Broken 》Teen Wolf

By lovethebreeze

Ten years. It's been ten years since the fire incident that burned my house and killed most of my family. N... More

Returning
Meeting an Argent
Encounter in the Woods
Full Moon
Wolfing Out
Nothing But Idiots
Lacrosse Game
Pack Mentality
Magic Bullet
The Tell
Heart Monitor
Night School
Lunatic
Wolf's Bane
Co-Captain
Code Breaker
Repair is Up

Formality

4.1K 109 27
By lovethebreeze

"Oh, my god," Allison said.

I didn't shift back as I continued to growl at Kate. She just chuckled and got her electric baton thing. She was waving that thing in front of my face before she bashed my sides in. I roared out in pain.

"Aunt Kate, what are you doing?!?!" Allison yelled.

Kate looked at her. "Did you really think she was your friend?" She grabbed my chin with one hand and made me look up. "Look at her. She's not human. She's just a little mut that needs to be put down."

She let's go and I spat in her face. She glared at me while whipping the spit off.

"You shouldn't have done that."

She raised the electrical baton and was going to hit me again, but Derek let out a roar.

"Don't you dare touch her," He growled.

Kate let out another chuckle. "Allison, meet me outside."

I send Allison a pleading look, but she didn't even look at me and left.

"Oh, Derek. The protective older brother. Mina, the youngest most pathetic sister." Her smile got even wider when she looked at us. "We're gonna have so much fun."

》》》》

3rd POV

Scott was in searching for his phone in his room.

"Call it again," He told Stiles.

Stiles dialed again, but Scott's phone wasn't ringing. "It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek and Mina."

Stiles felt even more upset when Scott mentioned her. Stiles never told Scott that he asked Mina to the formal and she said yes. He was a little glad too. Yesterday, when she told him she wouldn't go to the dance with him anymore, it broke him.

Here he was thinking that he got a chance with this amazing girl and was thinking about confessing his feelings to her. But, when she changed her mind...it broke his heart. He really didn't want to believe she changed her mind. She seemed happy when he asked her, but he guess he was mistaken.

He had everything planned out. He wait by the stairs at his house, since she still lived there, technically, and when she came down the stairs he would compliment her. Tell her she's beautiful. She could be in her sweats with her hair in a ponytail and he'll still think that. Then he was going to give her the corsage he already bought her. It was a corsage made of one orchid with red and yellow tulips surrounding it. He was going to take her in his Jeep and they'll dance the night away. Then when it's a slow song, the very first one, he'll confess his feelings. But, now, he can't.

"Well, A) You're not alone. You have me. And B) Didn't you say Derek and Mina walked into gunfire? They both sound pretty dead," Stiles said, wishing Mina wasn't dead.

Scott looked through his drawers. "Argent's plan was to use them to get to the alpha - they're not gonna kill them."

Stiles nodded his head. "All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use them to get Peter - problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek and Mina! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find them first - just - just help me!" Scott shouted.

"You know, you probably lost it when you three were fighting. You remember that, when they were trying to kill you, after you interrupted them trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Because he has.

Scott shook his head. "They weren't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting them die."

"Could you at least think about letting Derek die? For me?" Stiles asked.

"I'm not letting him die. I really need to find them. Mina took an arrow for me, so at least I can do is find them. Did you ever ask her?" Scott said.

Stiles hoped he wasn't asking about that. He tried to play it off.

"Ask who about what?"

Scott raised his eyebrow. "Stiles."

Stiles sighed, he knew he wouldn't get out this one. "Yeah - yeah, I did."

"What did she say?"

Stiles slumped in the chair. "She - she said yes."

"That's great. But, why don't you look happy about it? I thought you wanted this. Look, I get that you don't have a date now because she's missing-"

Stiles interrupted him. "It's not that."

"What is it?"

Stiles placed his hands over his face. "She, um, she changed her mind."

"She changed her mind! That's crazy. She couldn't have changed her mind! What did she say?"

"That she's a Hale and they don't do things like this. She also said she didn't want to go with an annoying - spastic - idotic - loser."

"That seems a bit harsh. She doesn't mean it though, that doesn't sound like her."

"Scott, I asked her if Peter or Derek made her do it. She said no."

"She's lying."

Stiles looked up at him ridiculously. "Yeah, and how would know that? Who even told you I was going to ask her anyway?"

"Allison."

"I never told her. I never told anyone."

"I guess Mina told her then. But, before you say anything you should here what she told Allison."

"Let me guess, she feels sorry for me that's why she said yes?"

Scott shook his head. "No, Allison asked Mina if she wanted to go with you. Mina said yes."

"Then why would she change her mind last minute?"

Scott remembered something Peter told him. "Peter said that the people closest to us could be holding us back. Maybe that's the reason why she said it to you, I mean out of the two of us, she likes you a bit more."

Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know anymore." Stiles notices Scott having a distant look on his face. "What?"

"My mom just got home from work."

"Is she okay? What's she doing?"

"She's crying," Scott said with a guilty face.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone."

"I have to."

》》》》

Mina's POV

Crack! I felt my legs break from Kate's crowbar. She would ask either Derek or me about the alpha. They never figured out it was Peter. Derek and I kept our mouths shut, so we either get hit with a crowbar, electrocuted, or punched.

"Come on. He killed your sister. Now - either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourselves, or for some reason - you're protecting him." Derek and I just glared at her. "Look at your sour faces. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, 'Smile, guys.' 'Why don't you smile more?' Don't you just wanna - kick those people in the face?"

"I can think of one," Derek said.

"And she deserves more than just a kick to the face," I growled.

Kate laughed. "Promise? 'Cause if I thought you'd be that much fun - I'd let you go. All right, let's see." Silence. "Nothing, nothing, nothing. God, I hate this detective crap."

I looked at Derek. "Is she torturing us - or is she trying to talk us to death?"

"Oh, sweetie, I don't - I don't wanna torture you. I just - wanna catch up." Kate looked at Derek. "Remember all the fun we had together?"

"Like the time you burned my family alive?" Derek said through clenched teeth.

"No, I was thinking more about the - hot, crazy sex we had." Oh, god, I didn't need to hear that. "But the fire thing. Yeah, that was fun too. I love how much you hate me. Remember how this felt?"

Kate bend down and licked Derek's abs.

"Oh, god. Where's that fork when I need it?" I said disgustingly.

"Sweetheart, I really don't want to torture you," Kate said. Then one of the Argents goons came through the door and she points at him. "But he does."

》》》》

The door opened. Guess it's time for round 3. But the voice I heard wasn't Kate's or one of the other hunters.

"Shit, Mina!"

Stiles.

My eyes were closed. Footsteps came closer and I felt his hands on my cheeks.

"Come on, Mina, wake up," He pleaded.

My eyes started to open. I can see Stiles relieved face. He mumbled something, but I couldn't hear him. He was looking at the chains around my wrist.

"Ok, we need to get you out of here, like now," He said.

"I didn't mean it, Stiles," I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"I didn't - I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it. I'm - I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Stiles," I kept mumbling.

He unwrapped the chains and I fell into him. Why am I not healing? He wrapped his arms around me.

"Where's Derek?" I asked.

"We got him out. Which is what we need to do."

We didn't move though. I kept looking at him. His eyes kept glancing down to my lips. We were leaning towards each other. Our lips were inches apart. Then...

I jolted up. I scanned the area remembering that I was still in the basement. That hunter must have knocked me out cold.

"What were you dreaming about?" Derek asked me.

I sighed and replied sarcastically. "Lollipops and candy canes."

He turned his head and raised his eyebrow. "You were dreaming about Stiles."

"No, I wasn't."

"Like I told you before, you maybe a good liar, but not when it comes to me. Not to mention you kept mumbling 'Stiles, I'm sorry' in your sleep."

I shook my head. "It doesn't mean anything." And I'm not talking about this with him.

"You feel guilty for what you said to him," He stated.

"No, I dont. You and Peter were right. I don't need anyone or anything holding me back."

"I'm not an idiot, Mina. I know you like that spaz, I knew since I found out you were going to the formal with him. I'll even bet he was the one that gave you the wolf you'd never tossed out."

"I thought I'll have a good time with him and I liked the stuffed animal, so what. It doesn't mean anything." I didn't need to turn me head to see Derek giving me the look. I sighed. "It's complicated."

"Look, I can't say go for the kid because you know what happens to the people that get close to us. They end up dead. I don't know what you see in Stiles, but the least I can tell you is to be careful. Just don't get too attached."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to do anything about it. The ones we love end up dead. The only thing I'm gonna do is stand by your side. Whatever decisions you make I'll go along with it."

Kate entered the basement, listening to Argent's voice mail. This is the only time I'm glad she came back.

"Unfortunately, Derek, Mina, if you're not gonna talk - I'm just gonna have to kill you. So say hi to your sister for me. You did tell her about me, didn't you? The truth about the fire? Or did you? Did you tell anybody?" We didn't talk. She looked between us. "Or did you just tell Mina? I mean she doesn't seem shocked, so I'm guessing you told her and she promised not to tell anyone. Oh, sweetie - that's just a lot of guilt to keep buried. It's not all your fault. You got tricked by a pretty face. It happens! Handsome young werewolf mistakenly falls in love with a super hot girl who comes from a family that kills the werewolves. Is that ironic? Is it - ironic - that you're inadvertently helping me track down the rest of the pack - again? Or just a little bit of history repeating." She began thinking. "History repeating. It's not Jackson, is it? Oh, no, no, no, he's got a little scratch on the back of his neck, but - he's not in love with Allison. Not like Scott."

Shit.

》》》》

3rd POV

"Don't kill her. Please," Stiles begged as he knelt down to the bloodied Lydia.

During the formal, Lydia decided to look for Jackson. Stiles went out to clear his mind about everything and saw Peter about to attack Lydia. He ran and told her to run, but Peter attacked her before she got the chance.

"Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek and Mina," Peter said as if it was so simple.

"W - what?"

"Tell me how to find Derek and Mina Hale."

"I don't know that. How would I know that?"

Peter cocked his head to the side. "Because you're the clever one, aren't you? Not to mention your little crush on my niece. And because deception has a particularly acrid scent, Stiles. Tell me the truth. Or I will rip her apart."

"Look - look, I don't know, okay? I sw - I swear to god, I have no idea," Stiles said. He had no idea where the Hale siblings are.

"Tell me!" Peter yelled.

"Okay, okay, okay, look, I - I think Derek knew -"

"Knew what?"

"Derek, I think he - I think he knew they were gonna get caught."

"By the Argents?"

"Yeah."

"And?" Peter said impatiently.

"When they were shot, he and Scott and Mina - I think he took Scott's phone."

"Why?"

"They all have GPS now. So if he still has it and if it's still on - you can find them."

》》》》

A/N: Sorry for another short chapter, but one more episode left. The next book in the Broken series is going to be called Repair. Anyway, a little brother-sister talk between the Hales, I hope I didn't make Derek a little OOC for you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 13.5K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
2.4K 121 8
Hayley Carter and Derek Hale have both lost half of their families to hunters and were in hiding. In New York no less. The two love each other greatl...
4.8K 167 18
Dakota Hale is the youngest member of the Hale family. Her life hasn't exactly been what you would call a dream, in fact it's the exact opposite. Los...
43.8K 1.2K 43
"i'm sorry..." "don't be..." Nick Argent, family disappointment finds himself back at Beacon Hills after his psychotic sister's death, but also finds...