The Story Of Us

By bocasmaries

Selena Gomez is the 'it' girl at West Boca Raton High, in Boca Raton, Florida. She's captain of the cheerlead... More

The Story Of Us
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 2

10.5K 277 100
By bocasmaries

Chapter Two:

Selena’s POV:

It was now lunch time and I walked off to the cafeteria with Demi. I sat at the lunch table where there sat Ariana, Barbara and Jasmine or as we call her Jas.

“Hey girls.” I smiled. Each of them said hi back.

“Aren’t you gonna eat? You never skip lunch.” Barbara asked taking a fry in her mouth.

“No.” I replied. I stole a fry from Barbara’s plate popping it in my mouth, getting a death glare in return.

“Are you okay? Are you feeling sick?” Ariana asked feeling my head.

“I’m fine Ariana.” I said taking her hand off my forehead.

“Are you sure? Selena you never skip lunch—or any chance to eat like Barbara said.” Jas said chuckling a bit.

“Like I said, I’m fine. I have to go up to the library because Mrs. Ice gave us a project to do. I have to do a paper on my favorite book from Shakespeare.” I said not interested.

“Ohhh, I feel sorry for you babe.” Barbara said.

“Just do Romeo and Juliet. It’s simple and we read it before during our freshman year.” Demi spoke up.

“I would, but I can’t. She said any book except Romeo and Juliet because I’m guessing she knows everyone would try to pick that book.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

My friends are the best. I’ve known Demi the longest. We became bestfriends instantly in first grade. Demi is like the laid back one of the group. She gets along with everyone fairly nicely—well tries to; she’s never the one to start an argument.  Ariana comes second. I met Ariana in the 5th grade, when Demi and she became step-sisters. You actually wouldn’t think they are step-sisters because usually step sisters never got along, but they actually got along perfectly well. Ariana is also like the bubbly one of the group. She always has energy, she basically reminds us all of a 10 year old girl—but in a good way.

Next Jas and Barbara. I met them when I became head cheerleader freshman year and they were on the team. I also instantly became close friends with them also. Jas is like the really fun one of the group—basically the party girl. She’s always up for a party and loves to have fun. Barbara you can say is the preppy one. She’s also kind of snobby, but not that much.

I got along with them very well, but out of all them I was closest to Demi.

Oh and I have other friends from the cheer team, and other “populars” but Demi, Ariana, Barbara and Jas are the ones who I’m closest to.

“So what is basically this paper about again?” Demi asked.

“Basically I have to write a one page paper on my favorite Shakespeare book, other than Romeo and Juliet.” I said. “I mean I’m glad that it doesn’t have to be 10 pages long, but still, this project is going to bore me to death I swear!” I said.

Suddenly I saw Ariana’s boyfriend, Jai walk up to her giving her a kiss. Out of the group, Ariana and I were the only ones with boyfriends—as of right now.

“Thanks for saying hi.” Jas said throwing a fry at him.

“Hi there lovely ladies. You all look gorgeous today, but I think my babe Ariana has you all beat.” He said kissing Ariana again.

“Aw thanks Jai.” She said blushing.

We all made gagging sounds and twisted faces acting like we were grossed out but it was actually cute.

“Hey baby.” A husky voice said behind me, kissing my exposed shoulder. I was a little startled, but I turned around seeing Colton; I got up from my seat and kissed him and I tasted the alcohol.

“Babe, why do you taste like--.” I said trailing off.

“Oh, me and some of the guys skipped last period and decided to have some fun.” Colton said. I just nodded my head un-interested and grabbed my bag.

“Well I should get going.” I said.

“Where you going?” Colton asked placing his hands on my waist.

“I have to go to the library.” I said.

“Gross.” Colton said. Of course you would say that, you’ve never read a book in your life. “How about we just skip lunch and have some fun of our own babe?” Colton added smirking.

Did he seriously think I was going to have sex with him? Especially in school!

“No Colton, I’m not hooking up with you in school.” I said quietly so the rest of our table couldn’t hear us.

“I was thinking something else. You’d be doing all the work.” He said never wiping away that smirk.

“Bye Colton.” I say rolling my eyes. I gave him a quick kiss on his lips, saying bye to everyone else and walked off to the library.

Colton, sometimes I don’t know. I love him, and other times I don’t. He’s been drinking a lot lately and to be honest I don’t like it. No, I don’t have a problem with him drinking and I’m not one of the overly controlled freaks of a girlfriend; I just don’t like the idea of him drinking heavily, especially during school hours and plus he is my boyfriend. I’m supposed to care about him. Right?

I walked up the stairs to the library taking a left and bumped into someone.

“Sorry.” I said.

“Oh hey Selena.”

“Oh hey Tori.” I snickered.

As you can tell, I don’t like Tori, and that’s big because I’m usually nice to people. But something about her irks my nerves. Maybe it’s the fact she’s always after my boyfriend. She’s been after Colton ever since freshman year when I became head cheerleader and she didn’t. She still is on the cheer team, but only to get under my skin.

“You know, your boyfriend is really hot when he’s partially drunk.” She smirked.

Right then and there I wanted to smack that grin off her face. Instead I rolled my eyes and walked past her finally making my way to the library.

“Excuse me; do you know where I can find a book about some Shakespeare stuff? I have an English project to do.” I said to the blonde Liberian. She was actually really pretty. She was blonde, had blue eyes and a nice figure. I was so jealous. She was like a live Barbie doll.

“Oh, yes ma’am, this way.” She said motioning me to follow her. I did so and she showed me a row of books—mainly romance.

I looked at the books and the woman left me alone to check out the books. I felt like I was being watched so I turned my head and there sat Justin.

And he was staring at me.

I gave him a smile and turned my head back to the books that were in front of me. I picked up three different books and read the back covers of them—and I was not interested at all. I narrowed it down to two books and I couldn’t choose.

I walked over to Justin who sat at the table quietly never taking his eyes off his book, even after I sat down.

I cleared my throat and he looked up slowly. I looked into his nice honey color brown eyes. Wow they’re gorgeous. Wait Selena—you have a boyfriend.

“Hi.” I said smiling.

“Hi.” Justin said quietly.

“Can you help me with something?” I asked him. I noticed how nervous he was and thought it was cute.

“S—sure.” He stuttered out. Aw, his stutter is even cuter.

“Help me pick a book. I have a project to do and I need help.” I said. Justin slowly nodded his head, checking out the books I held out in front of him. He pointed to a book. I looked at it and actually thought good pick Justin. “Good pick.” I smiled. Justin smiled back and put his head back down.

Why is he so shy?

“I’m Selena.” I said holding out my hand for him to shake.

“I know.” He said taking my handing giving me a quick shake.

Wow Selena, of course he knows who you are, you’re the most popular girl in school.

“I’ve known you since third grade.” Justin added in. Oh. Third grade? I don’t remember him in the third grade.

Oh wait yes I do, he was bestfriends with that Ryan Butler guy, and I think he still is.

“Oh well that’s nice.” I said. Justin smiled again and went back to his book.

His smile is perfect. Okay why am I thinking about Justin like that again? Wait this isn’t bad? Right? It’s not like I’m imagining him naked or anything. Now that I think about it, I do wonder what Justin looks like naked.

“Ar—are you okay?” Justin said.

“Huh, what?” I said confused.

“Your facial expressions.” He said.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine.” I said feeling the blush come to my cheeks. Justin even made me blush. “Hey, aren’t you in my next class? Math with Mr. Brooklyn?” I asked quickly changing the subject.

Justin slowly nodded.

“Okay, walk with me.” I said.

“What?” He asked confused.

“Walk with me to math.” I said laughing.

“I—I really shouldn’t.” He stuttered out.

“And why not?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

“Because your boyfriend.” Justin said a little scared and shy, and this time without stuttering.

I sighed remembering what happened earlier this morning.

“Don’t worry about Colton. He can’t tell me who I can and can’t walk to class with.” I said truthfully.

The truth is I wanted to know Justin more. I noticed he’s really shy and never talks to anyone but Ryan. I want Justin to open up to me, and become my friend. I wanted him to open up and show me who he really is. For the past 9 years knowing—or not knowing him, I haven’t had a decent conversation with him.

One being because of Colton. I remember sophomore year, I was partnered up with Justin for a project, Colton found out, and told me to ask our teacher to switch partners because I felt ‘uncomfortable’ with Justin, which wasn’t true. I told Colton he had nothing to be worried about, but he said if I didn’t, then Justin would pay.

“Now come on, so we won’t be late.” I said.

“Okay.” Justin whispered.

Justin’s POV:

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Walk with me to math.” Selena said laughing.

Was this girl serious? I mean I loved the idea, and have been imagining this day forever but I was scared to even be seen talking to her.

 “I—I really shouldn’t.” I stuttered nervously.

“And why not?” She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

“Because your boyfriend.” I said sounding a little scared and nervous, but without stuttering.

I heard her sigh and then she said, “Don’t worry about Colton. He can’t tell me who I can and can’t walk to class with.”

And when she said that I just wanted to do one hundred cartwheels because I was so excited. She actually wanted to walk to class with me? Me? Justin Bieber the nerd? Selena Gomez the most popular girl in this school wanted to walk to class with me, Justin Bieber the most unpopular guy at this school.

“Now come on, so we won’t be late.” She said breaking my thoughts.

“Okay.” I whispered on the outside, but on the inside I just wanted to scream with joy.

We linked arms—and I swear I felt electricity—and walked off to our math class.

I was a little nervous walking to class with her, especially with linked arms because I was afraid of someone catching us—more likely Colton.

But luckily the bell hasn’t rung so everyone was still at lunch.

We came to a stop in front of our math class and Selena turned to me.

“Sit by me?” She said.

“Sure.” I replied.

Our math tables sat two people.

We walked in, us being the only ones and took our seats in the back. The bell rung soon after we took our seats and everyone came in. Again, I’m glad Colton wasn’t in this class. I actually didn’t have any classes with him this year.

“Good after noon.” Mr. Brooklyn said. “We’ll be working on a packet. The packet is about 10 pages with 10 problems on each of the first 5 pages and 20 problems on each of the last 5 pages, so 150 problems all together.” He announced.

The entire class groaned. “But no worries,” he began again, “since I’m gonna be nice, you will only have to do 75 of the problems, and 15 of must include the problems on the last 5 pages.” He said and began passing out the packets. “And you may work with one other person.” He added in.

I guess I was working alone again.

“Work with me?” Selena said catching me off guard.

“R-really?”

“Yep. I mean, that’s a lot of problems and we’ll get done a lot faster if we work together.” She said. “And no, you will not be working on all the problems alone, like I said, we’ll work together.”

“The packet is due next Friday. So you all have 10 days, including today and the weekend. Today is your only day to work on it in class, so you’ll have to arrange plans to work together on it on your own time.” He said.

I tensed up. Would Selena still want to work with me, knowing we have to hang out after school?

“So how about you come over my house Friday?” Selena asked. Again throwing me off. Why is she being so nice? Yeah I know she’s nice for being popular. Maybe I’m gonna be on punk’d. Maybe this is all a dare. Maybe Colton is waiting to beat me up. Oh no, this is all a trap. I’m gonna end up in the hospital because I was talking to Selena.

“So what do you think Justin?” She asked again, and I realized I didn’t answer her back.

“Sure. That sounds f-fine.” I said. I was so close not to stuttering.

“Okay good. After last period on Friday meet me outside on the front entrance steps and we’ll go to my house.” She smiled. I smiled back and we began working on our packet.

So far today has been the best. I finally talked to the girl I’ve been dreaming about for years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 4.9K 58
What's the best way to find love? Break up with your boyfriend. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- FORMERL...
165K 7.7K 61
TURBULENCE (n:) The quality or state of violent disorder or commotion. Chaotic or unstable motion in the atmosphere. Anything and everything that cha...
17.8M 274K 43
You've heard of when bad boy meets good girl....but have you heard of when bad girl meets good boy? When Nolan met Danielle he expected nothing. Litt...
705K 23.9K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...