Find Your Way

By ashortygel

She's caught up in her past while she's tied up with her future. Will they meet halfway and find the love the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight (Edited)
Chapter Twenty-Nine
SOS
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty - Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Three

562 24 0
By ashortygel

Jade's POV

"Saan ka pupunta?" I heard my mother shout from behind. I was walking towards our front door when she sees me.

"Out." I plainly said ignoring her. I know she'll get pissed with what I did but I don't care. I don't want to deal with her now.

"I'm talking to you, young lady. Don't you dare turn your back on me." She said with a much venomous tone on her voice.

I stopped walking and smugly turn my back to face her and I saw her standing just a few feet away from our grand staircase. "What do you want?" I said lazily which fumed her even more.

"Don't you use that tone in me, Jade. Nanay mo pa din ako baka nakakalimutan mo." She paused and I just rolled my eyes on her. I heard her sigh harshly as if trying to control her anger. "Ang sabi ko, saan ka pupunta?"

"I'm going to David's office." I casually said. I don't want to disclose with her that I'm going to confront David about our upcoming engagement. I know she won't let me go if she knew what I'm planning to do.

Upon hearing David's name, her face suddenly lit up that caused me to curse mentally. Hindi ko talaga masikmura na ipinagtutulakan nila sakin si David. I mean, he's a great guy but I just can't imagine myself growing old with someone I don't love.

"Really, hija? Gusto mo bang ipahatid na kita kay Mang Gibo?" My mother is really impossible. One moment she's angry, and then all of a sudden she'll turn into her oh so sweet self. It's like she has this switch that can change her mood in a snap.

"No need, Mom. I can take care of myself." I said trying hard not to sound disgusted.

Before, I really like my mother when she's acting sweet and angelic but after what happened earlier, I can't help but to think otherwise.

I turned my back away from her then walk straight on our front porch completely ignoring her response. I hurriedly rode my white Mercedez Benz as soon as I saw it then I sped off.

I can't wait to talk to David and confront him about this. If he knew, then I'll make a proposal for us to cut this whole thing off. He's been giving me anything I asked for and even though I knew what I'll be asking would be too much for him, I'm still hoping he won't disappoint me.

------------

"Hi! Is David Limjoco here?" I asked her secretary upon entering his office. Kilala na ako dito since I always visit him when we were still together.

Her secretary, Kate, beamed at me the moment she laid eyes on me. "Hi, Ms. Jade! Uhm, Mr. Limjoco is still in a meeting but I think they're almost done since it's already lunch time. You can sit there in the couch or you can just go inside his office and wait for him to come out of the conference room."

"Thanks, Kate! Hindi ka pa din nagbabago. Mabait ka pa din. Not to mention you're still pretty." I complimented her with a genuine smile. She's been David's secretary for 2 years now and I won't deny na magaan ang loob ko sa kanya. Accommodating kasi and very pleasant ang vibe.

"Thank you, Ms. Jade. Kayo din naman po, still gorgeous and stunning." She said while blushing and I chuckled at her. I motioned my hand that I'll just wait David inside his office and she just nodded. I already hear applause coming from the conference room since it's just adjacent to where Kate's cubicle is situated. I hurriedly went inside David's office and wait for him to come out.

After 5 minutes of waiting, I saw the board members exiting the conference room through the glass door. I saw David walking out of the room while over the phone. I watched his every move and wait for him to enter.

"Yes.. Of course, Mr. Sy. Not a problem at all.. Okay, we'll just give you an update.." As he entered his office, he automatically sees me sitting prettily on the black leather couch. I smiled at him and I can sense his excitement in his eyes upon seeing me. Parang nakalimutan na nitong may kausap ito sa phone. "Oh hold on, Mr. Sy. Let me just call you later regarding the proposal.. Okay, bye and thank you."

He practically lunged at me and cage me with his strong arms. I was caught off guard but I compose myself and act normal.

"Hi!" I greeted him. I tried not to sound bored since I don't want to offend him. But I don't have time for his sweet talks if that's what he's planning to do.

"What a surprise, Jade! Kailan ka pa nakauwi?" He said with all liveliness but I wasn't in the mood since all I think of was that damn engagement.

"The day before yesterday. Hindi na din ako nagsabi since gusto ko kayo i-surprise at syempre, ayoko naman na abalahin ka pa. Alam ko busy ngayon sa business niyo since madami kayong bagong client lalo na sa real estate niyo."

"What are you talking about, Jade? Of course hindi ka istorbo sakin. You're my number one priority here and I can just ask someone to be my proxy just so I can be with you." He said will all sincerity in his voice. If I was still in love in him, I knew I'll be all giddy after hearing what he said. Pero ngayon ko talagang narerealize na wala na akong nararamdaman sa kanya. I can be his good friend but never a wife.

"Thanks, David. But you know you don't have to do that. You know that I'm no longer-" He cut me off even before I can finish my sentence.

"Sshh. You don't have to say it, Jade. I'm just happy you let me love you at kuntento na ko dun. Hindi naman ako nanghihingi ng anumang kapalit."

I was left dumbfounded on what he just said. I know David is a great man but I never imagine he'll be this understanding and sincere.

How did I even thought of hurting this man when all he gave me was love and compassion? I know I've already hurt him big time when I ended things with us and I don't think I can do it again when he's acting all holy right now. I don't know if this is the right time but I need to know if he has an idea about the plan of our parents. But fuck, how can I open that up?

"Uh, David, are there any plans my father and Tito Mike mentioned to you?" I asked carefully. I never thought this would be hard.

"About what? The last time Tito and I talked was last week during our seminar in Tagaytay. Wala naman silang dalawa nababanggit sakin aside from the new condo building Tito is planning to build. You know, partner's thing." He said while guiding me to sit on the couch. He eventually sit beside me as soon as I settled in.

"So, you mean wala silang nababanggit anything about their plans for you and I?" I looked at him quizzically. Tinitignan ko kung nagsisinungaling sakin si David but all I see is confusion all over his face.

"Wala naman, Jade. Hindi naman din sakin nakakapag-open up si Dad dahil alam ko, busy sila ni Tito dun sa condo building. We never get the chance to talk like we used to before since pareho nga kaming busy. Why? Is there something wrong?" He said without a buckle so I guess I was wrong. David has no idea what's going on. I was so heartless to believe David can lie to me and that he'll let himself tie with me even he knew what would be my stand.

Yes, he loves me pero hindi siya selfish pagdating sakin at napatunayan ko yun noong nakipagbreak ako sa kanya.

"Uhm, nevermind. Let's just forget about it." I smiled trying to hide my frustration. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko ngayon. Hindi ko kayang saktan ulit si David pero hindi ko din kayang makasal sa kanya.

"Okay, Jade. Naglunch ka na ba? C'mon! My treat."

"Uhm, David kasi-" I paused trying to compose a good alibi but to my luck, wala akong maisip. Wala ako sa huwisyo makipag-usap ng matino ngayon dahil sa dami ng iniisip ko.

"Nah. I won't take no for an answer, Jade. Dali na! We need to catch up lalo na kauuwi mo lang from your trip." He said already standing up while pulling me.

"O-Okay." I said plainly and gave him a fake smile. Mukha namang hindi nito nahalata dahil mas lalong lumaki ang ngiti nito. Kinuha pa nito ang bag ko at inalalayan ako palabas ng pinto.

"Just wait me in the lobby, Jade. May kailangan lang akong ibilin kay Kate." He said before we even exit his office. I just gave him a nod as my answer. Hindi na din ako nakapalag ng bigla niya kong i-kiss sa forehead.

Nang makalabas ako sa office niya, huminga ako ng malalim para lumuwag ng konti ang nararamdaman ko. My frustration and disappointment right now are as high as Mt. Everest. Akala ko pag nakausap ko na si David, magiging okay na ang lahat. Pero since hindi ko nasabi ang proposal ko dahil nga wala siyang idea, I suddenly felt stuck! Bigla na lang akong na blangko kung paano ako lulusot.

Ugh! What should I do now? I know David will understand if sabihin ko na sa kanya but I can't just come into his life again to give him another heartbreak. I know I'm a spoiled brat but I was never a heartless bitch.

I suddenly taste a blood in my tongue because I didn't notice I've been biting my lips that hard. I've been wracking my nerves to come up with a plan but I wasn't able to build any. I continued to walk while spacing out until I reached the lobby. I settled in one seater couch and wait for David when suddenly something stirred inside me.

That's it! I'll talk to Sally and I know she'll help me once I told her my situation.

I instantly felt relaxed a bit after realizing I still have my bestfriend to talk to about my shitty life.

Aside from Ahya Paul, she also knew all of my darkest and deepest secrets. Lahat din ng kalokohan ko na nagawa noon, kasama ko siyang gumawa ng mga palusot para hindi ako pagalitan nila Dada. Ganon din naman ako sa kanya pero mas madalas nga lang sakin.

She's like my sister from another mother that's why I'm confident enough that she'll help me on this one. I suddenly got excited and hyper with the thought of it. Sana lang, umayon na lahat sa plano ko ang mga mangyayari.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 9.3K 41
Phantom Academy was a prestigious school for the elites. Everything was in order not until a mysterious game emerged, which lies beyond their phones...
63.8M 2.2M 44
Warning: Do not open if you haven't yet read Hell University. This is just a sequel of that book. Thank you!
3.5M 134K 23
What would you do if you wake up one day and find yourself in a different body? [Completed]