Muddled thoughts.

Hi guys!!! I know I am sorry for the long wait....I couldn't update this story due to personal reasons...I will definitely try to be regular from now onwards. A big thank you to all who still gives a shot at reading my story!!
........................................................................

I couldn't believe my ears. My dad was plotting to kill a guy from my school? What could be the reason? For all I knew my dad was a sincere and honest man and I knew there were some things related to his work he wasn't supposed to tell his family. But now I wasn't sure what type of people and activities he was involved in. Anyway, I knew better than jumping to conclusions from just eavesdropping...or well accidentally eavesdropping...

I was confused and I knew I had to talk to someone about this. I couldn't very well tell my mom without knowing anything with surety and I sure as hell can't discuss this with my little brother. Hmmm...yes what was I thinking about? My cellphone!!!!

Yes! I had to call my friends and talk to them about this. I knew that they were currently in Luke's house where he throws one of his big parties every month. I was supposed to have gone with them but I was assigned the task of babysitting and it's been a while since I've spent some time with my little brother, so I had readily jumped at the opportunity when it had presented itself. My friends being the awesome people they are offered to stay behind but I didn't want to be a buzz kill and so they had reluctantly...well not so reluctantly left me behind to party.

"Lindy!"

I was startled by a sudden voice and turned to see Spencer, my little brother. With all the inner turmoil going through my head, I had completely forgotten my brother and that I was supposed to have been playing hide and seek with him.

"Spence, I have to go somewhere urgent. I promise I will play with you another day okay?" I told my brother knowing that this matter couldn't be discussed over the phone and that I had to tell my friends about the whole conversation I overheard, face to face.

"But you promised to play with me." He blinked those adorable eyes at me and I couldn't help but feel terrible.

"I will take you out for ice cream tomorrow. Okay?" I said trying to compromise and diffuse the situation.

"You promise?" he asked pouting his lips at me.

"Yes. Yes, I promise." I said and picked him up by the arms and went back to my father's study which I had left a few minutes back in complete terror.

I knocked before peeking my head inside after my father's mumbled "yes."

"Dad, could you please take care of Spence for a while? I know I said I will but something urgent came up with one of my friends and she needs me there." I said, willing my voice to not shake and give away any indication of my thoughts.

He frowned looking at the clock."But it's late sweetie. I want you to come home before curfew okay?"

"Yes Dad. And I've got my cell phone on me so don't worry."

"Okay honey. I hope your friend feels better." He said in a sympathetic voice and if I couldn't believe this was the same man who was plotting the demise of one of my classmates.

"Bye dad!"

"Bye Lin! And remember the curfew!"

I threw on the first pair of jeans and top I got my hands on and left the house taking my car keys and my phone.