Mythical War

By CatesPencil

Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Et... More

Book 1: Mythical Academy
Chapter 1: Chained like a Pet
Chapter 2: Master
Chapter 3: New Relationships
Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: A Blade and Blizzard
Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish
Chapter 9: High School Drama
Chapter 10: Popular Break
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Pain
Chapter 12: Demontica
Chapter 13: The Biggest Lie
Chapter 14: Village Battle
Chapter 15: Twisted
Chapter 16: Comfort
Chapter 17: The Knowing Stress
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: The Cliff
Chapter 20: Secret Kisses
Chapter 21: The Pet Act
Chapter 22: The Mythicals
Chapter 23: Family War
Chapter 24: Demon Protector
Chapter 25: Who am I?
Chapter 26: Plans
Chapter 28: Connected
Chapter 29: Back Together
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 27: Phoenix

1.8K 108 13
By CatesPencil

Hmm... I'll let you read first. BUT PLEASE... Vote, enjoy, and especially COMMENT! Thanks for being awesome and enjoy <3 (mischievous laugh here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The forest bursts out as Mindy and Violet start the attack. Yells of human guards sound as randomly huge trees spring up from everywhere. Screeches of fear are heard as animal-transformers are freed from their guards.

I hear war cries as the guards fight with the pack. Meanwhile, Amanda and I manage to easily slip through without attention. The new trees brought perfect cover and the distraction of freed animal-transformer pets also worked to our advantage.

I connect with Amanda. "Find our family... I'll find Selina..."

She nods her head in silent agreement. We continue to creep to the castle front gates. Amanda slips into the front doors and I follow. She nods her head one more time and instantly turns left.

I then realized that this was Amanda's castle just as much as Damian's. She knew what she was doing.

I take a right, following my gut. I went up and down flights of stairs, took more left and right turns than I could count, dodged so many guards I stopped counting, and looked in so many rooms that I wish I hadn't. Finally, I come to stop at a large black door.

I gulp in fear. It was as if I already knew what was back there!

My hand grasps the cold silver door handle and the door creaks open. I step inside, my mythical eyes flaring up.

The darkness disappeared as my eyes turned golden. A strangled gasp catches my throat.

In the middle of the room was a figure with chained arms and legs. The chains were connected to different sides of the room, pulling this person... almost apart. The person was wet with sweat and blood. Gashes from a whip were across his back and his head was hanging down.

The man was breathing deeply. His posture showed defeat, but anger.

"Damian?" I whisper.

The person stops breathing for a second before screaming, "GET OUT! YOU ARE DEAD! STOP TORMENTING ME!"

I realize that he heard phantoms of me, "Damian.... This is really me. I'm not dead."

"LIES! I SAW YOU DIED! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" he shouts, thrashing in the chains.

I quickly glide over, gently touching his shoulder. He jerks back, chains shaking as he does so. "Stay away Selina! You got what you wanted!" He growls hatefully.

I gently take a knee, looking at his face. I gasp at the sight. His pupils were all white, as if he was blind. The slashes on his face were oozing a green liquid and on his chest was the swirl of Demontica.

I gently touch Damian's face and he tries to jerk away. When he realizes he can't, his breath comes rageful.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, "This will hurt...." My fangs retract and I push his head to give me more leverage to his neck. He tries to jerk free.

"What are you doing?! Let go of me Selina! You got what you wanted! LET GO!" He screams.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, almost crying,

Then, my fangs sink into his flesh. He screams in pain as the poison that causes tremendous pain that comes with drinking blood enters his system. He thrashes against me as I finally get a taste of his sweet sweet blood.

I was gone. My instincts took over as his sweet tangy blood touches my tongue. I snarl as he tries to bat me off. It tasted soooooooo good... Oh god. Must. Drink. More.

What! No! No! Damian's heart was slowing and his thrashing was long done. The poison was out of his system!

Let go. Let go now Catelyn. Catelyn... you must let go!

I gasp for air as I pull myself away from his skin. He groans in pleasure as the aftereffect of biting someone takes place; the immeasurable pleasure.

I bite my lip, remembering the taste of his blood.

"Must kill. Must kill. Must kill...." I start hearing Damian's thoughts, a fun effect of drinking someone's blood. I take a step back in fear. Did he say, must kill?

His eyes snap open to reveal his blazing golden ones. Damian's eyes were back. He roars out, his hands catching fire. The fire whooshes as it runs up the chains and burns them away. The chains holding him melt into the floor, leaving hot puddles of metal and a fierce looking Damian. Fires start to make their way up the walls.

I take a step back as he raises himself to his full length. He was wild.

His thoughts echo in my head, "She destroyed Catelyn. Must kill her..."

"No. No. No!" I yelp as Damian charges at me. "Damian! I'm not Selina!"

"Lies. She is lying. Kill her!" A voice commands in his head and I hear it in my own.

He charges head first, screaming as he does so. His body crashes into mine, pinning me against the wall. I cry out in pain as the fire dancing on his fingertips crawls its way over to me. Tears start to string out as I call out for him, "D-D-Damian! P-p-please!"

He closes his eyes, growling. The voice echoes in his head again, "Kill her!"

Then I hear a new voice, a voice that actually sounded like Damian's, "But she looks like Catelyn!"

The voice screams, pounding in Damian's head. He staggers against the wall. The voice speaks again, "Kill her. She killed Catelyn..."

Damian's hand curls into a fist. I shout in surprise and duck down. His fist flies towards where I was, leaving an indent in the wall. I roll away, Damian's gaze following me. His hateful eyes were holding mine as I pant for breath. My tears were hot against my skin, but the fire spreading in the room hid that.

I force my voice into his head, "Damian! I'm alive! Listen to me!"

The voice screams again, muffling my own. "Get her!" It screams as Damian starts to walk towards me, his arms totally engulfed with flames.

I try again. I won't survive this. I can't kill Damian and I can't survive flames or him. I won't leave him like this either. "Damian. Follow my voice. Free yourself. Listen to me. Free yourself!" I yell in his head. The poison should be gone! Why is he doing this?

The other voice starts screaming again but I continue to force my own voice into his head. I will get through!

"Ah!" He yells in pain squeezing his eyes shut as the voice and I fought over his thoughts.

I stand up carefully, and continue repeating, "Follow my voice. Free yourself. Free yourself now. Listen to me. Follow. Free. Listen. Listen to me and FREE yourself!"

Damian's eyes snap open as I come closer to him. He doesn't budge even though the voice is screaming at him to kill me. My voice was slowly overpowering it.

Tears were stringing my eyes as pieces of the ceiling where falling off, the fire crackling nearby as the room got devoured by it. I take his face in my hands. He doesn't move.

I finally speak directly to him. "I love you..." I tell him mentally before capturing his lips with mine. He doesn't move. I press more against him, to savor this moment. It'll probably be my last one, I realize as I see his hand curl up into a fist.

The voice continues screaming at him to kill me until I hear Damian's voice echo out in his head, "No!"

The other voice's screams drift away until only Damian's thoughts were left. I hold onto his muscular arms, wishing he would move. And he does.

"Mate..." He growls, his hands wrapping around my waist.

Damian's lips move against mine as his arms wrap around me. I pull away in shock, tears still staining my face.

"Catelyn? You are alive?" Damian asks surprised as he opens his eyes. He runs his fingers gently through my hair and down my face, "I saw you die."

I give a small sad smile, "Not quite..."

He looks around, looking at the fire burning the room. His eyes become glossy, "D-did I do this?"

I nod my head, moving away my burned wrists. He yanks them away from my back and gasps as he sees the burns he caused. "Catelyn, I'm so sorry. I-I-I d-didn't know what took me! I just—"

I hush him by planting my lips on his. I break the kiss, "You thought I was dead. You were poisoned. It's not your fault."

He sighs painfully.

I hear a scream and Damian's hands grasp on my sides tightens.

"Amanda!" We shout together.

We catch each other's eyes and I nod my head. I go dragon. Damian jumps onto my back and I charge out of the burning room, my scales shielding me.

I charge out of the room, following the direction I heard the scream. I burst through the front doors to find Amanda passed out next to tied up Lance, Alex, and Mindy. Simon and Violet were nowhere in sight.

Selina was cracking her knuckles with Sheila and Pierce next to her. Surprise flickers across their faces as they see. I hiss, raising my wings defensively.

Damian slips off my back, placing a hot hand on my neck. I transform back into human.

Pierce snarls, "You managed to escape nephew!"

Damian growls, "You have no idea King Piercy."

Pierce sneers, "Pity. I liked you with your mind lost."

Selina faces her mom, Sheila, "Mom. Take our prisoners back. We'll handle this petty nuisance."

I snarl.

Selina's hand starts to have dark magic swirl in it as demons start to pop out of everywhere. She holds up her other hand and in it was a crystal ball with picture of worried Simon and Violet. She in his arms as he looked worriedly around the forest. Selina tilts her head and grins, "Looks like I missed those two."

She disappears into a cloud of purple and black smoke and starts to zoom away towards the forest. "No!" I scream turning dragon.

Damian's hand lights on fire, "Go."

Pierce snarls.

I jump into the air, collapsing miserably.

Selina's voice crackles from the smoke cloud, "Pity. They'll die because you can't fly!"

I roar, my scales going black. I jump again and power surges through me. My wings beat down and I feel the wind pulse under my wings. My body is lifted as if a feather. I was flying. I was flying!

I roar out in happiness but it quickly disappears as Selina takes her human form and was floating in air. She hisses, both her hands swirling with dark magic.

Then, I notice something. Demontica was swirling right under her chin. Her eyes were all black as she screeches, shooting her hands forward. A wave of demons surges from her hands.

I roar out. The white light bursts from my mouth. Demons shriek as they disintegrate into dust.

Selina shrieks in anger, sending another wave. I do the same thing.

"You can't use your demons against me Selina!" I roar. She crackles, "But I can use my demon."

She closes her eyes and tilts her head back. A ball of purple flames surrounds her as black smoke shoots from her mouth. Shrieks of demons are heard as I realize what she was doing.

"No!" I scream, diving into the circle. My wings press against my sides as I burst into the ball of flame. My dragon instantly turns off and I remain human.

I barely catch Selina's shoulders before gravity took us both. She screams as I drag both of us back down down down to the ground. The ball breaks.

"LET ME GO!" She bellows, her voice sounding deeper.

Tears were streaming from my eyes at the speed we were falling towards the ground. "I'll let you go! But not the demon in you!" I scream, my hand glowing with my 'moon' light.

I slam my hand into her backside, my hand easily going into her. She screams in pain but freezes in shock.

My fingertips feel something squirm under them and I squeeze tight. Selina starts gagging and choking. Then I pull, pulling out my hand from inside her.

She sharply gasps for air then passes out. Squirming in my hand was a possessy demon. It snarls at me, "Foolish girl! You can't stop me! Moonlight doesn't send me away!"

We keep falling down and down. Selina was passed out on one of my arms and the powerful demon was fighting to get free in the other hand.

I hear a vibrating scream and see an explosion of flames bursts next to the castle. A creature bursts from the explosion, screeching it call. This creature was the so called 'non-existant one'. The one I was supposed to stop singing the song about.

The mythical was so gorgeous and so bright. It was a huge bird with a fifteen foot wing span, and it was all burning.

The Phoenix has been reborn...

Sun mythical...

The demon snarls, "Finding the phoenix won't stop me! I killed the phoenix when I possessed the last Demon royalty!"

Gears turned in my head. This was the demon that possessed my grandfather, the Demon King!

It laughs, "I. Will. Be. FREE!!!!"

The demon bursts from my grasp, flying down after me. "You are my next target!" The possessy screams as it plummets after me. I squeeze my eyes shut as the terrifying demon falls to catch me; to possess me.

"WHOOSH!" I hear and my eyes snap open. There was the phoenix blocking the demon from me as we were falling down down down. The beautiful phoenix opens its mouth and flames ignite the demon. The possessy screeches in pain, disintegrating. Moonlight may not kill the possessy, but sunlight does.

The ground was getting awfully close. The phoenix screeches like a hawk, turning on its huge wings. I twist in the air, the wind howling around me.

"WHAM!" sounds my body as I crash onto the Phoenix's back. Selina was by my side.

The creature gives with loud call and I look back down to the ground. I start laughing in fear, realizing I wasn't going to die from plummeting to my death. The Phoenix, the mythical creature, the supposedly 'non-existant creature', just saved me! I laugh again.

I hug the huge on-fire bird to the best of my ability. The thing was bigger than me when in dragon form!

"Thank you! Thank you!" I cry. The bird screeches, turning its head to peer back at me.

Its blazing golden eyes hold mine and I gasp. Those eyes were awfully familiar. I connect with my mate mentally, "Damian?!"

The bird shrieks in reply and turns on its wings to go back towards the castle.

"Who else?" Damian responses cockily. I almost faint. Damian was the phoenix! Damian was the damn phoenix! My mate is the phoenix! This was his secret! That's why that song worked on him! That's why I am the Keeper of the Key! I am the Key to Damian's heart! I am his mate, and I have to watch over him as much as he has to watch over me.

Then I realize something else. Damian was the Sun Mythical. The Moon changes according to the sun. The shadow and light seen on the moon was thanks to the sun. The Moon got its light from the sun.

Damian is my light. Damian is my sun. Damian is the Sun Mythical. Damian screeches again, diving towards the ground.

We land with a mighty "BOOM!" and I slip off his back, taking unconscious Selina with me.

We hear a scream of anger and look up to the sky. Sheila and Pierce were floating in the air, dark magic swirling around them. I look to Damian, "Go. Go avenge your kingdom..."

The phoenix nods and takes off to the sky, shrieking like a hawk. The powerful wing beats billow around my hair as I put down Selina.

His voice echoes in my head, "See you soon Catie Cat..."

I smile slightly, looking to the sky.

I then see a demon sneaking around in the forest around us. "No. You don't!" I think. I may not be able to take out the most powerful possessy like Damian easily did. But I can send normal demons back.

I turn dragon, running after the thing and leaving Selina behind. I roar as I follow the demon to an open area.

Then my world stops.

Simon's wide eyes hold mine as the demon pulls out the knife from his stomach. Simon drops onto his knees, his eyes going glossy. His hand goes to his stomach, and blood stains his fingers. He puts down Violet, still holding my eyes.

"We did it... Didn't we?" Simon says, looking far away. He collapses onto the floor, blood pooling from his wound. Violet starts screaming and crying and the demon cackles. He turns towards her.

"NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRR!" I roar as my dragon is forced onto me. The scars on my wings burn with power and I jump towards the demon. I turn human at last second. My hands grasp its upper body and head.

"SNAP!" The shadow demon goes as his head is disattached from his 'shoulders' by my hands. My vampiric side was ramped. I scream out slamming my hand into the demon's chest. I pull out a small ball of black fire; its heart. My hand lights with my moon light. I crush the demon's heart with it. It gives a final scream and disappears into ashes. This demon is dead.

Violet continues crying, her head buried between her knees. I drop to my own knees next to Simon.

My breath was ragged. I grab his wrist, feeling for his pulse. Nothing.

"No. No. No. No no no! Simon! You can't be dead!" I yell in anger, shaking his body. I flip him around. His eyes were closed and blood was leaking from the corner of his mouth. A pool of red liquid was staining his shirt.

No. No. No! Simon cannot be dead! My cousin... My family... My brother... cannot be dead! It's not possible! No!

A sob crawls its way up, choking me. Memories of the pranks he played on me, the times that he was there thanks to my bullying, the times we were celebrating birthdays, the times he was just there to give a hug, the times were we were in my 'woman' cave because he decided to do something stupid, the times were Simon and Alex seemed like one person, the times we were together, flowed into me.

"NO! You can't be dead!" I cry. Tears began bursting through. Slowly, his cold hand slips out of my own.

"M-m-mommy?" Violet cries. I look to her, my tear-filled eyes matching hers. I quickly take her into my arms, engulfing her with a hug. She hugs me like it was the last thing she was ever going to do.

We start to silently cry as we hug each other, comforting each other. Simon was dead.... He is gone...

I gently pull her away from my tight hug and give a small sad smile. "It's okay Violet. I'm here. I'm here..."

She clutches onto me to continue hug while I stand onto my feet.

A screech and a roar are heard and I look to the sky to see flashes of yellow and purple bursting in the sky.

"Come my dear. We need to finish this. We will be back for your uncle." I whisper, mostly to myself.

I will avenge the death of Simon. Nobody can stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIMAX GUYSSsssssssssssssssss!!! COMMENTS???

Please note, I will be updating every other day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 639 29
*Note* Read the First Book before this one: Gemstone Academy. My jaw dropped. What was this? What did it mean? There, written on the wall in sp...
523K 22K 36
Meet Kate. A snappy powerful free-runner, or rogue, with a strong animal side that even she doesn't know. However, being powerful pulls her into Myth...
361 0 22
After Daniel and Demonic got married and took over the kingdom, they had 2 children. A son, Huro Farian, and a daughter, Zila Alexanders. Huro and Zi...
561K 17.4K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...