American Girl, Brazilian Worl...

By Mrs_Santos-Styles

Mackenzie Brooke, a 22 year old woman who's hoping to make her dreams come true; dreams involving soccer. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 22

309 10 15
By Mrs_Santos-Styles

*December 4, 2014*

*Mackenzie's POV*
Another week until my second game. I would say I am nervous, but overall I think I'm going to do good. I've gone to half of my team pactices and the other half I've spent at the guys' practices.

On the other hand, I'm proud to say Neymar and I are still together after 3 months. We still lo-like each other as if it's the first month. He's still being so kind as always, giving me flowers every anniversary, and making me laugh as he makes sure he posts about us on instagram so the whole world knows it as well. As I think about him now, I'm juggling a ball, preparing to watch another one of Neymar's games. The best part is that this time I'm going to enjoy the game with Alexis and Harry.

As I volley the ball into the goal, I walk over to retrieve it. As I do so, I hear the click of a camera, so I turn around. Neymar is smirking at me with his camera.

"Really, Neymar?!" he just continues to smirk at me, and winks while walking away, leaving me bright red.

I hate that he can control my feelings with just a little smirk or smile. Although, being the easy going and good looking man he is, it's hard not to become flustered when he does things like that. I doubt I could ever control him like he does with me.

Then I see Harry and Alexis walking over to me, holding hands. I was grinning from ear-to-ear, gushing at the adorable moment. Alexis blushed, and Harry has a proud smile on his face, dimples showing as always. I kind of fangirl their relationship in a way.

"Hey, Mackenzie!" they both greet at the same time.

I walk over to Alexis and hug her, and then hug Harry. Alexis seeming to glow with how happy she looks right now, it's quite funny.

"So I have both good news and bad news," I began to say.

"The good news is that I decided to sit with you guys during the game."

"YAAAYYY!!!" Alexis cheers in joy.

"So, what's the bad news?" Harry asks, crossing his arms while raising an eyebrow at me.

"The bad news is that I'll be third wheeling for 90 minutes straight," I say in digust, making Alexis laugh and Harry smirk.

He then wraps an arm around Alexis' shoulder, giving her a adoring look. I look away and blush. I've always been one to be awkward and embarrassed when seeing or receiving affection.

"Well, I'll be back, I'm going to talk with Neymar until the game starts," I say to them.

"Ok," they say in sync.

I walk back over to Neymar. He is sitting crisscrossed on the ground looking at his phone. I swear it is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I walk over and put a hand on his shoulder, and lean down near him in a standing position, causing him to look up.

"Hey," I greet him.

"Hey," he replies, leaning up to kiss me on the cheek. I blush at his kind gesture.

"So, how are you feeling?"

"To be honest, just like any other game, I'm nervous," he answers in a sigh.

"I know, it's to be expected to be nervous. I'm always nervous before a game too. But you know what? You have nothing to worry about. You'll do great," I encourage him, feeling his muscles relax a little under my hand that is placed on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess," Neymar says quietly, more to himself than me.

For the next 5 minutes we sat on the bench on the sidelines, with my head resting on Neymar's shoulder and his arm hanging loosely around my waist. I lift my head up to see what he was looking at on his phone, and I see a picture of him and his son together.

I smile at the adorable photo. "That's so cute," I whisper to Neymar. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Yeah."

He then flicks the picture to the side, going to the next one.

I loved that photo. "Awwwwwww!" I gushed, causing Neymar to chuckle.

I then realize he has a whole photo album for his son, which I thought was the greatest thing ever.

"I saw that picture on the internet," I blurted, causing Neymar to look at me.

"When I saw your instagram post of your son several months ago, I was shocked. I searched it up to see if it was true, and that was the first photo that showed up."

Neymar set his phone down, and turned to me. "How do you feel about it?"

"About what?"

"The fact that I have a son."

I thought about it for a while. "To be honest, it's kinda scary. I never have met someone who has a son and still has so much... youth..," I said carefully to him. He nodded his head while looking down. I could tell he was trying really hard to hide it but I could see it in his eyes that he is sad. Let me finish, Neymar..

I gently lifted his chin with my finger, making his soft hazel eyes look into mine. "Although, I have heard of people who have been put in your situation. Let me tell you, I have never seen someone who has taken such good care of their child, and love them unconditionally like you do. Which makes you as a person even more amazing, more special. I'll always admire you for that," I say to him, never breaking eye contact with him. He has really changed me...

I have never been able to look someone in the face, smile all the time, and say what I feel. Neymar has changed that about me. When I'm with him, I'm so carefree and confident, and feel like I can do anything. Never in a million years I'd have such a great guy to call mine, and of all people it's Neymar.

I'm brought out of my thoughts as Neymar brings his lips to my cheek. He smiles at me. "Thank you," he whispers. I smile back, and we both lean in for a hug. I love his hugs, I could sit like this with him all day..

I hear the whistle blow, the signal for them asking for captains. "Well, the game is about to begin, I should go to my seat now," I say to Neymar, kissing him on the cheek. When I pull away, I see that he is pouting while looking at me, jutting out his bottom lip.

"What?" I ask him, giggling quietly.

"Sit on the bench," he demanded more than he asked as if he was a 5 year old. I laughed and hugged him.

"I'm going to hang with my friends during the game, but I will hang out with you as much as you want afterwards," I say, making him replace the frown on his face with a cheeky smile.

"Ok, bye," he says quietly. I wave goodbye to him and walk up the stairs to sit next to Harry, making sure no fan will try to attack him or steal him from my best friend. That will not happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's like 15 minutes until the end of the game, and I'm on the edge of my seat next to Harry. Alexis and Harry don't really get into soccer that much like I do, so they are finding it quite amusing the way I'm acting right now.

The game is also becoming very physical at the moment, as Neymar has gotten into a verbal fight with some players a few times for unnecessary fouls that the reff hasn't called during the game. It's been a countless number of times where I have had to yell over the screaming fans in the stadium to get him to look at me, so I could casually give him a stink eye and firmly mouth, "NO" to him. He of course pouts on the field, but listens so he doesn't in trouble for an actual fight.

Messi receives the ball and travels up the field, causing all the Barcelona fans to begin to cheer. He makes a move, and then passed a through ball out to the left wing, where Neymar receives the ball. Now I'm practically falling off my chair..

"Come on, Neymar....," I whispered as I watched him cut across the field and dribble towards the goal. Once he gets about 10 yards away from the goal, he cuts in, making a move towards the middle. A smile appears on my face as I slowly rise from my chair, as I have seen him score in this way many times. Once he becomes parallel with the right post, he shoots, and the ball sinks into the bottom right corner.

Once again, goal.

I jump up in the air, screaming with joy as I watch him run over to his team and hug them. He then run to the sideline where the other part of his team is and where I am, sitting above the bench for subs. He began to scan the crowd, as if looking for something. Then once his eyes locked with mine, he smirked, pointing at me. I smile and point back at him.

"Once again, another goal Neymar dedicated to his new girlfriend, the one and only Mackenzie Brooke!" I hear the announcer say. I smile and look at Harry and Alexis, pride of my boyfriend's goal evident on my face. Alexis smiles back at me, and Harry does the same, giving me a side hug.

Finally, the game was over. Barcelona won 1-0, of course by Neymar's amazing goal. I began talking to Alexis and Harry, and Harry's jaw drops in the middle of the conversation for no reason.

"What?"

"Someone brought someone else to the game to see you I think..," he says, pointing to something behind me as still are standing next to our seats.

"Awwwwww!" Alexis gushes as she sees whatever Harry is talking about that is behind me.

"What are you talking abou-" I stop when I see what Harry was talking about as I turn around. I see Neymar with Davi, as he points me out to him.

Oh my gosh, there's Davi..

Neymar or I are not supposed to see him for 2 months! Davi's mother is supposed to have him! I got excited and squealed, causing Alexis and Harry to laugh. I make my way towards the little boy that I've grown to love, enjoying this moment that I have right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 70 23
꒰⏰꒱ :: discontinued ᜊ 🌩️ ΛšΛ–βΊ Κšβ‚ŠΛšβ€§ This book has a special place in my heart, the passion with Football, the love i still have for it will never be...
15.2K 461 40
22 year old Makaya wants to chase her dreams, but stumbles upon a soccer institution, and wants to join in, but little does she know it was Neymar Jr...
700K 11.3K 34
*Just a disclaimer, I wrote this when I was very young and had absolutely no writing skills at all so read at your own discretion. My newer works are...
125K 3.3K 35
❌THIS STORY IS HORRIBLY WRITTEN AND I HONESTLY DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU READING IT!! THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER BOOK THAT I'VE WRITTEN❌ I'm Ariana Da Lima I'...