Covert Affairs

By nive_thereader

Meet Linden and her friends living their normal boring lives.Teenage crushes,love,fashion were their only wor... More

The accidental eavesdropping
The Drive

Muddled thoughts.

31 2 2
By nive_thereader

Hi guys!!! I know I am sorry for the long wait....I couldn't update this story due to personal reasons...I will definitely try to be regular from now onwards. A big thank you to all who still gives a shot at reading my story!!
........................................................................

I couldn't believe my ears. My dad was plotting to kill a guy from my school? What could be the reason? For all I knew my dad was a sincere and honest man and I knew there were some things related to his work he wasn't supposed to tell his family. But now I wasn't sure what type of people and activities he was involved in. Anyway, I knew better than jumping to conclusions from just eavesdropping...or well accidentally eavesdropping...

I was confused and I knew I had to talk to someone about this. I couldn't very well tell my mom without knowing anything with surety and I sure as hell can't discuss this with my little brother. Hmmm...yes what was I thinking about? My cellphone!!!!

Yes! I had to call my friends and talk to them about this. I knew that they were currently in Luke's house where he throws one of his big parties every month. I was supposed to have gone with them but I was assigned the task of babysitting and it's been a while since I've spent some time with my little brother, so I had readily jumped at the opportunity when it had presented itself. My friends being the awesome people they are offered to stay behind but I didn't want to be a buzz kill and so they had reluctantly...well not so reluctantly left me behind to party.

"Lindy!"

I was startled by a sudden voice and turned to see Spencer, my little brother. With all the inner turmoil going through my head, I had completely forgotten my brother and that I was supposed to have been playing hide and seek with him.

"Spence, I have to go somewhere urgent. I promise I will play with you another day okay?" I told my brother knowing that this matter couldn't be discussed over the phone and that I had to tell my friends about the whole conversation I overheard, face to face.

"But you promised to play with me." He blinked those adorable eyes at me and I couldn't help but feel terrible.

"I will take you out for ice cream tomorrow. Okay?" I said trying to compromise and diffuse the situation.

"You promise?" he asked pouting his lips at me.

"Yes. Yes, I promise." I said and picked him up by the arms and went back to my father's study which I had left a few minutes back in complete terror.

I knocked before peeking my head inside after my father's mumbled "yes."

"Dad, could you please take care of Spence for a while? I know I said I will but something urgent came up with one of my friends and she needs me there." I said, willing my voice to not shake and give away any indication of my thoughts.

He frowned looking at the clock."But it's late sweetie. I want you to come home before curfew okay?"

"Yes Dad. And I've got my cell phone on me so don't worry."

"Okay honey. I hope your friend feels better." He said in a sympathetic voice and if I couldn't believe this was the same man who was plotting the demise of one of my classmates.

"Bye dad!"

"Bye Lin! And remember the curfew!"

I threw on the first pair of jeans and top I got my hands on and left the house taking my car keys and my phone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...