The Secrets of the Throne (se...

By roiskate

When a tragic Mix up leaves Freya wondering who exactly she is, she is thrown into a world so far from hers i... More

The Secrets of the Throne (Edited)
Chapter 1. (Edited)
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12

Chapter 9.

19K 397 54
By roiskate

I was walking down the street,
When out the corner of my eye
I saw a pretty little thing approaching me.
She said "I've never seen a man
Who looks so all alone,
Could you use a little company?

"Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
I got bills to pay,
I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
I know I can't slow down,
I can't hold back,
Though you know, I wish I could.
No there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Until we close our eyes for good".

Freya’s head was drooping into her peas at dinner the next day when a loud bang of a door woke her up with a splutter.

She watched as Tess squealed happily looking more like an eighteen year old that the thirty nine she was supposed to be. Jamie threw his napkin down on his plate and walked/ran alongside Tess to the large foyer.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, eventually Freya regained enough strength in her sleep deprived limbs to follow them, the noises of crying and laughter ringing along the hallway to meet her.

There was a teenage boy in the foyer when she finally caught up, taller than her and still in the gawky stage of growth to look lanky and permanently embarrassed. His eyes were more violet than silver- unlike Freya’s, his messy brown hair the same near black colour of their mothers.

She watched as Tess nitpicked at his clothes, how long his hair had gotten and finally just settled on hugging him so tight, Freya thought she could hear bones breaking.

“My son”. Jamie said with a wide smile, hugging him in the manly way- one armed with the other clapping his back- when Tess eventually let go of him.

“Hi dad”.  The boy said with a wide smile, blushing slightly when he noticed the girl in the room. “Who’s that?” he whispered to Jamie who looked awkward. They obviously weren’t ok telling their son that his ‘dead’ older sister was here to stay over the phone Freya reasoned feeling more than a little jealous of how well they interacted with each other.

“This is Freya”. Tess said walking over to her, placing on hand on the arch of her back.

“Hi Rupert”. Freya said softly, smiling slightly. It had always been her wish to have a brother when she was back at Meredith’s so why did she seem so awkward now when she had one, she wondered.

“Um hey”. He said blushing like mad scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

“You look thin; they are feeding you in school aren’t they? Nobody is being mean to you or anything”. Tess said nervously, fluttering around him, easily outnumbered in the height department by all three of them despite her heels.

“Mum, chill. And everything’s cool, nobody is going to be mean to the next in line to the throne, it’s the ass licking that annoys me”. He said laughing and hugging her again.

Suddenly Freya, Tess and Jamie all looked at each other, Freya knew that with her miracle survival he wasn’t going to be king, in fact it was her that was going to be queen one day.

One day in the very distant future she hoped.

“Listen baby, Dad and I want to talk to you in the library”. Tess said kissing her son on the forehead.

He just nodded looking both curious and scared, like a rabbit caught in headlights stopping only when he walked past Freya in the direction of the library. “Hey you look like Mum, are you related to her?” He asked looking at her face.

“Come on Rupe”. Tess said putting one of his arms through his so she could tow him into the room, into his doom.

Freya watched as he went into the living room shooting her a puzzled look before the door closed. She shrugged, before looking around the room trying to think of things to do.

Eventually she gave up, walking into the games room on the third floor, to where Sebastian, Sel and Tristan were playing computer games, they all gave a wave when she walked in Echo was slouched on the massive L shaped sofa in the middle of the room, laying on her stomach with her legs up in the air reading a celebrity gossip column.

Freya threw herself down beside her, playing absentmindedly with one of her long curls. Suddenly she shrieked with laughter. “Hey Tristy, apparently you’re Madonna’s latest toy boy”. Echo hooted nearly falling off the couch.

“Lay off, she’s a friend of my mom’s”. Tristan said sounding embarrassing.

“Say what you will, there’s a picture in here of you going in for the kill”. She said holding up a picture of what looked like them kissing. Freya was surprised how angry it made her, like she wanted to rip the page from under Echo’s hands.

“Look I went to a charity event in New York, she was there. She asked me to walk her to her car and bam; she just went like 105% of the way in. Technically it’s mouth rape”. Tristan said pausing the game, and looking at Echo.

“Dirty bitch! You’d think she would have learned by now, I mean she’s not a material girl now, more like a woollen old age pensioner. I wonder do her legs creak when opened, like an old door hinge”. Echo said making all the boys in the room shudder.

Suddenly Luis swanned into the room, a wide smile on his handsome face. Freya narrowed her eyes suspiciously looking at something on his neck; a big dark bruise was spread across his neck.

“Is that a hickey?” She exclaimed, she watched as he looked at his fingernails a smug smile playing on his face. Eventually when he realised everyone was looking at him, he lifted his hands to his mouth and made a zipping motion.

“Hey is there anything else in that shitty magazine about me?” Tristan asked, looking a little scared.

Freya and Echo both looked at the next page, the headline said “Saskia Martin spotted at top London clinic”.

“No, that’s all”. Echo said looking up at Freya, the message in her eyes clear, ‘don’t tell Tristan’. Freya nodded finally, trying not to let her suspicions get the better of her.

“Thank god”. Tristan said looking relieved, he felt his phone ring in his pocket sliding it out he pressed busy without even having to check who it was, it was her.

It was always her.

“Why do you look like someone just told you your cat just died?” Echo said tilting her head to the side, studying Freya’s expression while not blinking, the overall effect was bizarre and strangely compelling.

“Not our cat, there would be a party if the little fucker died”. Sebastian said while looking at the screen, throwing his two cents into the situation.

Echo didn’t even blink, she just kept looking at Freya until she sighed and threw her hands up in the air. “Fine, I think I’m suffering from with drawl”. She said eventually.

Again came the non- blinking. “With drawl from what? Narcotics? Alcohol? Sex?” She asked causing Freya to roll her eyes again.

“Seriously, is there anything you two won’t do”? She snorted gesturing to the twins.

They both answered the unanimous “Nope” at the same time, popping the p at the end.

“Just missing being around horses and stuff, I used to be pretty good with them”. She said with a smile, missing the smell of horse and even being drooled on.

“Why didn’t you say so”? Sebastian said standing up, throwing the controllers at Sel who scowled angrily. “You know I’m a polo player right? And Tess and Jamie have stables here you know?” He said checking his reflection in the mirror.

“You’re checking your reflection to go to the stables?” Echo snorted disbelievingly.

“Actually it’s for Sam”. Sebastian said in a matter of fact tone.

“Funny that, I thought Sam’s name was Sam, not Amelia”. Echo said snorting.

“Who’s Amelia?” Freya asked, trying to think if she had heard that name before. No, she was fairly certain she hadn’t.

“The ice queen Sebastian’s obsessed with, she’s the head stable girl. Her mother was an Olympic equestrian rider”. Echo said with a smug smile.

“She will be screaming my name in a couple of weeks I guarantee it”. Sebastian said, a little tetchily than before.

“Care to put a bit of money on it cousin?” Sel asked with a sly smile that made Freya feel slightly nauseous.

“You know it”. Sebastian said with a grin making the nausea hit her even more.

“You know guys; I think I’ll stay here. There’s a brilliant documentary on breastfeeding chimpanzees...” Tristan started to say causing Echo to call him off.

“Save it, you’re coming”. She said simple causing Tristan to pale like a week old lemon. She turned to the puzzled Freya when she noticed her expression. “Tristy is a shitty horse rider, he can’t seem to stay on long enough to make them move, and when the odd miraculous time that they do move, they leave him behind on the floor”.

“I’m not shit, it’s just horses aren’t as big of a deal in New York as they are here, I mean it’s illegal to bring a stallion into the city, that’s telling you something”. Tristan said looking angry at the chicken motions Echo was making as she fluttered around in a circle.

“Yeah, well you’re not in Kansas anymore Dorothy”. Echo said with a grin as she leaned across Freya to grab a scared looking Tristan’s hand.

The sound of a car driving away from the palace brought Harry to the front door, there was the weekly processed and checked letters from the public that Tess liked to sign personally waiting on the step.

Harry caught himself smiling as he thought of his employer, she truly was like Jamie’s counterpart, while Jamie had lost the naivety of youth making him seem straight forward almost frighteningly so, Tess was like a mixture between a kitten and a lioness, soft and gentle with an automatic mothering side to her, but yet her almost feral beauty both inside and out made her fight for what she believed in and those she loved.

Never in the twenty five years that he had worked in the palace as the king’s personal assistant had the house been so friendly and comforting. Charity, the head of the household was like a member of the family, as was he himself. They had been so happy when he and Charity had fallen in love, and their son Evan was free to roam the house playing with Prince Rupert while they worked.

It truly was like a job from heaven.

Sighing he grabbed the bag, frowning as he remembered how Colin the guard usually stopped to chat and catch a glimpse of Tess, a woman he hero worshipped. He must be sick, he reasoned as he grabbed the bag seeing a parcel on top.

The words Freya Walker were written in an elegant font, a box the size of a sheet of paper was lingering on the top of the pile, sighing he handed the box to one of the maids to drop up in the room while he went back to his paper work.

It was only later he realised no one knew Freya was in the palace, by then it was too late.

There was a giant grey ball of fur in front of Freya in the luxury stables; hilariously the creature almost looked like he was grinning.

“What is that”? Luis said slowly looking at a grinning Sebastian who rubbed the back of the horse’s ear.

“This is Sam; I’ve had him since I was seven”. They watched as Sebastian took out a pack of polo mints out of his pocket, at the sight of them Sam instantly whickered and swished his tail.

They all watched as Sebastian raised one arm to the ceiling lowering it to the floor as Sam sat down on his hind legs. Laughing they all clapped, making Sam look almost as smug as his master.

Echo didn’t look impressed, like a person who has seen it all before, she was looking at her fingernails when Amelia came out of the tack room carrying a saddle in her hands.

Amelia was everything Freya expected in a girl Seb was interested, and then some. She was beautiful with an olive complexion which hinted at her father’s Mediterranean heritage, she had her famous mothers beautiful bone structure, with slanting low cheekbones like a cat, and gorgeous golden brown eyes the shape of whole almonds.

She was also completely uninterested in Sebastian.

Like completely uninterested, like he was a specky nerd with an inhaler almost permanently attached to his person, the complete opposite to the smouldering athletic beauty he was with eyes that could peel knicker elastic on their own.

“Thanks a million”. Freya said to her, getting the satisfaction of a small smile. Freya heard Sebastian make a pissed off noise when it was obvious that he wasn’t going to get one.

“I’ve hitched up the horse Tess has given to you”. Amelia said, her voice low and her Irish accent lilting and slightly comforting.

Freya looked shocked about this information, shock soon turned to adoration when Amelia led a white horse out of the stable, and she was beautiful and elegant. Reminding Freya of the old Irish folk tales her ‘mother’ used to tell her at bedtime, about the Beautiful Niamh who took Oisin the warrior to Tir Na Nog- the land of immorality on her magical white horse.

“Has she got a name?” Freya asked as she rubbed the horse’s nose, feeling a sense of trust coming from the animal already, it was obvious that Amelia knew what she was doing with her animals.

“Not yet, we’ve just been calling her beauty for obvious reasons, she’s pretty young so the naming can be left up to you”. Amelia said rubbing the animal close by Freya.

There was only one name that seemed to fit the magnificent animal. “I want to call her Embarr”. She said with a small smile, seeing the knowing look in Amelia’s face.

“I see you’re well read when it comes to Irish folklore”. Amelia said with a touch of respect in her eyes.

I like this girl, Freya realised. She was beautiful, almost jaw droppingly so but completely unaware of the fact, like her looks were nearly nothing to her.

“I also like Irish folklore”. Sebastian said with a charming smile, Freya watched in silent laughter as Amelia looked at him like he was a disgusting suspicious stain on the bottom of her shoes.

“I also don’t care”. Amelia said moving away from him like she would get his sexually transmitted diseases by standing close to him.

Freya jumped up on Embarr, feeling her stirring underneath her, before kicking her into a run towards the woods area, a whooping noise told her Sel and Echo were following and a groan informed her that Tristan was too.

She rode the horse like they were made of water, the only time she had ever felt elegant in her life was when she was on horseback, like a gazelle made of water, effortless and unlikely to trip over its own feet.

She rode further into the woods without checking behind her, not noticing Echo pulling Sel aside pretending her horse was lame, leaving her and Tristan to face the woods alone.

Sebastian sighed loudly, he was sick of this game, the ‘I don’t care that you want me, but really I do and think because you might fall in love with me in the process’ game, the one you see in movies with some castrated lead guy.

Well if there were a couple of things he was, castrated and stupid weren’t them.

“So how do you feel about sloping off for a drink”? He called out, arranging his face into the arrogant half smile/piercing eye combo which had never failed him yet.

“With you?” she asked looking at him with her unblinking eyes, which if Sebastian were honest freaked the fuck out of him.

He nodded, choosing not to blink either. “Nauseous just thinking about it”. She said with a small smile.

This was more like it, he thought to himself.

“Don’t be afraid, I mean I know I’m an Adonis amongst humans, but you’ll be fine”. He said beginning to walk towards her.

“I meant, I felt sick about spending any necessary time with you, I would rather stick pins in my eyes. And I can assure you, if you take one more step towards me, you won’t be fine”. She said with a low rumbling laugh that reminded him of a purring cat.

Sebastian would normally have laughed a situation like this off, but then again this had never happened to him before, so he was miles out of his comfort zone.

“Jesus you don’t have to be so harsh”. He said playing the hurt card, which if he was honest he was a little hurt, so acting wasn’t the hard part. He saw the urge to comfort him in her eyes, flicking out like a flame beside an open window seconds later.

“Gotta be cruel to be kind. I’m being kind by telling you I’m not interested, ever so you can just toddle along and not waist your precious time. You forget I know what you’re like; I’ve even walked in on you and one of the stable hands, in the tack room, which by the way is not classy. neither was leaving the poor girl wondering where her underwear was and never calling her back”. She said in a cool confident voice, speaking more than Sebastian had ever heard her say.

Suddenly his eyes caught a glinting in the low light on her hand; he smiled as he recognised it from when he tore it off the hand of a girl he was sleeping with.

It was a chastity ring.

“So you’re one of those ‘wait until marriage people’ then?’ he asked looking smug, he knew no girl in her right mind would turn him down.

She shot him a look which would turn a mere mortal to stone with just one glance. “No, I’m one of those ‘I’ll sleep with the man I love not some dick-wad who won’t remember my name the next morning’. Which pretty much cancels out your entire life plan, so please don’t waste your time, it’s pathetic”.

She walked away then as Sebastian watched, he realised then that she was the only girl who had ever walked away from him.

And by god she wasn’t going to do it again.

Freya was a quarter of a mile into the woods when a loud thwacking noise against the floor of the woods. She stopped when she realised Tristan’s black horse was running alongside Embarr.

The only problem, Tristan wasn’t on it.

Panicking she turned climbed from Embarr running over to where Tristan lay motionless on the ground.

“Tristan?” She called out lowly, watching as he opened his eyes.

“Ow ow ow fucking ow. Did I say ow”? He said slurring slightly; he sat up slowly like his body was stiff.

“Just a couple of times”. Freya said stifling the laughter which was so desperate to come out. The feeling of laughter left her when she noticed the angry looking gash on Tristan’s forehead sluggishly flowing with blood. “Jesus Christ”. She said pulling off her jumper to press it on the open wound, leaving her with only a thin vest for coverage of her lady lumps.

“Where?” Tristan asked turning his head dramatically before groaning “Oh I hate horses”. He moaned looking angrily in the direction of his horse that was now eating grass before farting in Tristan’s direction.

“I think you have concussion”. Freya said looking worried, she started patching up his head looking to see if there was any dirt in it while Tristan gazed at her like a curious newborn.

His eyes moved up along her lightly golden neck, the arch of her rosebud mouth, the slope of the dainty nose, the silver eyes crossed in concentration and worry.

She licked her lips absently as she patted the sensitive spot which would have hurt, if it wasn’t her touching him. He knew that concussion was creeping over him, making everything foggy and disorientated.

He felt her fumble around in his pocket, he tried hard not to find the feel of her hand through his riding breeches erotic, and completely failed, just when he contemplated digging a hole in the ground and rolling over she pulled out his phone scrambling down his contacts until she found the number she was looking for.

“Tristan fell off his horse; I need you to come with the jeep. I don’t care if you were this close to getting with Amelia; get your ass here now”. She shouted down the phone hanging up quickly, ignoring the muffled voice coming down the line.

Tristan sighed, putting one of his open hands under his chin; the dizziness gave a lack of coordination making his head slip. He could swear at that moment in time that there was an almost glowing white light around Freya as she ripped the bottom of her shirt to put a bandage on his head, showing a couple of inches of milky gold waist at the time.

That couple of inches was all Tristan could focus on for a space of time, wondering if she was so perfectly milky all over. He was so focused on imagining her that he didn’t hear her speak to him.

“Tristan, are you ok? You look constipated”. She asked with a small smile, something that really didn’t help with the stirring sensation he felt in his bottom half.

“Yeah, just thinking”. He replied hearing the huskiness in his voice and almost cringing about how obviously he was attracted to her.

She just nodded, so inexperienced with men that she didn’t understand the low unwillingly seductive voice Tristan was speaking in, but that it made a blush raise to her cheek.

He watched the blush make its way across her face slowly, adding colour to the porcelain complexion like peaches and cream.

“You look like an angel”. He said finally, not taking his eyes off her face, any other time he would have winced or cringed because of the cheese factor in his words.

“You must have bumped your head pretty hard”. She said with a small smile.

“Impossible, the only way I would see you any differently would be if I were blind Angel”. He said honestly, sitting up and putting his back against the hard tall tree behind him.

She just smiled, looking awkwardly around for the jeep, tensing due to her inexperienced with such situations.

She only realised that she was still holding his phone when a loud shrill ringing pierced her ears and vibrated so much it almost took her hand clean off. Looking down she felt her heart move towards her stomach when she saw the name come up on the screen.

Who knew one word could make her heart pummel faster than bambi running from the gun welding maniac.

Saskia

“It’s for you”. She said to Tristan handing him his phone, without realising of course it would be for him, it was his phone after all.

She watched as a range of emotions crossed his face while looking at that screen- anger, sadness, betrayal and last but not least pity.

He pressed the answer button sighing heavily, Freya tried not to intrude but it was hard. Instead she stood up from the mossy carpet beneath her, and paced beside him, trying to make it seem that she was listening.

“Listen you have to stop calling me”. She heard him sigh, she tried to focus on the tree in front of her, but it was fruitless, there were low rumblings coming from his section of the wood, all too low to understand, until a loud shout rung through the air. “Saskia you don’t love anyone but yourself”. He said before handing up the phone and throwing it at the tree that was inches away from Freya’s face.

She jumped automatically, watching as Tristan stood up, murder in his eyes replacing any pity there earlier.

Suddenly Freya realised, she was alone. Tristan was humongous in stature and well built, and for some reason she felt a little afraid. She watched as he punched the tree and banged his head hard off it.

She felt a shiver go up her spin and began to shake a little, she wasn’t afraid of Tristan himself per-say, but of the anger resonating within him like a tsunami.

She called out in fear as he punched it again, then she realised. Her fear wasn’t for herself, or her own selfish ideas, but for Tristan and what he would do.

Suddenly he whirled around moving quicker than wind. His eyes were still hard and wild, like a burning flame. Whatever she had said to him, had hit a sensitive spot, a major one.

She noted the expression she herself had worn, during times of loneliness and despair often when she thought of her parents.

He was breathing hard, like a caged animal. Wordlessly, she moved close to him, trying desperately to stop the tremor radiating through her body. Standing in front of him, seeing him watch every movement she made, she placed her arms around him and hugged him.

She knew he was becoming more reasonable when strong warm hands wrapped around her waist, holding her there. She felt his heartbeat through both of their clothes, beating at the same tap tap rhythm of hers.

The crisp lemony tang pierced her nose, like a fresh rose rolled across her face, the feeling of breath against her eyelashes with the minty tinge adding to the lemon.

He was addictive.

“Don’t be scared of me”. He said in a low imploring voice, making the tremor she was holding in break through her holds, little did he know that it wasn’t because of his anger she was shaking. It was the strong flat muscled arms holding her, the electricity of his skin against hers and the low shaking voice coming from the mammoth of a man.

“I’m not afraid”. She said gazing up to meet his eyes.

She didn’t know if it was her that began to lean into his face, or him, but only the fact that when their lips were mere inches apart, the low rumbling of an engine rung throughout the air.

She wanted to ignore it, to see if that plump pout was as soft as it appeared, if he tasted the same as he smelled and was he larger than normal all over.

Before she could blush about thinking such unsavoury thoughts a loud and increasingly irritating noise was piercing her ears.

It was Sebastian’s voice.

“It’s your knight in shining armour bitches”. He announced jumping down from the open door of the jeep. Suddenly Freya realised how she was positioned, her hands in his hair, her body leaning towards her and her lips puckered.

She felt like screaming, screaming so hard that it shattered ear drums. Without saying a word, she jumped into the jeep, trying hard not to slap herself for seeming so obviously up for a kiss when Tristan himself wasn’t interested.

Men.

He could feel her warm hands through his shirt, her sweet smell lingering in all his senses making him dizzy and uncontrollable, the lean body snaked around his. It was all one big temptation.

His mind was confused, while his body was not, what red blooded young male ever turn down the chance to have the closest possible to an angel wrapped around their body- did she really want to kiss him, or was she like him, confused unknowing what to do, he watched as her lips leaned into his he knew she didn’t.

But he didn’t want to mess her up like Saskia, make her so manic that she was close to being institutionalised.

God he was such a girl sometimes.

Luckily, or unluckily if you thought of the undying urge to kiss her, which was consuming him from the inside out- Sebastian rolled up, his infamous pout which came close second to Tristan’s own was swollen.

He felt her detach from him, her eyes embarrassed and her cheeks turning red. He tried hard not to run after her and kiss her until she begged him to stop, but her let her go, knowing it would open the ultimate of Pandora’s box of emotions for them both, something that would be hard to get over.

“Why’s she so moody? Bloody women and their PMS”. Sebastian said scratching his hair, the positioning of his raised arm showed a now bruising yellow hickey.

“I think she was about to kiss me”. Tristan said, trying hard to keep the surprise out of his voice, and failing miserably.

“Yeah well, if she interrupted me during my shag, I can interrupt her during hers”. Sebastian said with a grin.

“So you finally talked Amelia into going out with you then?” Tristan asked, pressing the rag to his head. He was only reminded of the gushing wound when the feel of wetness travelled down his face.

“Nope had to settle on the slutty stable hand. My life is so hard sometimes”. He said with a massive grin hopping into the jeep leaving Tristan to sit in the back with a still red Freya.

Echo wasn’t sure where the ball came out of, or the dog chasing it, but before she could count to five, she was being flung almost head first into the direction of one of those idiotic statue men who stand there all day collecting money, typically as someone who had inherited her father’s hatred for the statue men, she was tempted to put her foot on the accelerator.

But then she realised the prison sentence that would be attached to maiming the statue man, like she wanted so badly to do.

She was far too pretty to go to jail.

Nevertheless she swung the car around so it swerved, the Italian tyres screeching as the Maserati froze showing her why the car was nearly a million pounds.

Getting out she slammed the door, storming up angrily to the mask wearing idiot who was looking at her like she was the hulk Hogan.

“You could have fucking hit me”. He yelled out in a broad Australian accent, pulling off his silver mask.

Not too bad, Echo thought admiring the strong jaw line, intense blue eyes and golden skin, blissfully setting off the golden hair shades darker than Freya’s.

“You were on the road, I should have hit you!” she screamed back, checking out the paintwork on her baby, only relaxing when she realised it was all in perfect condition on the body, her tyres were a different matter.

“I was on the pavement actually. Second of all is that a Maserati? Third of all, you my dear are a menace to society, I should take that car off your for reckless driving”. He yelled back, pulling off the top hat perched on his head.

She screamed in frustration, something only Sebastian was on the receiving end of most of the time. “What are you? The mime police, you go near my car, you can taste my shoe once it’s rammed up your arsehole”. She said noticing the way he was appreciating the way she looked like she had been doing to him seconds earlier.

“The question is Princess, who do you think you are? That probably isn’t even your car; it’s been bought with daddy’s money”. The statue guy yelled back making Echo stamp her foot, a trick she learned off her father, realising then that there was a crowd gathering around them, no doubt videos of the princess fighting with a street ‘performer’ would be all over the internet tomorrow.

“I know who I am dickwad, I’m Echo”. She shouted, unable to think of anything witty to say.

“Oh yeah that’s right, very grown up. First of all nearly run me over and then if that wasn’t bad enough come up with a ridiculous false name to make yourself seem cool. Very sophisticated”. He was gathering up his bags to leave now, his top hat in hand along with his takings for the day.

There were three things in this earth that you could do to Echo to be on the receiving end of her wrath, hurt Sebastian or someone else she loved, make fun of the fact that she can’t pronounce the word squirrel properly and thirdly, make fun of her name.

Before she knew it, her hand was ready to slap him, raised high ready to perch down against his face and knock him into next week.

Unfortunately that was what statue guy expected her to do, so her upraised arm was soon encased in a strong tight hold.

“Whoa there princess, wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself”. He said, his face inches from hers. Suddenly the anger she felt mere seconds earlier no longer were coursing through her veins, no instead was a burning deep inside that she had never felt.

It seemed statue guy felt the same way. She felt his lips hard against hers, like they would eat off her entire face, the hunger deep inside him matching her own. His stubbornness matching hers completely making it one of the angriest, clumsiest but also the most passionate kiss of all times.

It was only the cheering around her that reminded her that she was kissing her father’s enemy, and a complete stranger. Pulling away she saw her chance and she took it, hearing the resound noise of the slap connecting against his face.

She was going to have the last word, or there would be hell to pay.

“I’ll see you around, Oh and get a proper job”. She said with a cheery grin hopping in her car leaving him standing there with his fingers touching her lips.

Echo knew two things, one that she hated that guy and two that she had never been so attracted to someone like she was with him.

The sound of a loud buzzing noise filled her ears telling her she had done what she wanted to do, slump her head on the steering wheel.

Why was she so weird?

Freya didn’t know why the package was sent to the palace in the first place, the only people that knew she was at the palace were very few staff and family, even then none knew her ‘adopted’ second name.

Her first response was to yell at Luis for telling people, but it was only when she looked at the date beside the stamp she realised it was sent a week before Luis knew.

She shook it twice, hearing something roll around in the middle, before taking the leap and opening it. Inside the box sat a crown, not a normal crown of the jewellery variety; this crown was made of thorns threaded with the deepest red roses that she had ever seen.

With wide eyes she clutched the crown out of the box reading the note attached.

Princess,

Every rose has it’s thorns, how long I wonder until you find yours.

I’ll be watching.

X

She was sitting on her bed frowning as she tried to make sense of the encoded message when she finally felt the wet on her hands, looking down at the crown in her open palm, the dripping liquid dying the dark cream carpet below her a faint red.

She felt a scream bubble up in her throat when she realised, the petals of the flowers weren’t red as she initially thought, but white only tinged with red because of the substance coated on it.

The substance was blood.

sorry you guys it's so late, I would add more of an authors note, but I'm in a real rush, so basically this chapter is dedicated to ayuuyah223 for getting the song right :D

you all rock and if i wasn't in such a hurry I would say more, except don't forget to vote and comment :D

roiskate out :D

i

i

sop

Continue Reading