriate." I warn. She nods and snuggles into her pillow. "Alright I'm going to go. When I come back I want you to talk to your Mama, okay? I love you." I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you too." she utters still sounding a little mad. Oh well. She'll live.

"I put some ibuprofen in your bathroom. Bye princess." I say blowing her a kiss and walking out the door.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

64.5K 1.6K 32
An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic.
7.2K 224 15
Someone once said "Relationships are like glass, sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself putting the pieces back together."...
155K 4.4K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
33.3K 1K 25
Former USWNT players, Kelley O'Hara and Hope Solo have been married for a few years now. Kelley learns that Hope has cheated on her while she is expe...