Chapter 3.

You are the hole in my head

I am the pain in your neck
You are the lump in my throat
I am the aching in your heart
We are tangled
We are stolen
We are living where things are hidden

“You mean he invited you to their party?” Luis asked disbelievingly, only voicing what Freya felt like. She was standing in her room looking around for something anything to wear to the damned party.

“Yes Luis, the words ‘I’m having a party want to come’ actually crossed his lips. but now I’m stuck, i have no idea what im going to do, i don’t own anything that hasn’t seen a year of better days and my glasses make me look like an eighties reject. Why are you three thousand miles away when this happens”? She moaned close to tears.

“Ok breathe, find a paper bag and blow into it or something. Second off all you can call me your fairy god mother because i got you all hooked up with contacts before i left they're under your bed and third of all, steal something from Meredith’s room, that saggy old cow shouldn’t be wearing half the stuff anyway, would you believe one day i almost saw her Noo-Noo and if that wasn’t enough to put me off women for life i don’t know what was”. The word Noo-Noo gave Freya a funny turn, laughing so much she burst the bag, making her feel noticeably better.

“But what about make up? you remember the eyeliner mistake”. She said worriedly hoping that Luis wouldn’t bring up the details.

“Where you had to wear and eye patch for three weeks and Marie made up a rumour that a randy horse squirted his happy juice into your eye. Yeah i think i just about remember that alright”. He said sarcastically.

“Oh thank you Luis for reminding me why i shouldn’t go”. She said equally sarcastically hearing a sigh at the other end of the line.

“Fine Freya you do that, and stay invisible for the rest of your life, darling you have to do something before you blow up like that guy who drank petrol”. He said in a rush.

“So what you’re saying Luis, and correct me if I’m wrong here, if i don’t go to this party I’m going to blow up like that ‘guy who drank petrol’?” she asked in an amused tone.

“Whatever bitch, as for make-up, just use a little powder and put lotion on the eye liner to make it soften ooohhh and wear that red dress that Meredith’s ass is too fat for”. He said hurriedly, Freya heard voices down the line calling him.

“Can i just say now how happy i am that you’re gay”? She gushed feeling emotional.

“Oh sweetie after just seeing my new dance instructor so am i”. He said gently before hanging up, getting in the last word was something Luis prided himself on.

Freya looked in the mirror; her hair was long and shaggy, the naturally golden curls falling past her elbows, her silver eyes looking back at her the sceptical expression on her face evident even to her. Walking over to her bed and looking underneath it. True to his word, there was a small box waiting for her with a note attached ‘i always knew this day would come, yay L x’ opening them with a wry grin she set down all the things she needed on the bed. The confiscated red dress along with a pair of nude heels a size too big from Meredith’s wardrobe. She set to work on trying to decimate the ‘invisible’ Freya.

The party was bustling, the doors already spilling in and out with people leaving to go to the toilet, smoke, hook up you name it they were doing it. Freya pulled the small straps on the dress up so her nearly nonexistent cleavage wouldn’t be in everyone’s face, but judging by the outfit one girl she passed, that was what was cool here. She felt uncomfortable already pulling at the sides trying to make it less skin tight or cover up her thighs. Stumbling slightly in her heels she took the leap and started to walk up the steps to the front door. Her head felt funny already without the huge weight of her hair on her neck; instead it had been pulled into a sleek ponytail helped by Meredith’s blow-dryer.