My Quiet Mate

By Star-Fly18

Boy x Boy This book is complete and I am working to edit right now!! Quinn is an abused sixteen year old boy... More

Chapter 1: The Forest
Chapter 2: The Wolf
Chapter 3: My Wolf
Chapter 4: The Pack
Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets
Chapter 6: Fear and Love
Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack
Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears
Chapter 9: The Jig Is Up
Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 11: The Strange Wolf
Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks
Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine
Chapter 14: Marking
Chapter 15: The Run Down
Chapter 16: The Change
Authors Note
Chapter 17: The Dilemma
Chapter 18: Dangers of a Wondering Mind
Chapter 19: The Threat
Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth
Chapter 22: Talking and Other Things
Chapter 23: The Day After...
Chapter 24: We Need To Talk
Chapter 25: Surprise!!
Chapter 26: Waffle Break
Chapter 27: Alone Time
Chapter 28: Our Luna
Chapter 29: Check Up
Chapter 30: Trust Is Earned
Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations
Chapter 32: The Storm
Chapter 33: Bad News
Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue
Chapter 35: The Last Week
Authors Note IMPORTANT

Chapter 20: Brothers

31.5K 1.4K 463
By Star-Fly18

We made our way out of the woods and we were soon in the backyard. I looked over the house with fondness and I was soon climbing the steps of the porch with the cubs scrambling after me. I giggled as they continued to play and make funny noises. As I was watching the cubs my ears picked up the sound of something crunching through the underbrush followed by a string of curses. I looked over in alarm to see a boy, about nineteen come out of the thick forest and into the backyard.

I froze in fear and Devon growled at the strange person for a second before stopping. He was facing away from me so I couldn't see his expression. Devon seemed to be relaxed though. The boy looked up and noticed us and smiled brightly. Despite the smile I still felt myself filling up with fear. I did still have my phobia of all men it seems.

"Hi!" the boy yelled as he jogged over to us, "I couldn't find my mate so I took you up on your offer to come here, but I'll tell ya, it was a bitch to find!"

"What? He had a mate? What is going on?" I wondered as he approached. I was still frozen in fear and couldn't talk.

"I'm glad you made it here safely," Devon told the boy. What the hell? He had invited him here? "Your mate is still looking for you. I ran into him a little bit ago and he is really worried."

"Oh, he will be fine. He is a big baby anyway," the boy said with a roll of his eyes.

Finally, Devon glanced over to me to see my shocked and frozen state. He reached out to me and once he touched me and the sparks erupted up my arm I was able to move again. I quickly his myself behind Devon and buried my face into his back while grabbing handfuls of his shirt. I was shaking in fear and the cubs were pressed up against my legs, lending their support.

The boy held his hand out to Devon to shake, "I'm Jay," he introduced. He seemed to either not notice me or he was just ignoring me.

Devon gave Jay's hand a firm shake and introduced himself, then he looked over his shoulder to me with worry. "What's the matter sweetheart?" he asked softly.

I didn't answer him; I was too afraid and even if I could answer it would probably be in German. Devon looked me over and his eyes widened in realization after a second. He gave me a soft look and placed one of his large hands on the top of my head.

"Its fine Quinn," he assured me and I could feel my tense muscles relax slightly, "I'm right here." I nodded to him to show that I heard but I kept myself hid behind Devon.

"Won't you come inside?" Devon asked Jay. To my dismay, Jay nodded enthusiastically and Devon was soon leading the way into the house. Jay followed us, practically skipping, while was trying to use Devon as a meat shield to keep me away from Jay. I was calmer then I was before but I was nowhere near relaxed.

We continued down the hall and I flinched at every loud noise Jay made. Once I caught sight of the doorway leading into the living room I ran ahead of Devon and Jay to try to get away from Jay. The cubs made sure to keep close and I soon burst into the living room that was filled with the packs chatter. Once I entered the pack looked and smiled but their smiles were soon replaced with worried look as they saw my stressed face.

Eli, Chris and Cooper immediately popped up and rushed over to me and started rubbing my back and talking to me in soothing tones. I grabbed on to Cooper and buried my face into his chest. He instantly wrapped his arms around me lightly and started rubbing my back. I used to come to him a lot after I got a particularly bad beating and we would do this, so he knew what to do.

I heard Devon enter the room and I looked up to him to see that Jay was still with him. Why doesn't he just get rid of him? Doesn't he see that he is making me uncomfortable? The pack started growling when they saw Jay and Isaac and Owen hopped up from their seats.

Devon raised his hand and the noise dropped, "Everyone, this is Jay," he announced. "He is a human and he has been separated from his mate in the forest. He will be staying with us until he is with him mate again. Understand?"

After that, no one growled and Owen and Isaac sat back down. The room was filled with tension and Eli kept looking from Jay, to me then to Devon.

"Breakfast is ready," Chris announced awkwardly, trying and succeeding to break the tension. The room was soon filled with small talk again the everyone made their was over to the table that was loaded with food that I paid no mind to. I was too stressed to eat.

Devon sat at the head of the table and I was going to sit in the open chair to his right but I saw that Jay was on the seat to Devon's left. That meant that if I wanted to sit next to Devon I would have to be face to face with Jay for the whole meal. I looked to the seat with hesitation and decided not to sit there in favor of sitting at the other end of the table. I was away from Jay but I was also away from Devon, which I was not too happy about.

Everyone started dishing up and the table was quiet. Stephanie was the one to start the conversation up and soon everyone was talking except for Cooper and I. I sat with my hands in my lap and waited until I could leave. I hadn't eaten anything and I didn't even have anything on my plate, but I wasn't going to eat.

"Have we met somewhere before?" Cooper asked suddenly. I looked up to see that he was looking at Jay and Jay was looking back to him with confusion

Jay looked to Cooper, "I don't think so, why?"

"You look really familiar for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it," Cooper mumbled. Jay shrugged and went back to eating.

Now that Cooper mentioned it, Jay did look familiar. As I studied him my hands started to get clammy and I could feel myself getting pale.

Stephanie, who was watching me, leaned over to me and whispered to me, "Quinn sweetie, are you ok?"

I nodded hesitantly, "Ich weiß nicht woher ich ihn kenne,"(I do not know how I know him) I mumbled more to myself then to her.

"Was that German?" Jay asked with excitement as I flinched away from him.

I saw Copper nod his head yes and Jay let out a happy squeal, "That is so cool! My mate speaks German too! He will be so happy to have someone to talk to!"

I froze again and my breathing stopped. No. It can't be.

Cooper looked at Jay with fear, he must be thinking the same thing as me, "What is your mates name?" he asked with fear dripping off of his voice.

"Carlyle," Jay said with confusion.

Once Jay said that evil name I screamed, very loudly I might add, and sprinted up the stairs and into Devon's and my room. As I reached it I slammed the door shut and started pacing the room, barely breathing.

As I paced I could hear yelling from downstairs but I ignored it in favor of focusing on not having a panic attack. As I was just starting to clear my mind a loud growl erupted from the back yard and my blood ran cold.

My brother was here. He has found me. He is going to kill me.

There was more yelling from downstairs for a second before their steps started to head to the backdoor. I started to panic more; he was going to kill them! He was going to kill Eli, and Isaac, and Cooper.

And Devon.

Biting my nail I raced over to the window that looked over the backyard and my breath caught. There he was, Carlyle, the devil himself at least in my book. He was standing just passed the tree line and he had his arms crossed, a sure sign he was mad.

Carlyle was a big mad, about six seven, and he had a hard jawline with a bit of stubble. His mouth was set in a hard line and his eyes screamed fury. He had green eyes like me and my father and Carlyle had no scars. He has gotten in more fights then I can count but he never loses. Never.

He had his eyes glued on the back door in a hard glare and I looked down right as Devon came busting through the door with murder in his eyes. Carlyle's look looked surprised for a moment before it hardened again. I could see Carlyle's lips moving but I couldn't make but what he was saying. Devon said something back and Carlyle looked even madder.

Carlyle took a threatening step towards Devon and it looked like a fight was going to break out when Jay bust through the back door with steam coming out of his ears. Carlyle stopped for a second and he took a step back with a hint of fear in his eyes.

Jay stomped up to Carlyle and Carlyle put his hands up in an attempt to stop Jay. Jay swatted his hands aside and he punched Carlyle in the gut. Carlyle gasped slightly and Jay jumped around as he shook out his hand and jumped around. I could practically hear him cursing and man did he have a mouth on him.

Carlyle looked at him with worry and I watched in surprise. I had only ever seen Carlyle be angry or furious, never kind, or worried, or upset. Before Carlyle could touch Jay, Jay was shaking his finger in Carlyle's face and giving my brother an earful. To my astonishment Carlyle didn't reach up and snap Jays hand, or even talk back, he just le tit happen.

As I watched Carlyle seemed to be just listening but Jay said something and Carlyle seemed to perk up and his eyes filled with fury. He yelled something as Jay, and when Jay looked shocked and didn't answer he shouted at Devon. I was fed up with not bring able to hear what they were taking about so I slowly cracked the window open slightly.

"He's here?!?!" Carlyle shouted in anger. Just the sound of Carlyle's rough voice and heavy accent sent fear spiking through my body. "That no good Quinn is here!?!" he yelled to Devon.

"It is of no concern to you if he is here or not, though what is your concern is that you will never hurt him again!" Devon yelled in anger.

Carlyle tried to approach Devon when Jay got in his way. Carlyle looked down to Jay and snarled at him, "MOVE!"

Jay looked unimpressed, "Don't use that tone with me! If this is how you are going to be then I will reject you! I mean, what kind of brother would beat up his own brother?" Jay asked in anger but there were tears in his eyes.

Carlyle looked at Jay in sadness before getting angry again and picking Jay up and carrying him a little ways away. Carlyle plopped Jay down on his butt and before jay could get up his arms and legs were encased in stone. Jay didn't look scared; he just looked angrier.

"Carlyle, I swear to god, if you don't let me go this second you will regret it!" he screamed as he tried to get out of the stone.

Carlyle ignored him and started walking threateningly towards Devon and the pack. Before he could reach anyone Cooper jumped in front of him in a ready stance and a glare. Carlyle looked down on Cooper and snorted in laughter. He raised his hand to swat Cooper away when Cooper ducked and gave him a hard punch in the jaw.

Carlyle stumbled back and looked at Cooper in surprise, and so did I. I knew from experience that Carlyle was as hard as a rock. Perks of being a Golem guess. Carlyle growled and charged at Cooper, now more weary. He reached Cooper and swung with a strong right followed by an uppercut left. Cooper got hit with the first but managed to dodge the second attack and he retaliated.

They exchanged blow after blow for a while but I could tell Cooper was getting tired. Owen ran over to help and Cooper stopped him with a growl, never looking away from Carlyle.

"Stop Owen!" he yelled, "Don't attack him unless you have a plan. He will kill you faster then you can say confetti if you do!" Cooper told him as he tried to avoid more blows.

Cooper was doing a pretty good job, and even dishing out some hits, but he got caught in the face and his eyes rolled back. He was out. Not dead, but out. Owen growled loudly and jumped at Carlyle while shifting in mid air. Carlyle easily caught Owen by the throat the tossed him aside. Devon growled and the pack all shifted and Stephanie pulled out a knife that I didn't know she had.

Carlyle faced them and let out a sinister laugh and he shifted too. He shifted into a large black wolf that looked like burnt stone and his eyes were glowing yellow, making him look like he was on fire inside. Carlyle was about the size of Devon, if not slightly bigger.

"I thought your mother was a human?" Devon asked as he looked over Carlyle's large form.

Chris answered, "She must have had a recessive werewolf gene and that was how it was possible for Carlyle to even be born!" Chris said and with fear.

Then the fight started. The pack tried taking him on in pairs, first Owen and Isaac together and when that failed they tried rushing him. Carlyle easily evaded all of the attacks and was only dishing out small wounds, nothing life threatening. It may seem like he was trying not to kill them, but he was really trying to play with them. He was trying to make their deaths as long and slow as possible.

I know because I have seen him do it before. He did this to my dog. My loyal dog that did nothing but try to protect me. That dog didn't stand a chance. He was old and frail when Carlyle did it and I could do nothing but watch and when Carlyle was done I held my dog as it died in my arms, and the dog looked at me with nothing but love and trust, like he was saying he was happy to be my dog and that he was glad to die for my sake.

That was the first time that I realized that I hated, loathed, my brother.

As I watched my pack fight I sat in fear. I was just letting my pack get hurt for me, I was just letting some of the only people in my life that showed me love get hurt. As I watched my gaze turned from fear to anger. I was stronger now, and I wasn't going to let that happen again.

I was going to fight.

***AUTHORS NOTE***(I was going to stop there but I'll write more. You guys better love me for this! It's like 2 AM and I am sicker then a dog right now)

Before my courage could falter I ran out the door and raced to the backyard. Thundering through the house I busted through the back door and looked at the mass of fur and teeth.

"Carlyle!" I yelled in anger. All fighting stopped and everyone looked up to me. The pack looked up in surprise and fear, and Carlyle looked up in anger.

"So, you finally decided to show yourself!" Carlyle growled out. I don't know how he could talk in his wolf form but I was too mad to care.

"Leave my pack alone!" I demanded as I jumped off the porch.

"So that is where you have been this week," he snarled, "you have been joining a pack of flea balls! Well, do you know that these flea balls killed our father!?!" he yelled, thinking that is would surprise and hurt me.

I nodded my head yes and Carlyle looked taken aback, "And you still want to be with them? What is wrong with you? First you kill my mother, then yours, then you make us leave Germany, and now you are with the things that killed my-our- father? How can you make my life any worse?" he asked with a slight shake in his voice.

I looked at him now hurt and confused, "What?" I asked, "I didn't do any of that!" I told him with pleading eyes. If that what my father has been telling Carlyle, that everything bad that has been happening has been my doing?

"Don't try to play dumb!" he snarled as he charged me. Before he could get more then a few steps towards me Devon got in his way and growled lowly. Carlyle looked at him in slight surprise. "I'm guessing this is your mate?" he asked with a sneer, still looking at me.

I didn't answer.

He laughed evilly, "He must hate having a pathetic human like you as his mate! At least Jay is strong!" he laughed. Speaking of Jay he was still in the stone and he was screaming and thrashing, still trying to get free.

I looked back to Devon when he growled even louder. "Oh? Struck a nerve did I?" Carlyle asked with a chuckle.

Out of nowhere Carlyle shoved Devon out of the way and made a dash towards me. He ran at me, practically foaming at the mouth and jumped with his mouth wide open. I froze and time seemed to stop.

"I've got this," Finn said confidently as he forced me to shift into our wolf. Finn took over control and jumped and tackled Carlyle, forcing him to fall on his back. Finn stood over Carlyle and growled in him face. Carlyle looked up at me, astonished, before he shoved Finn off of him and stood quickly. Finn let me take back control but was right there if he needed to take control back.

"How is this possible?" Carlyle whispered, as he looked me over.

I tried talking too, "I have always been this, you just have been to full of yourself to notice," I told him coolly. My voice as a wolf was a mix of Finn's and my voice. It was actually pretty chilling sounding.

Carlyle shook off his astonishment and attacked me. Finn tried to take control but I didn't let him, this was up to me.

He snapped at my front leg and I lifted it out of the way and swiped at his face. I caught him and my claws ripped through his rock hard skin. Since I was a Golem Werewolf too and we were both in wolf form this fight was like two normal werewolves fighting each other. He growled in anger and pain and took another bit at me. He managed to get my shoulder and I yelped in pain as I bit his ear.

He released me and I released him, and we started to circle each other. We were growling and waiting for the other to make the first move. Eventually he did and lunged for me again. I avoided and he left no room for me to attack back. He kept attacking and when I was able to keep him from harming me he growled and started to grow.

I watched in fear as he shifted into his Golem form and roared at me as he swatted me to the side. "Oh he did not just swipe us!" Stan growled angrily, "My turn bitch," he growled as he forced me to shift into my Golem also. Stan roared in anger and gave me control.

I looked Carlyle over, he was bigger then me, and his Golem form also looked like burnt rocks being held together by slightly still glowing lava with the always present glowing green eyes, but since he is a return like me he had one glowing green eye and one glowing golden eye, showing me that Carlyle was in control and not his Golem.

He charged at me first again and smashed a huge fist into the side of my head. I reeled back and swung my leg out, catching him in the leg and making him stumble. He swiped at me, and since he also had clawed hands, he cut into my chest. I didn't make a sound of pain and kept fighting. After an hour of this I could tell that he was getting tired and I was panting for breath. The cut on my chest was dripping green Golem blood and I was getting tired fast.

"Why *pant* do you insist or ruining my life?" he asked while trying to catch his breath, " I was mad at you at first because I thought you were the reason that my mother killed herself, and I was going to forgive you because your mother treated me more like her son then my own mother did, but then you had to go and kill your own mother too!" he screamed at me, becoming more and more upset. "If that wasn't bad enough you had to go and get your mothers pack to attack us and make us leave Germany! I was ten Quinn, ten! I didn't even speak English! You were young enough that you picked it up but I was left scared and confused for years!" he was now crying and he looked so lost. "Father convinced me that we had to beat it into you that what you did was wrong so that you would never do it again. I was young, so I believed him, and I beat you, me, your own brother. I didn't even know it was wrong until I met Jay a month ago, and he convinced me it was wrong and I should stop. I come home with the full intention to tell you I was sorry and to be your brother only to find our father dead, and my brother's scent surrounding him! How could you? How could you?" By the time he was finished he was whispering and a few tears slipped out as he spoke.

I was frozen, that was what my father told him? I was shocked but he continued before I could explain.

"I was going to be your brother again, but you have to be stopped. You have done too much harm and I don't know if I can help you," he whispered as he started to grow more, "I have to put you down Quinn. I'm sorry," he was now full on crying, as he grew bigger. His flat Golem face stretched out to be more wolf like and his wolf ears came out. He started sprouting fur and his claws became sharper. A tail grew too and it was lined with razor sharp barbs. He was now in a wolf Golem half form and was looking at me with sadness.

"Quinn," Finn shouted, "We have to shift into our hybrid form too if we have a chance of stopping him and explaining things! Let us do it! All three of us have to be in full consent for us to be able to do it!" he shouted frantically.

"I'm all in!" Stan stated strongly as he focused on our brother.

"Do it," I commanded.

I felt myself slowly starting to grow taller and my form hunched more. Fur, the same color as my wolves, strung out and covered most of my body. My teeth elongated and my hands turned into more the shape of paws. A tail sprouted and mine was longer then Carlyle's and mine was also covered in sharp barbs. My hybrid form was more hunched over and wolf looking while Carlyle was more upright and had more golem features.

I growled at him and he roared at me, but this time, I was the first to attack. Now that I knew why Carlyle did those things all those years I was determined to show him that he had it all wrong.

I wanted my brother back.

I jumped at him and knocked him over with my weight and the ground shook as we landed. He punched me in the side a few time before I pinned his arm and spat a glob of lava at him. We had been fighting long enough that I was now warm enough to have my lava. He roared in pain as it melted away the rock on his chest, exposing the skin.

I went to claw at it when he let out a scream that rattled my whole body and created cracks on my face. I jumped off and tried to recuperate. He jumped up and stomped the ground, making rocks shoot up from the ground and head towards me. I punched the ground also and canceled out his attack. Faster then I could see he was at my side with his claws to my throat. Before he could give the final blow I grabbed his hand and flipped him over my shoulder and onto the ground.

As he hit he held on to my hand and flipped me too. I laid on the ground, stunned and dizzy. Hazily, I saw Carlyle stumble to his feet and stand over me. I was still not able to move and I really didn't know what was going on.

"Good bye, brother," he whispered with his voice full of guilt. Slowly, he raised his foot and held it over my head. He was going to smash my head and kill me. He took a deep breath and right before he was going to commit to it and kill me Ox and Coda ran up and stood on my face, under Carlyle's foot.

Carlyle froze and looked at the bear cubs in shock and they growled and squeaked at him. I took this opportunity and snatched up the cubs gently as I reached down and tore a chunk of rock from the earth and chucked it as hard as I could at Carlyle's head.

It was a direct hit.

His head flung back and he stumbled for a second before he swayed and fell. Out cold. Slowly, he started to shrink until he was in his human form. I looked down at the two bear cubs in my hand, "Thank you," I whispered.

They growled and chuffed in pride as I set them down. Once I did I started to sway myself and the ground came rushing up to meet me as the darkness took over.

****WOW this was a long chapter, but it was a good one! Comment and vote my awesome readers!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 1.9K 20
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 boyxboy Alpha Kyler and alpha Dom have been enemies for as long as they can remember. So what happens...
56.6K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
166K 5.2K 12
⚠️NEW VERSION OUT CALLED "MY MATES I CHERISHED THE MOST"⚠️ There's a 17 year old boy name, Allan. Allan is a boy that gets abused by his foster fathe...
8M 354K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...