Sincerely, Temptation

ellieheirloom tarafından

Avery Mercy is all alone. A dark curse plagues her at every turn, suffocating her attempts to be normal. The... Daha Fazla

Sincerely Temptation
Can't Be Tamed
Weak-Willed and Beastly
Lies! Or Maybe Truth?
An Incantation of Evil
Insanity
Your Resistless Allure
Shards Of Our Past
Meant To Die
Men Are All The Same
Vessel Of Curses
Deer In The Headlights

Cold, Hard Truth

305 16 2
ellieheirloom tarafından

I love entertaining people and if you're enjoying my story, thank you. If not, thank you for giving me a chance regardless.

☆Update! 10-26-13★

Enjoy the revised version! :)

_______________________________________

Fuck what they say.

At least that's what they tell me.

But, in all truth, that phrase really means nothing.

Sometimes it does matter.

It's the cold, hard truth.

Or it comes from someone who does matter.

And, as far as you care, it's what you are.

There's some people that despise their existence. They wish they were never born.

But I, on the other hand, focus on where my shitty existence will lead me.

I'm a monster in a mortal world, I don't belong.

And Heaven is a mortal's gamble.

The irony of it all is that all I'd done with my life before this curse was work to please God. It all stopped when I realized God had abandoned me. I suppose I brought it on myself. How?

I sold my soul to the Devil.

And I was rewarded with Hell.

The true story is that I believed, at the time, that Satan already owns us. So what's the harm?

But I made a mistake.

The other truth is that I actually did it for something else. I did it for love.

The one that got away. Or so it seems.

The one that made me feel special. The one that left me yearning to feel it again.

But, oh no, it wasn't a love story. It wasn't even sad. But dissapointing. It left me questioning everything.

Will I ever see him again?

Am I special, or even relevent?

My mind told me that there is a way to be special.

I damned myself without intention, and it won't matter how I live my life.

I seperated myself from reality and from everything I ever knew. Including my sanity.

I alone did this to myself. But that doesn't mean it didn't take a little bit of help.

That's why I lost everybody. I have stayed away from my best friends. Because I was afraid. Sure, they don't know what I am. But that's exactly why I didn't just abandon them altogether. Because they didn't know. And I was safe.

But this wolf is unpredictable and unreliable. And it doesn't care about any of that, obviously.

So my friends don't know I'm a monster, but I guess that's about to change. I guess I can't have anything.

But I'm determined on keeping this a secret. I'm just not ready.

Sometimes you have to do things, whether that means hurting a loved one or just scaring the shit out of them.

I can't afford to lose her. I'm not strong enough.

So when I leap, I leap to save myself. Without hurting her. I leap with all my might.

With the door wide open, I shoot right in. I land on the plush carpet. The quiet talking from the televisions creeps through the silence, while the sweet scent of cinnamon hangs in the air.

I take a deep breath, summoning up my words and my courage and tread slowly past the plasma screen TV. The silence is eery, void of any life.

I stop at the beginning of the hall. The hallway is narrow for a wolf of my size, but that's the least of my concerns. A small rabbit scurries past, causing me to jump. My wolf instincts beg me to give chase, but I push them down, focusing on the doors ahead.

I must stay as calm and collected as possible, for any other emotions will interfere and could spell death for anyone close enough. That is exactly why I stayed away until now. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep them safe.

Now as I tread down the hallway I pray that it won't occure to anybody to, say, throw something at me or try to stab me with a silver fork.

Once I reach the end of the hallway I stop at her door, closing my eyes. Envisioning the look of pure terror. The screams of horror at the hideous monster. That's all I am. A monster.

I take a deep breath, focusing myself and peering around the dark hallway. I tread to the bathroom, ignoring the hissing of a cat. It releases a threatening meow, and I snarl at it, causing it to mew and shrink away.

My shoulder hits the door frame as I reach in and grab the cat dish. I hold it firmly, turning back to the door. The dish sticks out of my mouth and I twist my head so that it is inches away from the first door.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

A small gasp sounds from the other side.

"Wh-who is it?" A voice stammers through the door.

Tap-tap.

I wait there, bowl still in my jaws. Then there's a rustling. Very light footfall.

Dropping the dish, I fall into a prepared stance.

The ever so light thumping echoes in my ears. Like a ticking clock muffled by a piece of cloth.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My claws sink into the floor in anticipation, and my large tongue lolls out, tasting the air. The muffled thumping becomes nearer and nearer.

The knob rattles ever so slightly. Then starts to turn. Slowly. Ever so slowly. The thumping becomes deafening, and I know how near it is. The wild heart beating rapidly in an effort to keep up with it's owner's need for supplements.

At this point the heavy thud of my own heart accompanies that of the feeble creature on the other side of the thin wood.

Click.

Quick as lightning, I push myself against the door, throwing it open.

There's a short yelp of surprise followed by a thump.

I erect myself at the doorway, gazing steadily at the small girl a few feet in front of me.

Just as I had anticipated, her face is strongly defined by horror. She scrambles to get a foothold, fights to find words.

I can see the run of thoughts in her eyes. I can sense her going through her options. She doesn't know if this is real, or just a terrible nightmare. She's frozen in place, already counting herself among the ranks of those long passed into the other realm.

Hayden.

Her eyes widen even more. "H-how do you know my name?" Her wild eyes are glued on me, only darting away momentarily when looking for an escape route. Tears stream down her pale cheeks.

You're going to keep this entire encounter to yourself.

She gulps. I keep my gaze glued on her, head held high despite the small door frame.

Do you understand?

After a moment's silence, she nods feverantly. I blink without emotion and turn to leave. As I'm turning myself, I pause and look back at her.

For the record, I'm not going to hurt you.

I attempt to reassure her. Her look of fear remains the same.

Unless I decide you can't keep your mouth shut.

I make a tight turnaround then push myself back through the hallway, feeling the carpet rip under my claws. I shoot out the front door, and instantly feel exposed by the daylight. My dark fur is a sharp contrast to the rose fingertips of dawn.

I sprint down the road and towards my house. Hopefully my best friend did not just have a stroke.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...
50.4K 2.4K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...
199K 5.3K 28
Alpha of Mine - Preview ********** Sophie introduced Trevor to my mate and I watched Denver interact with them before excusing herself to the kitchen...
1.6K 21 4
Little known fact about being a werewolf: There are always wolves at your door and some of them are up to no good. Chloe Weiss' dreams have finally c...