Rejected, But Life goes on...

By jezzy1901

Lilly's life gets turned upside down when she finds out that her life was nothing but a lie. Now she is faced... More

Part 1...the Beginning
Part 2...the truth
Part 3...Explanations
Part 5...a new beginning
Part 6...Lost
Part 7...unexpected
Part 8...James' side
Part 9...A song
Part 10...Did I do the right thing?
Part 11...The brother
Part 12...The Lilly
Part 13...Kara
Part 14...a rogue
Part 15...a Kick
part 16...finally
Part 17...breakfast
Part 18...Dr. Mills
Part 19...I Just Can't
Part 20...Names and trouble
21...
Part 22...

Part 4...everything changes

2.5K 49 11
By jezzy1901

*Re-cap*

I was waiting to fall right on my butt, but I felt a pare of strong arms grabbed me by my waist, preventing me from falling. I gasped as I felt sparks shot up and down my body, my heart beat went frantic, and when I looked up I saw a pare of thee most beautiful brown eyes in the world.

Crap…I’m in trouble.

*

He was tall, dark, and drop dead handsome. Obviously the typical things that all girls are looking for in a man, but dang I didn’t think I’d actually get one!

He had black hair that look really soft that I just wanted to run my hands through all day long. His body was well build and was showing rather nicely through his tight black shirt…

Wait what the hell am I thinking? I don’t know him. I just met the guy and I’m already picturing myself with him and imagining his body? Beside I have nick, who I l… wait, I don’t have the same feelings that I did before.

I still love Nick, but it’s as if all ties to him have been cut off from my heart. Why in the hell is this happening to me? Why now?

I was still staring at this guy who was suppose to be my mate, but I had just barley noticed that his face was expressing nothing. Like he was emotionless. When you find your mate aren’t you suppose to be happy? That is how I actually feel inside, happy.

He has finally let me go and said, “Who are you, and what the hell do you want?” breaking the awkward silence.

“Um…Ah!” I screamed out as pain shot through my entire body, bring me to my knees.

“Lilly!” My mom ran to me with panic clear in her voice. “What wrong?”

“Pain…everywhere…ah!” I screamed again as I felt my legs crack. What the hell is happening?

“Oh no,” my mom looked at me then at my mate then back to me, “Sweet heart, I didn’t get a chance to tell you, but when you find your mate early, you’ll also transform early.”

Crap.

*James POV*

I walked out of the bathroom, and saw… sally? Susie? Ah whatever her name was laying on the bed smirking at me.

“Baby, that was great. You sure you don’t wanna stay and go for another round?” She asked.

Hell no, that was a great lay, but I got to get out of here before she gets to attacked like the last chick!

I grabbed my pants and began to tell my well used excuse. “Sorry,”…crap what was her name?… “Sweetie, but I got to go, but I’ve got your number and will call you later, ok?”

Her smirk went into a very unattractive pout, “Please?”

Oh God, looks like she is already attached! “No, I got to go.” I said, kissed her forehead, grabbed my shirt and left without another word.

As I stepped into the elevator I slipped her number right between that little crack so that it’ll fall and never be found.

The thing that I hate about the city is that all the buildings are huge, I was 20 floors away from the lobby and then I still had a 2 hour ride back to the hotel. Ah I don’t think that chick was worth all of this.

At one this beautiful woman step in, and put on my trademark smirk that wins them all.

*

“Call me” She smiled and walked off.

Ok now she was worth it, but again I slipped her number through the crack, zipped up my pants and left.

*

I wonder what Anna’s daughter is going to look like, she knows what a player I am so wouldn’t let me see the picture of her daughter, but the Alpha said she had to bring me along seeing as I am the future Alpha and need to learn how to deal with the transformation of a wolf.

But, being the player I am, all I really wanted was to see if the daughter is as hot as her mom.

I honestly love the single life and I hope I don’t find my mate for another 20 years.

*

Finally I was here at the hotel, I got out the car and the wind blew right across my face and the most attractive scent filled my nostrils. It smelt life fresh mowed grass, lemon, and lavender, all my favorite smells.

‘Mate’

my wolf said in my head filled with joy, but I felt like a ball and chain had attached it’s self to my leg. Crap, you’ve got to be kidding me!

I walked right throw the door of Anna’s room and a girl walked right into me, she was going to fall right on her a$$, but I grabbed her by her waist and shocks ran through my body, and her scent filled my lungs again.

And just like that, I knew what I had to do, I knew that it’ll be hard, but I want to live out my single life a little bit longer.

I put an unemotional face when she looked up at me, God she was beautiful, her eyes were a striking grey-green and her lips looked really soft and kissable…

Wait stop! What the heck am I thinking?! She was still looking at me and I was praying that my face didn’t portray any weakness.

Time for the hard part, hopefully her mother would never find out or she’ll tell my dad. “Who are you, and what the hell do you want?”

‘What the hell are you doing?’

My wolf yelled at me.

‘Shut up.’ I said back and he did, but he also growled at me.

She back up from me with a scared look on her face and I instantly felt guilt wash over me, stupid mating.

“Um…Ah!” She screamed and fell to her knees. What the hell?

“Lilly!” Anna ran to her, so this is her daughter? “What’s wrong?” She asked and I could hear the panic in her voice.

“Pain…everywhere…ah!” pain? She was in pain?

Anna looked at me with shock in her eyes and then back to Lilly, “Sweet heart, I didn’t get a chance to tell you, but when you find your mate early, you’ll also transform early.”

So when you find your mate you’ll transform early? Crap that means Anna knows! Now how will I do this?

“James you have to help me get her to the woods.”

I looked at Anna then back to Lilly. Her face revealed all the pain she was feeling and I was starting to panic also. I bent down, picked her up and cradled her in my arms. God she felt so right in my arms.

“Which way? Door or window?” I asked, not knowing which would be better.

“Um…window. There’s less of a chance for someone to see us that way.”

I only nodded my head and made my way towards the window. Anna beat me to it, and left it open for me.

Once I was outside Anna led me to a clearing she had obviously prepared ahead of time for Lilly’s transformation, as it had a large blanket on the grass where I was suppose to set her down.

Once I had done that, her body started to shack, then there was another loud crack and her arms turned in a very unhealthy way.

I looked away, I couldn’t see her like that. I couldn’t see the pain on her face knowing it will be there when I reject her.

*

Contrary to what some books may say, transforming into a wolf isn’t fast and easy. It’s slow and painful. It’s already past 3:00 a.m. and she still hasn’t transformed, but she’s close. I can now faintly smell werewolf mix with her already amazing scent.

At the moment I was alone with her, staring at her beautiful face. Anna had to run home and tell her adoptive parents the Lilly would be spending the night here, saying that they had lost track in of time.

She had her eyes closed and I doubt she knew I was even here…good I didn‘t want her to know that I cared. How was I going to do this?

‘Don’t’

said my wolf. I just ignored him. I needed to do this, for me.

“Ah!” Lilly screamed again and then her shacking got worse. It was happening.

She was trying to stand up, but she was only able to got to her hands and knees. Her arms and legs started to stretch, growing to the length where she would be the actual height of a wolf, her clothes were shredded off and you could see her beautiful black fur grow all around her body.

*Lilly’s POV*

After all that pain, I was finally a wolf. I looked down at my paws and saw that my fur was a beautiful silky looking black. I was very excited, so I started to spin around, like I was chasing my tail…which I actually was, but I’d never admit it.

Out of nowhere I heard a chuckle and saw my Mate standing there just looking at me, but he quickly turned his face. I was going to walk towards him, when my mother walk into the clearing.

“My God Lilly, your beautiful! You look just like your father.” She said sadly. “James,” ah so the Mate has a name, James…I like it. “run with her in the forest, please.” oh jeez, as if I’m not nerves enough about having a mate I now have to go run with him?

He nodded his head and went behind a tree. When he came back he was in wolf form and his fur was a beautiful chocolate brown.

‘lets run.’

Whoa! ‘We have mind links?’ He nodded. ‘Cool!’and with that I took off running.

We were running in silence for long time when he finally asked us to stop. ‘what’s up?’ I asked when he didn’t say anything.

‘I don’t want you.’

What did he just say? And with that I felt a pain in my chest making drop to my knee. I don’t want a mate.’ and there was the pain again. ‘Why?’ I asked not liking this rejection. ‘I’m a player and I don’t want to be tied down with some chick.’ok ouch.

I closed my eyes as body started to shack again, but there was no pain besides the throbbing in my heart. When I opened them James was in front of me with his shirt in him mouth. I looked down and saw that I was naked.

I quickly grabbed his shirt and throw it on. He went behind a tree and I guess he was changing back into his human form as well. When he came back had no shirt and it made my heart hurt even worse.

“I’m sorry.” he said, not looking at me.

‘Jacka$$’

What the hell? ‘Oh, hi! I’m your inner wolf.’ Ok then….

“I really am.” James said, and this time he was looking at me, but with the same emotionless face as the last time.

I snorted, not believing his apology. “Sure you are” I replied bitterly. He sighed and started to walked towards me. “Back off.” I growled at him. The thing is, I was a really nice person, but when someone pisses me off then I can hold a grudge.

I was beyond angry though and I was ready to transform again when my inner wolf stopped me. You can’t transform anymore.’ And why not?! ‘Because you no longer have your mate, once a female loses or is rejected by their mate, the will transform is no longer possible.’ So I went through all the freaking pain for nothing?! ‘Well, you do still have your speed and strength?’ sure that’s helpful…note the sarcasm.

I was obviously to busy having the discussing with my wolf, that I didn’t notice how close James was to me, until he was holding onto my arms and the sparks shot through me. It was an amazing feeling…till I snapped out of and pushed his away from me.

“Don’t touch me.” I growled.

“Look I know your upset but, it’s better this way, I don’t want to have to explain myself you ever caught me with another girl.” Ok that did it, the tears started to fall. Picturing him with another girl hurt like hell.

“I’m…” He started to speak again, but I ran away from him. Not wanting to hear another word.

I really didn’t know where else to run but home and when I got there it was barley past 5:00 a.m. I walked through the door was greeted by my adoptive parents sipping coffee in the kitchen. “Lilly? You home early.” My father said as he pulled me into a hug.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Anna said that you guys lost track of time and you feel asleep on the couch.” Oh, she covered for me? How nice.

“Oh yeah. I just wanted to…um see you guys before y’all left for work.” I said only half lying.

“Awe sweetie, that was nice of you.” and with that he hugged me again and left for work, and my mom did the same.

I ran to my room locked the door and began to cry.

*James POV*

“Where is Lilly?” Anna asked.

“I don’t know, she rejected me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed it! Please show your support I <3 you all! :*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428 44 21
Aria always believed that she had everything she ever wanted: a loving family, acceptance into a good college, and of course her loving boyfriend. Bu...
443 3 30
Ava just came back from Greece as she decides to continue highschool back home with her bestfriends. She later on meets someone who makes her see a w...
1.8K 81 13
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
3.9K 153 22
Lily is 23 just graduated from college, lives with her best friend Anise and currently job hunting. She is just getting over a heart break from her e...