The Test Subject : A Detectiv...

By dorki-dorki-universe

I do not own anything in these stories except the plot, the character Ellie/Sophie, and her tree house. Zi zi... More

PROLOGUE
1 Awakening
2 A Bad Introduction
3 Flashback
4 Confession
5 Leaving
6 A New Pet
7 A Safe Shelter?
8 The Dream
9 Blowing My Cover
10 Explaining "My World" - Summery
11 The Heist
12 How To Split A Diamond
13 Aoko And The Box
14 Still Missing
15 Discovering Secret Plans
16 More Secrets
17 KID's Warning
18 Get Your Prize And RUN
19 In The Vents
20 The Jump
21 A Small Chat
22 Back "Home"
23 Captured
24 Promotions
25 Shrunk
26 Operation Save Sophie
27 Puzzled
28 Fan Girl Mode, ACTIVATE!!
29 Rescued
30 Another Small Chat
31 The Gift Of Remodeling
32 The Files
33 Being A Bully
34 My Daily Routine
35 Asking For Help
36 Kidnap Turned Murder
37 Lies
38 Bakery Chatter
39 To Bring, Or Not To Bring
40 The Meeting
41 Deceased
43 Tutor Lessons With Ran
44 Lone Dove
45 Friend Request
46 Invite To Tropical Land
47 Dream Wars
48 Car Ride
49 Partners
50 Stalker
51 Kaito And Aoko
52 Confusing Heiji
53 Arguments
54 THE FISH PUNISHMENT
55 Suspicions
56 House Of Mirrors To House Of Horrors
57 Lost
58 Smoke Bombs
59 Different Deductions
60 Ran's Rain
61 Rory's Kitchen
62 Questions
63 Explaining "My World" - Details
64 Bird Poop
65 Plans
66 Gin's Visit
67 Red Magic
68 One-Hit Kill
69 Contradicting Confusion
70 What's in the safe
71 Just A Drawing
72 Reunited
73 It's Your Fault
74 False Hope
75 English Statements
76 The Last Time?
77 Follow The Leader! (Or Cat...?)
78 Agasa's House
79 Translator Upgrades
80 Failure At Robbery
81 Lights In The Window
82 First Night Indoors
83 Fun And Games
84 Consequences
85 The Tour
86 Students And Teachers
87 I Haven't Learned My Lesson
88 Don't Shoot The Messenger
89 Bird Brains
90 More Trouble
91 Fight! Fight! Fight!
92 Well that Was Easy...
94 A Night Of Freedom
94 Dead?
95 Communication Problems
96 Waste Of My Time
97 It's Not Funny
98 Is It Too Late For Payback?
Announcement... Please Read
Messy Outline And Extra Tidbits
NEW STORY

42 I Don't Know What To Call This Chapter

294 21 9
By dorki-dorki-universe

♪ Happy birthday to me! happy birthday to me! happy birthday to meeeeeee, happy birthday to me! ♪

Hello melons, and welcome back! Fate (AKA my Nana) was so nice to give me inspiration for my birthday, and so I give you and all my other melons the gift of an extra-long chapter.

The song above (No, not the "Happy birthday song" I sang to myself) is called "Always be happy". I don't know Japanese, but it's cute and I love it. Nothing to do with the story. I just wanted it there. If you prefer English songs, there is a dubbed version on Youtube. Go look it up. ENJOY!!!

*=*=*=*=*=*

Ellie's POV

It's been almost a week since I last saw Rory. I haven't really left the house at all. I don't go wandering around town, watching people. I don't go looking for Conan and the Detective Boys. I don't go out to eat. And I definitely won't even look in the direction of the gas station or the bakery. But that won't stop me from thinking about them.

Almost every day, despite me trying to pretend I'm not home, the Detective Boys will drop by and try to lure me out of the shadows. It never works. Today was no different.

Like always, all the curtains were closed to hide me and the light was off. I had moved my hammock inside because of these kids and their yelling, and always had the "door" barricaded in case they tried to get in again like they did at first, but it seems they finally gave up with that. Zi zi is sitting on my lap while I polish off the carton the ice cream they had gifted me in the last visit. Even after I've been so mean... It's impossible to not hate these kids...

"Helloooooooooo Ellieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" Ayumi called up to me. "Ready to come out?!"

"What's the point? Did Conan even tell you why I do this yet?"

"Well, not really..." Mitsuhiko answered. "He says he wants you to tell us in your own time. We were hoping today maybe you could - "

I cut him off. "Until you know you'll never understand and even then I doubt you would. It's better you don't know. Unless Conan thinks your ready for this kind of drama..."

"See what I mean?! She won't budge!!" Complained Genta. This got my attention. All three of them know I won't come out, so who would he be complaining to? Did they bring a friend? Well, Haibara and Agasa also know, and there would be no reason for it to be a classmate... who else could it be?

All of them gasped in surprise as a floorboard creaked from my walking.

"She got up!! She's moving!! She's out of the hammock!!" They all cried.

I removed the curtain just enough so one eye could see out. "Is it really that big of a deal?"

"Yes!! You haven't moved in ages!!" To them, maybe, but when they're gone I move around the room a ton, so... I shrugged it off.

I looked down at each of their innocent smiling faces, inwardly groaning. "So, who is this guest with you today? You never brought anyone before." I scanned the area around them, but saw no one new. Must be under the tree, out of my eye site. Or I was wrong.

I was about to return to my hammock to mope some more but stopped before I could even close the curtains a voice stopped me.

"I'm sorry."

I looked down. "What's there for you to be sorry about?" I asked Ran, who was still hidden.

"Well, Conan did tell me what happened." The Detective Boys went berserk soon after, trying to pry the information out of her. She ignored them best she could. "And I'm sorry for not believing you. About your friend."

Just how much did Conan tell her? Which friend? I closed the curtain again, walking back to Zi zi. "It's ok. I don't blame you."

"His death must be having a hard impact on you."

"You think?" Ugh, I did it again!!! Why is it everything that comes out of my mouth sounds rude?!?! Stop it!!! "Umm... how much did Conan tell you?"

"Well, he claims it was everything but the story doesn't explain exactly why he snuck out in the middle of the night." So only up to Jaden's death? Nothing about Rory? No, of course he wouldn't, she's in the BO, duh.

"Well, thanks for feeling concerned for me. I guess..."

"We're not leaving without you!" Shouted Ayumi.

"Yah!! With Ran's help, we can get you out this time!! Definitely!!" Genta and Mitsuhiko chimed in.

"What, you plan on using force? That's why she came? You would have to pay for any damages you make, an it'll be hard not to make at least a few dents with that meathod. And if you're going down the 'threats' rout I'll tell you now I don't care. You can break my arm if you want, I'm not coming out." Normally I would be terrified of her Karate, but whatever. I'm not in the mood to be scared.

*=*=*=*=*=*

Ran's POV

Suddenly, there was a loud BANG!! and pink smoke exploded from the tree house's windows and cracks. Everyone coughed for a bit, and when it all cleared I was relieved to see nothing had been damaged from the smoke bomb.

Wait... why would she have a smoke bomb? That wasn't her's, was it? Pink smoke... It rings a bell... who do I know that uses pink smoke bombs?

I snapped back to attention at Ellie's yelling.

"PUT ME DOWN, YOU JERK!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! STOP IT!!!!!"

The Detective Boys had already circled to the back of the tree. I ran over to join them, and gasped at what I saw.

Ellie was hanging from a sturdy branch in her pajamas, swinging punches at THE Kaitou KID, who hanging from his knees just out of reach. The thief was obviously enjoying this.

"What's wrong, Ellie? I was just saving you from the prison!"

"IT WASN'T PRISON, I WANTED TO BE IN THERE!!!!! GET ME DOWN!!!!!!"

"Who want's to be all alone in the dark?"

"Me." She crossed her arms and just hung there, turning away from KID. "And our an idiot, ya know? I thought we agreed you could only come when THESE guys aren't here!" She gestured to the kids next to me. "and why in the world did you wear THAT of all things?!?!" She now pointed to his white suit. "DO YOU WANT TO GET ARESTED?!?!?!?!?!"

KID sat upright now, and pretended to pout. "KID will never get arrested, fool! And who are you to boss me around?! I can come when I want to!!"

"THEN COME IN NORMAL CLOTHES LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!"

He shrugged "Where's the fun in that? You know I like to have an audience!" He then waved down at us, smiling.

Not knowing what to do, I gave a small wave back. I think I was blushing. The Detective Boys also waved.

"Speaking of which..." He looked around the park. "Where is everyone? Why's the park so empty?"

"Rumors."

"Rumors? What kind of rumors?"

Ellie signed, not really wanting to say much more. KID tried again. "Care to explain?"

"What lies I tell people is none of your business."

"You started them?"

"Shut up."

KID shrugged it off again. "Fine, fine, tell me later. But you're staying there until I know." He jumped down and landed right in front of me, a rose appearing out of thin air. "Sorry for the short show, but I must be going or the milk will do bad."

I took the pink flower. "Uhh... what milk?"

"This milk." KID walked over to the foot of the tree and held up some groceries that I never would have noticed had he not pointed them out. I guess even KID needs to go shopping sometimes... Unless he stole them... "Well, see ya!"

"W-wait...!" Ellie started struggling again. "Let me down! Please!!"

KID kept walking. I stretched my arm out, stopping him. He looked at me confused. "It's not nice to pick on little kids. Get. Her. Down."

He chuckled, moving my hand aside. "Sorry miss, but I can't do that."

Sometimes he can REALLY piss me off!! What does Sonoko see in him?!?!

I rolled up my sleeves. "If you know what's for your own good, you'll turn around and do as I say."

He smirked. He thinks it's so funny?! I grabbed his tie and got ready to swipe that silly grin off his face when Ellie muttered something.

We both stopped and stared. "What was that?" KID asked, already knowing his question's answer.

"....magic.......child...park."

"I still can't hear you!!" Man, I hate his sing-song voice!!

"THE RUMOR IS A MAGIC DEMON CHILD LIVES IN THIS PARK!!!"

Both me and KID sweat dropped. "W-what...?"

"I had Akako's help. People believe that this park is cursed."

"Who's Akako?"

They both ignored my question. With a poof of smoke, KID was once again by Ellie's side, unhooking her from the branch. However, he didn't put her down just yet. He held her up so they were at eye level. His face changed to a serious and considered look.

"What did she do? Why did you ask her of all people? Did you really need to start that rumor? What good could it have done? Do you need to hide something? Or are you hiding from someone? Did Akako do anything else? Did she try to hurt you? Why didn't you ask me instead? Is it that hard to ask me for a favor? I would have done it!!" He rapid fired so fast I couldn't even understand half the stuff he said. Seriously, what is going on?!

"Kai - err, KID. Calm down. She did nothing to me or anyone else. I don't see why she would anyways. Is there something YOU'RE not telling ME? Because I don't see why you think I should fear her THAT much. Yah, she's a creep, but come on!"

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that!"

"..."

Ellie's feet finally stood on solid ground. "Well, stay away from her. Just in case."

"Sure, whatever."

KID picked up his groceries and was gone.

*=*=*=*=*=*

Ellie's POV

I sighed, looking at the 4 people with me. It was dead silent for a long time. And then they all started yelling at once. Ugh, I liked the quiet better...

"YOU KNOW KID?!"

"WHO'S AKAKO?!"

"HOW DID YOU MEET HIM?!"

"WHY DID WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT THIS RUMOR?!"

"WHAT DID AKAKO DO?!"

"WHY DON'T KID AND AKAKO GET ALONG?!"

"IS THIS WHY YOU STAYED IN YOUR HOUSE FOR A WEEK?!"

"DOES CONAN KNOW ABOUT AKAKO?!"

"HOW DID KID GET IN YOUR HOUSE?!"

"ARE YOU RELATED?! OR JUST FRIENDS?!"

"DO YOU KNOW KID'S SECRET IDENTITY?! WHY?! HOW?!"

"DID YOU EVER HELP WITH ONE OF HIS ROBBERIES?!"

"IS AKAKO KID'S LOVER?! OR DO THEY HATE EACH OTHER?!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER TELL US THIS?!"

"DOES KID COME HERE A LOT?! CAN WE SEE HIM AGAIN?!"

One of those red thingies anime characters get when they're angry popped on my forehead. They blabbed on. A few more showed up. They wouldn't stop. So I let it loose. "SHUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I quickly swung up to the top of my tree and sat there, covering my ears. They had not shut up. I wish I could just be surrounded by the darkness in my tree house, but because of that stupid barricade I put up, it would be a while before I could get in.

I frowned down on Ran and the Detective Boys and their billions of questions. They aren't going to leave until I answer them, will they? Ugh. Then I spotted it.

A white bottle lying in the grass with a blue label reading "milk".

I sweat dropped. Stupid Kaito.

*=*=*=*=*=*

TIME SKIP : FEW HOURS

*=*=*=*=*=*

Kaito's POV

I was sitting at my laptop, finishing off my homework, when the doorbell rang. I looked over at it. Who would just drop by this late at night? Cereous, I got up to answer it.

"Oh, hi Ellie! So my visit really did get you out off that turtle shell of yours!"

"I guess."

"Came by to thank me?" She threw a single punch, which I easily avoided.

"No." She held up a brown bag in her other hand. "I'm here because you forgot your milk. However, those 'audience members' of yours wouldn't stop pestering me and it went bad. So I got you some more."

"Oh..." Didn't really expect that... I smiled and took the bag anyways. "Thank you. Want me to pay you back?"

"No, it's fine." She smiled back. Something's off about her smile though...

"Umm... ok then..." I closed the door, and heard her giggles on the other side. What is wrong with her? Whatever. I opened the bag. Sure enough, there was some milk. And next to the milk was -

"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 985 31
This is a Detective Conan Fanfic. Christie Edogawa has been found by BO and finally has a chance to become Kudo again! With the help of some unexpec...
18 4 1
DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK TWO OF THE PANDORA SERIES. ADDITIONALLY, SOME EXPLAINATIONS ARE NONCANON. CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND DEPI...
3.5M 129K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...
3K 134 29
Two Girls One New World More Boys One Destiny Two paths to take Two girls, forced to save a world not of their own. Their lives already seemed diffi...