You Mean The World To Me (Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall has been working as a personal assistant to the lively, rambunctious boys of One Direction. But he has... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note v3
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 36

1.2K 40 31
By shimefuan

Hello, everybody! I hope you had a good weekend. As for me, I'm quite busy. I have an upcoming Medical Terminology test on Tuesday so wish me luck.

The ending might be a little anticlimactic 😊 Please, bear with me.

*****

After the passionate night they both shared, the loving couple was sleeping peacefully in Niall's bedroom. Zayn was spooning his boyfriend, the heat exchanging between bodies was making them more comfortable. They enjoyed their night together—after their lovemaking for five times. Zayn assumed that his blonde boyfriend would be sore for the next few days and that's why he had to be there for him until Niall healed completely.

Everything was so peaceful until they heard a buzzing sound on the door. It kept buzzing for minutes until Zayn nudged his boyfriend.

"Pumpkin... your door..." he groaned, being irritated by the interruption of his sleep. Everybody knows that Zayn got annoyed when someone was disturbing his sleep.

"Why me?" Niall answered back, his eyelids still close, hoping for the buzzing sound to disappear but it seemed that it was not the case.

"It's your door."

"Okay fine," Niall answered, trying pushing himself up. But before he could get out of the bed, he shrieked when he felt his boyfriend pulling him down, showering him with kisses.

"Good morning, Pumpkin."

"Good morning to you too," Niall replied but as soon as he stood on his feet, he felt this sharp pain in his ass. Now, he was starting to come back what happen last night. Niall didn't regret at all what happened between him and Zayn last night. It was the most memorable night of his entire life.

"Answer the door, it's driving me crazy," Zayn complained. With that, Niall walked forward in a gentle manner. His ass was still burning, not that he was complaining. The buzzing sound on the door was replaced by endless knocking.

"Okay, give me a sec!" Niall answered. As much as he wanted to run towards the door, he can't. But as soon as he reached the door, he looked through the door viewer to see who was disturbing their sleep. Niall scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion when he saw the lads' hairstylist and make-up artist on the other side of the door. "What are they doing here?"

Niall opened the door gently and he almost jumped from the shock when Lou and Caroline greeted him a good morning, handing him a coffee.

"Good morning to you, too..." Niall answered, letting the women inside his flat. He was starting to become suspicious of what they were doing in here first thing in the morning. Niall noticed how Lou opened his make-up bag while Caroline went outside of the flat and back inside pushing a clothing racket filled with different kind of suits and more fashionable clothes.

"Umm... what are you doing?" Niall asked after taking a sip of the hot coffee in his hand. He gave Caroline a weird look when she put clothes in front of him. "What's going on?"

"I'm just checking what kind of look is good on you..." Caroline smiled, going back on the clothing rack. "Do you prefer the nerdy type? Or maybe the innocent, shy type?"

"Huh?" That was all Niall could say. The words were not registering correctly in his brain, his head felt like spinning in circles.

"I think we should re-dye your hair," Lou said, grabbing something in her makeup bag. When she looked up and stared at Niall, the blonde became a little bit uncomfortable. "Hmm... I think we should blend your brown roots into the blonde dye, that would definitely make you look more irresistible."

"Uhm... I'm not sure what's going on but I'm fine with my hair color. I'll re-dye it in a couple of days."

"Don't be silly, Niall. We want you to look your best for later. Otherwise, we might get fired," Lou chuckled, her hands inside of her make-up bag.

"Later?"

"Yes, Niall, later," Caroline answered, holding another set of clothes. "The press conference."

Those blue eyes widened in shock, Niall completely forgot that today was the press conference where he and Zayn admitting their relationship in the public. That thought resulted of his increased heartbeat. He knew at some point that he would have to face the public but he didn't expect that he was going to be this nervous. To make things worse, there was a knock again on the front door and when Niall opened it, he was stunned to see his boss, Anthony Carlton, standing before him.

"M-Mr... Ca-Carlton..."

"I need you to call Zayn and I have something to tell both of you," Anthony commanded in an authoritative tone, pushing the blonde out of the way and for him to get in the flat."

"Zayn is here." That was all Niall could answer. His head was still reeling on what was happening. There were too many things happening at once and Niall couldn't tell which one he should address first.

"Okay good. Where is he?"

"Uhm... he's still sleeping."

"Then wake him up."

"Oh okay," Niall nodded, turning his back against his boss. But when he started walking, he felt the same sharp pain in his ass, making him to wince. He pushed through the pain, not wanting for his boss to find out that something happened to him and his boyfriend.

"Why are you walking funny, Niall?" He heard Lou giggled behind him. Niall turned around to see the questioning look on Lou. He was about to answer but then Lou fired another question at him. "Did you and Zayn finally seal the deal?" Instantly, Niall felt the warmth spread across his cheeks, avoiding the look on Lou.

"I'm not gonna answer that," Niall replied, trying the best of his ability not to make it too obvious. And with that, he went straight to the bedroom to wake up his boyfriend.

Niall gently shook his sleeping boyfriend, not wanting to startle the poor guy who was extremely exhausted after last night.

"Zayn... wake up..."

"G-go... aw-away..." Zayn muffled, burying his face in a pillow. "St-still... sle-sleeping... Too e-early..."

"Anthony is here." That was all it took for Zayn to snap his eyes wide open, staring back at his boyfriend who had a frown on his face.

"What is he doing here?" Zayn hissed, feeling that something bad was going to happen. He pushed himself up, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

"Press conference."

"Is that today?" Zayn saw his boyfriend nodding his head. He completely forgot that today was remarkable for both of them—they will come out in public. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't nervous at all. Even if the public doesn't approve of their relationship, Zayn would never leave Niall behind. This was it for Zayn.

"I have an extra toothbrush in the bathroom, use it before you face them."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Zayn questioned, looking back at his blonde boyfriend, who was busy making their bed. A concealed smirk was trying to sneak up on Zayn because he knew that Niall was making fun of him but it didn't matter. He loved how sly his boyfriend was.

"Just march your ass to the bathroom and brush your teeth thoroughly or do I have to do it for you?"

No matter how hard Zayn tried to hide that smirk, he couldn't because his imagination was running wild free after hearing those words from his boyfriend and none of them were appropriate for young minds.

After Zayn had done his usual morning routine, a gray plaid shirt covered the upper half of his body while a pair of denim pants covered the lower half. A pair of thin black socks covered his feet as he walked on the wooden floor of the flat. Three pairs of eyes stared at him and Zayn was becoming uncomfortable with one of those pairs of eyes—it was his boss, Anthony Carlton.

"Good morning, Zayn." The raven-haired lad was suspicious at the chirpy sounding voice coming from his boss. But before he could do anything, he was surprised that Anthony gave him a hug. Zayn didn't know what to do, whether to hug him back but instead, he was unsure where to put his hand, now that he was enclosed in a small space with his annoying boss in it. That was the most awkward hug he had in his entire life.

(Author's Note: Pretend that Anthony is Voldemort and Zayn is Draco Malfoy. Talk about awkward...)

"Good morning too," Zayn replied, pulling away from his weird boss. He was watching him cautiously before Anthony went for another one. Then, he noticed that Caroline and Lou were in the flat, wondering what those two women doing in the flat.

"After the press conference, I want you and Niall to meet up with a real estate agent." That snapped away Zayn from his thoughts then faced back his boss smiling back at him. "I already made an appointment for the both of you."

"A real estate agent?"

"Yes."

"But why?" Zayn was starting to get more suspicious of the sudden kindness from his boss but he didn't show it to him because he doesn't want to get scolded again.

"Oh, there you are Niall, come in here," Anthony smiled as Zayn became wary of his boss. Zayn held on his boyfriend's hand as they sat down on the sofa. The couple glanced at one another with a puzzling look on their faces then looked back at Anthony.

"As I was saying, you two will meet up later with Mrs. George, she's my personal real estate agent."

"You're buying a property?" Niall pressed his hand against his boyfriend's as he asked the question.

"Uh, no. Why?" Zayn replied, still the questioning expression didn't leave his face.

"I want the two of you get a place of your own and live there together."

Those words were enough to make Niall breathless not in a good way but on the opposite way. His blue eyes widening in shock as the realization hit him like a freight train. For Zayn, he had the same reaction as Niall was. The thought of them living together was way too soon, not that he doesn't want to live with Niall. He does but it was too early for that.

"Wh-what?" Zayn almost choked on his response.

"I will bring the entire crew with you, the cameramen and photographers so they could take a shot of you buying your own house together. That will definitely put a major headline in every newspapers and tabloid first thing in the morning," Anthony grinned as his imagination was bringing him to a much better place. By tomorrow, Anthony Carlton would make another history in the music industry.

Zayn didn't appreciate those words at all, making him angrier. The last thing that he wanted was for paparazzi to hound them every time. He glanced at Niall and he saw that he didn't want this to happen as well.

"No, we're not meeting your real estate agent," Zayn replied firmly. "And I don't appreciate you making this relationship looks like a business deal. I tell you this before and I will tell you again—I will not put Niall in harm's way. You can scold me day in and day out but you have no right in making any decision when it comes to my relationship with Niall."

For whatever reason, Niall couldn't help but feel elated. He saw how brave and courageous his boyfriend was. Niall knew that he made the right decision for pursuing this relationship. He knew that Zayn was the right one for him.

Anthony was too dumbfounded to speak at the way Zayn put him where he belonged. For now, he was not going to let this go but sooner, he has to control them. That was the only way he could secure that this relationship wouldn't end up like with Louis and Harry. Looking back, he remembered how the former couple made every decision they ever wanted and the end result was them separating and him being blamed by the fans.

"Okay, fine," Anthony replied in a calm manner. "I am just concern that the press will ask questions about your living situation. I just thought that this will look more believable in their eyes."

"They can believe it or not but we both know," Zayn pointed his chest ant onto his boyfriend's chest. "...what really is the truth. They can spread lies or rumors about us but that wouldn't change anything. We will stay together."

"I admire your strong will and determination, Zayn."

Not even Zayn expected the words of praise from his boss. The suspicious still remained inside him. He has to look out for Niall just in case that Anthony wanted to separate them.

"Okay, before this testosterone battle turn into something, I have to get Niall ready," Caroline squeezed into the conversation, smiling awkwardly as she pulled Niall out of the living room. Zayn watched as Niall dragged away into his bedroom but once his boyfriend was out of sight, he stared intensely at his boss.

"I don't know what your plan is but I'm telling you that you'll fail if you get in my way."

*****

"What's taking them so long..." Zayn paced back and forth in the living room. His hands started to get clammy, his heartbeat was at an increasing pace to the point that he could hear every beat of his heart in his ear.

"Calm down, okay," Louis reassured his panicky band mate. Hours ago, he received a phone call from Niall asking him to go with him at the press conference. What kind of friend would he be if he let Niall be swallowed by the evil press people? And that was the reason he was in the living room of his best friend, soothing Zayn as much as he could.

"But it's been two hours..." Zayn whined. He was barely functioning not seeing his boyfriend for the past 120 minutes. He knew that Caroline and Lou were working on making his boyfriend public-approved to the press people. But he doesn't care at all, all he wanted to do was to hug and give a kiss to Niall. Now, he was starting to notice that he was getting addicted to his Irish boyfriend.

"Chill out, man!" Louis scoffed. "Don't be such a whiner!"

"I am not!" Zayn replied incredulously. But the door opening from Niall's bedroom snapped his thoughts away as soon as Niall step out of the room. It would be an understatement when his golden amber eyes laid on Niall. With those adorable black framed glasses accentuated Niall's icy blue eyes. The newly dyed blonde hair complimented the brown roots. Niall stood there uncomfortably with black long sleeve shirt paired with denim pants. Needless to say that Zayn was rendered speechless.

"Yo-you... look beautiful..." That was all Zayn could say. There were no words to explain how breathtaking his boyfriend was.

"Hot damn!" Louis cursed. "Niall, you're so fucking hot!"

Blushed plagued Niall's cheeks from the praises he received from Louis and Zayn.

"Good job, you guys!" Louis raised two thumbs up to the two ladies who made Niall looked adorable and fuckable at the same time.

"You and I are going to be very busy tonight..." Zayn whispered in Niall, painting a vivid picture in Niall's head that made the blonde blushed more.

*****

"Good afternoon to all of you..." Anthony spoke in front of the press people. Some of them were holding a camera with big lenses and some were stretching out their hand with a recorder in it. The undying hunger for information was all Anthony could see in those eyes. He doesn't know if it was a good thing or not but he was so damn sure that this would work out just fine.

"I know some of you was itching to know why I called for a press conference," Anthony continued, seeing the nodding of heads in the audience. "Weeks ago, a video was leaked online with one of the members of One Direction and their assistant. Before I go into details, why don't I call them here on stage."

Although nervous, Niall tried to keep his composure normal as the flashing cameras blinding him from the distance. He could hear the shutter button of the camera through the air. A table was set in the center of the stage with microphones on top of it. There were two available chairs in it and Niall occupy one of it while Zayn took the other one. As his icy blue eyes took in the sight of the press from the distance, making his heartbeat at an increased pace. Usually, he was on the side while the boys were so familiar with these press conference. And now that he was experiencing what they had before and Niall got to admit that it was terrifying.

Zayn noticed that his boyfriend getting scared with the surroundings. To compensate for that, he slid his hand under the table, pressing Niall's hand that made the blonde glanced sideways. Zayn smiled through his eyes, telling that everything would be okay. Somehow, Niall slowly pulled himself together with the gesture Zayn showed him.

"As I was saying, these two boys are going to answer all of your questions," Anthony said, looking at the couple in the center of the stage, with him standing a couple of feet away from them. "So fire away..."

A female in her mid-thirties with brown hair and casual clothing raised her hand, stretching the recorder in her hand asked the first question.

"I'd like to know if the leaked video was real or not."

Zayn glanced at Niall, waiting for him for the go signal, and when he does, Zayn leaned towards the microphone and answered, "Yes, it was real."

"Follow up question!" The same reporter said. "What does this mean? Are you two a couple?"

And once again, Zayn glanced at Niall before answering. "Yes, Niall and I are a couple."

"That doesn't make sense," the nosey reporter asked. "Aren't you with Perrie Edwards of Little Mix?"

"Uh..." Zayn muttered. "That's not exactly the case anymore."

"What happened?" Another from the press people questioned, grilling every detail from the couple on the center stage.

"Perrie and I are not together anymore, not for a long while. We decided to keep up appearances so not to create any public hysteria," Zayn answered, hoping that the press wouldn't ask for more but he was dead wrong when another question was thrown in their way.

"Is it because of your assistant? Did he harass you?" Zayn didn't appreciate the tone of that reporter, making it sound that Niall forced him to do something inappropriate. But Zayn tried to control his emotions and not to burst in the public that would make them a big target.

"No, of course not. I've known Niall for a while now. He's not that kind of person," Zayn smiled, glancing at his boyfriend on his side as he pressed the soft hand of his boyfriend. "Niall is the best person you'll ever meet. He was always there for me when I needed him, he always makes me laugh every time that I was feeling down. I know Niall and I can assure you that this boy beside me was the best thing that ever happen to me."

The audience cooed after hearing that. But that good feeling vanished in an instant as a question was asked.

"So are you saying that you're gay?" Zayn became uncomfortable answering that question, knowing that the answer would haunt him later on—namely his family back home.

"It really doesn't matter," Zayn replied. "I don't want to put a label on myself. All I know is that I'm in love with Niall."

And for the next ninety minutes, Zayn and Niall answered as much as they can to the annoying, relentless, crappy questions. But once the press people left the venue, the couple was just staring lovingly at one another.

"I can't believe that it was over," Zayn sighed.

"I hope you don't regret this, Zayn," Niall asked with a concerned tone.

"No, of course not," Zayn shook his head as a response. "I meant what I said earlier that being with you is the best decision that I ever made," he caressed his boyfriend's hand, lifting it up, kissing it gently.

"You two are so disgustingly sweet," Louis scoffed, reminding himself how sucky his life was being single for a while now.

"You're just bitter," Zayn teased, cackling. "Get yourself a boyfriend."

"I will not define my self-worth by having a boyfriend," Louis snarled, glaring at the raven-haired lad.

"Geez! I was just kidding."

"I'm outta here!" Louis turned away from the loving couple, making his way out of the venue.

"You shouldn't do that," Niall chuckled at his boyfriend. "You know how Louis is."

"I was just making a joke, Pumpkin."

"I know, but—"

"Stay with me tonight..." Zayn whispered his boyfriend, pulling the blonde closer to him. He stared lovingly at the blue eyes, getting lost in them.

"Okay..." That was all Niall could answer as he was hypnotized the golden amber eyes that he adored so much. "But let me get some clothes from my flat."

"Then, I'll drive so we can go at the same time."

"No, I'll just meet you at your place," Niall smiled, giving a Zayn a quick peck on the cheek. "Don't worry, it'll be quick."

*****

Niall was in utter bliss. No words can explain accurately how much happy he was. Niall entered his flat, quickly grabbing an overnight bag, stuffing some clothes in there and some toiletries. He had an idea that his boyfriend wouldn't let him out of his sight for the next couple of days. He might as well have enjoyed it.

A buzzing sound from the door snapped his thoughts away. He wondered who could it be. And with that, he pushed himself up, marching into the door with a smile on his face.

"Hello there... Niall..." Niall recognized the smirk and the person standing before him. His heartbeat started to rose as the fear was setting in his entire body.

"Aiden..."

*****

Any thoughts? Now, that Aiden is back. What do you think would happen?

Preview for next week:

"Ouch!" They heard the pain in Niall's voice. "Let me go, Aiden, you're hurting me!"

"That's what you deserve for being a slut!"

"What are you—" Then, they heard a slapping sound followed by a loud thumped. They were thinking that Aiden slapped Niall that it was strong enough for Niall to lose his balance, ending up on the floor. The thought of someone hurting Niall made Zayn incredibly angry within seconds. Both of his hands were gripping tightly on the steering wheel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 3.4K 22
Zayn Malik couldn't take it anymore. The stress, the tour, the expectations set for him by everyone but mostly he couldn't take the pretending. Nial...
905K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
591K 20.5K 138
Preferences of your favorite boy band One Direction.
6.2K 172 10
Louis' in love with Harry but he's can't seem to tell Harry.