Starting Over

Bella's POV:

I blinked. I could feel Michelle's shock right next to me. There's no way that this is happening. These annoyingly obnoxious idiots had turned into delicously, hot idiots. Oh My God. My eyes stared at each boy, ignoring Jason all-together. I was still seething at his bluntness. I could so be hot. I wanted to slap that silly grin right off his face. The silence was deafening. If that's even possible. My shock was reflected on the boys' face. I wasn't quite sure exactly what they were so taken aback by. 

Johanna was the one who broke the silence. She came forward, her hands clasped together and hugged me and Michelle tight.

"Oh! Look at you two! So grown-up and beautiful! And Bella? You became so thin! What happened?? Did you stop eating? And Michelle? What's this? You look as pale as a ghost? And exactly as thin as one!!" Johanna chattered.

Michelle rolled her eyes. I just smiled. 

After Johanna's warm introduction/criticism, everyone decided to come back down to earth and strated to behave like themselves. Christie and Michelle disappeared into a room. With nothing else to do, I went upstairs to my room. As I opened the door, I was blinded by a huge streak of sunlight. I gazed at my golden-encased, bright room in wonder.

The beach house wasn't necassarily luxurious. It had mildew creeping up some of the walls, the paint was chipped, the floors creaked even when no one was walking on them, sand covered the living room and kitchen floor sometimes, when it rained the floor would leak and after it rained bugs would crawl and bite you. Other than those flaws, it was perfect.

My room wasn't at all how I left it 2 summers ago. It was neat and tidy. Ugh. 

My room was small compared to the others, since I was the only inhabitant. Also, since I was the only one, there wasn't much stuff that I would need So whatever furniture I had in this room was old and just barely usable. But, the reason i loved this room so much was because it had large windows from floor to ceiling that covered the entire back wall, except for a thick strip of wall. My bed leaned against that and the desk was in the opposite corner. My dresser was in the perfect spot. Whenever the sun shone it shone especially on the dresser. I had a small walk-in closet with some broken hangers and some cubbies to put my clothes in.

Normally I didn't bring much stuff. I just had a few pairs of pants and shirts, one dress, undergarments, my bathing suit and a pair of slippers. We always went on an all out shopping spree and bought tons and tons of clothes, so I don't really bother bringing much clothes. However, this year Michele packed an entire 2 suitcases stocked with clothes, half of which I wouldn't even wear and another whole suitcase with shoes, most of which have heels and I would make a fool of myself with. I basically decided to place the clothes I would actually wear in the closet, while the rest of the clothes would be piled in the suitcases under my bed. I kept out 1 pair of flip-flops, a pair of converse and a pair of sneakers at the foot of the closet. Then, I deposited my school stuff(yes, I actually had homework over summer break) on my desk. My hairbrush, a few rubber bands, a hairband and some pairs of jewelry went into my dresser. All other unneccesary items went into the suitcases.

There! I said to myself proudly. I quickly went to my dresser and threw my hair up into a high ponytail(it was hot up here!) and then I redid some of my mascara. I tugged on my shorts and pulled my tank top down a bit and then threw open my door. I could hear Christie and Michelle's loud voices from down the hall. Smiling to myself, I made my way to their room

"---And I was, like, c'mon you are going to break up with me, because you cheated on me? Like, no way! I totally dumped him" I heard Christie saying.