Zih'aira

By PrettyTea

Meet 19 year old Zih'aira (Zy-air-a) King. Abondoned by the one she loved and left to raise a child on her ow... More

Zih'aira
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Seqeul ?

Epilouge

11.6K 492 278
By PrettyTea

Zih ,

1 year and 6 months later .

I looked down at the Ivory Vera Wang dress with the deep sweet heard neck line with a light flare at the waist, and smiled . Today was actually happening . And I couldn't believe it .

Staring into the mirror , I smoothed my baby hair a little with my fingers . My hair was pressed bone straight , and my makeup was light . Puckering up my lips , I applied another coat of M.A.C lipstick and smiled at my reflection .

"You look beautiful ." Karen said . I looked behind me to find her and Maria smiling . Chelly , helped me with my shoes , a crystal pair of peeped toe Louboutin's .

Meagan entered the room with Morgan and Zuri on her hip . They took a potty break but soon they'll be lacing the walkway with red , white and pink rose petals .

Zuri pushed her way out of Meagan's arms , almost causing Meagan to drop her , just so she can run to me . I placed her on my lap and we shared 2 quick kissed .

"Ma ." She smiled .

"You ready mommy's pretty flower girl ?" I asked , touching her hair . She had soft Shirley Temple curls with gold pins pushing them from her face .

"Mhmm." She nodded up and down rapidly . I knew her head had to hurt .

"Ok. Go get your basket from Auntie Meagan ."

She jumped off my lap and ran to Meagan .

Within minutes Nico was knocking on my door , saying they were ready .

Meagan and Chelly kissed me , and took the girls with them .

"Stop being nervous . Relax ." Karen told me , combing my hair once again for me . I decided not to wear a vial .

"If I knew any better , I'd say it was you who was nervous ." Maria said , noticing that she was once again combing my hair .

"Hush . But Zih , we have to take our seats . See you soon ." Karen laughed , dragging Maria with her .

Staring in the mirror , I instantly thought of my mom . I really wish she was here , but I know she's watching . "I love you mom ." I whispered smiling .

Soon , my dad walked into the room .

"You ready ?" He asked , reaching for my hand and helping me stand up from the stool .

"Yeah . More then I've ever been ."

"Zih , I love you more then you ever know . I know you got your own kids and have an idea . You will always be my little girl . I'm happy you've found Karti . He's my son in two way . . ." he laughed " . . . and he's lucky to have you . Your mom would be very proud of the woman you've become ." he paused , holding back his tears . "I'm honored to be your father . You know that ?"

"Yeah , I know dad . I love you more . Now come on old man . Lets get this show over with ." I joked , intertwining our arms .

As if on queue , when we got to the beginning of the isle the pianist began keying the song . I gave my dad a quick glance before we started walking . I smiled at everyone in the crowd , but my focus was only on Karti , who stood next to the pastor in his Ivory tux , red and pink vest , and the matching untied bow tie . His tattoo's brought out the roughness in his appearance . Before I knew it , my dad was placing my hand into Karti's .

I smiled looking into Karti eyes the whole time . Everything the pastor spoke was a blur . I was anxious for the "I Do"

"Zih'aira we've been in once another's life for almost 6 years . We have a 4 year old son together and a 1 year old daughter . There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you . You got me up here feeling like putty all soft and stuff . . " he laughed " . . . but it's cool . That's just one of the effects you have on me ma . I love this . This family feeling and I never want to give it up . I want this forever . To be able to grow old with you and watch our kids grow up . Through better or worse . We've already been there . Baby , our bond is so strong and invincible . Im honored to become your husband . Nothing can stop this . And I mean it ."

I paused for a moment . I wrote mines , but standing up here Im at a lost for words .

"Uhm , I actually wrote my vows . Funny how not a single sentence except I love you , is coming to me . Kartier , like you stated , we have been through better or worse . 6 years ago , I never would of seen us where we are now . We share 2 beautiful children , who I know is the center of your universe as well as mine . Your a good person , awesome friend , exceptional lover , and a magnificent father . I love you so much Karti . . ." I paused , trying not to mess up my makeup ". . . you honestly complete me . My better half . I cant picture me without you . You've been nothing short of perfect since the beginning . I cant thank you enough . Were young , but baby that only means we have lots of years together . Im ready ."

He gently wiped my tear away . The urge to kiss was so strong between the two of us .

"Do you Kartier , take Zih'aira as your wife ? Your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as death do you part ?" He asked Karti .

"I do." Karti answered , smiling at me .

"Do you Zih'aira , take Kartier as your husband ? Your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as death do you part ?" He asked me .

I took in a deep breath . "I do ."

"With the power , vested in me . I know introduce you as Mr. and Mrs. Kartier Gonzales . Karti , you may kiss your bride .

We wasted no time pulling one another's faces closer and kissing .

The crowd erupted in claps and smiled . I looked at my dad and Karen who were smiling , while holding Zuri and Kartion . They soon brought the two over and we took them . Greeting everyone and being congratulated from everyone , we took pictures and soon exited out of the big church . Karen and Maria took the kids to their cars while Jesus , Karti , my dad and I took pictures together . A lot of people left to go get ready for the reception , while others stayed to see everything from beginning to end .

After the photographer took maybe 190 more pictures , Karti dragged my hand and pulled me to the white Hummer Limo . Once inside he quickly kissed me , until we both out breath .

"I love you Zih . I promise to keep you and my kids happy ." He told me , sincerely .

"I love you more K . And I promise to do the same and fall short of nothing but perfect ."

He kissed me lightly .

We were on a tight schedule since we were already late .

"Baby , we got to get freshen up in the limo ." Karti smiled .

"No! I need to go to the hotel ." I protested .

"No can do baby . Go over there and use the wet bar . I already had Dale place soak and wash cloths in here earlier ."

I took in a deep breath and unzipped the dress . This expensive ass dress , and he got me disrespecting it by having it crumbled up on the floor of a damn Limo .

I used the DOVE soap to freshen up and Karti soon followed .

When we pulled up to the Renaissance Hotel downtown , the chauffer opened our door , where the party planner was waiting on us by the door .

"Mrs. and Mr. Gonzales , your party awaits you ." He smiled .

When we entered the ballroom , we smiled in satisfaction . He did his thing . The cream and gold theme was perfect . The lighting in the huge room was perfect as well . Each table had a picture of us and the kids , white roses with accents of gold , candy bags and thank you notes .

The DJ announced us over the speaker causing everyone to clap for us once again . Soon the party was started . Endless laughs , hundreds of smiles and non stop dancing .

We danced to our first song together , Keyshia Cole's "Better Me" , then to Trey Songz "Already Taken" , his request .

He danced with Karen to "Mama" by Boys 2 Men , then I danced with my dad to Beyoncé's "Daddy" . Everything was so perfect . . .

I had plenty of drinks and enjoyed myself .

As the night began to wine down , the party died down .

We were outside kissing the kids goodbye . I smiled as Maria walked them to the car . Jesus , Karen and my dad stood next to us talking . We we're leaving for the Virgin Islands tomorrow . Our destination for the next 2 weeks will be this beautiful resort in St. Johns .

"So Karti , how does it feels to be married ?" Jesus joked .

"Yeah , welcome to marriage hood young buck ." My dad cracked squeezing Karti's shoulder .

"Man , it feels wonderful ." He smiled , I branched away from their conversation to help Meagan with a drunk Chelly . Morgan's dad picked her up earlier .

"Girl stand up . Drunk ass ." Meagan hissed . The two were still in their bridesmaid dresses .

"Fuck you ." We both laughed at her failed attempt to walk away , but she ended up falling .

Our laugh short lived by gun shots .

Meagan quickly pulled me to the grown next to Chelly . I broke away and ran over to Karti , Jesus and my dad . My dad was on the ground ok , but what I saw next caused a ear bleeding scream to exit my mouth . The whole in Jesus's next just about dismantled his head . Next to him lay Karti with a hole in his chest .

I dropped to my knee's and cradled my husband in my arms . His mouth was bloody and his breaths were becoming shorter .

"Please baby hold on . Help is on the way . Stay with me Karti ." I cried . I heard Dale , Gee and Nico voice behind cursing and crying . Soon Karen's became clear and she passed out for the scene .

"I-I-I love you." Karti voiced , chocking on his blood .

"NOO! Karti , please hang on . We need you . Your kids and wife need you . Don't die on me . Not now please ." I cried , running my fingers over his handsome face .

"Tell m-m-my kids . I-I-I- l-love 'em." he whispered .

"Baby please hold on . You'll be able to tell him tomorrow ."

His breaths were becoming shorter and shorter . I head the sirens in the distance but they weren't coming fast enough .

"Damn Karti !" I yelled .

When I looked down , his eyes were closing slowly .

"No ! Stay awake !" I shook his body , which only seemed to make his eyes close fully .

"NOOOOOOOOO! Baby wake up ! It wasn't suppose to end like this !" I screamed , with tears and snob running down my face and onto his .

I kissed his bloodied lips and cried . Running my fingers through my hair , I knew my husband was gone . . .

"Why???" I cried , with my face buried into his neck .

"Sis , please get up" Gee begged rubbing my back . Dale voicing the same thing .

"No." I whispered .

Soon the police arrived with the paramedics .

When I felt arms pulling me away from Karti , I went ballistic .

"No ! Get the fuck off me !!! Let me go ! Please ." When I noticed it was my father , I broke down in his arms .

"My husband is dead ." I cried into his chest .

I looked around and noticed all the sympathetic looks on everyone face . I know I looked a mess with Karti's blood all over my dress , arms , neck and face but I don't care . My husband is gone . My better half , my best friend , my children's father , is gone . . .

THE END !

_______________________________________________

Feed back ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 34 25
When 18 year old Talia goes through some rough patches with her boyfriend Alex, but she seeks comfort from her best friend Michael he doesn't want to...
5.8K 44 34
Farren Was a normal 18 year old girl, she was finishing her last year of high school, on day Zak and the crew came to investigate at her house where...
59.8K 1.8K 20
Zi'aire is one of the best hair stylists in her hood . She's been taking care of herself since they released her from the foster home at age 18 . It'...