Breaking Them Up (BoyxBoy) (O...

By PassionInFlames

“I love you” the words that tore from his mouth straight to my heart were spoken softly. So softly, I could b... More

Breaking Them Up (BoyxBoy)
Breaking Them Up :::3:::
Breaking Them Up :::4:::
Breaking them Up :::5:::
Breaking Them Up :::6::::
Breaking Them Up :::7:::
Breaking Them Up :::8::::
Breaking Them Up :::9::::
Breaking Them Up :::10::::
Breaking Them Up ::::11:::::
Breaking Them Up :::12:::
Breaking Them Up :::13:::
Keeping Us Together :::1:::
Keeping Us Together :::2:::
Keep Us Together :::3::::
Keeping Us Together :::4::::
Keeping Us Together ::::5::::
Keeping Us Together :::6::::
Keeping Us Together :::7:::
Keeping Us Together :::8:::
Keeping Us Together :::9:::
Keeping Us Together :::10:::
Finding Each Other :::1:::
Finding Each Other :::2:::
Find Each Other :::3:::
Finding Each Other :::4:::
Finding Each Other :::5:::
Finding Each Other :::6:::
Finding Each Other :::7:::
Finding Each Other :::8:::

Breaking Them Up :::2:::

16.4K 259 56
By PassionInFlames

“Kyle!” I hiss a whisper. The secretary glances at us over her magazine but doesn’t speak a word. “Kyle!” finally the bastard heaves a sigh and his brown eyes focus on my face. It really bothers me how he always looks bored, as if life was somehow tedious.

“Is there something you’d like?” he asks, not even bothering to lower his voice.

“Yes. Two things actually. Come here”

His eyes rack me up and down “No.”

“Yes!” I wave from him to the chair next to me “It’s about Karen!” I whisper-yell.

He hesitates, a fish circling the bait. Then, his face set in such a way that he’s almost certain he’ll regret it, he gathers his binder and moves in the chair next to me. The secretary, indifferent to the rules she’s supposed to enforce, looks back down at her magazine.

“What about her?” he asks, voice a notch tighter then usual.

“I know how you can get her back” I grin

His lips twitches to a sarcastic smile “Do you now?”

“Yes, actually I do” I say defensively. “Me and you just have to team up. I’m guessing you dated Karen for a good amount of time if you care so much as to switch into her school like some kind of stalker, and I’ve known Seth for just about ever. Together we could convince them they’re all wrong for each other!”

He blinks at me slowly “You’re an idiot”

I gasp “What do you mean?! it’s brilliant!!”

The secretary shushed us, and Kyle repeated his sentence “You’re an idiot”

“Stop-” I cut off lowering my voice “Saying that. What’s wrong with my idea?”

“First of all” I felt like a child being lectured by my parent, the stern look on his face frighteningly scolding “It’s pathetic that it took you all night to come up with that. Second, if we selfishly break them up they’ll just end up hating us. And third, are you actually in grade eleven, because you’re shockingly juvenile”

I stare at him sulkily “So you’re not going to help”

He pauses “I didn’t say that. If you want to break them up as well, it’ll be nice to have something of a sidekick” he frowns “No matter how idiotic they are, to help. But your plan is far to obvious and I want to get back together with Karen, not ruin her love life”

Feeling completely brooding now, I say the only thing I can think of “I’m not a sidekick. I’m an equal partner”

“Last time I checked, an equal partner was equal at at least something. I’m smarter then you, better looking then you, and if you don’t recall, stronger then you. What makes you think you deserve the ranking as partner?” my eyes round. How come he had to be so constantly mean?!

An idea forms in my head “That’s the second thing I wanted”

He raises an eyebrow “Pardon?”

“I want a re-match! If I win, I get equal say in all plotting to ruin the relationship!” I declare.

His eyelids lower, looking extremely bored now “Are you some kind of S&M freak or something?”

My jaw drops “Fuck you!” the secretary gives me a warning look “Of course I’m not! I want a rematch because I’m positive I can win. Are you chicken?”

“Hardly. Fine, we’ll partake in your little rematch. When I win, you’ll do as I say.”

I smirk “You’re not going to win”

****************

I’m strolling to my locker at the end of the day to despite some books, when I notice Seth talking and laughing in a group of friends. Not many of Seth’s friends liked or tolerated me well, but it didn’t bother me. I was content with just Seth and the few acquaintances I had scattered around the school.

But right now, I saw the perfect opportunity to get cozy with my best friend again. It would be more handy to be on good terms with him so that the operation could run smoothly. Pft, and Kyle had the nerve to call me a side-kick, I was thinking and accomplishing all on my own. I might not even need him.

“Seth” I ask, looking apologetic “Can we talk?” I have my puppy-dog face and voice on.

He glances at me startled, a smile forming at his lips “Yeah. I’m glad you want to actually”

I lead him away, knowing his friends are scoffing and rolling their eyes at me for dragging him away. To damn bad if I annoyed them, I annoyed practically everyone. One we’re out of ear shot I stop and look down at my feet like a child whose down something they’re ashamed of “I’m sorry”

His voice is a combination of forgiveness and disbelief “That’s okay. You don’t have to be sorry. I’m sorry”

“No” I peek up at him, my bottom lip jutting out just a little “You shouldn’t be sorry”

“Are you okay?” he asks, concern vivid in his voice.

“Yeah. I just… I really don’t like Karen but that doesn’t mean I should take it out on you. I just want you to be happy. If she makes you happy… then I guess I can put up with her” I should so win an Oscar. Any acting award will do, actually.

“Oh” he scratches the back of his neck, as if unsure how to properly respond “Thank you:”

“So… we’re okay again?” I look at him from underneath heavy black eyelashes.

He clasps me on the shoulder “Of course” he smiles.

And this is why Seth needs protecting. He’s just not suspicious enough to get by on his own.

*Kyle’s POV*

I glance at my wrist watch for the third time in the last ten minutes. If that brat didn’t show up for our ’re-match’ in about five minutes I was going to assume he forfeits and therefore looses. I was humouring him with this anyways-it was like dealing with a child. You had to pretend to consider their views as well.

I don’t know why I was even bothering-I felt like I was back in grade six, scheming and plotting to get what I wanted, teaming up with whoever had similar goals no matter how annoying they were. I mean really, he demands a rematch then has the nerve to be late?

I sigh, leaning against the back of the building he’d chosen we’d duel behind. He was a head shorter and plenty scrawnier then I was, but like I said, humouring him would be key to getting any use from him. I’d dug around a little and him and Seth Green had in fact been best friends for the last three years.

That meant he might turn out to be useful. But to have to put of this much effort, not to mention tolerate him…. Would I even be able to handle it? My eyes closed. If I had to I could-for Karen. I don’t understand what she thought she was doing, but to go this far just to prove she doesn’t need me…

Footsteps alert me to another presence and my eyes snap open. Making me that much more frustrated, it’s not that runt Damien at all, but rather, a delicate looking girl with huge green eyes and long auburn hair. She looks at me, a smile playing at her lips, and I look back sheepishly.

“Something you’d like?” I ask.

“Yeah, I’m here to kick your ass” my composure, normally so steady, breaks, my eyebrows flying to my hairline and my mouth hanging open. That wasn’t a female voice in the slightest, but rather, Damien’s voice. And now that I looked more closely, the features were clearly the same.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I ask, infuriated for no apparent reason. I just was. I had an unexplainable bubble of embarrassment as well, but I pushed that to the back of my mind to be broken down and analysed later. “Are you some kind of cross dresser?”

“Nope” he smirks “But I’m not as dumb as you think I am either”

I splutter “How does… does… that” I gesture to him “prove anything about your intelligence?!”

“Well” he twirls a piece of the long shiny hair around his finger “You said before you held back because you thought I looked to much like a girl-no idea where you got that idea, by the way-so I figured I could make you back down if I looked a lot like a girl” he grins.

Oddly his plan, though no sane person would follow through on it, made a little bit of sense. But just because he looked like a girl-a lot or a little-didn’t mean he was one. I wasn’t not going to fight him and therefore make my situation with Karen even harder, just because he was kind of feminine…

“That’s not going to-” I’m cut off as his purse hits me across the face. It must be full of rocks or something because it hurts like a bitch. I glare at him, and aim a punch, but before I actually make contact he rounds his eyes and parts his lips. And he suddenly looks freakily like a she. My arm drops.

He laughs “Partners?”

I glower “You’re insane…”

“Now” his voice in suddenly in a girlish falsetto “That’s not very nice” his eyelashes flutter.

Just my luck. I’m paired with a maniac.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter (thingy) is vaguely dull in my humble opinion. But you know how starting chapters are! The fun part? Damein is so chill about dressing as a girl just to get Kyle to promote him to partner ranking. I hope that gives you a little hint to some of his character (And no, I don't mean being gay, that's obvious already :P) (I menat his sanity :P)

Anyways, the next chapter is alot longer and in my opinion better. It's already written but won't be posted for awhile ~ (Who am I kidding, it'll probably be up tomorrow if my comments make me happy) Yeah, so comment! Let me know if you're warming up to, or even just getting a feel for this story! <3 Thankies <3

Continue Reading