To Dance With Wolves ▪Liam Du...

Oleh paranormaIIcy

Emily thinks she might be eternally cursed by the universe. What with the constant bouts of trouble that she... Lebih Banyak

FORWARD
SOUNDTRACK
FIRST ACT
✓ | 00. At First Sight
✓ | 01. Paper Heart
✓ | 02. Lake House Party
✓ | 03. Creatures of the Night
✓ | 04. The Harsh Reality
✓ | 05. The Effect of Fear
✓ | 06. A Blown Short Fuse
✓ | 07. Game Night From Hell
✓ | 08. Now They Know
✓ | 09. From the Heart
✓ | 10. Oh How the Turntables
✓ | 11. He's a Lost Boy
✓ | 12. Trust Fall
✓ | 13. In the Pouring Rain
✓ | 14. The Aftermath
✓ | 15. Loose Ends, Fraying Strings
| 16. Fire Hazard
| 17. Hard Decisions
| 18. It's Like Chasing the Clouds
| 19. With Open Hearts and Minds
| 20. Just for Tonight
| 21. We Deserve a Day of Peace
| 22. This Girl Don't Need Your Saving

| 23. Don't Hide Away

797 35 22
Oleh paranormaIIcy

By the time I got home, the regular school day was almost over, and I had half a dozen unread messages on my phone.

Mason: Where tf are you Em?

Mason: Are you okay?

Mason: Of course as soon as you disappear Liam shows up

Liam: Hey, Mason said you were acting kinda weird & now you're not here. Is something going on?

Liam: I'm going back to class now, please text me back. I need to know that you're ok

Mason: I forgot how annoying Liam is when you're not around, I hope you're alright

I smiled at the last one and rolled my eyes before responding.

To Mason: I leave for a few hours and you completely fall apart. You're hopeless :D

To Mason: And yeah, I'm okay now. I wasn't feeling very good earlier & had to leave

To Liam:  Sorry I had to leave, I was working through some stuff. I think I'm better now though, glad to know you were worried

I hesitated for a moment before sending one more message.

To Liam: How late does practice go today? I kinda miss you.

When I was done typing, I tossed my phone onto my bed and grabbed my laptop off the bedside table. I had an email to write.

Dear Ben,

I know we haven't talked in a while, I've been really busy and I'm sure you have been too. I would rather do this over the phone but who had the money for that, right? Anyway, I thought I'd just check in and update you one what's been going on in my life. 

For starters, I'm actually really happy. Beacon Hills was rough at first (you know what I'm talking about) but I think I've finally settled in. I have this great friend Mason, he's basically the reason I don't stay locked in my room watching tv all day. He's definitely one of the best things that has happened to me since I got here. We can communicate through weird facial expressions like you and I used to do all the time. Honestly sometimes I can't believe he's a real person. He reminds me a lot of you, except he's not 6'2" and he doesn't hit on girls 24/7. Basically he's amazing and I wish you could meet him.

Speaking of, I know that if you like it over there in the city of love, you're going to want to stay, and I'm completely okay with that. Don't feel like you have to come back for me. As long as you're happy, everything else will work out somehow. But if you stay you're gonna have to embrace the love part of the title and find someone for yourself. I don't want you to get lonely over there without my charms to entertain you.

Anyway, this town is still kinda weird, but I'll table that for later. And that's pretty much it.

Write back whenever you have time, and don't leave out any details! (unless they involve you and a girl because I really don't need that kind of image in my mind) 

Love you <3
Emily 

I read the message over a few times before sending it. I knew I had left out a few pretty important things, but I sure as hell wasn't going to tell him my boyfriend was a werewolf and I'd almost died multiple times since the last time we spoke. Despite all the things I knew I couldn't say, I tried to be as honest as possible. I didn't bother doing the math to figure out what time it was in France, he would get the email whenever he got it, and reply whenever he had time, I wasn't too stressed about that.

With so much weight off my shoulders from finally talking to my brother, even if it was only over email, I could finally focus on something else. 

Writing about Mason had reminded me he was my best friend, maybe even better than any of the friends I had back in Vermont, and I had been neglecting him. Lately I'd been so focused on my own problems, that I'd let him slip away a bit. I had snapped at him earlier, and I had lied. That wasn't going to happen again. Mason had completely changed my life for the better, and I was not going to forget that. He deserved the world and I was going to do everything in my power to get him just that.

I was just about to grab my phone to see if he had texted back, when it started to ring. It startled me, and I almost dropped my laptop. When I recovered a few seconds later, I fumbled for the source of the noise.

"Hello?" I asked when I finally managed to locate the device. I hadn't checked to see who was calling, so I wasn't sure which voice to expect. 

"Oh my god you little f-"

"Mason." I said, smiling as I cut him off. "What's up?"

I heard sputtering on the other end before he responded. "What's up? You were acting shady as hell and then you disappeared, and you're asking what's up?"

"Did you get my texts?"

I was greeted by silence. Then the sound of button pressing and then a very loud and drawn out oh.

"This is why you have to check stuff before you lose your mind, Mase. We've been over this."

"Oh get off your high horse, Em. Like I'm the only person that freaks out for no reason. Remember when you and Liam came barging into my room because you thought I was dying?"

"You screamed like you were being murdered, Mason." I deadpanned, trying not to laugh.

"Nuh uh."

"You sounded like a little girl." 

He cleared his throat and I could imagine him shaking his head. "Ok truce, none of us are perfect."

"Sure.

"Ok, well I was just calling to make sure you weren't abducted or anything, Liam and I were about to hit the training room. He's got that game tomorrow and I'm just trying to get those guns blasting."

I snorted at his last remark, "Good luck with that."

"Shut up, you're such a bully."

"Love you too." 

Homework took up the next hour of my day. When it was finally done, I let myself collapse back into the inviting sheets of my bed. I rolled over and pulled my laptop open, just in case Ben had already responded to my email. To my utter surprise, he had.

Dear Emily,

First of all, I'm a bit delirious considering it's the middle of the night - or the early morning - however you want to see it, but I couldn't sleep and I saw you FINALLY wrote to me so I had to respond right away before you forgot about me again. 

I'm really glad that you're happy. It's been a rough year and I don't know about you but I am  definitely ready to get back to the good stuff. Mason sounds great, and you should totally send pictures next time you write. Not just of him, but of everything. I've never been to California so I don't really know what to picture when I think about it. I wish I could meet him and all your other friends, but I'll settle for just hearing about them from you. 

Speaking of friends, I actually did manage to leave the library a few times since I've been here and I met some cool people too. There's Alisha, who is like the older, classier version of you. She's funnier too. And Isaac, who's a bit strange every now and again and is a bit closed off but mostly just a great guy who is shockingly good at Call Of Duty. Then there's Jane. She might actually end up as more than a friend but I'm not quite sure yet. Since you asked for no details I'll keep them all to myself, even though there really aren't any. And that's pretty much everything.

Basically France is really cool, and even though I don't know if I'm going to stay here after college, I'm definitely enjoying it here. I know we're not really face to face but it's still really nice to be at least sort of talking to you again. Don't go too crazy without me there to watch out for you. Oh, and show our poor aunt some respect. She's been sending me nonstop emails asking for advice on how to handle your crazy little butt. And something about those messages are making me think there's a boy (or girl) that you haven't told me about. Whatever it is, just stay safe and don't do anything I wouldn't do, because as annoying as you are, I don't want to lose you too. You are never allowed to leave me. Okay? 

Now I have early classes tomorrow, actually it's today at this point, so I have to get back to sleep.

Love you (more than my masculinity want's to admit)
Ben

Just as I got to the end of the email, I was startled up by the loud banging on my front door.

I furrowed my brows in confusion at the sudden loud noise. I closed my computer and walked cautiously down the stairs, the ruckus from the door refusing to cease. I was quite a bit worried about who might be on the other side of the door, so I peeked out the window before opening it.

I relaxed when I saw it was just Liam, but just as quickly as it left, the worry returned. Something had to be wrong if Liam was pounding on the door as relentlessly as he was. I pushed past the couch and towards the door.

When I pulled it open I was greeted my a sight that shattered my heart into about a thousand little pieces. Liam's face was streaked with tears and there was a look of panic in his eyes that was all too familiar to me.

Without hesitation, I pulled him into the house and closed the door behind him. My arms wrapped around him as if that was all they were ever meant to do, and after a minute he returned the gesture. His grip was so tight I almost couldn't breathe, but I didn't really care.

"I think I'm losing my mind, Emily." He said after a long minute of silence.

I swallowed hard and pulled away from him. "Is this about the things that attacked you last week?"

He nodded.

"Losing your mind and being scared of something are two very different things, Liam. Having nightmares about them doesn't mean you're going crazy."

He shook his head and gently grabbed my arm pulling me over to the couch.

"It's not just nightmares, Emily. I told you I keep seeing them when I'm awake too."

I frowned and clasped my hands in my lap. This wasn't going to be easy.

"Do you think it has anything to do with your, um . . . unique physique?"

When he didn't seem to understand what I was asking I sighed and elaborated bluntly. "Does it have anything to do with you being a werewolf?" I couldn't help but whisper the last word.

His eyes widened in recognition and then his brows furrowed as he seemed to consider my question. 

"I hadn't thought about that. I've been too freaked out to think about much of anything recently. Do you really think that might be all it is?" He looked at me hopefully.

I sighed and shook my head. "I don't know, Liam. I'm hardly an expert. I think maybe you should talk to Scott."

"Why? He can't help me."

"He's your alpha Liam, if anyone has the answers it's probably him."

Liam cast his eyes to the ground before he spoke again. "I don't know if I can, I just don't know what to do."

I smiled sadly and pulled his hands into mine. "Look at me Liam. Scott cares about you, he saved your life, twice actually. I saw him with you in that locker room last month, he wants to help you. You have to let him."

"You really think so?"

"I do."

There was a moment of slightly awkward silence after that, and I felt the need to keep talking to fill it. "But if you can't do that, you can always go over to Masons, he's worried about you."

"What if I just want to stay here with you?"

I raised my eyebrows a bit, but didn't question him. "I think I could work with that too."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.7K 429 28
𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 ─ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒. Kat has always known what she was going to do with he...
3.8K 116 26
Sky Reid was born in Los Angeles but she could never fit in. Life there was too fancy and she was...too wild. Her father, who's a deputy, now gets tr...
903K 29.8K 46
RUNAWAY [ BOOK THREE ] ✧ Evil never seemed to rest in Beacon Hills, so as soon as the Nogitsune issue had been dealt with, it was onto the next one;...
371K 14.1K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...