"Beauty and the Beast"

By bananabread

OK so this is the classic story written my way. Adam is cursed and is is searching for a way to break the spe... More

"Beauty and the Beast"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Explanation of the 3rd POV
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 18

18.5K 515 17
By bananabread

HEY EVERYONE!!!! :) ok so here is what you have allbeen waiting for!!! Martin!!! yay!!! I like this chapter and hope you do too!!! I also have a little snippit at the end for anyone who would like to ad it and tell me what you think. It is a new story i want to write... I am just having a REALLY HAPPY day today!! I have no idea why but I am!!! :) YAY!!! OK here you are!!!

oh and recap is: Melanie (Martin's sister) is in town and there was dama between her and Victor in the past... Martin, while out looking for Faith, was hurt... Faith and "Lewis" had their little dance and she was planning on returning home for a short visit then going back to live with the beast forever but then Adam found Martin injured and took him inside where Faith found him and she has no idea what happened... OH!! and the Dame Magique is Hope, Faith's twin sister... there I think that is all that is important at the moment.... I know me referring to the beast as Adam and "Lewis" is confusing but oh well!! "Lewis" is what Faith calls him because he won't tell her his REAL name is Adam... Ok DONE! Now on to the story!!

Martin ran through the forest. It had grown black out as the sun set. He had called off the search a while ago and the others headed back already. But Martin could not. His lovely Charity was beside herself with worry about both her younger sisters. He could not help the situation with Patience, he had already warned Victor away and short of fighting him there was nothing else to be done. However, Faith he could help. If she had died, they would have found a body by now. No, she is alive and hiding somewhere. But where? With a sigh, Martin started toward the town. He had traveled further then normal, following an animal trail he discovered. That is when he saw it. In the distance he saw a clearing with a vast lake spreading before him. The sight was breath-taking but that is not what caught Martin’s attention. No, it was the massive castle beyond the lake that was. Martin froze. What is this place? Hope sprung up in him. Faith, she must be there!!

Martin kept his sword close to him as he began his way around the lake. Though, he had not taken three steps when there was a loud snap resounding in the air around him. Marin drew his sword and scanned the area. He could not see anything in the darkness. The trees above him shut out any moonlight, blinding him. The meadow was lighted up with the glowing moon but inside the tree cover, there was not a spot of light.

“Who is there?” Martin shouted, more to make himself at ease with the silence then anything else. He heard a small chuckle.

“You should not be here. Do you not know that traveling in the Black Woods is dangerous?” It was a light tinkling voice. A shiver ran down his spine.

“Who are you?” Martin asked again.

“An outcast, a cursed soul,” they laughed. “You cannot think of going to the castle. You are not, are you? It is a death sentence.”

“What do you know?” Martin’s heart stopped. This is it. Faith is either alive and well inside the castle or… The thought of the alternative lodged Martin’s breath in his throat. Over the past year he had come to think of Faith as his own sister. And I cannot fail another sister.

“The Beast of the forest resides there. He is heartless. Do not think he will take kindly to you invading his home.” The stranger stayed shadowed.

“How can I get to it?” Martin did not care what this stranger thought, he had to find Faith.

“Very well. But do not say I did not warn you. Follow the forest’s edge but keep a weather eye out for danger. Many dangerous creatures live nearby. Then you will come across a gate. Be careful, the gate is guarded by giants and they are the least of your worries. Remember who lives in that castle. It may be a beautiful sight by within lurks the epitome of evil.” With that the presence left him.

Martin did as they said and traveled on the boundary of the forest and lake while keeping watch on the trees. Though it was not the trees he should have been looking toward.   A pressure on his chest was the first clue and then it tightened until he was in a hold that could not have been broken. A slim cased tentacle was secured around him and heaved him into the frigid water below. Martin had time to draw one small breath before he was plunged into the black depths. Pain laced his body and he could feel the air getting squeezed out of him.

Martin felt a stabbing pain in his leg as something bit into him. He felt as if it were tearing his leg apart. He let out a gasp, unintentionally letting out the rest of his air. The pressure was too much. His lack of air was causing him to panic and Martin could feel his systems shutting down. A glimmer of light gleamed before him and he felt the pressure lessen but he could not keep the darkness away any longer to see his salvation.

An unbearable pain pulled Martin back to the real world. Martin looked around him for any sign of the one who helped him but he found nothing. Now he was surrounded by trees and could view neither the meadow nor the lake. Slowly rising up, he cried out in agony. He looked to see a gash running the length of his left leg. Wincing in pain, he slowly treaded along. He stumbled and fell onto the rough packed dirt. The pain was shrouding his mind again. That is when the massive forms came upon him. The giants… That must mean I made it. “Faith…”

Melanie sat in her room and could not stop the worry that engulfed her. Where is Martin? He cannot be hurt! Please! If the Femme Fatale is real then help my dear brother! And what about Charity… She had meet with Charity again since returning to the small town. Her brother had sent her letter after letter speaking of his love for this woman. Melanie did not have the fondest memory of the woman when she had left but now Charity seemed changed. Martin cannot be taken from us so soon. Tears cascaded down her face.

“My dear, everything will be fine.” Her husband, Caleb, came to her side. She shook her head. No it will not…

“I am worried for my brother. I could not bear it if something has happened to him. You cannot imagine everything he has done for me.” Her voice was broken from the tears.

“Please, tell me everything that happened. I know why you left but you have never told me the entire story.” She knew Caleb would never turn away from her because of her past mistake, after all, he already knew about what had occurred, just not the particulars. But to tell him of the worst mistake in her life… The memories swarmed to the forefront of her mind, encasing her in the past.

          Victor had been extremely attentive to her and she had considered herself in love. His handsome face and captivating eyes beguiled her. Martin had warned her numerous times that he was a scoundrel but she could not see it. His charming ways wooed her and she had made her decision. She was going to marry him. He had invited her over for a special dinner. Melanie was shaking with excitement as she dressed in her most eye-catching dress. It was a cream yellow with a flower pattern on the skirt. She wasted no time rushing over to Victor’s home.

          “I was not sure you were going to come,” Victor said as he answered the door.

          “What would make you think I would not?” She replied with a smile on her face. “If it was Martin that put such doubts in your head, let your mind rest in ease. I care not what he thinks. I love you!” Victor took her hand and led her into the grand house.

          “Then prove your love to me,” Victor’s silky smooth voice washed over her.

          “Where were you?” Martin’s steel hard voice froze Melanie at the door as she came in. She shifted uncomfortably. She could not lie to Martin; he was her brother, her closest family.

          “Martin, please do not be angry…” Melanie began but she was not able to finish her thought as Martin began yelling.

“I told you to stay away from him!!! He cares for no one but himself no matter what you think!!! He will ruin you!!!”

“We are engaged! He would never do any of those things! You know what I think? I think you are blinded by jealousy! You envy him and his success!” Melanie defended herself.

“He will break your heart. I will not allow you to marry him. That is final.” Martin’s voice rigid voice held a reproach that made her squirm out of guilt. She hoped, no prayed that Martin would not notice but few things got past her older brother. “What happened?” she could not reply nor look at him. “Melanie…” she shook her head and went upstairs.

The next morning was the worst of her life. Melanie had put extra care into her appearance. She wished to make Victor proud to call her his. However, as she left the house with Martin, she saw another young woman in the arms of her beau.

“Victor? What…” She did not know what to say.  What is going on? Who is this woman? Victor soon answered all her questions.

“You did not honestly think I was going to marry you? Did you?” He laughed. “You are not nearly pretty enough to bare my name.” Anger, sorrow, and humiliation warred within Melanie as Victor and the lady left. It only took one glance at Melanie for Martin to realize all that had transpired between the two of them the night before.

Martin called out to Victor and punched him square in the face. Tears blurred Melanie’s vision but the sound of flesh connecting with flesh along with the screams of the other woman was all she needed to know.

By the time the two were separated Victor was bloodied and featured a broken nose. Martin had a few good bruises starting to form but nothing compared to Victor.

“Stay away from my sister.” Martin wrapped her in his arms as she sobbed and took her back home.

That night Melanie’s father had come home after hearing the rumors and disgrace brought by the scandal. Melanie was clinging to Martin, hoping to absorb some of his strength.

“You are leaving. You will live with your aunt in the city.” Those were the only words spoken to her. She pleaded as did Martin but her father refused to listen. The next morning, as commanded, she was packed and ready to leave. After a tearful goodbye to Martin, she took the coach across the lands to the City.

A shell of bitterness had enveloped her heart after that day. She never let any one near and all men were doomed in their affections toward her… until Caleb, that is. He was persistent and brutally honest. That is what she loved about him. He never tried to charm her.

“My dear?” Caleb drew Melanie out of her memories. She looked toward him as her knelt beside her chair. “I love you.” His reassurances were heartening but unnecessary.

“I know. And I love you.” She lent over and kissed him warmly. Now the only thing I need to make life perfect is for my brother to be home and safe…

ok here you go!!! lol I hope you liked it!!! Please comment and vote! :) it is much appreciated!!! now here is the snippit of the story i want to write....

            “You are suggesting treason!!! Have you lost your mind?!?” I was shocked. Captain Amos had been a loyal servant to my family for years, and now he comes to me suggesting something like this?!?

“You are the only one the people will follow. You are meant to take the throne anyway,” Amos tried to reason with me but I was in shock.

“If my father discovered you were plotting this he would have you tortured and killed! Please, I am begging you! Stop this!” I pleaded with him. He knew I would not be able to turn him in. I grew up with him. He has been like a brother to me and I would protect him with my life but my father was my true blood. How could Amos possibly consider asking me to betray my father that way?

Amos stood tall and did not falter at my words. He always stood strong in what he believed and rarely swayed. I prayed that this would be one of those rare times where he would listen but I could tell by his expression that he would not change his mind about this. His steel blue eyes were hard and unyielding.  “I need you with me on this. The kingdom is falling apart. Your father is losing touch with his people and they are suffering. The kingdom needs a new ruler, you.”

I am going to put up the description on my wall for anyone who wants to see it just look at my profile... It is going to be called None is Fair in Love and Treason... Tell me what you think!!!!! Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 100 13
While they struggle to maintain their relationship in a divided world, they face the jealousy of Lute, who sees his connection with Adam threatened...
3.3K 126 12
Everything was going well in Arman's life when a strange text message from an unknown person changed his life forever. Will Arman know the true purpo...
44 0 27
***RECOMMENDED READING AGE 18+ MATURE THEMES THROUGHOUT*** Adam is a loner; a nobody, trying to recover from past trauma. With seemingly no direction...
57 2 15
This story is a branch off from my story "Beauty in business." This is the story of the character Adam. Join him as he tells the story of his life. F...