Crimson

By anystasya

||Barry Allen|| Where a sarcastic blonde clashes with a sweet brunette. A team that even Central City certain... More

author's note
synopsis
awkward hugs and train stations
barry allen
unpacking is for the weak
mornings with pippin hart
the flash and his groceries
movie night
who is cisco ramon
pippin goes out
next stop: hell
signs of trouble
together again
meet the parent
awkward conversations 101
how to survive a kidnap
finding felicity
saving felicity
this girl is on fire
hospitals are never fun
squabbles are never fun
meet the other parent
trust's a game
game over
hope or lack thereof
hearts were made to be broken
hearts were made to be broken 2
dead or alive
run
first act
second act
the end

don't touch my fruitgushers

7.2K 237 187
By anystasya

^ flash doing flash-y things

Really excited because I think I'm gonna start writing another fanfic because this one is slowly drawing to a close

comment on which one you think I should start first:

Oliver Queen fanfic-

Poe Dameron fanfic-

Steve Rogers fanfic-

Original-

I'll tally up the votes each one gets and hopefully that will help me decide

-truthfully, I'm leaning more towards Poe Dameron and Steve Rogers-

If any of you need someone to talk to, I'm always here, just message me

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Pippin Hart wasn't good at talking about feelings.

It was deeper than her inability to knit, crochet, and maintain mind-numbing girl talk as she put it.

There were too many things to say and Pippin just didn't want to have to say them. That meant recollection of those things, that meant giving them the power to change someone's perspective of her and she had decided that she wasn't going to let them do that.

Everyone noticed her dimming sarcastic remarks, the way her eyes would sometimes glaze over in thought only for her to shake the look off with a quick jerk of the head, or how she wasn't comfortable being alone and would always be close to someone.

Roy, Thea, and Diggle's departure was foreseen but it didn't help the tightening of Pippin's chest as she watched them leave. Felicity and Oliver decided to stay in a hotel nearby, deciding to give Joe a rest. Pippin had contemplated going with them but Barry and Joe insisted she stay.

Chekov had disappeared for a while, the manor he had "rented" was empty when the police finally obtained a warrant and rushed the place in an effort to arrest him.
There was a storm brewing on the horizon and everyone knew it.

Crime had picked up, which Pippin guessed had something to do with Chekov, so the Flash had his days and nights planned out for him.
Pippin didn't really mind, Barry would have her come down to S.T.A.R. Labs so she wouldn't be alone.

That's where she was now.
There was a robbery in progress at some jewelry store which seemed to be the theme of the week.

"I just busted two guys for the same robbery last night. Do criminals not watch the news?"

Pippin popped another of Cisco's chips into her mouth while she swiveled around in Barry's "wheely chair" as she called it. Cisco had left her in charge of Barry's night while he fixed some things on Barry's spare suit in the back.

"I don't think it's their top priority, Bar."
Pippin scoffed, watching the screen for any blinking lights that meant crime.

"I wish it was. My job would be so much easier." Barry replied with another sigh.

Pippin sensed his morale going down so without really thinking, she blurted out: "How long would it take you to run around the world?"

It worked because Barry laughed.
"I'm glad we're asking the important questions here."

She laughed, breathing a little sigh of relief.

"Given at your current rate-" Cisco started to add his scientific mumbling to their conversation, his head poking out of the lab.

"Around the world in eighty days?"Pippin cut in, smiling when Barry scoffed.

"More like eight."

She rolled her eyes, even though he couldn't see. "Aren't we modest?"

He only chuckled. "It's weird to hear your voice in my ear instead of Cisco's."

A laugh left her lips as she heard the amusement in Barry's voice.

"If you want, I can call him back and he can talk in your ear." She shot back, hearing Barry chuckle.

"Police are on their way." He piped up again before sighing. "I'm taking a break, the police have this for now."

Pippin started to talk but only a few minutes later, Barry whizzed through the door, disappearing into the back room and reappearing with his normal clothes on.

"I kinda wanted to kiss you with the suit and see what it felt like." Pippin teased, throwing her arms around his neck.

He smiled, enveloping her in a tight hug.
"I mean, I could go put the suit back on."

A jolt of electricity ran down her spine when his lips brushed against her but despite the feeling, she shot him a glare. Of course that didn't stop him from burying his face in her neck and sighing in contentment.

"Ready? Reese just texted me saying he's already at Jitters." Pippin hid a smile when Barry groaned, planting a last kiss on her skin before leading her out of the room.

"We could bail," He started, turning his emerald gaze towards her.

"And do what exactly?" She played with the button of his coat, searching his eyes with a mischievous look.

"I could think of a couple of things." His voice gradually became lower until he leaned in to meet her lips with his. The kiss was sweet, sweet enough for Pippin to run her fingers through his soft hair and clutch his shirt tightly. Sweet enough for Barry to make a low sound in his throat, his hands settling on the curve of her waist and pulling her even closer to him. Then it wasn't as sweet anymore.

Unfortunately, Cisco decided to walk in from the lab, squeaking and covering his eyes.
Barry and Pippin both leapt apart, their lips flushed pink and hair wild.

"My poor eyes." Cisco groaned, Pippin hiding her face in Barry's shirt.

"Time for us to go." Barry chuckled awkwardly, patting Cisco on the shoulder while tugging a red-faced Pippin behind him.

"Well, that was mortifying." Pippin shuddered, finally finding her voice a few minutes into their walk.   Barry laughed, wrapping his arm over her shoulder which made her smile despite the awkwardness that had just gone down.  "I still enjoyed it." He responded, his eyes still dark and voice still husky.

"Keep talking like that and we may never get to the coffee shop." Pippin complained, her eyes darting to his lips for a fraction of a second before looking away again.

"What if Iris is here?" He stopped her in front of the shop door, a frown creasing his handsome features. She didn't miss how his fingers gripped hers a little tighter.

"If I can handle Chekov, Iris isn't a problem."
Pippin answered with a weak smile that made Barry slowly nod. He let Pippin peck his cheek, dragging him into the cafe. Iris, thankfully, was nowhere to be found but Halle, who was working the desk, waved an eager hello.

"Hey, you two." She glanced at their intertwined hands but didn't say anything, although her eyebrows shot up.
"Anything I can do for you?" She questioned after hello's and how are you's were given.

"One Flash, please." Pippin answered, unable to stop a smile from stretching across her lips.

"Same for me."Barry added which made her laugh. Halle nodded, looking confused at their amusement.

"Cannibal." Pippin whispered to Barry once Halle was out of earshot.
He only grinned.

Once their drinks were ready, it only took a small glance across the shop to find a certain annoying brunette.

"Reese, you forgot your binky at home." Was Pippin's greeting when she saw the beautiful, red-headed girl sitting next to him. He turned a bright shade of red that almost matched the girl's hair before sending Pippin a cross look.

"I made sure to pack him a spare before we went out." The girl added to Pippin's teasing, a sweet laugh leaving her throat when Reese turned his frosty look towards her.

"Pippin, Barry, this is Violet. Violet, these are my friends, Pippin and her boyfriend, Barry."
Reese grumbled out an introduction, well aware of how Pippin's cheeks had become a light pink at the mention of a boyfriend.

"Nice to meet you." Barry answered for the both of them, only squeezing Pippin's hand with a wide smile across his lips.

"It's wonderful to know Reese has one or two good friends." Violet sent a pointed look to Reese who only stared at his coffee.

"So are you two-" Pippin finally found her tongue, noticing how Reese's eyes darted to her and widened.

"Dating?" There was a twinkle in Violet's dark blue eyes with which she directed towards Reese after she had finished Pippin's question.
"Once he finally decides to ask me out, yes."

Pippin tried to hide the grin on her face when Reese almost fell out of his chair.

"I was waiting for the right time, Vi." He protested, running a hand through his dark hair.

"By the time you gathered enough courage to ask me out, I'd be seventy." She retorted with a snort before playing with one of his chocolate curls. "You're cute when you're flustered."

He tried to look angry but with the blush on his cheeks, it wasn't exactly working.

"A match made in heaven." Pippin suddenly heard Barry's warm voice in her own, smiling as she nodded. She let her gaze sweep across the coffee house, taking a sip of her drink as she did.

The door opened, time seeming to freeze when she saw who was coming through the door.
Icy blue eyes met her gray, a smile curling on his usually grim face. His bodyguards flanked him on either side but not too close that it was suspicious. Pippin held his gaze as long as she could, Chekov being the one to turn away to talk to the barista.

"We need to get out of here." Pippin blurted out, her chair screeching harshly against the floor as she pushed it back.
A few heads turned her way at the sound but after a second, returned to their own things.

"Why-" Barry looked up, his entire face dropping into a stony look. Reese was already grabbing Violet's arm and pushing her behind him.

"Ale-Pippin." The voice made her want to throw up but she managed to keep herself upright by squeezing Barry's hand tightly.

"What are you doing here?" She shot back, icy enough to freeze Chekov right in front of her but he only smiled.

"Best coffee in Central City."

"Leave us alone." Barry cut in, holding Chekov's gaze easily. Recognition crossed the terrible man's face as well as displeasure.

"I can't do that, you see,"

Barry's jaw tightened as Chekov started to speak.

"You have something of mine," At this, his empty blue eyes flicked towards Pippin with another terrible smile darting across his face.
"And I won't leave you alone until I take back what is rightfully mine."

Pippin saw Barry's knuckles turn white from how hard he was clenching his fist.

"You won't win this fight." Was all she could say before rubbing her fingers over Barry's knuckles and starting to pull him away.

"Neither will you." Chekov called after them, sending them a wave before they left the shop.

"Who was that?" Reese instantly asked, ready to question Pippin further if Violet hadn't placed her hand on his forearm and shot him a look which made him pause.

"Are you feeling all right, Pippin?" Violet offered, concern tinging her eyes. The blonde had closed her eyes, dreadful images running through her head.

She offered the redhead a smile before nodding weakly. "You two should head home. Be careful."

Violet nodded, offering a 'hope to see you again.'

"Call me, okay?" Reese mumbled to Pippin before he nodded to Barry and left.
Barry was already pulling her along the sidewalk when she finally caught her breath.
She only leaned into his side, clenching her eyes shut.

They were at the house before she knew it, Barry locking and bolting the door.
"Pack a bag, we're staying at S.T.A.R. Labs."

She only stayed rooted to the ground, staring at the door.

"Pippin," Barry tried a softer tone, holding her face in his warm hands.

"Why can't he leave me alone?" She snapped, one single tear trickling down her cheek. "Hasn't he done enough? Hasn't he killed enough? Hasn't he tortured me enough?" Her voice cracked at the end, Barry pulling her into his body and placing a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"I won't let him get you again." He whispered over and over, his whole body shaking in what Pippin guessed was anger.
She could only cling to his shirt and to his words, squeezing her eyes shut so she wouldn't cry.

The ringing of both of their phones made them share a look before Barry broke away to answer his and Pippin hesitantly dragged her finger across the screen of her own phone.

"Is Barry with you?"
Pippin recognized Felicity's voice, surprised at the urgency in her tone but still managing to answer a hoarse 'yes.'
"Good, stay with him at all times, Pippin. Do you understand?"

She was ready to ask what Felicity was talking about when Barry spoke, his words curt and angry.

"I don't understand. What are you trying to say?!"

Her attention snapped away from her phone call to Barry's. It always surprises her when he became like this- angry.
Barry was always the easy-going, happy one, a smile almost always dancing on his lips.
He wasn't smiling now.
In fact, his fingers were wrapped so tightly around his phone that she half-expected it to snap in half.

"Felicity, what's going on?" Pippin watched Barry start to pace, his other hand running through his hair.

"Turn on the TV."
Her eyebrows knotted together in a frown as she hesitantly walked over to the new TV Joe had to buy since Barry had punched in the old one.

The screen crackled to life, Elmo's World blaring over the speakers. She glanced at Barry with a raised eyebrow to which he only turned red. "Helps me sleep sometimes."
Pippin snorted before changing the channel to the news.

"And in recent reports, new city manager, Robert Hart, shuts down S.T.A.R. Labs."

They both froze, silently watching as Chekov's face popped up on the screen, on a podium, surrounded by reporters and a horde of people.

"This city has suffered enough from Harrison Well's mistakes. Too long have we allowed this man to continue his legacy here in Central City."

Pippin felt her blood freeze as his eyes locked with the camera, almost as if he knew she was watching and was staring right at her.

"My first task as city manager will be to eradicate all memory of Harrison Wells and hold him accountable for the particle accelerator tragedy, as well as his associates,"

It felt like a punch in the stomach when Chekov continued.

"Barry Allen, Caitlyn Snow, Cisco Ramon, and Ronnie Raymond."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 633 11
All City have heros. Starling City have the Arrow team with Oliver Queen, John Diggles, Laurel Lance and Felicity Smoak. But this story talk about th...
43.8K 1.8K 62
"I rush a lot of things, but I don't ever want this to be over." In which a lonely ER nurse falls in love with the fastest man alive. highest ranking...
186K 4K 80
My name is Samantha Smith and I am the fastest women alive. When I was 11 I saw my parents murdered by something impossible. I was sent to a care ho...
10.3K 334 48
ษชษด๊œฐษชษดษชแด›แด‡ สŸแดแด แด‡|โแด›สœแด‡ แด‡แด แด‡ส€สŸแด€๊œฑแด›ษชษดษข สŸแดแด แด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดกษชสŸสŸ ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ แด‡ษดแด…, ษดแดแด› ษชษด แด›สœษช๊œฑ แดœษดษชแด แด‡ส€๊œฑแด‡ แดส€ แด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡xแด› ส™แด‡แด„แด€แดœ๊œฑแด‡ ๊œฑษชษดแด„แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฐษชส€๊œฑแด› แดแดแดแด‡ษดแด› แดแดœส€ ๊œฑแดแดœสŸ๊œฑ แดแด‡แด›, แดแดœ...