The Summer That Changed Every...

By Music77

It used to be my family plus Johanna's family. It used to be the boys grouped together and the two oldest gir... More

Change
Starting Over
Behind The Closed Doors

How It All Started.......

88 2 1
By Music77

It was the night before summer began. Well.......... actually summer started a couple days ago, after school let out. But for my family summer doesn't start until we get there. To Chalhouses Beach. To our white 3 story beach house. Every summer my family and Johanna's family got together and rented a beach house. A tradition. It was the event of the year that we all loved and at the same time dreaded. Johanna and my mom are tight. They have always been, since they were babies till... now. Same goes for Tom, Johanna's husband and my dad. In fact the four of them were childhood friends. It's amazing how they all ended up marrying one another. Their wedding took place the day after my birthday. At the beach. In that same old beach house. Thus, the tradition gave birth. Every summer since that day the four got together and rented out the house. For the entire summer. It's wierd how everything they did, coincidentally happened on the same day. Tom and dad got a promotion on the same day as the manager to their companies. Mom and Dad bought a house the same day Johanna and Tom bought one.Mom and Johanna even gave birth to their first children on the same day.They were born on the same day, in the same hospital. Whenever Christie and Michelle ask who's older, mom and Johanna claim they don't remember. But, I know. It's Christie. I overheard Johanna saying it to mom one night.

The phrase 'Opposites Attract' really sum up the relationship between Mom and Johanna. Mom is the sensible one. She is the responsible person who everyone trusts. But Mom is uptight. Very strict. The only times when she's relaxed are these summers. With Johanna. Johanna is the exact opposite of mom. Whereas my mom spent all of high school studying hard to get good grades. Johanna had the ultimate high school experience. Partying all night, skipping school. Johanna was crazy and sometimes had the wackiest thoughts but, it was lovable. Jason once told me that Johanna would never have any sense. Considering the thought of having 8 children. I mean who does that?? After Michelle Mom decided to play safe and have only one more child. Typical sensible mom.  Johanna either loved being pregnant 8 times or just wanted more children than she could handle. God knows what goes on inside her head. But even so, Johanna was kind and gentle and fun to be around. She cracked jokes and laughed a lot. She also knew exactly what to say at the right times. When I got my period when I was 13, I didn't tell mom. I told Johanna. Whereas mom would end up making it embarrassing for me, Johanna made me feel better about getting it. 

I sigh and gaze out my window. It was 12:00 a.m. and I couldn't sleep. I was so excited. I was turning seventeen soon and I could finally hang out with the rest of them. Every summer everyone would have a buddy. Michelle- Christie, Mom-Johanna, Dad-Tom, then all the other boys. I was the odd one out. Sometimes they let me hang with them but only for small things. Like baking muffins or watching Titanic or a horror film. The boys constantly played pranks on me. And it was fun........................ for a while. Life there was just so boring. I wanted to do something extraordinary. Like maybe go down into the woods and explore. Or go night finshing. Once a summer Christie, Michelle and the boys would all camp outside. They only did this once every summer because they took days planning and preparing the whole camping trip. Since it took a lot of work they didn't do it often. I always wanted to go but everyone always said NO! It wasn't fair. It was only because they thought I was too young but, Jason was the same age as me. Just 7 months older but that doesn't matter. He got to do whatever he wanted. Jason was terrible. I still remember all those mean pranks he played on me. In every picture with him, I was either crying or my lips were stretched into an o and my eyes wide with surprise. There was this one picture though with an arm across the other's shoulder and 5-year old Jason and I were grinning, wet and in our bathing suits. I loved that picture. It reminded me of the fake Jason. The Jason I recreated in my head. Jason had played one too many pranks on me but, one had gone too far. I remembered that day very clearly. I was 14 and it was the day we were leaving to go back home. We decided to have a toast to an amazing summer so, we went down to the pier and got ice cream cones for everyone. I got what I always got. A large sundae with a vanilla and chocolate combo, chocolate chips, hot fudge, marshmallows, twix bars and extra extra whipped cream on a chocolate covered waffle cone with rainbow sprinkles. 

I sat down on the bench contendedly licking my ice cream. I looked up and saw Jason talking to some really cute guy. They started walking towards me and my heart sped up. I was aware of my chocolate mustache and tangled hair. My shirt had little dribbles of ice cream and my glasses kept sliding down my nose. My palms were sticky with ice cream and I felt terrible.

"This is Bella, Jake, Bella, Jake"

"H-hi" I stuttered and giving a tiny wave.

Jake looked at Jason.

"Dude you said you were setting me up with your cousin, not your sister"

"Why not Bella??" Jason smirked.

My palms were shaking and my heart was pounding so loud. I knew where this was going.

" She's-.................. nice but, um not really my type. No offense, Bella You are just a little too young. I- just----- I'll leave now"  he said awkwardly walking away.

Jason busted up laughing.

"That was to die for" he grinned.

My cheeks were burning,

"Hear that Bella?? You are too fat and ugly to win a date!" he laughed.

My blood was roaring in my ears and everything was buzzing. Little black spots danced in my vision. There was one rule about coming here to Chalhouses beach. No bad words. But I broke the rule that day. I said the meanest things I ever said to someone.

"Jason, you played a stupid prank on me. One I will never forgive you for. You insufferable bastard! Go To Hell, Asshole!" I spat at him and ran away.

I can never forgive myself for those cruel words that I uttered that day.  But, I felt that anger wouldn't go away. In fact, it still hurt. I was still crying in pain inside. Oh how, I hated him.  But even so, Jason was my best friend. He made me feel different. Sometimes in a bad way, but I loved him. As a best friend. 

Johanna had 6 boys. Jason was the  youngest. After that, came Tristan and his twin, Nicholas. Nick is so sweet. Whenever Jason used to be mean or make me cry, Nick would always make me laugh. Tristan was a hair puller. Or a liar. They were both seniors. Only a year older than Jason and me. Then came mysterious Chase. He always kept to himself. He did talk a lot but rarely ever did you seem him cry or laugh. It took a huge effort to make him smile. Laughing was another story. Chase was 19. After that arrogant, self-conceited Dylan who was 20. Dylan could be a pain in the ass a lot. He was always talking about himself. He was funny but, he took being full of yourself to a whole new level and that got annoying after a while. And finally the oldest kid, good at everything, Ethan. I'm serious when I meant good at everything. He got top grades, he was star captain of the football and basketball teams and very good-looking. At least that's what my mom said when she went to visit them last christmas. She said they were all good-looking, I didn't really believe her. I guess I just couldn't get the picture of grinning idiotic boys ,who always had food over their faces, being transformed into hot teenage guys. 

A yawn escaped my mouth and I closed my eyes. And let sleep overcome me.

"WAKE UP!" followed by a bucket of cold water.

Just kidding it wasn't a bucket more like a bottle. Or a cup. Okay fine a couple of drops.

But it was enough to get me awake. 

"What the hell?" I yelled at a grinning Michelle. 

"Who knew that you just needed a couple of drops to get you awake." she smirked.

I stumbled out of bed muttering

"I'm a light sleeper" 

I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. After 10 minutes of peaceful bliss I climbed out and stuffed my legs into a pair of white shorts and threw on a gray tank top. After twisting my hair into a high ponytail I walked out of the bathroom and into my room. Michelle was lying on my bed reading one of her magazines. She glanced at me and then did a double take. She shook her head.

" You are definitely not wearing that."

I looked down at my clothes and straightened my shirt.

"What's wrong with this?"

"Hmmm... it might be the fact that you look like you are going to a funeral." she snorted.

"I do not" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Put this on" she threw a navy blue camisole and jean short shorts at me. 

After 15 minutes we were in the car, me dressed into the tight outfit my sister gave me, sorry gave is a very light term. Michelle practically jumped on me after I said no I wasn't going to change. The shorts were very uncomfortable. The camisole was very tight but thank god really long. I was able to pull it down a little to make the shorts look less exposing. It didn't work that well but it was good enough. After a very harried 15 minutes of getting last minute things, including spilling orange juice and practically throwing our tv onto the ground (don't ask, long story) we made it. Into the car. Where we had everything we needed for our perfect ............ oh no.

"Dad! Stop the car I forgot my bathing suit!" I yelled frantically. Mentally I slapped my head, Great Job Bella. Great Job. You're going to a beach house. On the beach. And you forget your bathing suit. the voice in my head says.

Dad slammed the brakes. Mom turned around, a calm expression on her face. 

"You know slapping your head isn't going to do anything" Mom says to me.

Idiot.

"Well what should I do??" I ask

" Well I am sure there are other answers than injuring yourself. Such as borrowing one of your sister's swim suit." Mom looked at Michelle, who was busy texting on her phone. 

Michelle looked up.

"What? Oh um yea sure" she said with a wave of her hand.

"I have a spare bathing suit somewhere in the suitcase."

I closed my eyes and leaned back, taking a deep breath.

Chalhouses Beach, here we come.

<><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys I know, I know why am I writing another story when I already have 2 others that I haven't uploaded in a looong time. But it was an idea I had and I had to get it off my mind. So anyways here is my uploading plan for my next stories.

1) This story Chp. 2

2) New Story Chp 1,2,3

3) Mysterious Truth 3,4

I am holding off on Not The Real One for some time. I have some interesting ideas for this story and the other new one. This story is a bit slow in the beginning so please give it a chance first. And the other new story is also a bit slow in the beginning. I am not sure when i will be uploading the others. I am thinking of uploading Chapter 2 before the end of today. Not sure if it will happen or not. 

Thanks for your support :) Enjoy!

Continue Reading