Opposites Attract

By loriku

[Highest ranked #1 in Amourshipping] "Everyone have their own love story, they just need a little push to get... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ★彡
Chapter 2 ★彡
Chapter 4 ★彡
Chapter 5 ★彡
Chapter 6 ★彡
Chapter 7 ★彡
Chapter 8 ★彡
Chapter 9 ★彡
Chapter 10 ★彡
Chapter 11 ★彡
Chapter 12 ★彡
Chapter 13 ★彡
Chapter 14 ★彡
Chapter 15 ★彡
Chapter 16 ★彡
Chapter 17 ★彡
Chapter 18 ★彡
Chapter 19 ★彡
Chapter 20 ★彡
Chapter 21 ★彡
Chapter 22 ★彡
Chapter 23 ★彡
Chapter 24 ★彡
Chapter 25 ★彡
Epilogue
... what's next?

Chapter 3 ★彡

16.4K 464 946
By loriku

Serena and Ash sat across from each other at the experiment table.

Ash kept a grin plastered on his face, his eyes locked on the honey haired girl while Serena looked everywhere but back at him. She tapped her finger on the table in the same beats as her heart, ignoring the death glares from the Ash-lovers, which was basically 99% of the girls in the room.

"Hey, otaku-chan," Ash started.

"That's Serena Yvonne to you," she cut him off. The raven haired boy just shrugged in response.

"Are you scared of me or something?" Ash said innocently. His eyes looked from one side of the table to the other, where she was sitting.

There was a huge gap between the two.

"No." Serena simply replied. Ash raised an eyebrow. Mocking his actions, she just shrugged in response. The jet-hair boy's eyes glinted with amusement. Serena frowned at his action.

From what she could tell, this boy was dangerous.

She would consider herself rather good at reading human expressions and analyzing their thoughts, but she have no idea what he's thinking. If it wasn't for that mischievous smile of his back in the cafeteria, she would still be fooled like the rest.

The raven boy's heart warming smile was very attractive, that she'll admit. But now that she have taken a closer look at it, it seemed kinda...empty.

Or it might just be her imagination.

They waited as the dead frog was delivered to the middle of the table. Its slimy green body lied lifeless on the metal tray, the dissecting tools were beside it. Serena forced her eyes on the awful scene. She shivered.

"Okay you all," Mr. Sycamore waved his hand carelessly and sat on the table. He took out another cigarette. "Get started, if you have any questions, don't ask me."

The class all sweat dropped.

"Oh snap I'm getting excited!" Ash rubbed his hands together in anticipation as he grabbed one of the tools by the table. Serena on the other hand, was yearning for this to be over soon. She didn't want to ruin a dead frog that's already... dead.

"Serena!" Dawn's bubbly call reached the honey girl's ears. She spun around only to see Gary and Dawn clipping onto one of the organs. They seemed to be getting along. The organ dangled down and slightly swung.

Serena shivered once more.

"This is actually pretty fun," Dawn exclaimed with a smile as she and Gary grinned at each other. Serena simply nodded, smiled slightly. Dawn never really seemed to like boys, but this one might be not so bad.

She finally found something to tease her about.

Smiling in delight, she shifted her attention back to the raven haired boy.

Ash looked like 120% of his concentration was on the lifeless animal. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he focused his vision on the frog. Clinching onto one of the tools, he carefully aimed for one of the frog's hands. Serena watched the raven haired boy in slight enjoyment. She never knew that he would be so serious in an experiment like this.

Just as Ash was about to clip on to the frog hands, the amphibian slipped from the grasp and dropped back onto the experiment tray, landing with a sticky plop. The honey haired girl watched as he grew frustrated and pushed the clipping tool back on the table, his face expressing a sulky pout.

After a few other tries, the jet haired boy's patience ran out and he stabbed the dead frog. Serena gasped in horror as organs and blood splattered in all directions, and the amphibian slowly deflated. Even though it was dead, she couldn't bare watching.

"IDIOT!" She scolded, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"ASH KETCHUM!" A fearful holler echoed through the science room, causing everyone to freeze in their tracks. Serena gulped. Everyone stared as Mr. Sycamore stomped towards the pair, his face red as a tomato.

"WHY DID YOU JUST STAB THAT FROG?" He yelled in anger, "I'LL HAVE TO CLEAN IT UP LATER!"

Serena sweat dropped. That was what he was angry about?

She looked over to Ash, who had his bangs covering his eyes. It looked it he was going to be in big trouble. She wondered how he was going to get away with it. A second passed. Two. Ash just looked up with a sheepish smile and ruffled his hair.

"Ah sorry 'bout that, my hand slipped and this happened, accidents happen!" He explained with a laid-back expression. Seeing his laid-back attitude, the class broke into laughter and random words of agreement. Mr. Sycamore sighed in defeat.

"Alright then, don't be so careless," he waved him off. Ash beamed and bobbed his head up and down. The honey haired student looked in awe. Even though he was suppose to get into a big trouble, his laid-back personality helped him get away with even that. It's actually impressive in a way.

Ash muttered some random things before fixing his attention back to the frog. She raised an eyebrow. Even after all that, he still haven't given up on dissecting it? (Although the poor thing is already mushed enough) She just can't grasp on to his thoughts. He's a strange one.

Without thinking, Serena giggled.

His concentration broke as Ash spun his head towards her, his silky hair swayed in the same direction. His eyes were wide open, and his mouth was slightly agape. He had a shocked expression on his face, like a little kid when his friends pulled a surprise birthday party. It looked nothing like his usual fake smile, or his smug grin. It was far too innocent. Serena was taken away by his expression.

Only for a moment though.

"What?" She cleared her throat, regaining her usual steady composure. The shocked expression on Ash's face disappeared immediately, replaced by his usual smirk.

"Whatcha laughing at?" He smiled, his eyes locked on her sapphire blue ones.

Serena shook her head. "You were doing it wrong."

The heartthrob shrugged and his eyes glinted mysteriously. Suddenly, he shifted his body forward just past Serena, his hot breath against her neck. The honey haired girl blushed. Slowly, he whispered in her ears.

"Then why don't you teach me, Otaku-sensei?"

Before Serena could react, she was cut off by the whole class screaming and squealing in excitement, although some were screams of sorrow from the girls. Because of Ash, she didn't realize that everyone was staring at them the whole time. Serena quickly scanned around the room, and her eyes landed on a certain blue haired girl, who was leading the crowd.

She should of known.

The honey blond student knew that Dawn was going to make a move on her matchmaking plan soon, but she didn't expect it to be this fast.

"ASH KETCHUM, SERENA YVONNE."

Serena flinched as she heard Mr. Sycamore approach them from the behind once more. He glared at the two of them, and smacked his hand on the table.

"This is biology class, not love quarrelling class. DETENTION, BOTH OF YOU."

The honey haired girl just stood there, gaping at the teacher. The class broke into murmurs once more, all surprised by the decision. Her? Serena Yvonne. Top student in Pokémon Academy. Detention?

She looked at Ash, who didn't seem to mind that at all. He strode towards the door, and grinned sheepishly at the class once more before exiting, causing some of them to chuckle. Unlike him, she can't just brush off the fact that she, the top student just got detention.

Slowly, she made her way towards the exit, hearing mutters along the way.

"Serena-chan doesn't deserve this! She should of just gotten a warning."

"But she's an otaku, right?"

"What does that even have to do with it?"

"It was an accident!"

"It must have been hard."

"No way. She's been acting like miss perfect since forever, and now she's gonna steal Ash from us? I say that she deserve all of this."

The last comment made Serena stop. She stayed quiet and took a deep breath. Ignoring the rest of the comments, the honey haired girl exited the classroom.

And slammed the door shut.

➖➖➖ ⊂((・x・))⊃ ➖➖➖

Dragging her feet in to the empty detention room, Serena let out a sigh.

There was a long desk in the middle of the room. One side was occupied by none other than the heartthrob, Ash Ketchum. With no other choice left, she sat at the other side of the table, and tried to stay as faraway from him as possible. The whole reason she was in this mess in the first place was because of him.

Serena half heartedly filled in her apology letter and slid it in the teacher's mailbox. She rested her chin on her hand and looked out the window. Now all she have to do was wait one hour.

One hour in the detention room.

Alone with Ash Ketchum.

She sighed again.

Half of the detention time was spent in silence. Serena played with her pencil and wrote random stuff on a sheet of paper while Ash just stared at the ceiling.

After awhile, Ash leaned back on his chair, his hands rested behind his head. Lazily, he turned his head towards Serena's direction.

"Otaku-chan, you been quiet for awhile now, it's kinda creepy."

"Shut up," Serena said, "no one plans a murder out loud."

"No kidding," Ash laughed, now his whole body facing Serena. He looked at her in amusement, causing Serena to raise an eyebrow.

"What now?"

"Nothin. I'm just surprised that you don't look that fazed after someone said a comment like that."

Serena stopped writing.

"You heard?"

"Yeah."

She bit her lips. She didn't want anyone to know about it, especially this person. It brought back unpleasant memories. And plus, being with Ash will only cause her trouble, as far as she could tell. She tucked a strand of honey blond hair behind her ear.

"I don't really mind those comments."

"Hmm I see," Ash raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "What did they mean by 'since forever'?"

Serena looked away casually. "You don't need to know."

"Ohoho playing mystery class aren't you?" Ash said, smirking slightly. The honey haired girl just shrugged in response.

Suddenly, Ash abruptly stood up from his seat, causing Serena to look at him in alert. Without a single word, he walked towards her. Serena tightened her grip on the pencil nervously. After all that happened, she have no idea what he's going to do next.

"There's a chance you might show me what I'm looking for." He said sternly. Serena could see the seriousness in his eyes, it made the atmosphere tense. But that tenseness disappeared in a flash when Ash placed a hand on her head and ruffled it really hard, messing up her hair.

"So that being said," he leaned forward, so their face was merely inches away. Serena clung on to her composure, and stared right into his eyes, embracing herself for whatever he was going to say next. She wasn't going to give in now. The grip was so tight that the pencil was slowly cracking.

"Go out with me, will ya?"

Boom. Dead silence.

The only sound audible was the ticking of the clock and sound of Serena's pencil snapping in half. She blinked twice.

"Huh?"

➖➖➖(^ω^)➖➖➖

WUT SUDDEN PLOT TWISTTTT

I surprised you didn't I xD

Btw, thanks for 1k reads!

This chapter was soooo long
it's 1937 words!!

Voting and commenting would
be very much appreciated~c:

- Lori〜(ゝ。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
38.6K 1.4K 6
Adrien Agreste is different. He was born with a curse. He could kill and destroy anything he touched. Ignored and misunderstood by his father, he bel...
57.5K 653 12
After winning the title of Kalos Queen, Serena & her friends head on over to the Alola region in search of Ash What would happen if Ash & Serena we'r...
3.6K 72 3
Damian like Anya , he realised it and khow he is planning on confessing his love , at least before graduation