Do You Remember Me? (Ichiruki...

By bleachftw

When Rukia goes back to Karakura town in order to find Ichigo, she succeeds. Only the fact is his memory of h... More

Reminder!
Chapter 1: Empty Sky
Chapter 2: His Son
Chapter 4: Memories in the Rain

Chapter 3: A Single Father

911 31 28
By bleachftw

Ichigo Kurosaki

...I wonder what's taking everyone so long...?

He did ask his wife to grab their son from his room for dinner but maybe the two of them headed off to bed early. Rukia seemed like she needed some time alone, so he'd leave it at that. Ichigo sighed and picked up his spoon, eating his dinner that he had made by himself. He was sitting at the dinner table in utter silence, not hearing anything from upstairs or outside, just the slight buzzing from the lights above his head. He tapped his metal spoon on the side of his bowl slowly as to break the silence and lonely feeling he had felt. There was this ache in his heart again. When Rukia introduced herself it set something off, like a switch in his mind that was left alone until she came along and flicked it on. Could it be that because she sounded so desperate that Ichigo became convinced he knew her as well?

He tapped his foot anxiously. God he hated this feeling. Ichigo sighed and continued to wait alone at the table with a small scowl upon his face.

"...Rukia...Kuchiki"

Rukia Kuchiki

The child stared at her with such an joyful smile that it warped into an eerie expression, one that was too sweet and happy for anyone's taste and dripping in honey and syrup. Kotori took a step forward, instinctively making Rukia feel threatened. Her hand went to her waist, just then realizing she was unarmed and without her zanpokutou.

"Crap..."

She mumbled to herself, averting her eyes to the ground. Kotori giggled, spinning around on his tippy-toes. 

"You b*tch. Were you trying to use Sode no Shirayuki on me~"

Rukia gasped, her violet eyes growing as she backed up in concern. How did he know her zanpokutou? And did he just call her a-Her voice became cold as ice as she hissed out at the boy.

"Who are you?"

Kotori cocked his head to the side, grinning from ear to ear, inching closer and closer to Rukia.

"Hm? Why I'm just a little boy~"

But his voice wasn't like a child's. It was dark and terrifying, spreading through her veins like poison. Kotori straightened his back and let out an exasperated sigh, only a few inches away from Rukia.

"Precisely the worthy son of Ichigo and Orihime Kurosaki."

His smirk grew and curled up his pale skin, attaching itself like a distorted vine.

"Doesn't that make you jealous, Rukia? I mean you were suppose to be with him and Orihime was suppose to be with Uryu but times have changed."

She sucked in her breath too quickly, in shock of Kotori's last words.

Me...and Ichigo?

Rukia shook her head rapidly, pacing her breath again. A small frown appeared on her face as she too straightened up.

"No. It does not."

She lied.

"However, I cannot tolerate anyone who uses their powers to change the future for their own needs."

Kotori stared at her with a raised eyebrow but Rukia could see through his tricks. She cracked a smile, knowing she had a chance of winning.

"You did all of this just so you could be born, am I wrong? You've erased everyone's memories, playing them like a chess piece that you could control. You, a naive and clueless child, wanted to create his own fantasy where he could live with a family he created and live in a world where everything is perfect in your own eyes."

Kotori's face turned red, his teeth clenched and grinding together. He grabbed Rukia's collar, his fist shaking in anger and his hazel eyes set ablaze in fury. Rukia gulped back her beating heart that felt like it would jump out of her throat.

"Listen to me you filthy piece of garbage!"

He yelled out, gripping tighter and tighter onto her clothes. Rukia grabbed his hands and tried to pry him off but this kid's strength was incredible. Kotori cackled, veins popping out of his neck and precipitation slipping down his forehead.

"I've been through this too many times! Every f*cking time, no matter what I do, you would re-set time again! You, Rukia Kuchiki, have made me lose my mind for a countless amount of years! But not anymore! NOT ANYMORE!"

Rukia's face softened as her brain began to spin in thought.

Countless...that means he has tried to change the future multiple times. And I stopped each one.

Rukia gave a confident glare at Kotori, the child's face contorted and full of malicious intent.

"...but through all the times I've tried to stop you, Rukia Kuchiki, I've never once tried to kill you here."

He grabbed a knife from his pajama pocket and plunged it toward Rukia's chest. Rukia saw this attack coming and kicked Kotori in the stomach. The child screamed as he toppled back, breaking the walls during the impact. Rukia panted, standing up and above the child. Kotori coughed and glared at Rukia, clenching the blood soaked knife in his hand. She stared at it in horror and realization as Kotori grinned.

"I never liked her anyways.."

"Orihime."

Rukia whispered out in angst, throwing a punch at Kotori, only to be stabbed in the shoulder by the child. He grinned devilishly, attacking Rukia again with quick swipe. This time the knife cut her cheek and Rukia jumped back in anger. Though she was larger than him, Rukia knew he had a larger reiatsu than she and cautiously backed up causing Kotori to giggle. He flipped his small knife in the air with prideful smile. He menacingly approached the black haired girl, his hazel eyes glowing with anticipation and insanity.

"Any last words, Rukia Kuchiki?"

Rukia looked at him, grabbing the lamp post beside her.

"How about...Bite me."

She the swung the object full force towards Kotori, causing a scream to escape his lips as he collapsed onto the floor. Blood dripped from his mouth as Rukia used this time to attempt another hit. But suddenly, Kotori whispered a phrase through his stained teeth.

"Disappear, Taimu oji." 

Rukia's purple eyes widened as a brilliant light emanated from the weapon. The lamp post was soon sucked away into the knife, which had now transformed into a larger sword, half black and half white. A part of Rukia hesitated to move as she realized his zanpokutou resembled Ichigo's. Kotori panted heavily, stretching his arms out with a sigh.

"Didn't think you would make use my shikai, Rukia Kuchiki. I'm impressed. But now it's time for you to disappear from my life. FROM ME AND MY FATHER'S F*CKING LIFE-"

Another blast of light came from the sword, energy and heat surrounding the attack as Kotori's laughter burned Rukia's ears.  

Ichigo Kurosaki

He stood up from his seat as he heard a loud crash from the staircase.

"Kotori? Is that-"

Ichigo was shocked to see the small girl, gasping and blood seeping through her clothes. Her exhausted purple eyes looked up at Ichigo, mouthing words he couldn't read. Before she could collapse to the ground, he caught her in his arms instantly. 

"Rukia! Hey! Stay with me!"

"I-Ichigo..."

She looked at him with anxious, violet eyes. Ichigo pressed his ear against her lips, not being able hear her whispers.

"Kotori...he..."

Just then a bright flash of orange engulfed the room as Ichigo turned his body to see his son standing above the two with a wide smile.

"Oji san. Don't worry. Everything will be all right." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Added a small Ichiruki moment to make up for the whole chaos XD Sorry for being late again with these updates...but i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't worry! Next chapter will be filled with Ichiruki fluff! <3 See ya later, bleachers~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
59.2K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
917K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
89.5K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...