The Fifth Archangel

By ErinaceousFlower

- A Supernatural Fanfic - When the Winchester brothers go on a hunt for the archangel Gabriel with an arrogan... More

1: Archangels and Anti-Christs
2: A Deal With the Devil
3: Tortured and Used
4: Promises to Family
5: Stranded Without an Angel
6: Mirage Town
7: Healing the Hurt
8: Emotional and Weak
9: Gone... Again
10: It's About Perspective
11: The Black Room
12: Confessions
13: Pizza and Demons
15: Tears, Pain, and Humanity
16: Finding My Way
17: Too Good To Be True
18: Family of the Deceased
19: The White Room
20: Final Farewells
21: Begin the Destruction
22: Ruin and Revival
23: A.N.G.E.L
24: Blood Sigils and Witchcraft
25: Time Is Ticking
26: Letters of Goodbye
27: The Heavenly Ghost
28: A Bittersweet Return
29: Midnight Blood Rituals
30: Demons Begone
Author's Note
Epilogue: Back at it Again

14: Gail and Grace

1.2K 68 4
By ErinaceousFlower

I woke up in a big, wood room and sat up. It smelled like barn animals and freshly chopped wood. I was sitting on some hay with my wrists and feet bound. Holy fire encircled my hay.

In the dim light of the fire I saw Gail bound in the opposite corner. Her black hair was matted and she was unconscious. She was tied to two stakes buried in the ground.

"Crowley!" I roared. He appeared.

"Keistelle," He said, "I'm sorry I had to do this. I had orders."

"Orders." I said sarcastically, "Since when do you follow orders? Actually, since when do you even have superiors to give you orders?"

"They're not traditional orders, you see." He said, "Someone's paying me to do their dirty work."

"Who?" I asked.

Crowley smirked, "I think you know."

"You wouldn't have..." I said.

"I did." He smiled.

I groaned, "You talked to the angels?"

"More like they talked to me," Crowley said.

"What'd they offer you if you got Gail and I?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out." He smirked and began to walk out of the room, "Say 'Hi' to the angels for me."

"Crowley, wait." I called to him. He turned around. "Why did you want the exact wording of the destiny? Why go through all that trouble just to get a couple words?"

He shrugged, "I wanted to know if Gail was truly the 'archangel' in the prophecy. If she was, and I could sway her to my side, she would have been a good asset." I nodded.

"But was she? You know, the girl in the destiny?"

"Gail? Heavens no. Its you." He smirked and walked to the exit of the room.

"Wait, so you're just going to leave me here 'till my brothers show up?" I yelled to him.

"Yes. That was the plan." He smirked and teleported away.

"Dammit," I cursed and sat down on the hay.

Micheal and two of his minions appeared as the sun began to rise. "Ah, Keistelle. The Winchesters haven't come for you yet?" Micheal asked.

I stood up, "No, they have not."

"Oh, well that's too bad." Micheal said. Gail chose to wake up at this completely unideal moment.

"Hey, what's happening?" Gail asked.

"Gail-" I groaned.

Micheal pointed at her, "Go back to sleep, girl." Gail fell back to the hay, unconscious once again.

"Huh, so now what? You're going to kill us, aren't you?"

Micheal smiled, "Not exactly," He walked over to Gail. "She's one of a kind, Keistelle, really she is."

I glared at him.

"I understand, Kei, you love her." He said sadly, "But I warned you numerous times. You could have quit while you were okay."

He motioned for one of his minions to come over to Gail. The guy drew his angel blade.

"No!" I waved my bound hands and threw the guy across the room.

"Keistelle, do not interfere." Micheal chastised and motioned for his other guy to come over.

"No, Micheal. If you're going to kill her, do it yourself." I said.

He looked at me, then looked at Gail, then shook his head at his guy. "Fine."

He stared at Gail wistfully, one last time, and put his hand on her chest. Her back arched for a second, then fell back down. In an instant, she was dead.

I fell to my knees. I knew I should have been happy that she went peacefully, but I wasn't. She would have wanted to go down fighting, like a hunter. Water hit my hand, and I realized I was crying.

"No," I whispered, "No."

"She felt no pain, Keistelle." Micheal said.

I couldn't retort. I couldn't move. Gail was gone. Innocent little Gail was gone. I had made a promise to protect her, and I didn't. I failed.

"I'm sorry Keistelle, really, I am." Micheal said, "If you had let her go a long time ago, it wouldn't have come to this."

"She still would have died," I said, "Someone would have picked her off the playing field the moment I let her go. And you know it, Micheal."

Silence passed between us for a few minutes. Micheal's two minions looked uncomfortable.

"I don't want to kick you while you're down, but we also need something from you, Keistelle." One of Micheal's guys said.

I stopped crying, "What could you possibly need from me?"

"Payment." He said. "For Crowley." He walked closer to me, angel blade drawn. He had a tiny vile in his other hand.

But I wasnt focused on him. I was staring at Gail's lifeless body. How could she be gone? She was just a little girl. She had her whole life ahead of her, and I ruined it by shoving her into the hunting world.

Micheal's guy came closer to me, and for a split second, I had a realization: he was going to take my Grace. I wanted to fight, or even to move, but I couldn't. I physically could not move.

The holy fire around me extinguished with a wave of Micheal's hand, and the angel bent down to my level.

"Give me a second chance," I managed to whisper.

"You already had your second chance." The angel in front of me said. Then he made a tiny incision on my neck, and my Grace began to drip out. It poured into the little vile he held at my neck.

It felt as if my soul was being ripped from my body. It hurt more than being impaled with my archangel blade. It hurt more than losing Gail. It was the single most excruciating pain that I had ever felt.

It only took a couple of seconds for my Grace to leave me, but it felt like hours. When it was done, I fell to the ground. I slipped into unconsciousness almost instantly.

When I woke up, I was in a room with star maps on the walls. I was laying in a bed with a black and sky blue blanket over me. I was in my room in the bunker.

Cas was standing by my bedside.

"Cas, what happened?" I asked, my voice hoarse. My stomach felt like something was eating it from the inside, and my head felt like someone had jammed it with cotton balls.

"What do you remember?" He asked, avoiding my question.

"Crowley. And Micheal. And- and Gail." My eyes welled up with tears. "Did you save her?"

He shook his head regretfully, "It was too late when we found you." He paused and looked at me. "Are you alright?"

"No, Cas, I am not alright. The single most important person to me just died. And my Grace has been taken from me." I said in one breath.

"I'm sorry, Keistelle."

"Cas," I said, "Don't be sorry for the things that you couldn't have helped."

He looked at the ground.

"Cas look at me and give me a straight answer to the question I'm about to ask you. Understand?" He nodded.

I took a deep breath and said, "Cas, am I human?"

He took a minute before saying, "Yes."

So, that happened. Also, I updated! Thanks for reading it! If you enjoyed, please vote and comment as it would be just awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.1K 41
When "Ally", a nephilim, finally tracks down the angel Castiel that is her father she is met with the two Winchester brothers, who seem to have no kn...
30.2K 1K 29
Nephilim; The offspring of an angel and a human. Highly dangerous and wanted by all of Heaven immediately after conception. The Winchesters; Heaven...
13.1K 336 20
Bexley had been lost her whole life, unguided with no where to go. Of course she had her mother, who she knew loved her with all her heart. But Bexle...
185K 4.9K 32
Highest Rankings: #1 in Angels #1 in Sam Winchester #1 in Dean Winchester #1 in Nephilim #2 in Supernatural #2 in Heaven #4 in Winchester ~~~ ...