It All Started With A Dare

Av quruxley

"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those word... Mer

It All Started With A Dare/ Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To My Life
Chapter Two: I Dare You...
Chapter Three: Change
Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless
Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights
Questions
Chapter Seven: Mr Perfect Is Not So Perfect
Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents
Chapter Nine: Things Just Got Real
*Isa [1]*
Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance
Chapter Eleven: Announcements, Family And Confessions
Interview #1 (Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest)
Chapter Twelve: Oh My Allah!
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward
New Story
Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
*Amir [2]*
Chapter Sixteen: Start Of Something New
Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries
Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies
Chapter Nineteen: Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks
Chapter Twenty: A Hard Blow
Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings
A/N
Chapter Twenty Two: Seeing Veronica
Character's Fun Facts*SPOILER ALERT!*
Chapter Twenty Three: Plays, Drama And Drama
*Third Person [3]*
Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No
Chapter Twenty Five: When Danger Lurks
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty Seven: Moments
Chapter Twenty Eight: Dreams, Perfect Dresses And Awkward Encounters
IMPORTANT!
Chapter Twenty Nine: Confrontation
*Isa [4]*
Chapter Thirty: Weddings (Part One)
Chapter Thirty One: Weddings (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Chapter Thirty Four: Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed
It All Started With A Proposal
100k READS CELEBRATION WITH THE CAST OF IASWAD
Interview #2 (Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)
Life Update: My Tedx Performance
It All Started With A Deleted Scene: Unseen Scenes

Chapter Six: He Saved Me

24.1K 1.6K 239
Av quruxley

*Just love his voice ⬆️* (My JUNGKOOKIIEEE<3)

"Why couldn't the girl slap him hard enough to knock off that smirk? Damn." -Zamzam Amin, IASWAD.
CHAPTER SIX: He Saved Me

Zamzam Amin

"Bye Grams!" I shouted as I left the front door and started walking to the nearest StarBucks. I'm supposed to meet Adam there so he could take me wherever he was planning on taking me. I really have a bad feeling about where he's taking me.

Just like he said, he was seated at a table with a StarBucks drink in his hands. Right now he looked so careless but still very handsome. It's like he's not trying at all! Wait, what am I saying? I shook the thought away and approached him at the table. People must think it's unusual seeing a girl as awkward and quiet as me sitting at the same table with a model like creature like him. Yes notice how I said the word creature. This boy looks inhuman, and his personality is too. I wonder how his head isn't that big with all the air in it?

He finally looked up from his phone and smirked at me. Ugh, why does he always have to smirk like that!? Something was different about him today though. I just can't seem to point it out..."Hey Scarfy." I rolled my eyes at the nickname. If he calls me that one more time I swear it'll be world war 3 up in here! Take a deep breath, don't let him get to you okay? You're better than that, I thought to myself.

"Hey Cocky." I retorted as I sat down across from him. "So where is it that you're taking me? It better be somewhere public or no deal!" I added. Man I should've asked Isa to come with me. I have a bad feeling about wherever it is he is taking me, I just hope I'm wrong.

"Don't worry, they'll be a lot of people there. But, that's later on in the day. Right now," He brought out his laptop and set it on the table. "We need to work on our project." He started to type already. Dang it I forgot to bring my laptop with me! Looks like I'm going to have to type on my phone. Before I started I got up to get a drink. "Where are you going?" Adam asked as he eyed me.

"Mars," I replied sarcastically. "I'm going to get a drink." I said and got in the long StarBucks line. "Oh my god! Adam!?" A girl shrieked from behind me. This girl was undoubtedly beautiful with long blonde hair and long model like legs. I turned to face Adam and saw that he looked embarrassed. "Why haven't you called me yet? I gave you my number that night!" The girl looked upset.

"Uh Hayley right?" He asked unsure.

"Hayley!? Who's Hayley? I'm Ashley you jerk!" She slapped him hard on the cheek.

Covering my mouth, I tried so hard not to laugh but it was nearly impossible. Ha! Serves the jerk right! The girl stormed out looking as pissed as ever. Dang I feel bad for her, she fell right in to the playboy's trap. I swear I will never be one of those girls that fall so easily for guys like Adam Mathews. My dad always told me to guard my heart and to only give it to someone who deserves it. I hope In Shaa Allah that one guy will be my future husband. After ordering my usual which was a caramel Frappe, I walk back to the table only too see Adam smirking again. Did none of that effect him? Why couldn't the girl slap him hard enough to knock off that smirk? Damn.

"What?" I asked feeling really annoyed. He shook his head, still smirking like crazy. "Nothing. It's just I feel really confident that I will win this bet." He stated cockily.

"Why is that?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I'm just a very confident person." He shrugged his shoulders. Of course he'd think like that. "Really? Confident or cocky? You see I think you're more cocky than confident. Also if you think that I'm easily gonna back down, that's not going to happen." I retorted.

"Let me ask you something." He leaned closer to me making me lean back. Does this boy know anything about personal space? Not everyone wants to smell his way too strong cologne!

"Why do you care? I mean why do you want me to change my ways? How does how I think and who I am have anything to do with you?" He looked at me curiously. Taking a deep breath, I looked him straight in the eyes.

"I'm not doing this because I care about what you think. I want to change how you treat other people. Remember when we went to the homeless shelter? Did any of that make you stop and think? Let me guess, you just felt bad for them and that's all. Don't you get that it's people like you who are making life hard for them? I'm just being brutally honest right now. If that girl slapping you didn't knock any sense into you then I hope that will." I concluded. He sat there silently and stared at me.

"Actually plans off, I'm not gonna take you to the place I was planning on taking you." He responded with a serious look. Where was he planning on taking me anyway? "How about we call it a day today?" He got up and grabbed his stuff. What is wrong with him? Is he on his man period or something? I swear you'd think he was a girl with his mood swings.

Adam Mathews

For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. It's so weird because no one has ever said that to me before. Maybe I'm just reading too much into her words? Yeah that's definitely it. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror and smiled. Yup I'm ready for this party. It sucks that I decided not to bring Scarfy. Instead I want to see how she'll change my ways whatever that means. I heard a knock on my door and Jennette came in. "What is it?" I asked in an annoyed tone. "Alex and a young lady are waiting downstairs for you." She informed. Young lady? I thought to myself curiously.

Walking out of my room, I made my way down the stairs and saw Alex and Kathie standing in front of the door. Damn I completely forgot she was coming with us! Now the car ride there will be awkward. "Hey dude!" Alex put me in a headlock. "Glad to see you're feeling better. I told you that you'll have a killer hang over didn't I?" He smirked at me.

"Shut up and let's go."

"H-Hey... How are you feeling?" Kathie asked nervously. I stopped walking and turned towards her slowly. "I'm fine." I replied after a moment of silence. This room suddenly felt so much colder than before. I guess the awkwardness is actually taking a toll on me. But who could blame me for acting this way? After what she did to me I could never be normal with her. After we broke up I swore I'd never be in a serious relationship again. So far I've been good with keeping that promise.

* * *

The car ride to Alex's house was as I predicted, awkward. Mostly it was only Alex who was trying to make conversation but he soon gave up too. I really wish she wasn't here, then I'd be comfortable. After we arrived we got out of the car and got inside his house. This is actually his second house that the party is located at. So far almost half of our classmates were here partying. There were people making out in one corner, some dancing in the living room, others drinking and talking. "You want a beer?" Alex asked grabbing two of them. By now Kathie has already went to her group of friends thank goodness.

"Chuck it."

He threw me a bottle and I caught it with ease.

"Let's get the party started!"

Zamzam Amin

It was starting to get dark out so I decided to call it a night and go home. While I was walking to my car I suddenly I felt someone grab me from behind. What the heck!? I immediately started to panic, who is this? "Put me down!" I shrieked. "Grab me the cloth!" The person who was holding me yelled. From the person's firm grip and deep voice I could tell that he was a man. What's happening? Ya Allah please save me!

Suddenly a guy that was wearing a mask, came up to me and put a cloth around my mouth while tying my hands. I tried to scream and kick but it was no use, they were stronger than me and no one will be able to hear me. Grams won't be able to hear me because she said she'd be in her office and not at the front of the bakery where she normally is. The guy that was holding me, walked towards a black truck and threw me in the trunk. What is happening to me? "This will be the best prank ever!" One of the guys shouted. Prank? What the hell does he mean by prank!?

Once the guy started the engine he drove off.

* * *

Suddenly the car stopped and the two guys came out. "Let's get her." The guy that was holding me tried to grab me once again. I kicked him on his foot making him since in pain. "What the hell!?" He grabbed me and through me over his shoulder. We were at a house and there were people everywhere with bottles in there hands and music playing loudly. Are we at a party!? Oh hell no!

I started to squirm in his grip trying to free myself. Sadly it didn't work because I was out numbered. "Let's go!" They grabbed me and forced me inside.

* * *

"You guys thought we couldn't pull it off right? Well I told you we would bring her here." One of the guys finally took off his mask revealing his face. I know him! He's in my class. That means that all of these people are from my school. In fact all of the football team was here. Does that mean Adam is here too? Did he know about this? Was he apart of it? No, he wouldn't do this to me. I was completely surrounded by every one of the members of the football team except him. I hope that means he wasn't a part of it. "Good job Simon, Nick, I didn't think you guys could bring the Muslim girl here." Another one of the of the members commented. This was a bet?

I tried to speak but again it was hard. "Take that off of her." The same guy commanded. They finally took the cloth off of me. Now they're definitely going to get it. "You jerks are going to pay for this!" I shouted in full blown anger. "Ooh it looks like she's angry! What are you going to blow us up?" The other guy whom I'm guessing is Nick commented. "No but I will beat you up! Do you know that kidnapping is illegal? I could put your a** in jail just like that so don't mess with me!" He really should know how to control that mouth of his.

"What's going on?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. As I turned around, I saw a confused Adam staring back at me. "Scarfy?" He looked very confused. "What are you doing here? What's going on?" He turned to all of the football team members in fury.

Simon walked up to Adam and put an arm around his shoulder. "James here said that if I brought that Muslim girl here then he'd pay me 100 bucks. Now where's my money dude?"

He did this for money? I felt the strong urge to get up and punch that guy in the face. Oh if only I was tied up then I'd kick his butt. "What the hell man? That's not cool. Guys let her go!" Adam commanded. Was he defending me?

"Why should we?" Nick asked with raised eyebrows.

"Why should you? Oh, I don't know because it's illegal to keep someone against their will! Also what has she done to you?" He looked pissed for some reason.

"Calm down bro it was just a bet!"

"I will after you untie her. Now!" He shouted. For once I am thankful for Adam Mathews. Alhamdulilah he was here, maybe he isn't such a bad guy? When he noticed that nobody bothered to untie me he came up to me and did it himself. Once I was free he helped me stand back up. "I will drop you off wherever you need me to." He said after helping me up.

"Dude weren't you drinking though?" Someone said from behind him. Drinking? Oh Allah seriously!? You have got to be kidding me! Adam turned back to that person with an annoyed expression. "I barely had two sips. I'm fine," He turned to me this time. "I'm totally sober okay?"

For once I decided to trust him.

"Let's go."

* * *

When we got inside his car I decided to sit in the back rather than the passenger seat, I need to keep my distance. "You're being ridiculous you know that? Why can't you just sit in the passenger seat like a normal human being? I'm not a chauffeur." He commented. I'm being ridiculous? Ha! He's ridiculous if he thinks I'll sit that close to him.

"I'm sorry but I'm already not even supposed to be in this car with you okay? If I could walk to where my car is then I would. In the mean time I want to put as much distance between you and me as possible. Okay? Alright, thank you." I responded. Yes I am the queen of sass and come backs. That's why neither of my brothers or Amir ever try to get in an argument with me.

"Wow and I don't even get a thank you for saving you back there? That's cold." He put a hand on his heart and pretended to cry. I really am glad he showed up when he did. Because if he didn't come I don't know what could've happened. I really hate being a damsel in distress in need of someone to save her! Just like Cheetah Girls, I don't want to be like Cinderella sitting in a dark, cold dusty cellar waiting for somebody to come and set me free! I always wanted to be like Mulan, to be strong and independent.

"Thank you." I said sincerely.

"No problem but that still doesn't change things okay?" He looked at me through the rear view mirror. There was something different about him right now. He wasn't acting like a stuck up jerk, he wasn't making slide comments, he was just being normal.

"Of course. Oh turn here, this is where my car is parked at."I pointed at Grams's shop. As he stopped the car I got out and walked towards mine. Suddenly I stopped walking and watched him as he drove away.

He really isn't that bad I guess.

He saved me.

*************
HEY GUYS! WOW I UPDATED A LOT THIS WEEK *PATS SELF ON THE BACK* LOL WHAT DID U GUYS THINK? PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!! THEY MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!! ALSO THANK YOU FOR SHOWING SO MUCH LOVE TOWARDS THIS BOOK!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND YOU INSPIRE ME EVERYDAY TO KEEP DOING WHAT I LOVE!! I SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE ALL OF U GUYS AND I HOPE U KNOW THAT!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

521K 44.1K 45
They were both forced into it... He was a drunkard... She was religious... What will happen when these two were forced to stay under the same roof? ...
13.7M 549K 80
"I know that we will never be a real couple, but we can at least be nice to each other Aneel" I told him. I've had enough. Tears were starting to pri...
5.1M 278K 59
#1 in What's hot list and still counting going on. Allahamdulilah. Thank you my beautiful readers. "You're a bad omen.. If anyone see your face first...
8.1M 342K 52
"I hope you realize you made the worst f**king decision of your life." She could feel his cold icy blue eyes piercing through her soul. "I didn't as...