Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

51: The Cabin in the Woods

8.4K 425 55
By luv234_luv

Lyra-

Nathan gripped my hand as we crunched through the woods. I kept my eyes on the river just outside the forest.

"There," I pointed to a wide spot in the bank that was larger now that we were way closer.

"So we're close?" Nathan asked.

I nodded, "Extremely close."

I started to walk towards the bank, pulling Nathan with me. He followed and soon we were walking along the muddy bank. I scanned around in the dark, looking for an out of the ordinary shape.

"Oh my gosh, there it is," I mumbled, so shocked I stopped.

Nathan looked at the cabin less than ten yards away. We both looked at each other before we started sprinting. My leg was of no concern. Baine raced beside us as we weaved around rocks.

When we reached the porch, we stopped and plugged our noses, groaning simultaneously.

"What is that smell?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"Rotting food...." Nathan pointed at a glass/wood box container on the porch. Inside it was old packages and milk jugs. Trash was scattered around it. It was obvious animals had gotten to the freshest food but there was still some good maybe.

"How the hell does no one notice that someone's not picking up their food?" I asked.

"I don't know," Nathan muttered.

I watched as he bent to a large rock beside the stairs and pulled it up. He grabbed a silver key and grinned. I followed him up the steps and listened to the click of the key unlocking the door.

Nathan swung it open and let me walk through. It wasn't cold in here and it didn't smell like dirt and grass. It smelled like Nathan; woodsy with a dash of cologne that made you weak at the knees. I looked at Nathan with a giant grin. I couldn't believe this. We made it. 

He smiled before bringing his hand up to a light switch. He flicked it up and the cabin was flooded with light. Electricity. I gaped at the interior. It was all log cabin. Wooden floors, a few leather chairs in a sitting area, a kitchen with granite counters and a fridge.

"I know it's really small-"

"It's perfect," I interrupted, "I couldn't imagine anything better."

I looked at the sink and then back at Nathan, "You have running water?"

"Of course-"

"DIBS ON THE BATHROOM!!" I screeched and dropped my things by the door.

"Wait, no fair!" Nathan exclaimed and dropped his stuff too.

"Whoever has lived without all of this the longest gets it first," I said smugly.

"Down the hall and to the left," Nathan sighed in defeat with a small smile.

I grinned big and tore off my boots, darting down the hallway and almost sliding past the door. I opened it and gasped. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. A thin glass shower was in the corner and on the other side of the room was a bathtub. A toilet was in another corner with the sink separating it and the shower.

"You have a bathtub?!" I grinned.

"Yeah, I like to relax too. My sister designed this place though. I would've lived in a wooden box just fine," Nathan called. I stepped inside and shut the door.

A little cabinet was above the sink. I opened it and found some shampoo, shaving cream, conditioner, and some unopened bubble bath. Nathan would never use this, I chuckled.

There was also nail trimmers and lotion. I scooped them out and set them on the sink. Quickly stripping down, I sat on the edge of the tub and played with the temperature knobs, finding a perfectly hot median.

Slipping into the tub while being careful with my leg, I dumped some bubble bath into the water and sat back. Soon I was surrounded by hot water and bubbles were up to my collar bone.

After a few minutes, I decided I could use a few things.

"Nathan!" I called

A few seconds later, his voice was muffled behind the door, "Yeah?"

"Can I make a few requests?" I asked.

"Sure," He chuckled.

"Could you grab me a razor, towel, wash cloth...and a glass of Jack please?" I listened for his reply.

He laughed, "Alright Jay, I'll be right back."

I smiled and settled back down. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

"Safe to come in," I called.

"You sure?" Nathan asked carefully.

"Positive," I chuckled.

The door opened and he peeked his head in. He saw I was covered in bubbles and smiled, stepping into the bathroom. Dropping the towel on the floor, he handed me a glass of Jack, the razor and the cloth.

"Thank you," I grinned and took a sip. The alcohol made a pleasant burn go down my throat and made me feel comfy. It wasn't as good a cocoa though.

"Your welcome," Nathan shrugged and started to leave. I watched him go and took another sip before grabbing the shaving cream. I shaved properly for the first time in a long time.

I washed my hair and body with soap. I smelled fabulous. Well, I smelled like Nathan, but I wasn't complaining at all.

Eventually, I climbed out of the tub and drained my water. Being in there for so long made me look like a prune. I dried myself off, put on the lotion, and clipped my nails. I've never felt so clean in my life. Wrapping the towel around me, I stepped outside and looked around.

Everything was quiet and I couldn't see Nathan so I wandered into the kitchen and found him putting unspoiled food into the fridge and cabinets.

"Well there you are. I thought you drowned in there," He grinned and scooted a sandwich towards me.

"What is it?" I pointed to the sandwich.

"Salami and cheese," He answered.

"Ohh," I mumbled and picked it up to take a bite. Mmmm, not wild animal.

Looking around, I saw our bags were no longer by the door.

"I need clothes, where's the bags?" I asked, stuffing the last of the sandwich into my mouth.

"In my room," Nathan pointed to the first door down the hall.

I walked into the room and marveled at the simplistic beauty. There was a queen sized bed with the head board against the wall. A large window was to its side, heavy dark drapes hanging from it.

I found the bags and traded my towel for undergarments and one of Nathan's shirts. It was warm in here, so I went pants-less. Brushing my hair out, I left it wet and went back to the kitchen.

Nathan was nowhere to be seen but I could hear the shower running so I sat in one of the chairs and looked at Baine, who napped on a rug peacefully. 

I eventually got bored and looked around in the little stand beside my chair. I pulled out four movies and wondered why they'd be here if there wasn't a TV.

"So, when I was going through the food, I found a gallon of milk that was cold. Meaning the delivery guy was here before us by hours. He delivers once a week," Nathan walked into the living room with a towel around his waist. The rest of him was open for me to see.

I thought for a second, "So you're telling me that our ride to freedom doesn't get here until next week?"

"Pretty much," He shrugged.

"Well, we've waited this long," I sighed, so what if we waited another week?

I held up the movies, "Got a hidden TV somewhere?"

Nathan chuckled and walked over to a small book case. He pulled something off of it and held it up. A laptop.

"No, but I have this," He handed it to me.

"Can it contact anyone?" I asked, opening it and turning it on.

"No, there's no wifi. I just use it to trace hunting trails, watch GPS trail cams and use virtual maps."

"You don't have a phone here either?" I abandoned the thought of using the computer for help.

"No, I always bring them with me. My cell is at my parents and the sat was in the plane," He played with his wet hair, patting it down so it stopped sticking up in all directions.

"Which exploded..." I sighed, nodding.

"But that doesn't mean we can't watch a movie," Nathan raised an eyebrow suggestively.

"That's true," I smiled and raised the movies, "Which one?"

"The Cabin in the Woods of course," Nathan grinned evilly.

Oh goodie, a horror film. I rolled my eyes at him but smiled, "Fine, but go get dressed first."

"And if I don't?" He flexed and I tried to not notice.

"Then you get to sleep in here while I take your queen size all to myself," I said sweetly.

"I'll be right back," He mumbled, darting towards his room.

I chuckled and waited a few minutes to let him get changed before getting up and following him. He had the blankets pulled back and the pillows fluffed. I didn't hesitate to climb in with the laptop in my hands.

"Hold up," Nathan hold up a hand and left the room. I heard some clangs and then nothing.

"Nathan!" I called exasperatedly.

"Just a sec!" He called back.

I waited some more, burying into the familiar softness of the bed. Man how I'd missed this. I was so used to the hard ground and a stone floor...this was a luxury.

There was a popping noise coming from the kitchen. I smiled. Popcorn. He was trying to make this a real movie night. The popping stopped shortly after and Nathan reappeared with a big bowl and two cans in his hand.

He handed me a warm Coca-Cola and plopped onto the bed.

"Okay-"

"Oh wait!" He leapt back up and ran across the room to flick the lights off. The room suddenly became two times creepier.

The hallway was dark and now the room was too. I forgot how much I loved the comfort of light.

Nathan put the CD into the laptop and pressed play. I scooted closer to him and dipped my hand into the popcorn bowl.

The movie was dumb...but scary. We were in a cabin in the middle of the woods. That's great.

Nathan had draped his arm over my shoulders and I had curled to his chest. The popcorn bowl had been emptied long ago and our soda cans were abandoned.

This chick is so dumb, I thought.

I jumped when she screamed and Nathan chuckled. My ears picked up at the sound of a creaking floor board. I paused the movie and sat up a little.

"Hey, what gives?" Nathan whined.

"Shh, do you hear that?" I asked. The creaking got louder.

Nathan listened and looked at me confusedly, "What is that?"

I shrugged and pressed myself against his side for safety. The creaking got closer and closer. I gripped Nathan's shoulder as it paused in front of our door. A shape lunged onto the bed and pounced me down. I shrieked and threw my hands out.

A rough tongue licked my cheek and I opened my eyes, "Baine? God I thought you were a murderer!"

Nathan started laughing hard and rubbed Baine's fur. I glared at him, "Some protector you are."

"I knew it was Baine," He chortled.

"How?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He's the only other one here and how many people do you think are out here with us?" He tried to catch his breath.

"Maybe it was the crazy person that lives in the woods out here? I dunno," I chuckled and settled back down.  We finished the movie with some more jumps and thrills. When it was finished, I realized we'd been up way past our usual bed time. Then again, it didn't really matter.

"Can we sleep?" I asked tiredly.

"Already?" Nathan raised an eyebrow.

"Nathan, it's two o'clock. In the morning," I stated.

"Seriously? Wow. Yeah, let's go to bed," He chuckled.

"I've been waiting to fall asleep in a bed," I fluffed the pillow behind me and snuggled down.

Nathan laughed and I looked at him, "What?"

"You're in my bed. I get to sleep with you, that's so awesome," He said quietly.

This is what happens when I let him stay up past midnight, he gets goofy. I chuckled, "Slow down there, you sleep with me every night."

"Yeah but this is in my bed. I just hope we don't wake up in the tent tomorrow and I'll have to say this was a dream," Nathan said softly with a chuckle.

"Definitely not a dream," I giggled, wriggling closer to him to steal his body heat.

-------------

Aww with me now everybody. 3,2,1- AWWWWW. Lol, this is so cute. Shame they have to wait around for another week but whatever.

Anyone else get loopy after midnight? One of my friends does and it's funny as hell.

Vote, comment, share!!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 259K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
503K 21.6K 51
Meghan Polinsky was excited to see her long distance boyfriend of four years when she took her trip to Brazil. All that hope was squashed as soon as...
89.1K 2.7K 29
Okay so this is my first book on this account 2 years ago is when I started writting it on here. UNDER MAJOR EDITING!!!! Rebecca/Alice is a werewolf...
2.8K 69 14
For years, Lyra Rogers had been known as a lost cause, and a dangerous one at that. She had the complete starter pack of a troubled young adult: drop...