The Criminal Calls Me Cupcake...

By Dream1234ever

Watty Finalist: Mystery/Thriller, On the Rise I see him vividly in my head. Him. The guy who calls himself A... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 9

60.5K 2.2K 414
By Dream1234ever

Ok, I just want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who's been reading this story and supporting me by voting and commenting. You people helped me make it onto the What's Hot list!!! Humor: #364, Romance: #527 ^_^

----------------

Chapter 9

"Hey, Honey?" my aunt called out from the kitchen while I was strewn on the couch flipping through the channels on the TV. "I just got off the phone with my boss. He's calling me in to the station again." She appeared in the living room with a phone grasped in her hands. Aunt Lisa was a cop—and a pretty good one at that—so this kind of stuff happened often.

            "What? This late?" I replied, my eyes shifting from the TV to her.

            "Yeah, apparently it's so urgent that it couldn't wait until morning." She rolled her eyes. "You'll be alright her alone, won't you?"

            I gave her a small smile. "Don't worry about me, Aunt Lisa. I got JT next door if I ever need anything."

            She laughed. "I guess you're right." Her eyes swiveled to the TV. "I also wanted to talk to you about that," she pointed to the television screen.

             I swiveled my head around, just in time to see that I had flipped to the news channel. "Police are still trying to track down this hooded criminal—" the news-lady was saying. I immediately pressed the power button on the remote, switching the TV off.

            "Hah, news, get's old, you know?" I stretched my lips into a nervous smile.

            My aunt raised an eyebrow at me. "Well, this "A" character is dangerous, honey, so I want you to stay inside the house as much as possible while I'm gone."

            My mouth formed an oval shape. "But—"

            "I'm not telling you to be socially deprived. I just want you to be careful. No going out alone, lock the doors, you know the drill."

            "I'll be safe, Aunt Lisa, I promise" I said, giving her a small smile. I hope.

--------------------------------

            "So she just left? Just like that?" Angela asked.

            "Yup, she got called in to the station," I commented, rolling my eyes playfully. It was currently almost 10pm and Angela and I were video chatting. My aunt had left about an hour ago, and the night had started to reflect shadows in my room, freaking me out a bit, so I needed someone's company.

            "Why don't you just stay at JT's house?"

            "I would, but I called him earlier and it sounded like he was busy." I shrugged. "I can survive a night here alone."

            "Oh, did he?" she gave a nervous laugh.

            "Yeah, and speaking of JT, was that you and him at the party?"

Her eyes widened. "What? Of course not! I was..um… You know, I should probably get to bed now—" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Don't go." I glared at her. "Why would you keep something like this from me?

She sighed. "I was afraid of what you would think. And besides, it's not really anything serious right now. We were pretty much just fooling around."

I grinned and wiggled my eyebrows. "But it might turn into something serious? Do you like him?"

Angela opened her mouth to respond, but then froze, moving toward the screen of her computer squinting. "Vi, it really looks like there's a person in your room."

"Wha--?" But then her words registered in my brain and I froze. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat. A person in my room?

Nearly trembling, I drifted my gaze toward the screen of my laptop where I could see my own image. Behind me was the clear shadow of a figure. Oh. My. God. There was someone in my room and I was going to die. He was probably a rapist, or a thief, or a murderer.

Immediately my thoughts went to A. It could be him. My heartbeat quickened considerably at the possibility. He did say he was coming back, and he sounded pretty angry at the time. So then it was official. He came back to take my necklace and then kill me. Great.

Angela's voice made me jump in my seat. "Relax, Vi. I'm sure there's no one in your room."

I glared at her, still shaking.

"I don't see anything anymore. Is your window open? It was probably just a shadow from something outside."

Yeah, something, or someone. I glanced at my image on the screen. Sure enough, she was right. The shadow was gone. I reached over and shut my window, locking it. Wait, were all the other windows in the house locked? Uh oh.

Suddenly, I heard a creaking noise, like the noise of old wooden stairs when they were stepped on. I sat still in my seat, my eyes going wide.

Suddenly, I heard, "Oh my gosh! Vi! Behind you!"

I grabbed the first think I could find to use as a weapon, which happened to be a ruler, and whirled around, my heart rate going a mile a minute. I was expecting a tall, hooded figure with a scythe or something to jump on me, but my eyes only met the emptiness of my dim lit room. In the background I could hear Angela's laughter. "Oh my god," she gasped through her laughter, "you should've seen your face!"

I swiveled my gaze back around to my laptop and glared the most intense glare I could muster. "I hate you so much right now." Shutting the laptop, I decided that I should go downstairs and check that all the windows and doors were locked.

There was the creaking noise again.

I grabbed the pocket knife that just so happened to be in my room at the moment. And maybe I'd fight a few bad guys while I was at it.

Damn, I felt bad ass.

----------------------------

Sooooo? What do you guys think? Could there be someone in her house? :O 

I know it was kind of short and it was kind of a filler chapter..sorryyyy :P

Please vote and comment if you like it!!

******************************

Make sure to check out Beyond My Destiny!

Title: Beyond My Destiny

Author: twilightscar22731

Genre: Fanfiction, Action

Summary: "Let go.... Please" she said, letting her grip go loose against his iron grip, he wouldn't let her go. No. She meant too much to him, he would never let her go even if it meant putting his life in danger he just couldn't let her go. Ever. "No! Never! You mean too much to me! Your my family! Your... My sister! R-Right?! I can't let you go!" "Silver..." She whispered, which made him tightened his grip more he knew what she was gonna say... "This destiny Silver... Beyond it actually hehe, but its time to let go, this portal isn't gonna stay open long enough..." "Silver let go!!! We're losing grip here!!!" A familiar voice yelled but he didn't listen to it, the wind was too harsh which was forcing him to loose grip, little by little. "Im so sorry Silver... Goodbye, I promise we'll see each other... Soon.... Goodbye.... Wind storm..." And with that a huge blast of wind built up immediately....

Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1409570-beyond-my-destiny

*******************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Error By Ramnik Sharma

Mystery / Thriller

7K 1.4K 20
⭐ Among the winners of Indian ONC 2021⭐ ⭐ Featured in Reading List of @MysteryThrillerIN ⭐ I was standing in my balcony when I saw a silhouette of a...
23.6K 794 55
2nd book to "You Make it Possible" My eyes quickly scan the yard hoping to meet eyes with who I know for a fact is my mate. I could feel my wolf insi...
228K 11.3K 74
He kept on staring at me but I ignored him, at least I tried to. He was sitting right beside me and although I was looking at the board I still could...
7.7K 291 24
!!!(Previously known as: What makes you beautiful)!!! YOU'RE ALIVE! ...but you're not coming home. What happens when you awake to find that you've b...