Escape

Por arilioness

A colab piece with Kloe195, my BFF. This is an original story. All OC's (Seth, Scout, Ryker, Jason, Cade, Jor... Mais

Prolouge
Finally
Scout
Jason
Ryker
Cade
Chapter II: Escape
Scout
The City
Jason
WTF
Ryker
Dinner?
Cade
Chapter III: No Way
Scout
Where?
Jason
Who Are We?
Ryker
Respect
Cade
Chapter IV: Twins
Scout
Twins Revealed
Jason
Ryker
Moving Out
Cade
Chapter V: The Rebellion
Scout
It's Broken
Jason
Jordan's Fears
Ryker
Fears of Shiela
Cade
Chapter VI: What Now?

Babysitter?

2 1 0
Por arilioness

"Ryker...Ryker...Ryker..."

"hrmansbhdsbhm"

"Ryker..."

"Handebwjbmsmna an"

"Ryker..."

"I'm awake!"

"Yeesh, sorry." I mumble, pulling my knees up to my chest. They were out late last night. I was long gone by the time they must have come home. Ryker has his face buried in his pillow, his blanket wrapped around him. All that is visible is a bush of bright red hair. I sit there, huddled on the couch, watching the lifeless body on the floor before continuing.

"Ryker?"

"WHAT!" He groans. I roll my eyes at the ginger's annoyed state. He isn't gonna talk. I quickly slide my feet onto the floor and grab the blinds, yanking them open. Light floods through the window pane and I welcome the warmth.

"AHHHHHHHH. MY EYES! CLOSE THE BLINDS! HELP ME!" Ryker shouts, rolling around it what looks like pain. I quickly shut the blinds, not wanting Ryker to wake anyone up.

"Yeesh, what are you? A vampire?" I mutter. Ryker simply responds with a groan and scrunches up into a little ball. Just in that moment, Cade rushes into the living room. Her hair is messy as hell and her pajamas are all weird.

"Scream. What. Ok? Early." She mumbles, trying to wake up. Ryker moans again, and at this point, he is only a pile of blankets on the floor.

"Loud. Shut up." I look at him confused. Cade had only been at the sound level of a whisper. How could that be loud?

"What are you talking about?" My words cause the figure on the floor to wince. Cade laughs and pulls her messy brown locks away from her face.

"Relax Seth. I believe Ryker is experiencing a hangover." She laughs. I've heard of those from people at work. It sounds like hell from what I can tell. Before I can respond, the mess on the floor jumps into the air.

"Vomit." Ryker yelps before running to a nearby plant and hurling in it. I look at him wide eyed, not able to comprehend what just happened.

"Did he just...?"

"Yup." Cade says, grabbing the plant and shoving it into the trash can. Ryker's skin is awfully pale compared to normal and his eyes are bloodshot. He looks almost sickly pale.

"Sef," He manages to slur before falling towards the ground. I catch him in the nick of time and help him to the couch.

"Listen. I have to be out in twenty minutes. You have to take care of the guys. And all three have hangovers I'm going to assume. See you." She says, heading to the bathroom. "But first..." She mutters. She comes back, dragging an extremely disgruntled Scout. She looks like she could rip off our heads. Cade deposits her onto the couch. She falls onto Ryker, no sense into her.

"One second..." She brings Jason out as well, dropping him next to Scout. "Now I have to go. Your job is to watch them. Have fun!" She scurries off into the bathroom. I sit there dumbfounded. Really? I have to take care of three people with obvious hangovers? Dear lord help me. She walks out, ready for her day. "See you later, Seth! Good luck!" She calls, shutting the door.

I growl in frustration. I look back at the three previously drunk at hand. I have to watch them. Are you serious? Scout stands up quickly.

"Woah, woah, where do you think your going?" I say, grabbing her by the shoulders before she can fall onto the ground. She says nothing yet continues her struggle to walk forward. Annoyed at her inability to listen to me, I ask for help. "Jason, could you give me a-"

When I look over to the place he lay, I see the weirdest sight ever. The tall, fit, broad shouldered man is sitting on top of Ryker, staring at a piece of paper in his hand. Ryker has obviously given up on struggling and is simply lying there, face down into the sofa.The most interesting part was the difference between the two. Ryker's ice pale skin contrasts so much with Jason's olive tan skin. Ryker looks like a ghost.

"What are you doing?" I question, shoving Scout into the armchair. When she tries to get up again I push her with more force. "Oh, and do we have rope?" Jason doesn't look up from the piece of paper yet doesn't ignore me.

"What exactly happened last night? And look in the closet by the front door." I nod, running to the wooden door beside the main one. When I open it, an empty closet is revealed. Exempt from the box of crayons and jumble of rope that lays in the center of the small space.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact they have rope in the closet. I scoop up the rope and turn to Scout who has once again ventured out of the chair. I rush over to her once more, pushing her into her seat. When I think she's as settled as she'll get, I begin strapping rope across her and the chair.

After about three minutes, I finish and turn to look at the boys who are in the same position as before. But this time, Jason's mumbling something.

"How the hell did I get his number?"

"Who's number?" Ryker chokes from below the taller, man.

"I don't effing know. That's why I'm asking!"

"Call it dumbass." Ryker coughs, and then throws up onto the floor. I wrinkle my nose.

"Oh no no no no no no! You are not calling that number!" I call, snatching it from Jason.

"Uh Seth, can you let me go? I'm not even that bad. I had a shot glass of whiskey." Scout grumbles.

"Then where were you trying to go?" I demand, standing farther away.

"I was going to take a shower, then Cade dragged me out here." She struggles against the crappy rope job I did.

"How was I supposed to know? I thought you were going to murder me."

"I will if you don't let me go." She gnarls. I undo the rope and run behind the chair, fear in my eyes. "Bastard." She stumbles into the wall before closing the door.

"Now I'm left with you two..." I sigh. Jason finally gets off Ryker and is sitting in the chair originally occupied by Scout. 

"What happened?" He asks me.

"You left me here. And for good reason. You guys are so messed up." I say, looking at Jason. His eyes have rings under them, and his olive skin is paler. 

"I'm sure." He responds, still looking at the paper. 

"Here. I'll call." I say, snatching the paper before he can react. I punch in the numbers in using Jason's phone on the counter.

It rings once before a reply is heard. "Jason! Baby! Finally decided to call did you?" A girl squeals. In my best impersonation, I ask her,

"What's your name again?" She tsks and gasps before responding.

"It's me. Veronica. From last night." I cover my talking piece and shout to Jason.

"It's that Veronica ditz from last night." He glances over, trying to recall her. His face sparks in recognition.

"Oh her. Her... boyfriend came over after she left."

"Sorry but this isn't Jason. This is his roommate, and he says that your boyfriend, your ex, I should probably add. He confronted Jason. The bastard. Also, lose this number, never call again, and get lost jerk. Jason isn't interested." I explain, shutting off the phone, and blocking the number I just called.

"Nice one." I hear a gruff voice. I turn around and see Scout's brown, wet hair. She leans against the wall. I smile a little.

"I see you look better." Better is relative. She looks clean, yet she's still even paler than usual, and her eyes are dilated, and no longer look calculating, but just crazy, tired, and post drunk.

"You- You have no idea how many girls have tracked us down and I've had to answer the door and push them out the door."

She staggers in, and falls onto the couch next to Ryker. "Is he ok?" She asks, looking down. I shake my head.

"No. He's got a major hangover." Ryker makes a disgruntled noise and falls off the couch, flailing.

"Ow." He says meekly. Scout groans and throws a blanket over him.

"Hey Seth? Could I ask you something?" Scout asks, her head swaying back and forth. I nod my head. "Sorry if it sounds needy, but you saw I ran into that wall. I have a pounding headache. I was wondering if you could get some water and ibuprofen for me... please?" She adds the last word as a question.

Mind. 

Blown. 

Scout was nice and said please. I just nod, mute to all sound in surprise. I go and get the entire bottle of ibuprofen, knowing we would need it, a plastic bowl, and a water bottle. I carry the three things in, tossing the two items to Scout and placing the third in front on Ryker.

Thud. Thunk. "Ow. Damn Seth. You should know not to throw things to a person who was previously drunk. You little bastard." She says, back to her usual self.

"Hey Jason..." I pause, looking around. Behind me, Jason is holding up his lighter, a little flame on it. His eyes are fixed to the flame. His hand holds the piece of paper containing the number. He laughs like a child. He drops it onto the lighter and cackles in laughter.

"Jason!" I cry, taking the lighter from him. His eyes go sober almost immediately. "Give. The. Lighter. Back." He says. I shake my head.

"But I have this number I still need to burn." He pouts. I sigh, rubbing my temples.

"What if you want that number?" I ask, looking at him. What the heck? 

"I should call it." He rushes over and picks up his phone. He punches in the number before I can stop him.

"Hey there... Jordan." He slams the phone down, looking with wide eyes, a deer in headlights. "I'll be in my room." He rushes away, his head down, and he leaves his phone on the counter. I save the number and put it down. The door slams and a thunk tells me he slammed his head onto the door.

"Moron." I mutter, before turning back to the two.

"That's right Jason, you better run!" Ryker calls, throwing his hand out.

"He wasn't running from you, dumbass." I murmur. Ryker buries his hand and head back in the blanket. That lasts two seconds before he groans and heaves out more alcohol into the plastic bowl.

Scout growls and picks up one of my favorite romance novels, aiming it at Ryker. "No!" I call, catching it before it nails his head. "I just saved your goddamn life." I mutter to him, but Ryker doesn't care one bit. "We don't throw books. Especially not Cade's books." I add. She huffs, grabbing a lamp this time, unplugging it. I drop the book onto the chair, and snatch the lamp. We wrestle for it, but me being the sober one, I win. "No throwing things!" I shout.

"Stupid romance novel reader." She grumbles.

"Shut up. To loud." Ryker moans again before heaving bile into the bowl. Eugh. He buries his head back into the blanket, just a tuft of red hair. I sigh and Scout sits there, drinking water.

"You only took two ibuprofen right?" I ask, looking at the bottle.

"Of course, stupid. Even kind of on a hangover, I can think straight. Mostly. Wait... Two is this many, right?" She holds up bunny ears.

"Yeah." I answer, slowly.

"Then yeah. I took that many." She responds, the corners of her mouth turning up. Even not thinking right, she won't smile. Damn it.

"Shut up. To loud!" Ryker complains again. Deciding to be annoying, I make a dying animal noise, and a hand creeps out from under the blanket, feeling around on the floor.

Finding the book I saved him from, he blindly chucks it at me. I shout and duck. It makes a crash against a wall. "I told you shut up." He mutters, rolling over, again just a tuft of red hair. Scout glares.

"This is why he's never going drinking again. And this is why you're not either." She adds, slurring just slightly.

"Hey, Shcout." Ryker says. She looks at him. She goes and sits next to him, her head swaying dizzily. He starts to lean toward her and she moves away, letting him fall back down. "That washn't very nishe." He pouts. "Ugh."

Scout goes back over to the couch, not responding to Ryker anymore. She lays down, and her eyes shut. "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up... and I'll hunt you down and kill you with a kitchen knife." She growls, turning over, and she's out. No more angry post drunk pit viper. At least for two hours. Probably more. She'll sleep it off. I glance at the hibernating viper once more, deciding she's asleep.

Ryker groans, his head leaning towards the bowl. I go and dump it out. Ugh it smells so horrid. I put it back, and Ryker is sacked out. Thank goodness. I go and knock on Jason's door. No answer. I crack it open and Jason's eyes are closed, one hand thrown over his eyes. I close it, deciding not to bother him. I go back to the living room and sigh, flopping into an armchair. I still have to watch them.

I flip open my phone and text Cade. When are you back? Two minutes and a response. It must be a break in between songs.

Still a while. How's it going?

Great. Scout needs to get drunk more. She's kind of nice. Ryker not so much, Jason, eh. He acts like a child.

Glad to hear it. I'll see you around four. Conversation over. I heave a breath, glancing at the clock. Only 11. I have five more hours with them. Dear me. What to do? I gaze at the book Ryker threw. I smirk and pick it up, going to page four. I didn't get very far. I was listening to the girls' conversation last night. Yes I know, I read romance novels, but I like how their worlds are near perfect when mine is so messed up.

For another three hours, I finish the book, flicking my gaze at the two sleeping figures who are out like lights. I turn on the radio, and hear something that catches my hearing. I put the book down and listen. "Recently, the mayor has gone missing, as well as several major authority figures all across the globe. The police, CIA, and FBI are working to figure out what's going on. But nobody knows. Not to mention some of the forces have gone missing, along with citizens. Our question, what's going on, and who's behind it?"

My eyes widen. After all this time, could the Imperium start to strike? I know that their roots are everywhere, and I know the Mayor is part of the Imperium. I've heard of him. He came to speak to my History class once. I hated that lesson. I rush from my seat, stepping over Ryker, and run to Jason's room. I bang on the door. "Jason! Get up!" I shout, hitting the door still. Suddenly the door opens and I stumble a few paces.

"What is it?" I shake my head.

"Call Cade. And Jordan. Tell him to bring Sheila. I'll wake the guys up. It's serious." He pauses. "It's the Imperium. I just heard on the radio. People are going missing. The mayor is with them. They're striking. We have to call people." Whatever trace of Jason being drunk and hungover vanishes.

"Alright. You get Scout and Ryker sober. I'll call the others. We're leaving tomorrow." He says, closing his door. Scout will be easy, but it will take both of us to get Ryker out of his stupor. I run back to the living room where both are still sleeping.

I go to Scout on the couch, and shake her. "Scout. Scout." I murmur. She grunts and buries her head into the blanket. "Scout! SCOUT!" I shout at the top of my lungs, shaking her hard. She growls and tries to hit me, and her eyes open.

"What the hell Seth? Don't know you I am or maybe was hungover?" She sounds fine. No slurring, no wandering eyes. She rubs her head. "Yeah, over the hangover. Just have a headache and am thirsty." She mutters to herself.

She takes another two aspirin, and swallows the rest of the water in the bottle. "Now. What the hell did you get me up for?" She says, her eyes now completely alert.

"I heard the radio. Imperium. Striking. Need to get Ryker..." I trail off, amazed at her turn around from being drunk.

"Got it." She goes off into the kitchen. The faucet turns on, and I hear ice cubes clatter in. She smirks. "I did this last night. Help me get Ryker." She states, making her way to him.

She lifts the still sleeping Ryker and carries him to the kitchen. "Keep him up right." She order, taking the back of his head, and dunking it into the full sink, which I imagine is freezing. She holds it there for ten seconds. His head starts to move, and then shaking. She lets go and water splashes everywhere, and Ryker gasps. His eyes are wide as he splutters for breath.

"Scout? What the hell?" He says, breathless. Her head shakes vigorously. Her eyes are once again cold and hard.

"Shut the hell up, Ryker. Right now, from what I heard, there's something on the radio. I imagine it was people going missing. That means it's the Imperium. They're striking. Now." How did she piece that together? Her gaze rounds on me, intensity almost burning into me. "Where's Jason?" She demands.

"Calling the twins and Cade. They should be over." I stammer. What happened? This morning she was hungover, now she's taken control. It was an intimidating personality to be near. Ryker stares at her.

"Scout, what's going on? Why did you..." He trails off. Her eyes and head snap to him.

"Ryker Sander, didn't I say shut the hell up?" She almost shouts. My jaw drops. She's never responded to Ryker like that. It was shocking. He was shocked too. Her jaw starts to move as she mutters to herself I think. It was little strange. It was like her jaw was sideways, which is an awkward way to speak.

"Alright. Let's get the place nice looking. We need to make it look like we are still here. Or else someone will go looking and they will go looking. Considering some of the police force is under Imperium control. I'll write a notice that we're moving to the landlord. They're not under Imperium."

We stare at her, at her authority. "What are you waiting for?! Idiots!" She shouts, and storms out. She comes back in and cleans the bowl Ryker was using. "Why the hell are you still standing! Get moving!" She screeches. We scurry out, to the living room. I gather and fold the blankets.

"Is Scout ok?" I ask. Ryker, plugging the lamp in again, shakes his head.

"No. This is bad." Is all the says as we put the blankets in the closet. Scout looks at us, from the doorway.

"Pack your things. Only the essentials. Hang on Seth." She says, going to her room. She comes back out and hands me the things that were confiscated. "We'll need these. Sorry I took them, but there they are now. Get packed." She repeats again. She starts talking, her jaw moving sideways again. Huh?

I gather my clothes and stuff them into a small knapsack. Ryker does the same. It's a hushed, tense silence. I dare not break it. I put my three favorites books in, not bearing to leave them behind. Jason comes out. "I see you got the guys moving. Scout's packing her things as well." He adds. "I've called the guys. They'll be here in an hour." That'll make it five thirty.

"Why so late?" I ask, pausing before getting my gel.

"They need to the same thing. Jordan and Sheila. They have to make the place look like it's still inhabited and not left in a hurry. And they have to pack and such. Plus they probably want to talk about this. Cade will be back from her other gigs by then." He explains. I nod, getting my gel and such, but leaving the toothbrush.

The rest of the hour is spent in tense silence. Scout paces back and forth in the open living room, wearing a path in the carpet, her nose in a book, her gray eyes scanning the text. Her jaw keeps moving. I don't get it.

Ryker sits in the chair, his eyes following the anxious girl. He looks nervous too. His nerves seems to reflect off of Scout. I sit on the couch, reading, keeping my eyes open. We don't dare listen to the radio, in fear of more news. Finally we hear a clatter, and Cade walks in, her eyes wide. Scout looks up, and finally stops pacing.

"Finally. Get your things packed, only the essentials. We'll explain more." She says, going back to reading and pacing. She nods, her eyes following her for a moment, and then she runs away. I follow her to the room, wanting to talk. It's simple.

"What did Jason say?" I ask. Cade doesn't look up from her work.

"All I heard was get home soon. Something about the Imperium. I don't know much else. Can you explain?"

"I'll explain when we're all at the table. Jordan and Sheila will be joining us soon. So we need to get dinner." She nods, and zips up her bag. I know she'll grab some books later. We head to the kitchen, and start on a really simple, last minute meal of chicken and noodles. We'll pack the non perishable foods later, divide it up. The doorbell rings and Jason answers it. Jordan and Sheila drop two bags beside the door, already packed.

We gather in the living room, all anxious. "Alright. I don't know much. I was asleep. So Seth. Tell us." All eyes turn to me, nervous, almost fearful. I recount what I heard and all jaws drop. Sheila speaks first.

"I know it's the Imperium. We all know that there's a lot of people in the police and such, and we all know the mayor is with them. It has to be." Cade rushes to check on the food.

"Alright. So we all stay here, and we move out at dawn. I have to work tonight. Let them know I'm quitting and that I want what I have for this month in payment, in cash, that night. Sorry guys." Jason explains.

"I already took our last pay and the letter of moving to the landlord." Scout added.

"For now, we just need to relax. There's nothing more that we can do." Cade comes back in, her eyes trying to be joyful.

"Food's ready, and we need to eat. Who knows when we'll get another good meal?" She asks. We all head over, and sit down in a tense silence, unsure what will happen in the near future.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

36.6K 659 30
Kᴀᴛʀɪɴᴀ ᴡᴀs ɴᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. Sʜᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɪɴᴅ. A ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ᴀ ʀᴜʟᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏsᴇ. Eᴀʀᴛʜ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs...
69.4K 2.4K 88
Titans S1 - ❝ the 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 will know our names ❞ Titans S2- ❝ we will be 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 ❞ Titans S3- ❝ shall we show them what 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒔 can do...
10.4K 353 20
You don't usually ride the bus to school, but this month is different and -HOLD UP- is that the Hall of Justice? Are superheroes real now? Is the who...
56.9K 961 30
just tratie oneshots because I am bored I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS ONLY THE ONESHOTS!!!!!