A Girl Named Cactus

By -ArthurKirkland

When you turn 12 years of age, you get a new name, and living quarters. Most of your younger life has been er... More

Authors Note:
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s e v e n
n o t e f o r y o u
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n ~ pt. 1
t e n~pt. 2

s i x

23 5 0
By -ArthurKirkland

Me and Orion, arrived in a field. Exhausted, and hungry. We ran from the dome. And possibly from Kai and Lauren. I hope we find them. Orion sits down, panting.

"It's hot out here." I wipe my palm against my forehead."Ya think?" Oh, I'll never get tired of his sarcasm.

"Why do you always avoid me?" I questioned. He turns to look at me, and grins. "I never avoid you, Opal."

"Don't call me that." I hiss. I actually kind of like it when people call me Opal. But not Orion. He makes me feel like my real name is a bad thing.

"Aren't you going to ask how I know your real name?" He lays down on the grass. "No."

"Not what I expected, but I'll tell you anyways because I know you want to know." Orion smirks, amused. "I know because I dated you for a while."

I laugh. "I never would've dated an ignorant jerk, especially when I was 10."

"I was just kidding. We used to have a treehouse together. Our families were close." I stare at him. "You weren't at my eleventh birthday party." Sighing, I rummaged through my bag, avoiding his green eyes.

"Well, your mom got mad at mine, and we never saw each other after your 9th birthday party. We moved to Kihe." I nodded.

"Cmon." His head jerked back in to his usual blank stare. "We got to find Kai and Lauren."

I brushed off the grass from my jeans, and wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"Do you remember anything from your 14 year old life?" I forgot that he moved to our bubble but was 15. They usually start out at 12 or 14.

Orion sighed. "No. I remember only one thing. That I tried something. And it ended me going here. And no, I don't think that's where rebels go." His hand brushed my arm, sending chills up my spine. "It wouldn't make sense to put a trouble maker into the same thing with different people. I actually think I tried to escape." I looked into the green eyes.

The walk in the forest was full of noises, not like the ones in the dome. I heard chatter of.. Birds? Squirrels? I vaguely remember squirrels. There was the rustle of leaves, the wind howling.

The sun was setting, and I felt that we were waking nowhere. No change of scenery. Just green. And a few animals here and there. I had to look away when Orion killed a squirrel.

"Cmon, let's go to this cave, so we can start a fire." He mumbled, drinking his water.

~this was like the shortest chapter ever! Oh whale, gotta be quick.~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 3.4K 94
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
15.7K 326 21
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...
203K 30K 116
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
192K 5.7K 113
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...