Letters from J

By sweet_nightmare92

Megan Fields is uptight and has no time for boys. She's boring and plain and hates parties. And did I mention... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 27

38.4K 1.4K 142
By sweet_nightmare92

Thank you, itzybitzy07 for this cute banner. :D

(P.S. This is unedited. So sorry for the errors you might catch that I obviously missed. Do tell me if you find them. Thanks and enjoy!)

~~~~~

"Tell me," Abby frowned as she sets her milkshake on the table. "How long are we gonna keep on eating lunch here at the library? It's already been a week! Please tell me you don't plan to eat in here until the end of the semester!"

"But I can't eat in the cafeteria." I answered with my mouth full.

"Can't or won't? You do know that you can't avoid them forever, right?"

I swallowed and sighed. "But I don't know what to do."

"How about giving them an answer then?" Abby suggested. Actually, re-suggested. She has been suggesting that since last week.

"And I keep telling you that I don't really know how to answer them. It's not like I studied about this before, you know." I took the last bite of my sandwich and wiped clean the crumbs on the table. The last thing I want is for the librarian to kick me out for eating in here.

"So you mean to say that if ever Josh or James shows up at your house tonight you'll just hide in your closet or lock yourself in the bathroom pretending to have an upset stomach?" 

I frowned at Abby. "Why an upset stomach?"

Abby rolled her eyes. "Not the point."

"I don't know." I admitted. "Maybe?"

Abby threw a book at me. "You are crazy!

"Awwww! That was painful." I complained.

"I don't think you girls should be throwing books around." 

I quickly turned around and was ready to apologize but sighed in relief instead when I saw that it was just Jess.

"That surprised me. I thought it was a teacher." I smiled at him.

He chuckled. "But I still think you shouldn't throw books at each other."

I shook my head firmly and pointed a finger at Abby. "Not my fault. She threw one at me."

Abby shrugged. "She made me throw it at her."

I gaped at her. "I did not!"

"Sure you did."

I rolled my eyes and turned to Jess. "Please don't mind her. She's just hungry."

"Because a certain someone didn't want to eat at the cafeteria." She muttered.

"What are you guys doing here? Studying?" He asked.

Beside me, Abby snorted. "Uh, we're uhm, yeah, kind of studying."

"Oh-oh! I know that kind of face." Jess smiled and sat across us. "That's the face the says 'We ate lunch here but there's no freaking way we are gonna admit that.'"

I looked at Jess in surprise as Abby laughed hard. "You, smart boy, ain't just smart for nothing."

"I think that's a compliment so thank you." He grinned.

Abby leaned forward on the table and studied him. "You know, you're actually pretty cute. Almost hot actually. And if I didn't have a boyfriend and you didn't have the hots for my best friend then I'd totally go for you."

Jess and I blushed at the same time. "Abby!"

And of course, because she's Abby, she just shrugged feeling not guilty or ashamed at all. "What?!"

I cleared my throat and faced Jess. "Uhm, just don't mind her, please." Jess nodded and composed himself although he looked a little bit uncomfortable. Thanks to Abby's bluntness. "But really, we're really studying. See?" I lifted the nearest book to show him.

"Okay. If you say so. I haven't seen you in a while at the tutoring center. I know you're already done with your sessions with James. But you can still come, you know."

I smiled. "I know. I have just been busy. But thanks."

"Alright. And hey, you know that you can always talk to me right? I mean, if something's troubling you or something. It's just that lately, you've been spacing out. And then sometimes when you see something or someone you dash out as if some cop is after you."

Beside me, I hear Abby laugh. "Thanks, Jess. I'm just stressed these past days. But thanks. That really means a lot."

"Sure. Well, it's almost time for class. I'm gonna go first. See you guys around."

I waved at him and turned to Abby as soon as Jess was out of sight. "That earlier comment was totally uncalled for!"

Abby just laughed and stuck her tongue out at me. "I was just teasing. Who knew blushing Jess was that adorable? Oh, right! I guess you know since you make him blush."

I groaned. "Whatever. Let's go back. Lunch is about to be over."

We gathered all our stuff and I once again checked for crumbs and wrappers that may be considered as evidence for our little lunch escapade here in the library. When we passed by the librarian's desk, I saw Mrs. Gray narrow her eyes at me and Abby. I think she might be suspecting that we have been using her library as lunch hide out. I rushed to the door making me trip on my own feet. Fortunately, I found myself, staring at the floor rather than kissing it. Thanks to whoever owns these arms that are holding me up.

"You okay, Meg?" Oh, great! My savior is one of the reasons I'm hiding out in the library. Yeah, I'd rather kiss the floor right now. I stayed perfectly still.

"Uh, Meg?" I heard Abby say. "I know my brother would love to have you in his arms all day but we still have class. Not unless you would also love to be in his arms all day."

Heat rished to my cheeks and I quickly stood up making me almost trip again. Josh held out his arms again but I raised my hands to stop him.

"I'm o-okay." I cleared my throat. "My equilibrium is perfectly okay now."

"Okay. Well, I haven't seen you in a while." Josh looked at me and Abby and then around. He raised his eyebrows. "Don't tell me the the reason I haven't seen you around at lunch is because you're eat-"

"No!" I quickly said before he could continue. "Of course not! We were studying. Well, I was studying and Abby just accompanied me."

Josh furrowed his eyeborws. "For the whole week?"

Abby choked on her laughter. I blushed. "Well, you know me, I love studying." Josh didn't looked convince but luckily, he dropped it.

"So," He started and my heart rate picked up. "I was wonder-" The bell rang.

Yaaaaaayyyyyy! "Oooopssss! That the bell, Got to go. Byeee!" I dashed out of the library without wating for his reply.

"You know, Meg, for someone so smart, you sometimes say the dumbest of things." Abby pointed out as we entered the room.

"Wow. Thanks, best friend!" I replied sarcastically. I know that sooner or later I will have to face both of them and I'll have to face myself. But I'm really hoping it would be way later than sooner. "I'm not gonna think about that right now. When I'm inside the classroom, I'm Megan the student, not Megan the troubled."

Abby smiled and leaned closer to me. "Whatever."

"Ha. Ha." As I turned the page to our current lesson, a familiar paper flew out from the pages. I frowned, picking it up, trying to remember where I saw it. And boom! It's J's first ever letter. Surprisingly despite myself, I found myself smiling as I look at it.

"I know that smile." I heard Abby say.

I blinked and looked at her. "What?"

"That smile that's written all over your face. I know exactly what that kind of smile means."

"What does my smile mean?" I frowned and quickly kept the paper inside my bag.

Abby snorted the same time as our teacher arrived. "It's a secret." She whispered. "Congratulations."

"For what?" I whispered back.

"For figuring it out...I think."

I waited for her to explain it further but she hasn't looked at me again for the next whole hour.

~~~~~

"I swear! My head was about to burst. I am so mentally-drained I'm about to go brain-dehydrated or something. I need my usual brain-cells theraphy. Shopping. You'rre gonna come with me, right?" We had long quizzes for the whole afternoon and Abby already sees it as torture. Exams are like death sentences to her.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Of course you don't have. Unless you have a 'between life and death' kind of reason not to. Which I will be the judge of."

I shook my head and laughed. Maybe shopping will do me some good too. We were almost at my car when I noticed someone leaning against it.

"Who's that by my car?" I asked.

"I don't know."

We're just a few steps away when I stopped in my tracks as I recognized whoever it was that was waiting by my car.

"What?" Abby said in a loud voice that almost made me want to tackle her. Too late thought because he already heard us.

"Ahhh...I finally caught you."

I laughed that strangest laugh I have ever heard from myself. "Hi, James. What's up?"

"Well, I haven't seen you in a while. And if ever I do you're always so quick to disappear." He replied, running his fingers through his hair.

"I, uhm, I have been really busy with a lot of stuff lately. In fact, we're just about to leave. Abby needs my help with something really important." I turned to Abby begging her with my eyes.

"Oh, don't mind me." She said immidiately. "It's not really that important. In fact, I'm really not important at all. You can have her. I'm really cool."

"What happened to the between life and death reason?" I asked through my teeth.

"This, honey, is an example of a between life and death situation. The life and death of you lovelife, that is." She whispered then winked at me.

"Well, I'm gonna go now." She added to the both of us. "You guys, enjoy or whatever. And call me later. Oh, not you James. I mean Megan. Byeee!" She gave me one last wink before running towards her brother's car. Can the ground swallow me now?

I turned back to James. He was staring at me and we sort of just looked at each other for a while. Until we ended up both laughing.

"Uh, well, wanna take a ride with me?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow.

He chuckled. "I brought a car to school today, Meg. You're totally safe."

I thought about it for a second then sighed. There's gonna be no harm in that, right? No bell will save me this time. Besides, Abby already left me in this situation. I got to get throught it. 

"Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660 17 12
Matthew Kingston was the new student and was instantly scouted by the popular group of students for his charming looks. Jace Anderson, the school's b...
1.5K 27 27
Hailey Martin has never been one to stick out in a crowd. She's always been perfectly happy to hang out in a corner, listening to her favourite playl...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
85.5K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...