Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

55: Dirty Dancing

9.3K 350 49
By luv234_luv

Lyra-

I yawned and sat up, brushing my hair out of my face. Nathan stretched beside me and smiled. I could hear rain pelting the window and knew we weren't doing anything outside today. My stomach rumbled and I reminded myself that I should probably get up and make some breakfast. I was thinking grits and toast today. We would have some fried eggs, but some animal made off with the egg carton.

Slipping out from under the blankets, I searched for my underwear. I found my bra flung on the dresser and tiredly clipped it on.

"Aw and I was having such a good morning," Nathan chuckled from the bed.

I picked up his shirt that hung on the doorknob, throwing it on and smiled, "Sorry not sorry."

I looked around for my underwear and spotted them on the floor. Picking them up, I went to put them on and noticed something.

"Really? Really Nathan?" I huffed, holding up my ripped underwear. They were completely ruined and they used to be one of my favorites.

"Sorry Jay," He grinned, obviously not sorry.

"You are such an animal, these were my favorites," I pouted and dropped them to the floor.

"Only in bed, and I'll buy you new ones. Promise," He got up and I tossed him some shorts.

I scoffed, "You'll rip those off too."

"Probably," He muttered honestly, "But isn't it worth it?"

I thought about the past two mind blowing, toe curling nights and shrugged, "Yeah, pretty much."

After about ten minutes, gentle, didn't apply to either one of us.

He kissed my temple and wandered out of the bedroom, "Knew it!"

"I want grits and toast," I called, getting some non-ruined underwear.

"Okay," He answered.

I rolled my eyes and followed him out. I was walking a little stiffly and Nathan tried not to smile as he noticed. I got down the bowls for grits while he popped the bread into the toaster. I briefly looked out the window, but Baine was nowhere to be seen. I didn't worry much about him though.

"So, when do you think the delivery man will come by?" I asked, pulling some butter out of the fridge. The damn thing was almost empty.

"Uh, I'm not sure. Probably within the next two to three days? I dunno, " Nathan shrugged and handed me the plate with the toast on it.

I opened a drawer and handed him a spoon to stir the grits, "Well, isn't there a designated day he drops by?"

"Not really. You never know when food shipments come into TimberLine and then I'm pretty sure the delivery guy is a lazy asshole. Whatever. It could be tomorrow, the next day, the day after that but no more than four days," He pulled the grits out of the microwave and set them on the counter.

I buttered up the toast and set it aside, pulling the grits over to put some sugar and salt in them.

"Just salt in mine," Nathan said.

"I'm sure the guy can't be that bad," I chuckled, only adding salt to Nathan's bowl.

"Oh he is. I try not to talk much every time he comes by, it's just irritating. I'm paying him and he still thinks it's hard to drive ten minutes up a hill," He sat at a barstool and picked up a piece of toast.

"Guys are so weird," I chuckled, "Well, if he takes that long, why don't we just walk to town? It can't be more than twenty miles."

"Do you really want to suit up and go hiking again?" Nathan looked up at me.

It didn't take long to find my answer, "No, not really, I'd miss our bed too much."

I started in on breakfast. The grits were obviously a little stale, but other than that, they weren't bad. They just needed more sugar. I stirred some in until I was satisfied with the taste. Nathan brought over two glasses of water.

"I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of these mountains and don't feel like coming back for a little while," He chuckled, crunching on some toast.

"Yes, I am so done. I want to go back to civilization," I groaned.

"Well, I have one piece of good news," Nathan smiled slyly at me.

I picked up my bowl and put it in the sink, running water in it, "What?"

He got up and went to the cabinet, "I know what we're going to have for lunch."

I grinned as he pulled out a box of craft Mac n' cheese.

"How come you didn't say anything sooner? I would've made this for breakfast," I took the box and imagined the cheesy goodness.

"Exactly, I had to hide it from you. We can have it for lunch," He smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes but smiled at him, "Fine."

"So what do you wanna do today?" He asked, dumping his dishes in the sink with mine.

"Oh I dunno. How about..." I held up the laptop and raised my eyebrows suggestively.

"No, no more cheesy movies with sappy lines! I can't take it!" He groaned and covered his face with his hands.

"You're such a baby," I pouted.

"Nuh-uh," He argued childishly.

"Well, I need a shower anyway," I chuckled and started to head towards the bathroom.

"Ooh I'll come," Nathan chuckled and I looked over my shoulder.

"No, no, no I actually have to wash up and everything," I pointed at him and he stuck his bottom lip out.

"Fine, but you're mine tonight," He huffed but grinned devilishly.

I rolled my eyes but smiled at him, "Deal."

I grabbed a towel, my razor and headed towards the shower. Hip bumping the door closed, I turned it on and stripped down while I waited for it to get hot. When I was satisfied with the temperature, I stepped inside and felt relieved as the hot water hit my skin. I washed away the affects of last night.

I noticed I was a little sore but I'm pretty sure it's worth it. Grabbing Nathan's shampoo, I lathered up my hair and relished the feeling of being clean. I noticed a certain noise, peeked out the door and almost slipped when I spotted Nathan.

I groaned, "Ugh, you scared me."

He glance at me and tried to talk around his toothbrush, "What? I didn't-ft do nofing."

I shook my head and started to rinse my hair. I shaved, washed and stepped out. Toweling my hair, I flipped my hair over and twisted it into the towel. Straightening with the towel on my head, I wrapped another towel around me and stepped out of the bathroom.

Nathan was in the living room on his laptop, probably looking through his pictures. I popped into our room to grab a T-shirt and Nathan's sweatpants. I felt like looking shitty today.

Walking into the living room, I plopped down on one of the chairs and Nathan glanced up at me.

"I don't get it.." He mumbled.

"Don't get what?" I asked.

"How you girls do that," He gestured to the towel on my head. I chuckled and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"It's a girl secret," I smirked.

He rolled his eyes and grumbled. I looked out the window for a little bit, watching the rain pour down. Baine sat on the porch and stared out at it. I pulled the towel off and dried my hair a little more before walking back into the bathroom to hang up the towel. I brushed my hair out and sighed.

Before I left the room, I spotted myself in Nathan's mirror on the wall. It'd been a long time since I've really looked at myself. I looked taller, definitely tanner and more lean than I've ever been. Five and a half months or so can change you a lot.

My damp hair framed my face and I slouched in my comfy clothes. The sweatpants made me look like I had wide hips and I thought about changing.

This is the opposite of a self pep-talk, I thought to myself and walked away from the mirror. I pushed away my self consciousness and made my way back to the living room. But it came back like an annoying fly.

"Do these sweatpants make my hips look wide?" I casually asked Nathan.

He looked up from his laptop and raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, setting the laptop on the stand beside him.

I shrugged, "It just looked that way."

My breath hitched when he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him.

"I think these pants, any pants, or no pants make you look sexy as hell," He said, pulling at the band of the sweatpants to kiss my hip.

I giggled as he kissed his way up my stomach, pulling me into his lap to finally let his lips land on mine. He pulled away just a few centimeters, "Plus, I like it when you wear my clothes."

"Oh yeah? Why?" I sat sideways in his lap, letting my legs hang over the chairs arm.

"Just cause. I know you're mine when you wear my stuff," He grinned.

"With pride,"  I confirmed with a smile.

"So I was searching around on my laptop and I found something cool. Wanna see?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

Reaching over, he grabbed his laptop and set it in my lap. I watched as he clicked on a strange looking icon.

"This is 'mountain man' radio from TimberLine. It only has one channel that reaches this far and I haven't tried it yet," He smiled.

"We'll try it, I've been dying for some new music. We've been playing mine for ages," I pressed, motioning for him to play the radio.

"Here goes," Nathan shrugged and clicked it.

We watched a blue loading line slowly make its way across the screen before some oldies music filled the living room. I laughed at Nathan's disappointed look.

"What were you expecting?" I chuckled.

"Definitely not this," He smiled lopsidedly at me.

I listened to the music for a momen,t "Hey, I know this song."

"From where?" Nathan raised an eyebrow.

"Dirty Dancing," I giggled.

Both eyebrows went up, "Dirty what??"

"A movie," I laughed and got up, pulling on his hand. He got up out of the chair and set the laptop aside.

"Dance with me," I challenged, holding out my hand with a sly expression.

"How do you even dance to this music?" He chuckled, taking my hand and pulling me to his chest.

"Like they do in the movie," I shrugged.

"I've never seen the movie," Nathan said flatly.

"So? I'll teach you," I smiled and put my hands on his shoulders.

His hands automatically went to my waist. I put one of my legs between his and pulled him closer so there was no space between us.

"The night we met I knew I needed you so
And if I had the chance I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me,
I'll make you so proud of me.
We'll make 'em turn their heads every place we go
So won't you, please, be my be my baby
Be my little. baby my one and only baby
Say you'll be my darlin', be my be my baby
Be my baby now, my one and only baby
Wha-oh-oh-oh," I sang with the radio as I started to 'dirty dance' with Nathan.

It was basically grinding against each other while swaying to the music. He caught on and grinned at me. Swaying to the music, we became completely immersed.

We danced until the song ended but kept dancing when other songs came on. Sure it was all oldie songs but they were nice to listen to on rainy days. I'm not sure how long we danced but I felt like we could've done it all day.

Eventually, the Mac N' Cheese started calling my name and I had to go to it.

-----------

The video for Dirty Dancing should be at the top and how they're dancing is what Lyra taught Nathan. If you can't see that for any reason, get yo self on YouTube and look up 'Be my Baby- Dirty dancing.'

It's quite worth it. The movie is actually one of my old favorites. I hope you guys enjoyed!

Vote, comment, share!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 17.5K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
207 1 95
#######READERS BEWARE!####### THIS BOOK CONTAINS *Graphic sexual scenes *Death *Gore *possible Abuse *Triggering behaviour and bad language. ######...
2.8M 42.1K 99
Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge. Late at night, Nathan trudges down th...
64 2 11
FIRST OFF -- I'm never on here except to save my work somewhere, but I'm way more active on Tumblr (under 'freesia-writes') and Ao3 (same username)...