Darkness Changes... (BBC Sher...

By Half-Blood_Holmes

Sequel to- Darkness Follows... (BBC Sherlock Fanfiction) Darcy Byrne, surprisingly intelligent and somewhat... More

Darkness Follows...
Prologue
Chapter 2- Settling In With My Captor... Fun.
Chapter 3- So, I'm Actually A Real Spy?
Chapter 4- One Wrong Move...
Chapter 5- At Least I'm Not Losing My Mind. Yet.
Author's Note- Sorry!!
Chapter 6- Looks Like I've Finally Changed...
Chapter 7- Getting Ready Takes All Day.
Chapter 8- Taking 'Making Connections' To A Whole New Level.
Chapter 9- One Of His- What?
Chapter 10- Carrot On A Stick.
Chapter 11- I Didn't Think The FBI Were Part Of The Fire Brigade...?
Chapter 12- Keeping Them Away and Finally, A Phone.
Chapter 13- Dusty, Old Baker Street.
Chapter 14- Not That Much Of A Surprise Though, Is It?
Chapter 15- Taken 2: British Government Special.
Chapter 16- Truth Hurts, Doesn't It?
Chapter 17- Sorry, I've Been Too Social Already Today.
Chapter 18- Hello Darkness My Old Friend...
Chapter 19- A Sociopath Being Less... Sociopathy?
Chapter 20- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It... Oh.
Chapter 21- Merry New Years... Have Some Duct Tape!
Chapter 22- Pushing People Out Of Windows... Again.
Chapter 23- The Name's Jet. Jumbo Jet.
Chapter 24- And I Thought Snakes On A Plane Were Bad.
Chapter 25- Like A Spit Roast But More Bloody.
Chapter 26- Are You The Devil? Actually, No, I'm Not.
Chapter 27- Flirting Gets You Nowhere.
Chapter 28- I'm Not Your Secretary, I'm Your Personal Assistant.
Chapter 29- Wow, So Henry Is, Um, Rich?
Chapter 30- First Ever Sleepover... Not Exactly How I Imagined It'd Go.
Chapter 31- Get Off My Sheet!
Chapter 32- Human Guinea-Pig Named John.
Chapter 33- Oh, It's Him Again.
Chapter 34- Dismembered... Is That The Right Word, Dismembered?
Chapter 35- Sherlock's Looking A Bit... Off?
Chapter 36- Seems To Have Gone To A Lot Of Effort...
Chapter 37- Am I Invisible Or Something?!
Chapter 38- Can Amateur And Expert Be Used In The Same Sentence?
Chapter 39- Are Trials Always This Boring Or Is It Just Me?
Chapter 40- Waste Of A Good Apple, In My Opinion.
Chapter 41- Dancing With The Devil... And A Crowbar.
Chapter 42- Anderson: The No.1 Idiot Impersonator.
Another Author's Note...
Chapter 43- Hansel And Gretel Don't Die In The Fairytale.
Chapter 44- Finally Got What She Deserved.
A/N...Sorry
Chapter 45- It's Moriarty But Not As We Know Him.
Chapter 46- Wild Goose Chase Of Sorts.
Chapter 47- The Worst of Times.
Chapter 48- So Many Voicemails.
A/N- That Was It!
A/N- New Book Is Out!

Chapter 1- So, This Place Is Nice.

1.9K 58 10
By Half-Blood_Holmes

Darcy's POV

"Before I change my mind." Moriarty threatened maliciously and glared back at me before opening the car door forcefully.

This time, I didn't stay sitting and unclipped my seatbelt, shuffling towards the door Moriarty stepped out of. I visibly gulped and hesitated before placing both of my feet, donned in my combat boots, on the pavement.

I smiled at the sight of my shoes and the familiarity of them, then remembered that that was one thing they couldn't take away. My individuality.

"Hurry up. We don't have all day." Moriarty groaned from outside and I rolled my eyes, it was past midnight and none of the day left... well not really. Technically it was a new day, it was too late for this.

When I ducked my head out the door, I was surprised to see Moriarty had put on a pair of black sunglasses in the dead of night and he puts on sunglasses. However, sinister and psychotic he was I couldn't help but smile the tiniest fraction.

He shut the door sharply behind me and I flinched, looking over at him and I was surprised to actually notice he was only a tiny bit taller than me. I watched after him as he wandered up the steps in between the white columns of one of the white houses, number forty four.

44 Eaton Square.

"Quickly." Moriarty ordered and I looked up at him quickly before jogging over to the bottom of the steps. "Get a move on." He seethed.

I huffed and stomped up the stone steps, he nodded when I was stood beside him and I frowned, "Where's my coat?" I asked, panicked.

"You won't be needing it." He stated and pressed the doorbell to the house.

My eyes widened, "It's important to me, where is it?" I demanded, rather out of place and all over a bloody coat.

"How dare-" He started only to be interrupted by the door opening in front of us. There stood a red headed woman in business attire, bit late to be wearing work clothes isn't it? She looked exhausted all the same but still plastered a fake smile onto her face.

"Can I help you?" She asked, trying to sound happy but failing completely. I raised my eyebrows at her as she looked me up and down, then grimaced.

Moriarty stepped forward, intimidatingly, "I'm here to see Miss Adler, Kate." So, her name was Kate.

She frowned at us both and Moriarty lowered his glasses slightly, and her eyes widened, "Mr Moriarty, I didn't-"

"Just let us in Kate." He ordered and she hesitated briefly before flinching in realisation, then opening the door wider.

Moriarty strolled in straight away, so much for being a gentleman, giving Kate a nod to which she just smiled nervously and I think curtsied. Curtsied. I suddenly felt as though I should be paying this guy a whole lot more respect than I was.

I entered the entrance hall of the posh townhouse warily and scanned the wooden floored, white walled and pristine room. If all of the other rooms were like this I'd be scared of what I could touch let alone live here.

"Nice place." I commented dryly, only to have both Moriarty and Kate glare at me, Moriarty having removed his sunglasses. I realised I was in the wrong and made a mental note to keep my mouth shut, and the fact that the door had been locked behind us.

So, quickly I took in the layout, staircase along left side wall and two rooms along the other side. One room at the end of the corridor. All white doors, clean, tidy. A couple of tables along the walls, even with plants and magazines on they were organised and straight.

"Miss Adler isn't home." Kate stated and I could tell she had immediately calmed down from our initial arrival.

Tired. Aggravated. Formal- Posh. Fiery.

Were some of the little things I deduced about her personality, dress and how she was feeling. But with my own tiredness creeping up on me, I couldn't get much.

"Well, I shall wait in there for her return." Moriarty countered, he wanted to wait, must have been important. He gestured towards the first room on the right wall and I wondered what was behind the door, he must have been here before and knew it wasn't a broom cupboard or something.

Kate went to speak to stop him but Moriarty spoke over her, "And you, Kate, will tend to Miss Byrne's wound while I wait." Before Kate could argue and refuse, Moriarty had opened the door he gestured to previously and entered.

I managed to get a quick glance at the room itself and smiled, living room. So he had been here before.

"Follow me." Kate demanded, although not like Moriarty did, softly but the posh tone to her voice gave her that sternness.

With one fleeting glance at the locked front door, I grumbled under my breath and wandered after her as she headed for the door at the end of the corridor.

It was the kitchen. A very modern kitchen, open plan with a dining room on one side and the kitchen area on the other. An island in the centre of the kitchen area and a workbench across the middle, that separated the kitchen and dining room.

"Take a seat." She demanded and I looked around at the chairs at the dining table, the stools at the island and the ones up by the middle workbench.

I shrugged over at her as she reached into a high cupboard and glanced back at me, "Up on the island, I need to be able to reach your cheek."

"Right." I nodded and wandered over to the bright white worktop, running a hand over the cleanliness before hopping up to sit there.

When Kate walked over, she looked at me with disgust and I smiled awkwardly. Nervously, my legs were swinging and my boots occasionally hit the cupboards below.

I realised that's probably one of the main reason why she was glaring at me and stopped, tucking my hands underneath my thighs. "Sorry." I said softly and grimaced.

Kate just sighed and dropped the first aid kit, she had in her hands, onto the worktop next to me and opened it up. "How did you get that then?" She asked, forcefully trying to make conversation while she took out the things she needed.

"Well, I was kidnapped so... probably at some point then." I answered, honestly, not needing to hide anything from her as my situations seemed rather obvious.

She approached my face with a bit of cotton wool and I flinched when she got close, "I need to help you." She sighed and put the wool to my face.

It stung and I jerked back, "Why?" I asked in response to her previous statement, I glared at her as best as I could with my face contorted into one of pain.

Kate grabbed hold of my chin and pulled me close, putting the wool back on my face and I winced. "Because, otherwise he'll-"

"Kill you." I said through the pain as she continued to dab at my cheek.

"Yeah." She said softly and looked solemn briefly before turning away to the first aid kit again.

Her head shot up as the front door unlocked and opened, "Kate?" An elegant voice resonated throughout the hall and into the kitchen.

I immediately looked out the kitchen door into the hall to see a beautiful woman, tall, thin and smartly dressed in a little black dress with heels, her hair pinned up delicately.

The woman wandered towards the kitchen, fumbling with her clutch bag, and when she entered she finally looked up.

"Oh, and who might you be?" She asked me politely, although just like Kate I could tell it was fake and there was a hint of caution in her voice. I decided against answering and bit my lip.

Kate forgot about me and leant her hip against the worktop, a slight smile on her face, "How was work?" She glossed over the woman's question and I looked between them awkwardly.

"The usual." The woman answered vaguely and put her bag on the worktop behind me. Her eyes were on me the entre time, scanning me and so I frowned and did the same.

????????

Nothing. Brilliant.

"Miss Adler?" Moriarty's voice echoed into the kitchen and all three of us stiffened at the sound of his voice.

So, this woman was the Miss Adler he'd come to see. Interesting.

She put on a fake smile and turned to face him as he stood outside the door to the living room, "Jim." She cooed and sauntered out the kitchen.

"We need to talk." Was all Moriarty said and I watched on in earnest.

"Well then, let me just go change." Miss Adler suggested and went towards the stairs in the hall.

She stopped as Moriarty said, "I don't have that sort of time to waste."

Yet, he waited for her to return. Must have been desperate to talk with her then.

"If you insist." Miss Adler finally agreed and made her way into the living room, Moriarty glowered at me before following her and closing the door behind them.

Kate forcefully turned my head straight and started to dab at the cut again, I tried not to grimace in pain this time but struggled. "So, that's... Miss Adler?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Yes." Kate answered pointedly and turned my head more gently to the right so she could get a better look at my wound, "There, you're done."

I smiled sincerely at her, "Thanks."

She said nothing and just packed the kit away quietly, I tried to tilt my head and see if I could hear what they were talking about in the living room but to no avail.

I was surprised at how calm I was being in the situation, any normal person would try to find something to knock Kate out with and then run but I guess I wasn't normal.

And I don't know if I wanted to leave.

I didn't know if Sherlock and John would believe me if I went back to Baker Street. And if not, where would I go? Moriarty would just find me again.

If they did believe me, I don't think I could shake the feeling that they were suspicious of me. That, I'd betray them at some point.

"I can assure you, Jim, she'll be well looked after." I heard Miss Adler say from the hall and I looked up to see them stood by the front door.

Moriarty had his hands in his pockets smugly, "I'm glad to hear it." Although he didn't sound it really, "I'll be in touch." Then he did something that surprised me, he put a hand on her upper arm and kissed her cheek.

He let her go and she smiled, well that was unexpected. "I'm glad to hear it." She quipped and Moriarty feigned a smile at her remark before reaching for the doorknob.

My eyes widened and I leapt off the worktop as he opened the door, I jogged into the hall and he stepped outside. Then, I stopped as the door swung closed and Miss Adler locked it behind him.

I could feel my heart beating faster and my breathing quicken, he'd left me. Just gone, left me here. Had he forgotten about me? Or? No.

When they'd left the living room, they couldn't have been talking about me. Could they?

When Miss Alder turned away from the door, she seemed shocked to see me standing there, "So, you're Darcy?" She questioned.

I nodded slowly and kept my eyes fixed on the door, not saying a word.

"How old are you?" She pressed and I noticed her cross her arms loosely.

I looked her in the eye and whispered, "Seventeen."

A smile came across her angular face, "Perfect."

I frowned, "How d'you mean?"

"That's the first thing that has to change." She answered.

I shot her stern look, "What?"

Miss Adler just smirked wickedly and I immediately became wary as she said, "Welcome to your new home, Darcy dear."

Home.

Home? This absolutely, beautiful palace was not my home. My home was a dusty, cluttered, severed body part filled flat on Baker Street.

Who does she thinks she is?

~~~~

Thoughts? Uploaded both the prologue and first chapter... got really into this and I can't wait to write more!

Not a really long chapter... it was going to be but then I changed my mind >-<

Voteee and commmmeennntt... thanks, much appreciated ;)

-HBH xxx

Disclaimer- I don't own any of the characters, except Darcy, or any lines from the show. Those rights belong to the BBC and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1.4K 27
Beretta Holmes only wanted to live a life far away from the influence of her brothers. Holing herself up in a small town far away from Baker Street...
21.8K 1.1K 54
[COMPLETED]- 70K WORDS Book-2 Is Out!!! Here is the link- https://www.wattpad.com/story/278535595-eyes-on-you-book-2 Caring is not an advantage, he...
309 13 10
John Watson wrestles with a shocking tragedy. Anita Holmes is off the grid- pushing her way through her grief by herself. Meanwhile, Sherlock Holmes...
178K 5.3K 34
If your mother had been killed, where would you go? If you received a strange text, would you trust it? If you'd never met your father, would you w...