Trust, Kai Parker

Por folklorenini

Violet and Kai have loved each other since they met but he revealed his true nature as a Siphoner when his fa... Más

TRUST.
UPDATE
CHAPTER ONE - GUESS WHO

PROLOGUE

2.4K 54 26
Por folklorenini

THIRD PERSON POV

Violet knew that walking down this path and through the woods trying to find her boyfriend's house was a bad idea, mainly because she had no idea where it was. Hell! it was somewhere in the middle of the woods... Though, it did not stop her from wanting to meet his family. Violet was searching around her for any paths that may have led to the Parker residence but was far too paranoid to be walking around alone. Her house was not too far from his but why did it feel like she was on a completely different part of town.

She looked over her shoulder to be wary if anyone, or anything, was following her until she bumped into a woman who seemed to be running for her life, "Oh my god!" she shrieked before putting a hand over her chest, the lady fell and Violet hesitated before helping her stand up and asked her, "What's wrong?"

"Well, um there are peo- these people are try-trying to kill me." she spoke with distraught laced in her voice. The constant turning of her head as she looked at every opening path to be sure she wasn't being chased. It was evident she was not being dishonest - one look at her and Violet knew she needed help.

"Oh my gosh, are -are you okay? Of course not. Uh, shit." Violet questioned whilst she felt the world come closer around her at the situation at hand. She closed her eyes and took a quick deep breath before thinking about something her aunty told her once, "Do you need somewhere to hide?" she asked trying to observe the lady's body language and if she needed to be sent to the hospital.

"Yes," she nodded with  a look in her eyes that Violet had never seen in her life, "I need a hiding place, can you help me?" she asked. 

"Do you want to go to a hospital?" Violet asked, still afraid of letting a stranger into her house.

"No! Please, I just need somewhere to stay for a bit." she begged. 

Of course Violet decided to help her; she looked terrified and Violet knew she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she left this lady out in the woods alone after she told her why she was running in the first place. She took the stranger back to her place - which wasn't very far from Kai's house anyways. Violet took her there and found some spare blankets and wrapped it around her as the lady appeared to be shivering from the cool weather - her clothes were also torn and dishevelled.

"Is there anything else you need?" Violet asked her handing her a glass of water sitting next to her on her bed.

"No. I'm fine." she hesitantly replied as she took a sip from the glass of water.

"My aunt won't be back until tomorrow night so you still have a day to keep low. Are you okay being here for a bit?" Violet questioned, still unsure of the lady's motive.

"I will be alright for now, thank you so much. You're very nice for a stranger, I owe you big time." she said before giving me a half smile. 

"No worries." Violet replied giving her a smile back before running off to her boyfriend's house.

"Hey Vi, where you been?" Kai asked standing up from the steps at the front of his house. He was waiting for Violet to come and grew impatient waiting in the house with the rest of his family so he decided to come outside, "I thought I was going to have to go and find you."

"I'm sorry. I got caught up with something, plus, just recently you told me that you and your family are witches. Who wouldn't run for the hills?" Violet joked trying to make light of the situation and for almost being late to a family dinner. She felt bad for making a terrible impression already, how was she going to make up for it?

"I was starting to think you left me here alone with this tragic use of a family." he smirked walking up to his girlfriend with his arms out.

"Hey, don't say that." she replied returning the hug. He rubbed Violet's back as she rested her head on his chest. "I actually want your family to like me." she uttered.

He lift her head with both his hands, "Well, I don't care about them," Violet began to frown a bit, "The only person I care about is you." he smiles and kisses her forehead.

She rolled her eyes before continuing, "Let's go." she smiled.

Violet walked into the lively dinner room with Kai holding her hand. "Hey guys, this is my family. Family, this is my girlfriend. Violet." Kai looked at her, smiling as he said her name.

"Hey Vi." Jo smiles hugging Violet. They both met at school and are really close friends which was kind of how Violet met Kai.

"Hi." Mr and Mrs Parker smile and reach out their hands for her to shake which she gladly does.

"Here." these cute twins came up and handed Violet a basket of flowers. 

White dusty millers, lisianthus and baby breath with purple irises and pink chrysanthemums and roses. Violet gasped as she took the basket from the two, "How cute!" she smiled and crouched down to their level, "What are your names?"

"Those two are Luke and Liv. They're also twins." Jo smiled. They were just like Jo and Kai, Violet chuckled at that thought - she thought that was very cute.

After a few minutes of being introduced to the huge family, it was finally time for dinner. It was quite clear that there was some tension between Kai and his family. They all sat down and started eating a delicious roast chicken dinner - however, there was an awkward silence.

"This is really delicious." Violet smiled trying to breaking the silence. It was so bad that Violet felt herself cringing at the slight break in her voice when she said it. 

"Thank you Violet, it means a lot." Mrs Parker smiled at her to which she felt an enormous amount of relief course through her veins, relaxing her shoulders a bit.

"So Violet, do you go to college?" Mr Parker asked all of a sudden making Violet look up from the cup she was drinking out of. She put the glass down, drinking the juice as fast as she could.

"Obviously." Kai scoffed making her sigh.

"Yes." she interrupted, giving Kai a 'stop it' look.

"What do you major in?" he asked as if she was being interrogated.

"I major in English." Violet replied with a firm and steady tone as compared to before.

"What is your family like?" he questioned. 

Violet shifted in her seat and let out a shaky exhale, she cleared her throat before answering "I live with my aunt."

"Oh, where are your parents?" he asked, a little confused at her answer.

"They..." Violet began.

"-they passed away." Jo finished for her.

'Thank you' Violet mouthed as Jo smiled at her.

"Oh, I am so sorry sweetie." Mrs Parker said with an apologetic look on her face, everyone still uneasy at the table.

"It's alright. Really." Violet assured, trying to clear the air in an attempt to make everything less tense than it already was.

"So-" Mr Parker started again.

"Can you guys stop interrogating her? I mean it's not like you care who I date right?" he sarcastically commented taking pieces of his chicken off his plate and eating a mouthful of them.

"Kai." Jo whispered trying to get him to stop making a fuss of what was supposed to be a good day for Violet.

"Or are you trying to see if she's as bad as me? Or worse?" Kai probed, making the situation completely worse. 

"Kai." Violet yelled with exasperation, her frustration evident as she looked at him with concern.

"It's alright Violet, " Mr Parker stated. "I think it's time to end this dinner early anyways." he forced a smile toward the girl and stood up suddenly.

"Right, because you're the leader? If those two weren't born I could've been leader." he said pointing to the twins with the fork he was using to eat.

"This again?" Jo sighed

"Leave. Now." Mr Parker said sternly.

"Fine." Kai spoke raising his eyebrows and eating the last mouthful of food and standing up. "Lets go." he gestured at Violet.

Violet sighed as Kai leads her out the door taking her to the tree stump which was quite far from the house, "Kai! What the hell was that?" Violet moved her hand from Kai's grasp suddenly feeling anger take over her being.

"Come on Vi, I was just trying to be funny." Kai replied with a mischievous grin. "Why do you want to be so close to my family for?" he asked all of a sudden.

"Because, I never got a family! Look Kai, Jo is like a sister to me, and I care for both of you. Can you not see that?" she lashed out at him, finally getting him to understand her perspective. She never had anyone to call family aside from her aunty, and Jo was the first person who actually treated her like a sister.

"Look, I'm sorry being leader-" he spoke before being interrupted.

"Oh, shut up! You're not the leader so stop worrying about it." Violet yelled immediately regretting it after it fell from her lips.

"Fine." he said walking away.

"Kai." she called after him but he just walked back to the house. 

"I got some food for you." Violet stated, walking into the guest bedroom seeing the lady from earlier laying down on the spare bed.

"Are you okay?" she questioned.

"Well, boyfriend troubles." Violet 

"I know the feeling. Story of my life." she sighed rolling her eyes as she took a look at the food that Violet bought for her, not even taking a second look as she pushed it away.

"Is that who you were running from?" Violet questioned taking a sip of water on her bedside table.

"Why are you so nice? I could be a serial killer." she stated 

"Well, that's kind of funny because what are the chances that we're both serial killers?" Violet smirked while the stranger chuckled. "Plus, I don't think you're that bad." Violet smiled and she smiled back.

"Thank you... really," she expressed her gratitude, "I haven't been shown this kindness in centuries." she continued. Centuries?

Violet gave her a curt nod before walking into her bedroom and go to sleep - or at least try to. She didn't know if Kai would ever forgive her again. 

It had only been a couple of minutes, Violet was glad she was not asleep when the home phone began to ring, "That's odd." Violet whispered to herself before getting up and answer.

"Violet. Violet, it's Jo. Kai he's-." the line cut out for a bit and it sounded muffled. A concerned look etched over her face, she was worried for Jo - and for Kai too. Were they hurt?

"Jo! Jo! I can't hear you." she exclaimed trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Come over." the call ended suddenly and Violet stumbled on her way out of the house as the weight pushed down on her shoulder, feet feeling heavy as a result of this. She ran over to the house as fast as she could with the exhaustion in her body but the fatigue in her body was soon replaced by adrenaline.

"Jo!" she cried making her way into the house, confused at what had happened and worried for her best friend and her boyfriend. Violet checked the rooms but they were all completely ruined, a churning feeling in her stomach began once again. She sees blood on the floor trailing from one room to another, "Kai!" she gasped, seeing the boy she'd been so worried about. The relief consumed her whole as she saw the boy in front of her, he was okay... Thank God.

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked holding a knife in his hand.

"Kai! Oh my gosh are you okay?" she examined hugging him.

"You came here for me?" he spoke pulling away from her.

"Of course. I love you." Violet declared, surprised at her own slip up. She thought the first time she said that to him would be well more romantic.

"I love you too." he smiled kissing her. 

There was a sticky feeling on her arms and she felt covered in something, she pulled away and finally saw the blood that stained her clothes, "Wait, what happened?" 

"Trust me. It'll be over soon." he reassured pressing his lips to her forehead. Jo walked up from behind and try to knock out Kai, Violet's reaction gave it away because Kai turned and stabbed Jo in the stomach.

"Kai! What are you doing?" Violet yelled taking his hands in hers, trying to make him drop the knife, "Jo! Run!" Violet exclaimed.

He grabbed both of my wrists with zero effort, "Vi, I'll become leader soon okay, just wait here." he smiled at her. 

"No! What the hell is wrong with you!" she spoke struggling to escape from his grasp, fear consuming her all of a sudden - she never expected to feel an intense amount of fear from someone she loved so much, "How far are you willing to go to become leader, Kai?" 

"We'll talk later." he said completely disregarding her questions, "Jo! Where are you?" he yelled walking around the house.

Violet was never brave before but she was ready to go after him to stop him even if it meant that she would get hurt in the process. The minute her feet leave the floor, her feet give in and everything went quiet. 

Violet woke up and tried to distinguish what was going on, her eyes found her hands with rope wrapped around it and noticed that she was surrounded by trees. She knew she was in the forest somewhere when she suddenly saw Mr Parker a couple of metres from her. Violet began to move, freaking out - she wanted to ask what was going on but her head was still throbbing. He shushed the girl before reassuring her, "It'll be okay."

He releases Violet from the tree but kept her hands tied with rope and put duct tape on her mouth but Violet was way too weak to fight back. He led her in front of the house where Kai was raging whilst looking for Luke and Liv.

Jo is outside injured trying to lure Kai out of the house in order to protect her younger siblings until she caught a glimpse of the plan that her father had laid out, "Dad?" Jo questioned, unsure of what he was doing with a tied up Violet. Her eyes held a look of sorrow laced with guilt as she put the pieces together.

"Kai!" he shouted, grabbing his attention as he begins walking outside his house and down the stairs.

Kai was shocked to see his girlfriend, barely conscious, by his father's side, "What are you doing? Let her go." Kai threatened stumbling forward towards him.

He put a hand up to stop Kai from walking to which he stops in his steps, that was the first time he's ever listened to his father, "I will. When you give up your powers in this," he declared holding up some device, "Then you and her will leave and be together."

As Violet regained some of her strength, she began to fully understand the situation - Mr. Parker was using her as bait - an ultimatum. She looked over at Jo with pleading eyes, but Jo seemed to be as shocked as Violet, she couldn't do anything as well because it seemed as if it were working. Jo knew she could do nothing but hope he would choose the latter and leave this power behind once and for all.

"Wow, blackmail Dad. Really?" he squinted his eyes shaking his head.

"Hurry and make your choice." Mr. Parker rushed him still holding Violet up by his side.

"Fine." he stated firmly, walking towards the two and Jo's eyes light up with hope as she watches her twin do the impossible. He was going to choose Violet over being the leader.

"Hey everything going to be ok." he smiles untying me and taking off my duct tape. He hugs me.

"I-" I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen.

"I love you so much." he whispers into my ear kissing the side of my head. I gasps slowly falling to the floor gasping for breath.

"No! Violet!" Jo yelled trying to make her way over to the bleeding girl as her Dad ran to her, dragging her away as they disappear off into the forest somewhere.

Kai puts Violet down against the grass and rests his forehead on hers, "I love you. I always have and always will but I need this." he apologised as stood up and made his way into the forest with his sister and father.

Violet was dying. She could feel her eyes getting heavier.

She blinked but her eyelids felt heavy upon opening and closing them, she feels herself floating almost.

She could barely see but the stranger from before - the one she helped - bit her wrist then fed Violet her blood and before she knows it the pain start to subside, but unfortunately she was bleeding too much. 

"Shit. I'm sorry. Everything's going to be okay." the stranger reassured, pushing her hand in Violet's stomach before she blacked out.

Is this what death looked like?

A FEW HOURS LATER

Violet gasped sitting up suddenly looking at her surroundings and then to the stranger who sat at the end of the bed, "I don't think I've officially introduced myself, I'm Katherine. Katherine Pierce." she elaborated while staring at the girl who seemed to be shocked at how she was still alive. She was bleeding outside the Parker residence a few seconds ago.

"Wh-what did you do to me?" Violet heavily breathed clutching at her throat. She was so thirsty.

"I'm a vampire and so are you. I tried to save you, but you lost too much blood it wasn't possible. Just know that this was the only choice."

"I recently found out werewolves and witches exists and now I find out that vampires exist too," she inquired shaking her head at the sudden news, "So am I a vampire?" Violet said with her eyebrows scrunched, still confused at how this all worked.

"You're going through transition so everything is heightened and the only way to complete the transition is to drink human blood so here." Katherine explained. Violet completely understood what she meant by everything is heightened - she was angry but sad and everything felt  so overwhelming.

Violet drinks the blood from the tube and then asked, "Why did you turn me into a vampire and not leave me for dead? You had the opportunity to, so why didn't you?" 

"You're loyal. I would have never let a stranger stay in my house and when you let me stay, I had to respect you and pay back for what you did for me. Remember I owed you one?" Katherine replied raising her brows with a coy smile.

"Thank you Katherine. I think I have to take care of something." Violet lamented standing up from her bed and taking some new clothes out of her closet into her bag.

"I'm going with you, I know what it's like to be hurt by a loved one." she spoke.

"I can't believe he stabbed me." Violet started getting teary.

"Don't cry. Your mascara is too expensive." she smiled. "I guess its time to teach you how to be a vampire too." she admitted.

"Jo." Violet ran up to her best friend hugging her.

"I'm sorry. Who-" she says.

"This is Katherine and this is Jo." Violet introduced completely forgetting that Jo had just seen her get stabbed in the stomach.

They both nodded at each other, Jo still trying to catch her breath, "She's a-"

"Vampire. I know." Violet admitted.

"And so are you." Jo pondered, it was the only feasible explanation.

"Well thanks to that jerk of a boyfriend. Where is he by the way we have some stuff to talk about?"

"I don't understand you still say he's your boyfriend. He stabbed you."

"I don't know there's just something about him... I can't let go. I see the side of him that he doesn't show to you, or anyone else! I know that I can try to help him change his mind." she pleaded.

"How naïve." Katherine scoffed. Violet and Jo give her an odd look - a look of hurt and one of guilt. "I mean, are you going to tell her?" Katherine stated, pushing Jo to retell the events that just happened.

"M-my father and the other Gemini coven witches decided to send Kai to the prison world and the process of that really hurts." Jo replied trying to be as honest as possible. She never meant to hurt her friend but seeing her get stabbed and die in front of her eyes, Jo just wanted him to be sent away to stop her family from suffering and to honour Violet.

"What? Why? Did you try to-no-he can't be-" she began to break down

Violet was interrupted by Jo embracing her. Both of them were full of tears. Violet never even got to say goodbye or yell at him for all the suffering he's caused her. She never even got to build a family with him. As she sat there in tears Jo explained to her about why Kai was after Luke and Liv and explained the process of merging in order to be the leader.

"I'm sorry Vi. I didn't know how much you loved him. If I'd known we could've done it another way." Jo cried trying to comfort her best friend.

"I can't stay for long. I need to leave. Those people are still after me. You could come with me. Give yourself time to heal." Katherine suggested with an arm on your shoulder.

"Okay." Violet nodded at Katherine before turning around to face Jo.

"What?" Jo began to fumble on her words, losing her family was one thing but losing you was another but she understood. 

"I'm sorry Jo, I have to go. I can't be here right now. I'll miss you."

"Call me or write everyday." she voiced giving Violet one last hug her before she left.

That was Violet's last time in Mystic Falls.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

730K 34.8K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
344K 14.3K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
393K 13.9K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
441K 12.8K 102
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc