Taken

By Robyn64

Laura's mother died just two weeks ago, leaving her and her dad to somehow figure out a way to cope without h... More

Part one
Part three
Part four
part five

Part two

734 6 3
By Robyn64

I pushed myself up off the bed and walked over to the door. I don’t know why I did what I did next. I wasn’t thinking straight. I slowly started to turn the handle on the door, it wasn’t easy because I just couldn’t stop shaking. Opening it a fraction, I yelled to the person outside.

“We have milk you know. That was a lame excuse. I wouldn’t have gone, so you may as well just come back in.” I hope he was ready to apologize to me. I thought as I made my way over to the bed and sat down again. I looked at the alarm and it said 22:30. Great, another day of my life missed. I could never really tell what the time was without the clock. There were only three windows; one in each room. But even they were tiny.

                The room was starting to get dark as the figure made its way into the room. He was taller then I remembered. I couldn’t quite make out his face as the only light from the telly was shining on me. The figure didn’t say one word as he closed and locked the door. Oliver never locked the door, he always thought he would be able to protect himself if anything happened. Something didn’t feel right. And although I could usually tell if something was wrong, nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

This wasn’t Oliver. It didn’t feel right, there was tension in the air as soon as he came into the room. I had to get away from him. But who was it and why had he been waiting outside my room? I needed to get away from this man before something bad happened to me. If only Oliver was here, he isn’t that strong but at least he would be able to help me.

I jumped up off the edge of the bed and ran over to the kitchen, slamming the door behind me I knew I wasn’t strong enough to keep the door shut, and I definitely did not have enough strength to move the table to the door and block him out. I stood thinking about what a stupid mistake I had made. The bathroom door actually had a lock on it, so at least I would be safe in there until Oliver got back. I stood silent and shaking, leaning my ear against the door as I heard his footsteps speed up towards the kitchen.

                Almost instantly I froze as I watched the door handle turn. With all my strength, I pushed to try and keep the door shut. Like I thought, the man managed to open the door with almost no effort. What did he want with me? I was nothing special.

“G-G-Go aw-away!” I screamed slowly backing away from him. I couldn’t think of what to do, should I hit him or make a run for it? But if I ran, I would have to run past him. Would he grab me? Could I get away? What if I hit him? Would he hit me back? What if he killed me? All these thoughts ran through my head as I tried to think of a plan to get out of this mess. So far, no good.

                “It’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to have a little fun sweetie.” he tried to reassure me. His stupid grin made me sick. I started to not feel scared anymore. Instead, my feelings were replaced with anger and sickness. There was no doubt that this man had done something like this before and I wanted to make him pay for it. He started strolling towards me with his arms out. I panicked and had no idea how to respond. I wanted Oliver back with me, by my side.

                “Don’t touch me!” I shouted. I tried to make my voice sound commanding and not afraid of him. I wanted the other people staying here to hear me and come to my rescue. But nothing. The man laughed, seeing disappointment in my eyes. A wicked cackle like a witch would make before she attacks you. I felt for the counter to steady me, I thought like I was going to faint. I watched him getting closer to me, he wasn’t going to give up no matter what I said to him. He got near enough to wrap his arm around my waist but didn’t pull me in to him just yet.

                I felt my top being messed with as I tried to block everything out of my mind. Was I really just going to stand here and let some guy touch me? I felt useless, vulnerable and powerless against his muscles. He leaned against me, rubbing his manhood up my leg as he leaned my neck back and started kissing my neck. His lips were cold and hard, the exact opposite of Oliver’s. As my head flung to the side, I noticed a big wooden block full of carving knives. Turning back to the man, I saw evil in his eyes. I let him be occupied with my body, long enough for him not to notice my hand lift up and buck around the wooden block.

                I can honestly say, I had never really thought about killing somebody until that moment there. I wondered what it would be like, to die. To be reunited with my mum again. It’s something I had wanted to happen when she first died. But now I know I had to stay and look after my dad; if we both left he would be all alone.

                I started to push the wooden block to the edge of the counter. It was still full of knives so needed all my strength to lift it up. I only had one hand spare, so I had to wait till I had the block halfway off the counter and push my hand underneath. But with one quick thrust, I had the wooden block off the counter and into the air. I tried to aim perfectly for the middle of his head, so I could knock him out cold.

                Opening his eyes, he saw me trying to steady the box above his head. The man swiftly turned around and went to put his hands up to grab the box. But with one sudden movement, I managed to release my second hand, steady the box, and hit him hard on his head. I breathed a huge sigh of relief as his body fell to the floor with a thud. However, I knew it was not over yet. I had to wait with this body until Oliver returned.

                The man’s head was covered in blood, spilling all over the floor by the time I heard the door bang. For once, I was actually happy to see Oliver as I leaped over the body and raced to open the door for him. No time was wasted when the door finally opened. I threw my arms around Oliver, clinging to him like a girl and a doll. Pulling away, he saw the fear in my eyes and the bruises forming on my arms. I turned to look at the man, still out cold on the floor and waited for Oliver’s expression.

Oliver’s face was as white as a ghost as his eyes hovered over the man’s body on the floor. With one swift movement he had removed my hands from his neck and knelt down by the man. I decided to go and join him but first I needed a drink to get over everything that had happened in the past half hour. 

I started to tiptoe over the man and to the mini fridge in the corner of the room. Still stunned, Oliver moved two of his fingers over the man’s neck to check he was still breathing, but flinched. He quickly removed his hands from the man’s neck like he had just had a shock. I was surprisingly calm about everything that had happened.

“What happened? I can’t leave you for ten minutes without something happening!” Oliver growled. He looked away from the man and watched me, waiting for a reply.

“I thought it was you. He tried to attack me, what was I meant to do!” I blurted out all at once. What was his problem? Was I just meant to stand there and let it all happen? “Aren’t you going to call an ambulance?” I asked, opening the fridge door.

“And say what? There’s no point anyway...” Oliver’s voice trailed off. I grabbed what looked like a can of strongbow out of the fridge and started chugging it down.

“Well I know I shouldn’t have hit him, but he shouldn’t have come at me like that. He needs to go to the hospital!” I stated, putting my can down and leaning back on the counter.

“No Laura, it’s too late. I’m sorry.” He shook his head at me. It took a while for what Oliver had just said to sink in. There was no way he was dead! I hadn’t hit him very hard.

“What-what-what?! No. No! He’ll come round in a minute, you’ll see. Then he can go and it will all be fine!” I shouted out. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I just wanted to go back to a couple of days ago when I was at home with my dad.

“You killed him Laura, he is dead” he replied in a cold, dead voice, much like the man’s body. Oliver got up and walked over to me with his arms open, he had fear in his eyes. I couldn’t quite believe what had happened over the past half an hour. It was all so sudden. If I were back at home, nothing like this would ever happen.

As I lent on Oliver, I thought about all the good times I had with my mum and dad, before she died. Things were different back them, my dad wasn’t as protective over me and I could see my friends. I actually looked forward to waking up in the morning.

A few more minutes passed before Oliver and I parted. He kept one of his arms on my shoulder and looked down at me with his big loving eyes.

“We’ll get this sorted Laura. But we need to leave. Pack a few things and let’s go. Now” he said in a calm voice. He removed his hand from me and walked over to the draws by the bed. I was left standing, stunned from how calm he had been.

I was quickly shocked out of it though, Oliver started ranting to himself and slamming draws to find his things. There was no other choice, if I wanted all this to go away, I had to leave right?

I sprinted over to the left side of the bed, where I always slept, and started rummaging through the three draws. I didn’t have much stuff, mainly because when I was taken I wasn’t prepared. I had my ruck sack with a few clothes in and everyday things that Oliver had picked up for me. I started stuffing them into my bag until I was shaking with nerves. I manages to keep my cool until I had finished packing and sat waiting impatiently for Oliver to finish.

“Hurry!” I snapped at him. “One of the maids can show up here at any time!” I sat shaking on the bed. I didn’t realize how much stuff Oliver had. He had three bags packed full of food and clothes.

“Come on then, let’s go.” Oliver stared up at me as I smiled with relief. “Where to this time?” He winked at me. Oliver somehow always managed to lighten the mood.

We were halfway down the stairs and out of the building before I could make up my mind. I was sitting, staring at the clock while Oliver casually chatted with one of the workers in the hotel. He had gone to pay and check us out.

I stood up to meet Oliver as he walked over to me smiling. He bent down to reach the luggage he had left with me.

“Everything okay with them?” I asked Oliver nervously.

“Yeah, it’s all fine. And if we ever choose to come back, they said we get a 10% discount.” He smiled, rubbing his hands through his hair. “Right, let’s go. Figured out where you want to go yet?” Oliver tried to relax me but with every minute, I seemed to get even more nervous.

“Cologne, Germany. My mum took me there when I was a kid. We stayed in a village. Green something.” I stood trying to remember my childhood. My mum.

“Greenwich.” Oliver replied. “Yeah, I’ve been there. Why not pay them another visit.” He smiled to himself and started walking to our rented car in the middle of the car park.

Oliver had rented a car when he took me and drove off to the deserted hotel. It wasn’t anything special, just a dark green station wagon thing that didn’t go very fast but it was just enough to get us to where we wanted.

I was the first to reach the car, I had taken the keys off him and ran to it as soon as I spotted it. Chucking the bags in the back of the wagon, I unlocked the door and jumped in the passenger side, waiting for Oliver to arrive. I thought about starting another new life in Germany, how I could be whoever I wanted to be. And also how all it took to escape was a turn of the key and I could leave Oliver. But I knew I couldn’t survive on my own. I didn’t really want to be with him, but I needed him.

Oliver made it to the car and started the engine. He tossed me a map from under the seat and pointed at where we were, and where Cologne is. All I can say is that this is going to be a hell of a ride.

Cologne was the first place that came to my head when Oliver asked. I hadn’t even known where we were to begin with, but I could tell it was still in England somewhere. The air had the faint smell of the countryside, mixed with salt from the sea. It was a nice mixture, but not one that I would miss.

I can’t quite remember how I got here, but I woke up to some old man staring at me through the side window of my car. The man was filling up the wagon while Oliver was paying the man inside. He came out with a hand full of food, laughing to himself. I knew exactly why Oliver was laughing, I wasn’t really wearing anything decent. I hadn’t had time to change at the hotel and my other clothes were in the back of the wagon. I wore a tight pair of black shorts that showed off my legs and made them seem to go on forever, along with a thin low cut, white top that barely covered my stomach.

Back at the hotel, there was no washing machine and the sink was a joke, it was so tiny. I had begun to run out of clothes and had nothing else to wear. Oliver got to the car still laughing as I tried my best to cover myself with anything I could find. I found an old newspaper and opened it up wide, pretending I was reading.

“Here, catch.” Oliver tossed a can of soda and a snickers bar at the newspaper, which made it tear in half. And of course, Oliver found it hilarious.

“Don’t laugh!” I snapped, taking the can of soda and opening it. Before I knew it, the soda was everywhere, all over by top and trousers. This was just not my lucky day! My top was damp and wet, stained by the soda, while my hair was wet and beginning to get sticky.

I turned to Oliver to give him the evil eye, which made him roar with laughter. He soon began to get tears in his eyes from laughing so much but did try to calm himself after a while. Oliver sat watching me as I tried to dab at my wet top with what was left of the newspaper. My top soon began to turn transparent though.

“Give me your top.” I commanded to Oliver. Taken aback, he did as he was told and slowly lifted off his top. His body was perfect, not too overpowering but just enough to leave me speechless at the sight of it.

Oliver smiled, handing me his top and winking at me. Over the past few days, I noticed Oliver had winked at me a lot, and I mean a lot.

“Got something in your eye?” I smiled at him, waiting for a reply but looked away when I got nothing. “Don’t peak,” I winked back at him. Oliver turned to look out his window why I looked around for anyone else who may be watching. Noticing Oliver had adjusted the side-view mirror, I decided to give him a show.

I slowly started tearing my top off my body, gliding my hands through my hair and down to my stomach at the same time. I stayed there with nothing on for a while, waiting to see if Oliver said anything before lifting my hair and slowly covered myself up with his t-shirt.

“God damn it Laura.” Oliver purred at me when I stopped. He turned and took my face in his hand, giving me a soft kiss. In that second, I forgot about everything else in the world and imagined the future with Oliver and me. Wait, I’m not falling for him. Am I?

I was quick to tear away from the kiss, I couldn’t fall for my kidnapper. I just couldn’t let myself. But I started to see why Oliver took me. At school, I wouldn’t have even given him a chance if he had asked me out. I thought he would be some stuck up footballer like the rest of them, but he isn’t. He’s sensitive, kind and loving. Dear god Laura shut up before you do something you regret!

I turned away from Oliver and started recapping the past couple of days. Somewhere between that, I managed to doze back off. I had a weird dream, about a woman. She looked like my mum, but younger. She was nursing a baby and crying, her hair was covering her face but she was kneeling by a body. A man maybe, and he wasn’t moving… 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 44 22
Maddie's life is about to be taken on a roller-coaster ride. When Seth steps in and truns all her fantasy into reality. They can't help but to fall h...
Kidnapped (Book 1) By kthaler

Mystery / Thriller

428K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...
480K 16.9K 44
"How long has he been hurting you?" There it is. The question I dreaded, but I promised him I would be honest, so I took a deep breath and answered. ...
141K 3K 61
Agent Prentiss is living a good life in DC with her daughter Bella. But Doyle is looking for revenge and Emily is his target. What will happen when t...