not about angels ✧ xmen: erik...

By stuckytrxsh

"Chaos is an angel who fell in love with a ... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
update

chapter five

598 26 10
By stuckytrxsh

A.N.
above is this outfit she's wearing in this chapter until I say otherwise. happy reading!

--

Sleep didn't fall easy that night. The bed felt too rough at times, yet too soft at others. One minute I was hot, the next cold. My emotions were floundering in my chest and all I craved was the sweet release of sleep. That's all I wanted.

"Not all I wanted." I subconsciously thought.

I pondered long and hard about Erik's proposition. I repeatedly punched the wall once I got into my room after he told me.

"How could you be so stupid?" The angry voice echoed inside my head from last night. The pounding on the walls was still giving me a headache.

"How pathetic! Going after the first guy you laid eyes on!" I'm pretty sure I caused my palms to bleed because I was pressing my fingertips way too hard into them. I was so disappointed in myself.

"Can I be that desperate for love?" I thought to myself. But right now that doesn't matter. None of this matters. It's long past being gone, it's basically forgotten. Right now I just need to focus on getting piss drunk to erase the memory of his eyes.

Me and all the other mutants are just hanging out like we were last night. All of us were bored out of our minds. At least I decided to let my wings sprawl today, I figured I have nothing to hide anymore.

Havok and Darwin were playing some ball game that looked like it belonged to a carnival, and Banshee and Hank were chilling on the couch across from Raven and Angel. While I on the other hand am digging through the whiskey bottles behind the bar.

"Oh look! The circus is in town!" The sound of a jackass prude distracted me from my alcohol scavenger hunt, making me turn completely around. A bottle of Jack Daniels was in one hand and in the other was my blatant middle finger on display for both of the nut sacks to see."C'mon honey! Give us a little.." Apparently my sign wasn't enough for them, because they continued to antagonize us through the window. One of the men gestured wings on the sides of him, using his arms to whisp around like a flapping bird. They look utterly ridiculous right now.

"Alright let's see your feet, Bigfoot!" The two assholes teased. Hank wasn't taking any of it and immediately got up to close the blinds. This shielded the man's disappointed "Aww c'mon.." And with one slight wave we were all released of our interrogation.

"They're just guys being stupid." Raven assured Angel who looked distraught by the whole situation.

"Guys being stupid my ass-" I started.

"Hey!" Hank interrupted before he pointed a finger towards Darwin. Luckily, Darwin and Havok are too busy playing their game that he didn't even notice.

"Sorry." I whispered while I brought my big bottle with me to lay down on the couch.

"Guys being stupid I can handle. I've handled that my whole life. But I'd rather have guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me." Angel replied, ignoring my buzzed state.

"At us." Raven yet again reassured to Angel. She's not alone in this. We've all done our time with people who didn't accept us, most of the time with us being the victim and the attacker.

At this point, I just plopped onto the couch. I was about to take a large swig before Banshee stopped me."I think that's enough for one night.." He ushered.

"Wh-wha-" I protested. I was prepared to start World War III for this bottle, but then the phone rang. I wasn't even aware that we had a phone. I don't know what lit up inside me, but I was the first to dash to pick it up. Reaching down for the dark telephone, I brought it up to my ear. The first thing I heard was a wildly frantic voice. A too familiar voice.

"Hello?"

"Yes, Serina! Is that you?" Erik babbled. I could barely understand him.

"Maybe. What, are you here to tell me more things I need to 'realize'?" I mocked.

"Okay, now is not the time. You guys need to get out of there now."

"Erik what's going on?"

Two major bangs were heard that shook the whole facility, causing me to sober up real fast.

"Serina- What's- on?" Erik cut through the phone, only yelling bits and pieces of what he was trying to say. Before I knew it, the phone was just static.

"Erik? Hello?" I frantically raised my voice through the phone. I crushed the actual phone back to the table. More large shakes and bangs were echoing through the whole compound.

"What's going on?" Darwin asked me while him and Alex were frantically looking around like the rest of us.

"I- I don't know. Erik just called and told us to leave." I answered with all eyes on me. I could see panic rush through everyone's faces as we all gathered in front of the window, Hank pulling back the curtains he just seconds ago closed. Darwin stayed close by my side, my wings encasing him in a halo. All of our attentions were drawn to two silhouettes in the sky that have suddenly appeared.

"What the hell is that?" Alex saying what we all were thinking. In the blink of an eye the two silhouettes have disappeared, only leaving black and red smoke in their wake. We all frantically looked around at each other and I held Darwin a little closer to me. Soon we all aren't wondering where the men went, because one of them just fell right in front of us on the other side of the window. We all were mortified at the sight in front of us. It's one of the CIA's agents sprawled out on the concrete covered in broken bones and blood seeping through his back and onto the floor. Screams were heard as we all took steps back away from the window, and I urged Darwin to look away. I could feel him shaking while his eyes were wide and glued to the broken body laying in front of us.

"Something is going on, but I guarantee that you're going to be fine, okay?" I knelt down in front of Darwin, trying to divert his open eyed and mouthed stare. Another body crashed onto a glass panel outside, but I covered Darwin's sight of the window with one of my wings. "Don't look, okay? We are all going to be fine."

Bodies kept falling like no tomorrow as I rested both of my hands on each of Darwin's shoulders. I peeked above my wing to see what's been happening while i've been talking Darwin down. As suspected everyone is gathered on the far side of the wall, mostly everyone covering their eyes or their mouths. Raven was muffling her screams with her palms, while on the other hand banshee had an angry, focused stare on all of the bodies. I may put on a calm persona, but inside i'm freaking out. There's chaos like i've never seen before and I don't know what the hell to do. The people that are supposed to be protecting us are raining from the sky, and the one man that I need right now is halfway across the world.

Voices started appearing in my head like they always do when chaotic things happen, all of the voices were filling my thoughts with ache as panic was rushing through the whole facility. I forcefully closed my eyes and held my hands to my temples, feeling my face contour with all of the pain rushing through my veins.

"We have an intruder on the main atrium-" A single voice managed to break through all of the clutter. I can now see through this man's eyes as he frantically holds his gun up towards a being that is wearing a metal helmet, blocking me from hearing his voice.

"Where are the mutants." The being demanded.

"You take another step i'm going to put you dow-" My vision filled with red as the being murderously was withstanding the bullets being pelted at him. He grabbed the man's throat and screaming was running through my head. All of the pain and suffering this man is feeling, I was able to feel right now. My throat started to close up and it's becoming harder and harder to breathe.

"Serina! Serina!" I was shook out of being in the man's mind by Darwin, whose eyes were dilated like i've never seen before and sweat was beading off his forehead. My throat still ached but now I have the chance to calm myself down. I was vigorously coughing while I tried to tell everyone what was going on.

"Someone- is here- for us-" I managed to say in between my coughs. Hank rushed towards me and helped me off of the ground, only now i'm actually aware that I was on the ground.

"Erik is right, we need to get out of here." Hank said, gesturing towards everyone to go to the nearest door.

"Get back, we're under attack!" Men in black suits have now gathered in front of the window, holding useless guns while trying to tag a red mutant that can teleport around. They all were shooting mindlessly at air, unable to catch whoever has been teleporting. I grabbed Darwin and duck behind the couch, followed by Hank and everyone else.

"If we stay here, we'll die." I frantically whispered to Hank. He looked at me with a blank stare before nodding in unison with me. My wings subconsciously covered Darwin, Hank, and me as glass was flying across the room, pelting my wings with sharp shards. I looked through my wings to find that the window is now shattered, leaving us too vulnerable. Some shots even fired into the room, one of them skimming my feathered wings.

"Someone is here for us, we have to leave!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 98.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
128K 7.5K 92
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
1.7M 62.3K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
83.6K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...